Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Politics and Current Affairs All things political.

Like Tree9Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:21 PM   #151 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
Just another example of lying gasbag Limbaugh pollution. The list is endless. How do you know when Rush is lying ? When he moves his lips.

Limbaugh falsely claimed Obama, Reich were never professors | Research | Media Matters for America
Actually, Obama was a lecturer not a professor. He was put there as a convenience and when (if?) you do a little research and shoot for a few actual facts, you will perhaps change your mind. Yeah, right . . . LOL. His titles were Lecturer and Senior Lecturer.

You have never listened to Rush. You are on the left side and it is your calling to hate Rush Limbaugh. You do not seem to care about facts unless it cones from some site that supports your pre conceived notions. Almost always inaccurate notions about the right and people like Rush.

Second, you are going by Media Matters. Please try again . . . No Soup For You!

You really need to carefully check your sources before you claim Rush is a liar. And please . . . do us all a favor and try a less left leaning source for your "proof." :rolleyes

Advertisements
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:18 PM   #152 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,244
 
Device(s): SGS2- GB08, Samsung Prevail- CTMod 3.75
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 154
Thanked 278 Times in 167 Posts
Default

Thought I would say that I give Rush and Beck the same respect I give Michael Moore and Keith Olberman (since leaving SportsCenter), none.

I have never seen a Michael Moore movie and I did not see the anti-Obama movie 2 months ago, I know they will be jaded so why bother.

I have voted Republican, Democrat and Independant for President.

In truth the last candidate I believed in was Perot, since then I have voted defensively every election. I see it as a sad state of affairs when I cannot believe in any Presidential candidate.
PrinceCorwin likes this.
kevincott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 03:11 AM   #153 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
Actually, Obama was a lecturer not a professor. He was put there as a convenience and when (if?) you do a little research and shoot for a few actual facts, you will perhaps change your mind. Yeah, right . . . LOL. His titles were Lecturer and Senior Lecturer.

You have never listened to Rush. You are on the left side and it is your calling to hate Rush Limbaugh. You do not seem to care about facts unless it cones from some site that supports your pre conceived notions. Almost always inaccurate notions about the right and people like Rush.

Second, you are going by Media Matters. Please try again . . . No Soup For You!

You really need to carefully check your sources before you claim Rush is a liar. And please . . . do us all a favor and try a less left leaning source for your "proof." :rolleyes
Truth hurts, sorry this idiot Limbaugh tapes his own lies. This is the age of the internet, you don't think others can check, i.e. Obama was a Law Professor, look up the term Doctor of Law. Juris Doctor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then, again, you rely on paid lobbyist and lying Limbaugh for data. I don't hate POS Rush, just treat this POS as a rabid dog and attempt to limit further infection.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:47 AM   #154 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jefboyardee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,665
 
Device(s): Fuel W7hp Mint
Carrier: Stray Talk

Thanks: 461
Thanked 521 Times in 446 Posts
Default

Quote:
Truth hurts, sorry this idiot Limbaugh tapes his own lies.
Back when I was still a liberal because thatís what mainstream media told me to be, I had no use for the likes of Rush, just assumed it was an endless trail of right-wing lies.

I have to thank Monica Lewinsky for perking me up enough to actually listen to him. Iíve been listening ever since and also have to thank him for making me realize I never was a liberal.

And, being that mainstream media listens to every word he says, waiting for something to pounce on, wouldnít they have ruined him by now, exposing all these supposed lies?
__________________
jefboyardee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 03:16 PM   #155 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefboyardee View Post
Back when I was still a liberal because thatís what mainstream media told me to be
Damn MSM, owned by wealthy special interests, why is it so liberal? /s
__________________
Sign up for Minus online storage and get 10 GB of Free Space today! Sign up Here!
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:17 PM   #156 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jefboyardee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,665
 
Device(s): Fuel W7hp Mint
Carrier: Stray Talk

Thanks: 461
Thanked 521 Times in 446 Posts
Default

Quote:
Damn MSM, owned by wealthy special interests, why is it so liberal?
Thatís an excellent question.
jefboyardee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:03 PM   #157 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Lying idiot Rush Limbaugh is not better off since Obama took office, as his viewing audience continues to shrink, but the rest of us are as measured by GDP and employment. Idiot boy lives in his own reality.

On Eve Of Lehman Collapse Anniversary, Limbaugh Says: "There's No Debate. We Are Not Better Off" | Blog | Media Matters for America
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 01:44 AM   #158 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefboyardee View Post
Thatís an excellent question.
Yeah, because it isn't.
Especially tabloids.
Sure some outlets are liberal, but not really in the US at all.
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:39 PM   #159 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jefboyardee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,665
 
Device(s): Fuel W7hp Mint
Carrier: Stray Talk

Thanks: 461
Thanked 521 Times in 446 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElasticNinja View Post
Sure some outlets are liberal, but not really in the US at all.
I hope youíre as young as you sound.
jefboyardee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #160 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Well with an aviator with a dead squirrel next to a bottle of distilled beverage is a PSA sublimed message regarding a pickled brain.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #161 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefboyardee View Post
I hope youíre as young as you sound.
Whats your argument? Huffington Post?
Besides that, a few commentators does not change the overall dynamics as an outlet.

Anyway, as some sort of retort, I hope you are as old as you sound as otherwise you must make for quite a depressing person.
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #162 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Default

The race baiters are out in full force.

Oh the Spew-Hannity - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/03/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #163 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jefboyardee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,665
 
Device(s): Fuel W7hp Mint
Carrier: Stray Talk

Thanks: 461
Thanked 521 Times in 446 Posts
Default

This 2-part speech is more conservative drivel, from a woman that left Acorn:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/3CmkbShVqNA?feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/embed/gy6odnqyLeU?
jefboyardee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #164 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Another American for Prosperity propaganda flick produced by a front group of Koch Industries.
Tracking Koch Money and Americans for Prosperity - Forbes

Another front group exposed: Voting Fraud
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #165 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,033
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 541
Thanked 556 Times in 440 Posts
Default

They're on something!

Seriously, Beck is a drunk and Limburger is a junkie. They really do have substance abuse problems.
Speed Daemon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:07 AM   #166 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
copestag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,352
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Daemon View Post
They're on something!

Seriously, Beck is a drunk and Limburger is a junkie. They really do have substance abuse problems.
Should you really be criticizing someone over substance abuse when your hero Obama openly admits to (in fact brags about) being a drug addict?
copestag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #167 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ElasticNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cork City, IMF, EU
Posts: 4,488
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 Mini, ZTE Blade
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 811
Thanked 460 Times in 408 Posts
ciaranhurley0@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copestag View Post
Should you really be criticizing someone over substance abuse when your hero Obama openly admits to (in fact brags about) being a drug addict?
Ah here, Obama quit the ***s last year. After 30 years, that's no mean feat.
ElasticNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #168 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,568
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 261
Thanked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Yep, tobacco i.e. nicotine is one of the most addicting drugs known, congrats to Obama.
OutofDate1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #169 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
copestag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,352
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts
Default

that would be awesome if cigarettes was the only problem hes had....

but since hes openly bragged about his marijuana and cocaine use I think thats the least of his addictions
copestag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #170 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jefboyardee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,665
 
Device(s): Fuel W7hp Mint
Carrier: Stray Talk

Thanks: 461
Thanked 521 Times in 446 Posts
Default

Quote:
Obama quit the ***s last year.
So, whatever drug youíre talking about, presumably federally illegal, was one he was doing over two years into his presidential term, not to mention the previous senate term?
jefboyardee is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 5th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #171 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 230
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

no point in trying to speak intelligently or rationally with republicans. The only thing they understand is manipulation and rhetoric
Thechidz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #172 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
copestag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,352
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechidz View Post
no point in trying to speak intelligently or rationally with republicans. The only thing they understand is manipulation and rhetoric
thats a pretty big statement....... have something to back it up other than the normal talking point garbage?

I guess on the flipside one could say no point in trying to speak intelligently or rationally with democrats......... there are no intelligent or rational democrats

the only thing they understand is victimization and lies
copestag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #173 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 230
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

I don't trust ANY politician, but the "new" republicans are just so dark. When I see someone like Rick Santorum speak I see nothing but darkness and evil in his eyes. People that seem to desire war and hatred. It's really just incredible how extreme they've become.
Thechidz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #174 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug View Post
Excuse me, but no way on God's little green earth could the Nazis ever be described as left-wing. Good grief, they were Fascists.... the very antithesis of Communists/Socialists.
To be accurate, it's the National Socialist German Worker's Party also know as the Nazi party. Is it now ok to refer to the left as communists/socialists?
neal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #175 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
How can the highly volatile hate speak which Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck use further the public discourse. Is Obama a Nazi? Are we really an arms length from Communism. To listen to these two guys you would think the United States will be the next USSR.
Not sure if either said Obama is a Nazi. Obviously, you do not listen to Limbaugh much past a cursory listen or you would never pose the question. I have never heard Rush say the terrible things he is always accused of saying.

Some people will scurry to find examples of what he apparently said but when you back track and investigate, it is clear he did not say those terrible things.

Like the talking head that said how terrible it was for Rush to say M.J. Fox stops taking his pills so he will shake in front of the camera. Fact is, MJF said so in his book and on TV as well.

Your mind is made up and the question you posed tells me you need to educate yourself a tad more.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Maxey For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (December 13th, 2012)
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #176 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,711
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,257
Thanked 1,537 Times in 1,174 Posts
Default

Thread title should be "Are Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck on Crack?"
__________________
"Machete don't text"
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #177 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Paradise
Posts: 581
 
Device(s): Evo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 52 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Goodness, you must be ignoring people like Stuart and the Big M.
__________________
Sprint Evo in Paradise! High taxes also, higher next year.
Benjie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #178 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Saint Cloud, FL
Posts: 85
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy s4, Google Play Edition ROM
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
They spread nothing but hate
I could be wrong, but all this thread is doing is spreading hate.
Apoplectic1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 04:36 AM   #179 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,033
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 541
Thanked 556 Times in 440 Posts
Default

I don't know or care if either are on "the Mark" but I do know that both have been on intoxicating substances for a fair portion of their careers. In Beck's case it's alcohol; in Limbaugh's case, oxycodone (a powerful narcotic).

I know enough about addiction from experience with family and friends, and believe that personal humility is the first sign of recovery. I don't see the slightest sign of that in either of the two.

I for one wouldn't take advice from any drunk or addict who's in the throes of their disease. Whatever they say is moot. Feeding their illness by affirming their egotistical ranting helps nobody. I can't fix them, but I can ignore them.
Speed Daemon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #180 (permalink)
Endeavor to Persevere :)
 
dustwun77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,786
 
Device(s): Note 3, Evo 4G LTE, Evo 4G retired.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,825
Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,784 Posts
dustwun77@gmail.com
Default

It is funny to me, but it seems to me that if you point out the other side of any issue to some, they jump on a bandwagon and smear you and say you are spreading hate.

How in the world can we have an honest discussion of the matters at hand if one side is so actively bent on suppressing opposing points of view?
dustwun77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #181 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefboyardee View Post
Back when I was still a liberal because thatís what mainstream media told me to be, I had no use for the likes of Rush, just assumed it was an endless trail of right-wing lies.

I have to thank Monica Lewinsky for perking me up enough to actually listen to him. Iíve been listening ever since and also have to thank him for making me realize I never was a liberal.

And, being that mainstream media listens to every word he says, waiting for something to pounce on, wouldnít they have ruined him by now, exposing all these supposed lies?
Welcome to the dark side.

Rush is indeed hated. Especially hated by those that either do not listen to him and swallow the liberal BS or they parrot what others say about him who also do not actually listen to him.

Gathered in this group are people that hate RL for no good reason and they cannot show why he should be hated. The fact is, RL has a big audience and he reports the things the liberal press does not report. The left sees him as a threat.

For the life of me, I cannot see why so many hate what RL says. He is not filled with hate and he is not the liar others say he is. And I started listening to RL daily, a year before his TV show. All one needs to do is a little research and they will know RL is not the liar he is made out to be.

Odd that those who listened to AirAmerica would hear the most outlandish and cruel and hateful things about Conservatives and Republicans all the while screaming about how hateful RL is.

Rush is accused of lying and most certainly, he is not a liar. He is often credited with saying things he did not actually say or the left waits--as you point out--for something they can use against him. They are often wrong when they do this.

I recall when RL was criticized in a letter written by Harry Reid and signed by 40 or so democrats members of congress. The letter fetched more than 4 million dollars (RL also donated a couple of million; the letter sold for a little more than 2 million on the Bay) and RL donated the cash to a very worthy charity. Not something any Democrat would do.

RL wondered why he...a private citizen... was the subject of talks on the floor. Neither did I/do I. A clear abuse of power and this sort of thing should outrage us all. Too bad a few do not know why this is such an abuse by congress.

The infamous letter had to do with RL's so-called "Phony Soldiers" comment. Easy to get upset at Rush untill you look at the facts. Reid and the idiot dems did not tell the whole story or put Rush's comments into proper context. When you do this, you will realize that RL should be praised not hanged on the floor by people who have ignored the Constitution.

Here is the thing: if RL lies, people need to prove it. They can't. All they can do is parrot old crap or make up new crap. About all they can do is find a "Rush Limbaugh Is A Liar" web page, then CRT-C/CRT-V. They do not bother to check the facts, just post the tired rhetoric and then build upon that.

I find it sad that a truly decent man like Rush Limbaugh is so hated for no reason at all. We prefer to act on the liars and that is why Obama gets to stay in the Whitehouse.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Maxey For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (December 14th, 2012)
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #182 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,033
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 541
Thanked 556 Times in 440 Posts
Default

Limbaugh called a complete stranger a rude and defamatory name. I saw the video; the camera (and microphone) does not lie. I can't repeat the word, but since he didn't know if it was true or not, that was indeed a lie. I don't care enough about him to have any feelings about him. But I know that he's a liar, quite belligerent on the radio and speaks like someone who's infatuated with the sound of his own voice.

I don't need such a person in my life. Not even a little bit.
Speed Daemon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #183 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustwun77 View Post
It is funny to me, but it seems to me that if you point out the other side of any issue to some, they jump on a bandwagon and smear you and say you are spreading hate.

How in the world can we have an honest discussion of the matters at hand if one side is so actively bent on suppressing opposing points of view?
It is very hard.

I would look at the liberal press. They love Obama and they do not like Conservatives. When this happens, all hope for a balanced report is lost. RL does his best to keep us informed about what is happening and what is ignored by the left and the left spins it in ways those that do not know better accept as truth, so hatred builds.

We staunch Conservative republicans do not have a voice in the mainstream press, but we do have RL, Beck and Medved. And we have the smarts to confirm if RL is telling us the truth or not.

We call the left liars because in most cases, it is true. The left deals in outright lies or they massage the truth. Or they fail to report vital information.

Consider this: NBC apparently has not yet reported on the union thuggery that lead to a hot dog vendor being called terrible names; they knocked down his cart, damaged lots of stuff all because the vendor said something the union members did not like. The unions have behaved poorly in this latest issue.

Fact: all the new law does is allow people a right to work without joining the union. It does not mean unions are being killed off. This fact is not reported, just the yelling sound bites that serve to protect the unions by making the law look bad and those supporting the law look like evil morons.

Here is one example that always seems to raise hackles. Taxes and what is fair. The left is telling us the wealthy need to pay more taxes. The wealthy think they pay more than their fair share. We are not against paying taxes because we are use to it. We want the government to stop spending like a drunken democrat.

People are told the poor need help and the rich get away with not paying taxes. Yet most of the the rich do use what the press and others call loopholes, when in fact, the rich are following the law and they are--for the most par--not cheats.

I can only wait untill Obamacare arrives in full and we all start getting the bills to be collected by the IRS. I think the tax hikes will do very little in the end. the rich will find a way and we will be "punished" through higher prices and less in the envelope every two weeks.

There is a difference between a loophole and a legitimate tax deduction. The word loophole is used to make the less tax educated among us think this is a bad thing. Loopholes are bad and they are not the same as deductions.

I think one loophole is the deductions for your children. Lets dump that loophole and see what happens.

Consider that nearly half of the country pays no federal income tax. The rich carry the country. Yet the poor think they should be treated fairly. Seems to me, if I am not paying a cent in federal taxes and I use more government services, I am getting a good deal and fairness is the last thing I want.

Fair is not fair unless it means taking money from people that create jobs. No poor person ever gave me a steady pay check.

There are countless reasons not to trust the press and yes, I also suggest you confirm anything you are told. Regardless of the source. Then decide who is the liar and who should be sseriously considered.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Maxey For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (December 14th, 2012)
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #184 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Daemon View Post
Limbaugh called a complete stranger a rude and defamatory name. I saw the video; the camera (and microphone) does not lie. I can't repeat the word, but since he didn't know if it was true or not, that was indeed a lie. I don't care enough about him to have any feelings about him. But I know that he's a liar, quite belligerent on the radio and speaks like someone who's infatuated with the sound of his own voice.

I don't need such a person in my life. Not even a little bit.
What exactly did he say? And what about context? Both are important. You do not have to reply with the word. Just substitute it with 'expletive.'
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #185 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Daemon View Post
I don't know or care if either are on "the Mark" but I do know that both have been on intoxicating substances for a fair portion of their careers. In Beck's case it's alcohol; in Limbaugh's case, oxycodone (a powerful narcotic).

I know enough about addiction from experience with family and friends, and believe that personal humility is the first sign of recovery. I don't see the slightest sign of that in either of the two.

I for one wouldn't take advice from any drunk or addict who's in the throes of their disease. Whatever they say is moot. Feeding their illness by affirming their egotistical ranting helps nobody. I can't fix them, but I can ignore them.
I am glad Beck and Rush are the only people who took drugs.

Do they "abuse" such noxious substances now?

Do you know anything about RL and his pain killer issues?

Lots of people you likely admire smoke dope, drink and take pills. Still do and while they perform or go about their lives. Many have overcome their addictions.

Again, do you actually know anything and what about the facts?
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #186 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copestag View Post
Should you really be criticizing someone over substance abuse when your hero Obama openly admits to (in fact brags about) being a drug addict?
Lots of people use MJ. Many take pills to keep them upright and happy and pills to make them less happy. We drive drunk and many of us pray that MJ will be legalized.

One of my favorite things is music. From the country stars that lead a drug-filled life (and still do) to those that sing about dope and still smoke it, seems rather silly to say one person should be cast out for a drug issue when most of America seems to be attached to some intoxicant in one form or another.

I guess I am too old because I remember when drinking was our only major ill. Those of us that lead a clean life cannot see why any drug use should be tolerated. But we also know that addiction grabs you and it is hard to shake. When we overcome, shouldn't we be praised?

The loudmouth Bill Maher commented on Limbaugh and OXY, but he is a dedicated MJ smoker. He also prefers prostitutes. Pot smoker calling the Radio Kettle Stoned By a man with a seriously questionable life.

We have always had alcohol abusers and "mother's little helper" was a part of daily life for millions back in the day.

And I do drink and I smoke cigars. I guess this means I cannot have my own radio show some day. Glad to know I can still be president.

In the case of Rush and Glen, their "abuse" is over and they are clean and sober. They learned and they lived to tell the tale. Can't they come back from their foibles and abuses? Will Rushes Oxy problem always be the only thing people can point to when criticizing RL? Or alcohol in the case of GB?
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #187 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustwun77 View Post
It is funny to me, but it seems to me that if you point out the other side of any issue to some, they jump on a bandwagon and smear you and say you are spreading hate.

How in the world can we have an honest discussion of the matters at hand if one side is so actively bent on suppressing opposing points of view?
The word Hate means nothing these days. It has lost all meaning, so it seems. We are too quick to judge people who might be telling the truth by calling them hateful. Trust me, I know true hate and it ain't pretty.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #188 (permalink)
Endeavor to Persevere :)
 
dustwun77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,786
 
Device(s): Note 3, Evo 4G LTE, Evo 4G retired.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,825
Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,784 Posts
dustwun77@gmail.com
Default

RL is certainly on the mark here.

Left Mobilizes to Politicize School Shooting - The Rush Limbaugh Show
dustwun77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #189 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
saptech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Third Stone from the Sun
Posts: 3,677
 
Device(s): Motorola Moto G, Samsung Stratosphere, Galaxy Tab 2 SE.
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 610
Thanked 798 Times in 637 Posts
Default

Yep, they both are on the mark...

The broadcasts of the so-called GBTV, LLC, (Glenn Beck Television) are devoid of input from qualified scholars and scientists who might legitimately address the serious realities facing the United States, it instead provides content that is often mired with heavy doses of racial paranoia, foul stereotypes, and blatant appeals to the worst fears of the American people.

And though Blacks are just 12.5 percent of the American population, they proliferate in the GBTV domain, most often posed as enemies of American society. Our Black President is targeted most often, but at a level such that a recent email to Beck’s followers arrived with the heading “This really happened: Obama ate a dog.”
__________________
"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked" - Jimi Hendrix
saptech is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saptech For This Useful Post:
Gmash (December 14th, 2012)
Old December 14th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #190 (permalink)
Endeavor to Persevere :)
 
dustwun77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,786
 
Device(s): Note 3, Evo 4G LTE, Evo 4G retired.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,825
Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,784 Posts
dustwun77@gmail.com
Default

I've eaten monkey, did Obama really eat a dog?

edit: Damn, I hate to even post this, but since you mentioned it i decided to google crime rate by race. Kinda hard to find stuff on the first page google gave me, then I came across this Neanderthal's site, http://niviusvir.wordpress.com/crime-statistics-from-the-department-of-justice/

I kind of hate to post it, the comments are sort of vicious, but you know what? I wonder if these are the sort of statistics Beck is drawing those conclusions from?
dustwun77 is offline  
Last edited by dustwun77; December 14th, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #191 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,711
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,257
Thanked 1,537 Times in 1,174 Posts
Default

Limbaugh spewed his bile about how all drug users should be locked up, while at the same time he was doctor shopping for his hillbilly heroin. Then when caught, it was suddenly nobody's business. How convenient. It's the hypocrisy I can't stand, not the addiction.

Rush is a liar.
No, I don't need to prove it.
It is obvious to any serious person who has given him a listen. The people who worship him only believe his lies because that's what they want to believe.

There is no liberal media. Period. Get a new crutch please.

Let me guess the next response. "you don't know wtf you are talking about". Yeah, that ones pretty tired as well.
saptech and arkady like this.
Gmash is offline  
Last edited by Gmash; December 14th, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gmash For This Useful Post:
arkady (June 25th, 2014)
Old December 14th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #192 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
copestag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,352
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts
Default

I would bet that ones pretty tired........ Im sure you get told that A LOT
copestag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #193 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: neither Here nor There
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,711
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Mercury (stock/rooted), Huawei Ascend (CM7 2.3.5 @710mhz)
Carrier: Cricket

Thanks: 2,257
Thanked 1,537 Times in 1,174 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copestag View Post
I would bet that ones pretty tired........ Im sure you get told that A LOT
Gmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #194 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kool kat2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Carson, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,018
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 217
Thanked 140 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Limbaugh spewed his bile about how all drug users should be locked up, while at the same time he was doctor shopping for his hillbilly heroin. Then when caught, it was suddenly nobody's business. How convenient. It's the hypocrisy I can't stand, not the addiction.

Rush is a liar.
No, I don't need to prove it.
It is obvious to any serious person who has given him a listen. The people who worship him only believe his lies because that's what they want to believe.

There is no liberal media. Period. Get a new crutch please.

Let me guess the next response. "you don't know wtf you are talking about". Yeah, that ones pretty tired as well.
You don't know wtf you're talking about. Thanks to Rush, I was able to differentiate between Bane and Bain. I don't know what I would have done otherwise.
(yeah, i popped my head in the conversation to make a smart ass comment and nothing else. Sue me )
kool kat2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #195 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum
 
lunatic59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 25,132
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 8,453
Thanked 13,436 Times in 7,352 Posts
Default

Just a quick reminder to keep the discussion in the library and out of the schoolyard. We should support arguments with evidence (not necessarily "facts" in these types of debates) and not assume (or accuse) what someone does or does not know, has or has not done.

For example:

I say "the sky is green."

You may say "I don't believe you are correct."
You may say "It's blue because of the visible spectrum split by the ozone layer" (or whatever the real scientific reason may be).

You may not say "You've obviously never looked up."

Next week, we'll learn how to build a birdhouse from a milk carton.
__________________
_
If the information is useful, Like the post, if the person was helpful, Thank the member.
RULES: Lest we forget | This part of signature intentionally left blank.
_________________________________________________

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
lunatic59 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
scary alien (June 29th, 2014)
Old December 15th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #196 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
PrinceCorwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 658
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Greedy, Lying Verizon

Thanks: 514
Thanked 105 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic59 View Post
Just a quick reminder to keep the discussion in the library and out of the schoolyard. We should support arguments with evidence (not necessarily "facts" in these types of debates) and not assume (or accuse) what someone does or does not know, has or has not done.

For example:

I say "the sky is green."

You may say "I don't believe you are correct."
You may say "It's blue because of the visible spectrum split by the ozone layer" (or whatever the real scientific reason may be).

You may not say "You've obviously never looked up."

Next week, we'll learn how to build a birdhouse from a milk carton.
Well said, MOD! Give 'em Hell!

First of all, even being conservative, I completely understand that Rush is a capitalist that is simply in the business of selling a very lucrative product... his opinion. I know that so I take everything he says with a grain of salt. But at the same time, you can't possible deny the existance of the liberal media empire that never persists at ramming their philosophies and propaganda down our throats 24/7. Simply research the political views of practically every single journalist, talkshow host and sitcom actor on every network besides FoxNews. Don't deny it simply because you agree with them. In that case YOU are believing what you want to believe instead of reality. Peace out!
PrinceCorwin is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #197 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
PrinceCorwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 658
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Greedy, Lying Verizon

Thanks: 514
Thanked 105 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Wow! I gues my previous post summed it all up so well that it shut down any interest in this thread. I rock!

Ok, back to reality... How about this to get things started again...

Would you vote for either of them for president (if either of them actually cared enough about the country instead of their own wallets)?
PrinceCorwin is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #198 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
saptech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Third Stone from the Sun
Posts: 3,677
 
Device(s): Motorola Moto G, Samsung Stratosphere, Galaxy Tab 2 SE.
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 610
Thanked 798 Times in 637 Posts
Default

I think the problem with most people is they do not read between the lines from the media, they take it at face value.

Those who listen to either's dribble talk are a minority. The majority of citizens wouldn't vote for them. The fans didn't want Rush to buy the football Rams team awhile back.
PrinceCorwin likes this.
saptech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #199 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh NC
Gender: Female
Posts: 67
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Not to mention that nazi (rule by one) is the exact opposite of communist (equality for all).
arkady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 07:46 PM   #200 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
PrinceCorwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 658
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Greedy, Lying Verizon

Thanks: 514
Thanked 105 Times in 83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkady View Post
Not to mention that nazi (rule by one) is the exact opposite of communist (equality for all).
Ok... And...
PrinceCorwin is online now  
Last edited by Unforgiven; June 29th, 2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: quoted removed content
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.