Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Politics and Current Affairs All things political.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 9th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #51 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
Thread Author (OP)
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,827
 
Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default Re: I thought obama was supposed to be transparent?

Quote:
Quote:
Oilbama could not have apologized more to Muslims last year.
It would seem he spent his time apologizing to the whole world, not just Muslims. Or at least that's what opponents say. Besides, an apology is not an act of evil. If there was a wrong act that America has done, an apology would be prudent.

Quote:
Oilbama supports terrorists, and I submit that his supporters do as well. How? 15 minutes after the Underwear bomber was taken into custody he was Mir
Republican leaders had no problems with the terrorist being Mirandized when they were informed about it. I guess they must be supporting terrorists as well?

Brennan: GOP-ers Knew Xmas Bomber Was Mirandized, Raised No Objections (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

As for the Fort Hood, I would agree it was a terrorist attack. It is in the same line as the OK City bombing and the crazy nut case that flew a plane into the IRS building in Texas.

Man Crashes Plane Into Texas I.R.S. Office - NYTimes.com

Quote:
Oilbama carried out the courts-martial of three Navy SEALs that captured a most-wanted terrorist - because the terrorist got a bloody lip while resisting.
I don't support a court martial of our troops over the singular word of a terrorist. But I wouldn't go for using this as evidence that Obama supports Muslim terrorists. In this specific case the military way over reacted. This was just one man's word that he was abused without evidence so the whole trial is a waste. Thankfully they were acquitted.

FOXNews.com - Navy SEAL Found Not Guilty of Assaulting a Suspected Terrorist

In any event, I do not believe the POTUS is involved in a court martial. I mean as far as I know, I don't believe a President orders a court martial. You were in the military, you would know more about that than me. The "blame" that everything is the POTUS' fault while it is on his watch can only go so far. If Obama single handedly pushed for the court martial then he has mind control powers over nearly everyone because there are a lot of people involved in the whole process.

Quote:
Liberal talking heads and the WH were giddy with excitement when they said the Times Square bomber was believed to be a middle-aged white guy. They we
People who were using this as a political game were dumb. This was about potential loss of lives and a threat to our nation. Racial profiling is not right, no matter the color of a person. I wish I could control people and have them stop being idiotic and playing politics with this, but unfortunately I can't. Hopefully people in this forum are wise enough to learn and know better.

Quote:
Your personal opinion of what Sarah Palin *might* do is irrelevant. Point is that you excuse Oilbama and slam Palin. Your agenda of hypocrisy is showing - again.
My personal opinion is based on what I have heard from Palin. Given, she is not the President so obviously there is no body of work, but her words have been enough for me to not vote for her.

Anyways, it is great that you are getting out all your anger against "Liberals" against me.

Quote:
Public roads and public services like police and fire department are just that - public services paid for by taxpayers for the good of the community.
Nope. Just saying there are socialistic aspects in our lives.

Quote:
Making me and other taxpayers pay for *really* free health care for those that do not pay taxes is socialist.
And like I said, people who don't pay taxes use public streets and the fire department and police services as well. Again, I am just saying the health care bill is as socialist as those other services.

Quote:
And apply for Medicaid. That's what it is for.
Obviously I am not sure...you could be for it, but I'd imagine you would be against Medicaid.

Quote:
Health care reform is needed, but the OilbamaCare bill is more fail than we can afford.
Probably true. And so I asked in another forum...what are solutions? Republicans claim they have solutions. Where were those solutions for the 10 years they held control of Congress and 6 years they held control of the White House AND Congress?

Quote:
You nor anyone has a right to health care.
Lastly, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree here. I believe health care is more of a right than the "right to own guns" for example. Being sick, suffering and dying is terrible. The pain and hurt for family members is heartbreaking to see. Personally, besides the rights given to us in the Constitution already, I believe everyone should have a right to exceptionally great and free education and a right to health care.

1. National defense
2. Education
3. Health care

Gonna have to reorder those priorities...

For me

1. Freedom of speech, religion, etc.
2. Right to bear arms - to defend our own rights and protect ourselves.
3. Education


Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

__________________
Useful links: The Rules | The Team | FAQ | Unanswered Threads |
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 9th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #52 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
It would seem he spent his time apologizing to the whole world, not just Muslims. Or at least that's what opponents say. Besides, an apology is not an act of evil. If there was a wrong act that America has done, an apology would be prudent.
Oilbama's apologies were Mr. Drama llama himself. This causes debate, but we really haven't done *anything* to the Muslims we need to apologize for. One thing I remember vividly in his apologies was his statement that women (Muslim) had a right to wear head scarves and coverings. What about the woman's right to not wear them if they so choose? Oilbama sees things from the Muslim POV and he supports it. I don't know if he is a Muslim or not, but if he isn't he sure does act in the interests of Muslims, even at the expense of America, so he might as well be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
Republican leaders had no problems with the terrorist being Mirandized when they were informed about it. I guess they must be supporting terrorists as well?
Bad example. After the fact there was nothing the Republicans could do, and they did complain later. Despite what Brennan said at that time, the terrorist was not cooperating in a real way. Not until weeks (IIRC) later when his parents arrived and told him to cooperate.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
I don't support a court martial of our troops over the singular word of a terrorist. But I wouldn't go for using this as evidence that Obama supports Muslim terrorists. In this specific case the military way over reacted. This was just one man's word that he was abused without evidence so the whole trial is a waste. Thankfully they were acquitted.
Yes, they were acquitted, but it never should have happened in the first place. I've been in similar situations these men operated in for their mission, and I can empathize with what they were feeling. The emotional aspect, even for a SEAL, had to be absolute hell. To be subjected to a court martial for serving your country and carrying out a difficult and extremely dangerous mission successfully was the ultimate slap in the face. Court martialed for political correctness, and that was the only reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
In any event, I do not believe the POTUS is involved in a court martial. I mean as far as I know, I don't believe a President orders a court martial. You were in the military, you would know more about that than me. The "blame" that everything is the POTUS' fault while it is on his watch can only go so far. If Obama single handedly pushed for the court martial then he has mind control powers over nearly everyone because there are a lot of people involved in the whole process.
Oilbama could have stopped this at any time and kept it quiet. All he would have had to do was tell the Joint Chiefs it was unfair to these men and it was a bad idea. Without even coming right out and explicitly saying "Just drop the charges now!" the JC's would have understood and that would have traveled down through the ranks. Or Oilbama could have made a phone call to one or two people, same understanding and that would have been the end of it. He's the president - he can pretty much do what he wants. That would have helped Oilbama to build some credibility with the Navy and perhaps the other services as well. He either bungled it or he felt the SEALs had offended that poor terrorist, and they should pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
People who were using this as a political game were dumb. This was about potential loss of lives and a threat to our nation. Racial profiling is not right, no matter the color of a person. I wish I could control people and have them stop being idiotic and playing politics with this, but unfortunately I can't. Hopefully people in this forum are wise enough to learn and know better.
Here's the thing though, criminal profiling is not the same as racial profiling. However, when the police announce they are looking for anyone other than a white man (or woman), the charge is often made that the police are racially profiling. When you are looking for horses you ignore the zebras. Muslims have been having a terrorism party since 2001 - before actually, but 2001 is an easier point of reference. Muslims have been wreaking havoc and death in the U.S., Great Britain, Spain, Indonesia, and Australia since then. If it were White Anglo Saxon Protestants I am sure the media would never mention racial profiling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
My personal opinion is based on what I have heard from Palin. Given, she is not the President so obviously there is no body of work, but her words have been enough for me to not vote for her.
Can you list all of the bills Palin signed into law in Alaska that make you so scared? Just the top 10 is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
Anyways, it is great that you are getting out all your anger against "Liberals" against me.
Lol, if that's what you think, fine.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
Nope. Just saying there are socialistic aspects in our lives.
Those aspects aren't socialism.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
And like I said, people who don't pay taxes use public streets and the fire department and police services as well. Again, I am just saying the health care bill is as socialist as those other services.
Non-taxpayers using streets, police, fire department are not taking advantage of the community in the way you are trying to make it appear, and it is not socialism. No one calls the police or fire department just for a check-up on how they are doing or for every little thing, unlike they will with *free* health care. Making something appear to be *free* will cause the service or product to be overused and the costs will go up. Thank god for those death panels!



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
Obviously I am not sure...you could be for it, but I'd imagine you would be against Medicaid.
I'm for it as a method of providing basic health care to those that qualify, but it needs improvements.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
Probably true. And so I asked in another forum...what are solutions? Republicans claim they have solutions. Where were those solutions for the 10 years they held control of Congress and 6 years they held control of the White House AND Congress?
Republicans claimed they had solutions before OilbamaCare was crammed down the throats of America, but Oilbama, Reid, and Pelosi still wouldn't listen. Maybe so they could continue to claim that Republicans had not helped.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
Lastly, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree here. I believe health care is more of a right than the "right to own guns" for example. Being sick, suffering and dying is terrible. The pain and hurt for family members is heartbreaking to see. Personally, besides the rights given to us in the Constitution already, I believe everyone should have a right to exceptionally great and free education and a right to health care.
Yes, the liberal craving to feed their feelings above everything else is what should determine laws in this country. Or so liberals would have us believe. And my right to own and bear my firearms is in the Constitution. And yes, I have a CCW to carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
1. National defense - Are you saying this is socialist? It's not. And it's in the Constitution.
2. Education - We have public schools.
3. Health care - Socialist, and it's nowhere in the Constitution. Therefore, no one has a right to health care.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Gonna have to reorder those priorities...

For me

1. Freedom of speech, religion, etc.
2. Right to bear arms - to defend our own rights and protect ourselves.
3. Education
I wrote, besides the ones already given to us by the Constitution. Your 1 and 2 are already promised. I agree with #3. To be more clear, when I said "besides" I meant it as "in addition to".

From me.
Quote:
Personally, besides the rights given to us in the Constitution already, I believe everyone should have a right to exceptionally great and free education and a right to health care.
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #54 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
Thread Author (OP)
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,827
 
Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default Re: I thought obama was supposed to be transparent?

Quote:
Quote:
Gonna have to reorder those priorities...

For me

1. Freedom of speech, religion, etc.
2. Right to bear arms - to defend our own rights and protect o
I wrote, besides the ones already given to us by the Constitution. Your 1 and 2 are already promised. I agree with #3. To be more clear, when I said "besides" I meant it as "in addition to".

From me.
Quote:
Personally, besides the rights given to us in the Constitution already, I believe everyone should have a right to exceptionally great and free educati
Oh I completely overlooked that. Apologies. Then I would agree with your list completely

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
One thing I remember vividly in his apologies was his statement that women (Muslim) had a right to wear head scarves and coverings. What about the woman's right to not wear them if they so choose? Oilbama sees things from the Muslim POV and he supports it.
Well...like I said before, until he tries to pass laws imposing religious principles on America...I mean Christians already try to pass laws based on the Bible. I am against that, and I'd be very much against it if Obama did it as well. For any religion.

Quote:
Bad example. After the fact there was nothing the Republicans could do, and they did complain later. Despite what Brennan said at that time, the terrorist was not cooperating in a real way.
My point is, it was a political play. Not evidence of Obama being a Muslim or supporting terrorists.

Quote:
Yes, they were acquitted, but it never should have happened in the first place.
Quote:
Court martialed for political correctness, and that was the only reason.
Agreed.

Quote:
He either bungled it or he felt the SEALs had offended that poor terrorist, and they should pay.
My opinion is he bungled it. And unfortunately, he seems to be bungling a lot of things...as I posted somewhere else (I think): I am stuck with Republicans who I think are just plain bad and Democrats who are just plain incompetent. Obama should have stopped it, but from his record so far, it seems like he was just waiting on public opinion and then reacting to events. i.e badly managed the health care debate until things got ugly, then just forced it through. Or the oil spill...staying distant and then after public anger got really high then suddenly now he has all the big mean talking of "knowing who's ass to kick". (Quoting Obama, not actually swearing at anyone here.)

Quote:
Those aspects aren't socialism.
Quote:
Non-taxpayers using streets, police, fire department are not taking advantage of the community in the way you are trying to make it appear, and it is not socialism. No one calls the police or fire department just for a check-up on how they are doing or for every little thing, unlike they will with *free* health care. Making something appear to be *free* will cause the service or product to be overused and the costs will go up. Thank god for those death panels!
1. (Others can jump in on this) Socialism is basically what is community/government/taxpayers owned. Well, initially I did argue that those public services are not socialism...but someone else here made a decent argument that they are...
2. Simply calling in and requesting service is not necessarily taking advantage of the system. I never said it was. I was just saying that those systems help everyone, not just those that pay into it. Similar to the health care bill.
3. Actually quite a few people do abuse the fire department medical response. I worked as an EMT and I met a bunch of "frequent flyers" who used us as their personal limo service.
4. Just for fun: City Of Tulsa Considering Fire Service Fee - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Quote:
I'm for it as a method of providing basic health care to those that qualify, but it needs improvements.
Awesome. Something else we agree with!

Quote:
Republicans claimed they had solutions before OilbamaCare was crammed down the throats of America, but Oilbama, Reid, and Pelosi still wouldn't listen.
That's what I said. My question was why didn't Republicans do anything about it?? They waited until they lost power before stood up trumpeting they had solutions. Sounds more like crappy political games to me. Where was the "caring for Americans" when they were in charge?

Quote:
Yes, the liberal craving to feed their feelings above everything else is what should determine laws in this country.
Not about feelings. This is about lives. Laws need to consider human decency as well. We are humans after all.

Quote:
And my right to own and bear my firearms is in the Constitution.
Yes, I am aware. See my response to Iowa.

1. National defense: Didn't say the concept is socialistic. It is funded in a community/government/taxpayers way though. You gotta admit, we could have a military consisting of private troops that is ran for profit.
2. Yeap, we do have public schools...and anything below college level sucks. And we do our very best to take money from public schools first. Personally, I'd rather we gut welfare, medicare, medicaid and leave public schools alone. A great education system can stop the need for welfare and such.
3. The argument that it is not in the Constitution and therefore not a right is a poor argument. Blacks were consider 2/3 of a person in the Constitution. Women weren't allowed to vote. Blacks weren't allowed to vote. There's nothing written in the Constitution about interracial marriages, but it should be considered a right for people to marry a person of any race they want.

Just because something wasn't in the Constitution originally doesn't mean it isn't a right and I believe it should be in the Constitution.
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

As for Palin...I am hesitant to dive into this because our posts are getting so long already. And it opens up for another whole debate where I am sure we will disagree and target specifics points. But to quickly play along, I'll list a few. Truthfully, there aren't much to list because she hasn't be in charge of something for long. She quit the last thing she did...being governor.

As mayor of Wassila:
1. Women had to pay for rape kits, whether as billed through the insurance and then people had to pay a deductible or out of pocket. Naturally, she denied it.
Palin's town used to bill victims for rape kits - USATODAY.com

As Governor:
1. Bridge to nowhere.
2. Earmarks
3. The "scandal" with regards to the dismissal of the Public Safety Commissioner
4. And then in general, the amount of spending the State of Alaska had while she was at the helm...but then again that seems to be the trend with everyone in charge...spend spend spend.
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #57 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ballisticn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 760
 
Device(s): VZW Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 190
Thanked 157 Times in 97 Posts
Default

dr scrubs used the words frequent flyers (think its spelled fliers though ) when describing those that use and abuse EMS, firefighters, and hospital treatments which honestly shows his insider experience of those that use and abuse the systems. I know, I run data, cost, and financial analysis reports for a company named Banner Health, currently I do reporting for 24 hospitals and that term is known widely throughout EMS and the health care industry... god i love that term, but you can never use it around those that do it, you know, political correctness and all, if it coos and craps all over everything you still aren't allowed to call it a pigeon (figured that was a better reference for those that abuse the system than a duck, flying vermin seemed a better adjective).
__________________
*Insert witty line here*
ballisticn8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:47 PM   #58 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ballisticn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 760
 
Device(s): VZW Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 190
Thanked 157 Times in 97 Posts
Default

and for the record, the medicaid program is a complete wreck. it should be gutted, limited in time for those that it is given to, and the requirements should be a lot stricter for those that can qualify... right now it enables people that contribute absolutely nothing to pop out another kid, collect more money, and rape the system more from those that do contribute.

gut medicaid completely except for those that are truly down and out and need it temporarily until they are able to get back on their feet.

as for gutting medicare i disagree. the system was founded and promised to those that chipped into it. i dont agree with a lot of the ways medicare pays out and sure there is quite a bit of waste, its a government controlled medical care program, waste is expected. it needs to be overhauled but not gutted.

as for obama and his response to the oil spill being quite lacking, i posted something up in the thread titled something around the line of "there is nothing funny..."

while he was sitting back doing nothing about the oil spill or even seeing the areas affected by it he was doing interviews for TNT about the NBA playoffs. people wanted to cut bush's head off for his flying over Katrina days after it hit but this man during this disaster is being quoted saying that he likes to watch the west coast games. I think my punch line was along the lines of he hasnt done anything about the gulf oil spill yet because he had more important things to do, like watching the suns vs lakers series...
ballisticn8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:02 AM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
dr scrubs used the words frequent flyers (think its spelled fliers though)
Cheers! Thanks for the notice. And I don't mean to argue a complete senseless argument...but yet I am still doing it anyways...(argh), but both words work.

Flier - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Quote:
which honestly shows his insider experience of those that use and abuse the systems.
Would you expect any less of me? I mean I do have some viewpoints that are liberal and I do still (cautiously) support Obama, but I can be honest.

Quote:
political correctness and all, if it coos and craps all over everything you still aren't allowed to call it a pigeon
Great analogy. I remembered an occasion when I saw a bunch of homeless people sitting around a park bench playing cards and such...and those were the same people calling 911 and using the system. Lol. I remember thinking for a split second...man why am I working my ass off, getting up at 5 in the morning and working 12 hour shifts when I could be doing that!? Then I remembered I actually want to be a benefit to society.

Quote:
and for the record, the medicaid program is a complete wreck.
Yeap. And also for the record, I think pretty much all the social services programs should be temporary. And should come with serious stipulations before one can benefit from it. (For whoever threw out a story about a crippled veteran, that situation does not apply here. The VA system doesn't fall in the same category as these other social service systems.) If you are gonna take from the public, the public has a right to demand something from you. In my (radical) opinion anyone getting welfare, medicaid, food stamps, housing etc should be prevented from having kids.

As for medicare, while it is still necessary for those already on it, I don't think it is a necessity for those who don't need it yet. I mean, whatever happened to kids taking care of their parents? Why are we sticking our old folks into those horrible homes? I picked up patients from those convalescent homes. Horrible conditions that I would only wish on my worst enemies. Personally, I think a real overhaul of health care will do much more than an overhaul of just medicare. In the end, the government, i.e taxpayers, is still just paying into a crappy system.

And to add a suggestion as to how to overhaul the health care system, here's another radical idea. Health care should be completely non-profit. Just like public education. People choose to have a car, cell phones, what clothes to wear, what kinda haircut etc. People can't choose when they get sick! It's part of being alive on this planet. Birth, old age, sickness and death. That's the cycle of life (old age and sickness may swap spots for which comes first obviously). How is it a humanly thing to exploit a person being sick for profit??

Think about it, why find the cure for diabetes if you can just "control" it? That way you can continue to charge the person to "control" their disease. Same goes with cancer, HIV/AIDs and pretty every other disease there are. Or why bother even trying to find the cure of HIV/AIDs when mostly poor people are the ones to be sicken with it?? There's a whole lot more money in making erection pills so old rich men can screw 18 yo girls. (Sorry, major rant.)

But, alas...I know I know, I am being too idealistic. People aren't gonna work hard to find treatment or cures if they aren't paid handsomely for it. Sadly though, I think the "for profit" mentality is exactly what is breaking the health care system.

Quote:
as for obama and his response to the oil spill being quite lacking, i posted something up in the thread titled something around the line of "there is nothing funny..."
Yeap, I remember your comment.
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:55 AM   #60 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
As for Palin...I am hesitant to dive into this because our posts are getting so long already. And it opens up for another whole debate where I am sure we will disagree and target specifics points. But to quickly play along, I'll list a few. Truthfully, there aren't much to list because she hasn't be in charge of something for long. She quit the last thing she did...being governor.

As mayor of Wassila:
1. Women had to pay for rape kits, whether as billed through the insurance and then people had to pay a deductible or out of pocket. Naturally, she denied it.
Palin's town used to bill victims for rape kits - USATODAY.com

As Governor:
1. Bridge to nowhere.
2. Earmarks
3. The "scandal" with regards to the dismissal of the Public Safety Commissioner
4. And then in general, the amount of spending the State of Alaska had while she was at the helm...but then again that seems to be the trend with everyone in charge...spend spend spend.

Palin is my personal choice for GOP presidential nominee in 2012. She's completely qualified to lead that party, in that:

1. She's totally uninformed on the issues, and wants to remain that way.
2. She's arrogant about her ignorance.
3. Almost every time she opens her mouth, she lies.
4. She's immoral.
5. She's inadvertently funny.
6. She's a first-class rabble-rouser.
7. Her list of accomplishments for the people while in office is very, very slim.
8. She has the "sound bite" down pat.
9. She prefers simple-minded answers to very difficult questions and challenges.
hakr100 is offline  
Last edited by hakr100; June 10th, 2010 at 06:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #61 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 487
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero with 318 Hemi and Edelbrock headers.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
Well...like I said before, until he tries to pass laws imposing religious principles on America...I mean Christians already try to pass laws based on the Bible. I am against that, and I'd be very much against it if Obama did it as well. For any religion.
Familiar with Sharia? Muslims want their law in parts of America where they have strong numbers. They don't need Oilbama to actually make laws that favor them, he is smarter than that. Oilbama supports them and Muslims are emboldened.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
My point is, it was a political play. Not evidence of Obama being a Muslim or supporting terrorists
No, it was Oilbama at his core, protecting and supporting a Muslim terrorist.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
1. (Others can jump in on this) Socialism is basically what is community/government/taxpayers owned. Well, initially I did argue that those public services are not socialism...but someone else here made a decent argument that they are... - Not real socialism. We may be talking past how we each define "socialism."
2. Simply calling in and requesting service is not necessarily taking advantage of the system. I never said it was. I was just saying that those systems help everyone, not just those that pay into it. Similar to the health care bill. - I disagree. (surprise!) I've already said why.
3. Actually quite a few people do abuse the fire department medical response. I worked as an EMT and I met a bunch of "frequent flyers" who used us as their personal limo service. - Yep, and people get charged when police respond over a certain number of times for false calls for their home alarm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
Not about feelings. This is about lives. Laws need to consider human decency as well. We are humans after all
Unsure what you mean here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
Yes, I am aware. See my response to Iowa.

1. National defense: Didn't say the concept is socialistic. It is funded in a community/government/taxpayers way though. You gotta admit, we could have a military consisting of private troops that is ran for profit. - Maybe, but it wouldn't work. Split loyalties and soldiers striking for higher pay/benefits.
2. Yeap, we do have public schools...and anything below college level sucks. And we do our very best to take money from public schools first. Personally, I'd rather we gut welfare, medicare, medicaid and leave public schools alone. A great education system can stop the need for welfare and such. - School vouchers are needed. Also, throwing money at the problem of education has never worked. Look at Detroit.
3. The argument that it is not in the Constitution and therefore not a right is a poor argument. Blacks were consider 2/3 of a person in the Constitution. Women weren't allowed to vote. - The good old days! (i keed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
Just because something wasn't in the Constitution originally doesn't mean it isn't a right and I believe it should be in the Constitution.
Are you familiar with the amendment process? That's why it is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScrubs View Post
As for Palin...I am hesitant to dive into this because our posts are getting so long already. And it opens up for another whole debate where I am sure we will disagree and target specifics points. But to quickly play along, I'll list a few. Truthfully, there aren't much to list because she hasn't be in charge of something for long. She quit the last thing she did...being governor.

As mayor of Wassila:
1. Women had to pay for rape kits, whether as billed through the insurance and then people had to pay a deductible or out of pocket. Naturally, she denied it. - A budgetary measure. Not a good decision, but nothing to do with her religion. Crime victims all over have to pay for their losses and personal recovery.

As Governor:
1. Bridge to nowhere. - Yep.
2. Earmarks - So? That's all politicians.
3. The "scandal" with regards to the dismissal of the Public Safety Commissioner - She was cleared from that witch hunt.
4. And then in general, the amount of spending the State of Alaska had while she was at the helm...but then again that seems to be the trend with everyone in charge...spend spend spend.
None of these reflect her religion, which is what I asked for. You said you thought she would push laws based on her religious beliefs. Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Palin is my personal choice for GOP presidential nominee in 2012. She's completely qualified to lead that party, in that:

1. She's totally uninformed on the issues, and wants to remain that way.
2. She's arrogant about her ignorance.
3. Almost every time she opens her mouth, she lies.
4. She's immoral.
5. She's inadvertently funny.
6. She's a first-class rabble-rouser.
7. Her list of accomplishments for the people while in office is very, very slim.
8. She has the "sound bite" down pat.
9. She prefers simple-minded answers to very difficult questions and challenges.
You really do need to change your screen name to "broadstroke." Or "broadstroke brush" to be more exact. Or maybe something that contains "partisan hack." Just suggestions.
Fenga Papit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #62 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
You really do need to change your screen name to "broadstroke." Or "broadstroke brush" to be more exact. Or maybe something that contains "partisan hack." Just suggestions.
Why? Because I'm hopeful the GOP nominates Palin as its presidential candidate in 2012? Don't you share my belief that she would be perfect for the job?
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #63 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenga Papit View Post
Familiar with Sharia? Muslims want their law in parts of America where they have strong numbers.

Familiar with ultra-conservative christians who want to prevent women from obtaining abortions, and who want to blow up abortion clinics and kill abortion providers? They want their law in parts of America where they have strong numbers.

I'm not a big fan of moral equivalencies, but, in this case, I will make an exception. At the extremes, there isn't a whole lot of difference between most religions in terms of attempts to push religious beliefs on those whose beliefs differ.

Here's a bit of recent christian sharia:


NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, FloridaFired for fornication: Teacher conceived child before marriage

Fired for fornication: Teacher conceived child before marriage

Posted: Jun 09, 2010 8:02 PM Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:02 PM EST Updated: Jun 09, 2010 8:02 PM

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:02 PM EST

A former teacher claims she was fired after admitting that she conceived a child several weeks before marrying the baby's father.


Jaretta Hamilton was fired by St. Cloud, Florida's Southland Christian Christian School after asking for maternity leave.


She says when she made the request her boss asked if the child had been conceived before she was married. Principal Jon Ennis says Hamilton committed an immoral act and that he does not regret the decision.


Hamilton is now suing the school.
Her attorney points out that there were nothing in the school's personal conduct policy barring sex out of wedlock.


The woman is lucky Principal Jon Ennis didn't force her into the school's courtyard so she could be stoned to death.

Oh...and speaking of christian sharia, there's this from the family research council:


The Pinking of America

9 June, 2010 (17:08) | Human Sexuality | By: Cynthia Hill | ShareThis
Americans should take a cold, hard look at the consequences of significant wins by openly lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender (LGBT) candidates in last night’s races. This is the fruition of that community’s methodical efforts to further homosexualize America. Their efforts, combined with this administration’s appointments of key federal positions of at least 101 LGBT aficionados, have largely been under the radar, but could predict critical damage to our rule of law. Think of it – we are electing people who ultimately see the Christian world view as the single, final barrier to their ultimate goal of acceptance and implementation of the homosexual agenda. If and when they dominate the legislatures, those who espouse Biblical principles then become the enemy and will surely be on the wrong end of law-making. We, in fact, saw this played out last night in the Rhode Island legislature where two concurrent measures, H 7044 and S 2055, passed which can criminalize dissent and infringe upon free speech and religious liberty. We need to rethink the skills needed to run a country, and to even consider that someone’s sexual predilections somehow qualifies them for the job is a joke that should have none of us laughing.


Homosexualize America?

How? Are gays going to be knocking on our front doors and same-sex-raping whoever opens the door?
hakr100 is offline  
Last edited by hakr100; June 10th, 2010 at 10:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #64 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
Thread Author (OP)
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,827
 
Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default Re: I thought obama was supposed to be transparent?

Ok, so here's a question to all the pro-choice people. Since a mother can kill a life inside of her, and it has been deemed it is a life form by science. And mothers can do whatever they want that is inside their bodies right? That seems to be your argument, right?

Then why don't you guys push for the legalization of assisted suicide? I mean, its the same concept, no? Its their bodies, why can't they end a life, just like with an abortion?

Oh and you really don't want my views on homosexuality. I will piss people off with them, as they are quite radical.(but truthful, and logical no less)

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #65 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
Then why don't you guys push for the legalization of assisted suicide? I mean, its the same concept, no? Its their bodies, why can't they end a life, just like with an abortion?

Oh and you really don't want my views on homosexuality. I will piss people off with them, as they are quite radical.(but truthful, and logical no less)
I don't have any problems with doctors assisting terminal ill patients who are in terrible pain ending their horror.

Your views on homosexuality probably are less interesting than your beliefs expressed here frequently that you are "truthful and logical."
Perhaps they are, to you, but that doesn't mean they will be to others, eh?
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
and it has been deemed it is a life form by science.
What scientific article please.
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #67 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
Thread Author (OP)
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,827
 
Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default Re: I thought obama was supposed to be transparent?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organism?wasRedirected=true

And my argument (theory) on homosexuality is indeed interseting, but again, extremely radical, and no doubt I would take heat from the homosexuals and liberals on this forum, so its a can of worms id rather leave unopened publicly. However, if you really are interested, id be willing to share it one on one.

This being said, I do not have anything against homosexuality, (unless a move is made towards me), and I even have a few friends who are bi/homosexual. The key thing with dealing with ANYTHING sexual, is knowing when not to cross the line.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:02 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Mmmm...no. That definition does not affirmatively determines an embryo is a human life form and therefore making abortion be "murder". If anti-abortion advocates were to use that, then cancer cells are also "alive" and deserve to live. If your kidney mostly fails but still works somewhat, you can't have an organ transplant just yet.

Being a "life form" of some kind does not mean the same thing as being a human life that should be protected from murder.

As a note, I say all of this as a Christian. I do believe human life starts at conception. However, this is a religious and personal belief of mine. I cannot advocate creating a law to force my belief into actions on others. At that point, it just becomes a religious war.
DrScrubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:32 AM   #69 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
This being said, I do not have anything against homosexuality, (unless a move is made towards me)...

Just keep your feet in your own men's room stall...
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #70 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
Thread Author (OP)
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,827
 
Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default Re: I thought obama was supposed to be transparent?

Quote:
Mmmm...no. That definition does not affirmatively determines an embryo is a human life form and therefore making abortion be "murder". If anti-abortion advocates were to use that, then cancer cells are also "alive" and deserve to live. If your kidney mostly fails but still works somewhat, you can't have an organ transplant just yet.

Being a "life form" of some kind does not mean the same thing as being a human life that should be protected from murder.

As a note, I say all of this as a Christian. I do believe human life starts at conception. However, this is a religious and personal belief of mine. I cannot advocate creating a law to force my belief into actions on others. At that point, it just becomes a religious war.
I feel it all depends on how far along the prenancy is.... once the baby develops a brain... and its functional..., well to me that's being alive, possibly sooner.

But I digress. My anti-abortion thinking is a bit different than the rest, anyway. I feel you should take responsibility for your actions. Period. There are many methods of contraception, and there's even a morning after pill. Obviously there would be certain exceptions, but oh well my way will never be implemented.

And @ hakr

Take it you've never been out to clubs much

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #71 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 1,362
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid 2 R2D2 edition, Motorola Xoom with over 100 RELEVANT, working apps added (NE2 2/17/20
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 116 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
Then why don't you guys push for the legalization of assisted suicide? I mean, its the same concept, no? Its their bodies, why can't they end a life, just like with an abortion?
I'm for it. The person does not even have to be in a deplorable position. Sure, the State can come up with all of the waivers it wants, but there really isn't definite proof that the person wanted it's life terminated but I am still OK with that. You sign that form, you're checking out. Most people wouldn't be happy with that, but if it came across my desk, I'd sign it. (The bill, not the form!)

For abortion (though I prefer preventing the unwanted pregnancy in the first place)

For the death penalty

For knocking off suffering people or assisted suicide if you will


When you are born, you're naked, scared, hungry... and then it gets worse.
3devious is offline  
Last edited by 3devious; June 11th, 2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Had to clear something up...
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #72 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
And @ hakr

Take it you've never been out to clubs much

No, I don't go to clubs much...or at all. Why would I want to do that?
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #73 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
Thread Author (OP)
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,827
 
Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default Re: I thought obama was supposed to be transparent?

Quote:
Quote:
And @ hakr

Take it you've never been out to clubs much

No, I don't go to clubs much...or at all. Why would I want to do that?
Seriously? Duuuuude.... its wicked fun. More to life than just being a geek ya know! (Not finding fault with geeks, I am one after all)

But man, loooosen uuuup! Great way to unwind after a long week.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #74 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 1,362
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid 2 R2D2 edition, Motorola Xoom with over 100 RELEVANT, working apps added (NE2 2/17/20
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 116 Times in 93 Posts
Default

I think Hakr and I are cooling our clubbing out here for a little bit...

That stuff doesn't normally deter me but the huge cover charge + expensive watered down drinks don't have me banging down the door either.
3devious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #75 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
Seriously? Duuuuude.... its wicked fun. More to life than just being a geek ya know! (Not finding fault with geeks, I am one after all)

But man, loooosen uuuup! Great way to unwind after a long week.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

We have a nice boat for the good weather weekends and a small cabin out next to the Shenandoah River for weekends no matter the weather. And though I do not hunt, I am a member of a target shooting club. Putting small holes in targets at 25, 50 and 100 yards is a great way to unwind.

Why we'd want to go to a noisy club, listen to lousy music and imbibe watered-down drinks...is something I cannot answer.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:57 PM   #76 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
Thread Author (OP)
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,827
 
Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default Re: I thought obama was supposed to be transparent?

Quote:
Quote:
Seriously? Duuuuude.... its wicked fun. More to life than just being a geek ya know! (Not finding fault with geeks, I am one after all)

But man, looo

We have a nice boat for the good weather weekends and a small cabin out next to the Shenandoah River for weekends no matter the weather. And though I do not hunt, I am a member of a target shooting club. Putting small holes in targets at 25, 50 and 100 yards is a great way to unwind.

Why we'd want to go to a noisy club, listen to lousy music and imbibe watered-down drinks...is something I cannot answer.
Shootin guns is fun, but it only takes you so far!


Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM   #77 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): Samsung A920 / Epic 4G preordered
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm sorry, but anyone who refers to the president as 'oilbama' or 'a secret muslim socialist' completely loses credibility in my eyes. Can't we have an educated conversation without resorting to ad hominem Rush Limbaugh/Glen Beck style hyperbole?

I supported Obama in the past election and am becoming increasingly dissatisfied with his run in office, but to say some of these things is borderline ridiculous. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me or not liking our president, but I would expect you to be able to maintain a level of discourse greater than that of an elementary school student on a playground.
StrongBad18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #78 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
Thread Author (OP)
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,827
 
Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
I agree: I wonder why some keep bringing it up.
I only brought it up b/c he lied to everyone, and still lies to everyone about being a "Christian"

YouTube - Obama Admits He Is A Muslim

Sorry it took so long for the video.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #79 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
I only brought it up b/c he lied to everyone, and still lies to everyone about being a "Christian"

Right-wing silliness.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #80 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 40
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Honestly if any of you mental patients think one is worse than the other, put down the ganj, soak your head, get a clue...whatever.

Both the last moron and the current idiot were and are utter failures. Absolutely worthless. Same circus, different clowns.

Don't people ever get tired of voting for the "best" of the worst? You really believe either of those bruised turds for one second has any of our best interests at heart? Not a damn chance.
MK_9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #81 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): Samsung A920 / Epic 4G preordered
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
I only brought it up b/c he lied to everyone, and still lies to everyone about being a "Christian"

YouTube - Obama Admits He Is A Muslim

Sorry it took so long for the video.
I like how you conveniently forget to mention the beginning of the video where the legal disclaimer states that the creators of the video are neither stating nor implying that Obama is a Muslim, nor are they stating or implying that Obama has said so himself. How disingenuous of you to post such nonsense. Besides, what does it matter if Obama is a Muslim anyway? Racist much?
StrongBad18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #82 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 40
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongBad18 View Post
I like how you conveniently forget to mention the beginning of the video where the legal disclaimer states that the creators of the video are neither stating nor implying that Obama is a Muslim, nor are they stating or implying that Obama has said so himself. How disingenuous of you to post such nonsense. Besides, what does it matter if Obama is a Muslim anyway? Racist much?
Since when is 'muslim' a race of people?
MK_9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #83 (permalink)
Check six!
 
Slug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Inverness, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,417
 
Device(s): Sony Xperia Z
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 2,651
Thanked 10,872 Times in 5,526 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Slug slugbrem@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK_9 View Post
Since when is 'muslim' a race of people?
Let's not argue semantics.... I think StrongBad's meaning was perfectly clear.
Slug is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #84 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 40
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug View Post
Let's not argue semantics.... I think StrongBad's meaning was perfectly clear.
Seems like IOWA's meaning was clear as well. Yet, he gets hit with the racist accusation? Seems like his point was the lying, not the actual religious devotion (as was even stated). Why no admonitions there?
MK_9 is offline  
Last edited by MK_9; June 11th, 2010 at 08:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #85 (permalink)
Check six!
 
Slug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Inverness, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,417
 
Device(s): Sony Xperia Z
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 2,651
Thanked 10,872 Times in 5,526 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Slug slugbrem@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK_9 View Post
Why no admonitions there?
What's to admonish? Nobody has (yet) said anything I feel requires it, and I'm sure IOWA will correct any misinterpretation of his post; I simply don't want to see the debate side-tracked into an argument over the definition of a word.
Slug is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:09 PM   #86 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 40
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post

1. She's totally uninformed on the issues, and wants to remain that way.
2. She's arrogant about her ignorance.
3. Almost every time she opens her mouth, she lies.
4. She's immoral.
5. She's inadvertently funny.
6. She's a first-class rabble-rouser.
7. His list of accomplishments for the people while in office is very, very slim.
8. She has the "sound bite" down pat.
9. She prefers simple-minded answers to very difficult questions and challenges.
Looks extremely similar to the current POTUS.
MK_9 is offline  
Last edited by MK_9; June 11th, 2010 at 09:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MK_9 For This Useful Post:
Fenga Papit (June 14th, 2010)
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #87 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

For all you youngsters out there, you need to remember that it doesnt matter what anyone says (especially a politician). It only matters what they do. Obama has severely crippled this country with even more debt and deficit spending.
He is a socialist and he will destroy this country unless we stop him and the Congress. We need to cripple his ability to get his socialist agenda passed by stacking the Congress against him, and then vote him out in 2012. Only by doing this can we hope to survive. You are seeing in companies what will happen in government soon. GM cant pay its pension? Well neither can the federal government and many state governments. We have promised to much to too many with no way to pay for it. Bush was bad, but Obama is much worse. I am sad to say that either of them was my president. I am sad to say that Feingold and Kohl are my Senators and Kagen my representative.
I am however very proud to be an American. Just sad to see America decline.
tmorris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #88 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Do I really think that Obama is a Christian? No, I don't think that he is a very religious person at all to be honest. Does it have to pretend to be a Christian to get elected in this country? Yes, and I find that regrettable.

Also, even if he was a Muslim, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I don't see why it would be such a problem. We are supposed to have religious freedom in this country anyway.
__________________
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed frequently, and for the same reason." -Unknown
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #89 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
Thread Author (OP)
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,827
 
Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
Do I really think that Obama is a Christian? No, I don't think that he is a very religious person at all to be honest. Does it have to pretend to be a Christian to get elected in this country? Yes, and I find that regrettable.

Also, even if he was a Muslim, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I don't see why it would be such a problem. We are supposed to have religious freedom in this country anyway.
Thats exactly what I was coming against, and some 30 posts ago someone asked for proof that obama admitted he was a muslim, I was just a little late with it as I don't hit these forums on the pc much anymore.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:46 AM   #90 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 1,362
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid 2 R2D2 edition, Motorola Xoom with over 100 RELEVANT, working apps added (NE2 2/17/20
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 116 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK_9 View Post
Honestly if any of you mental patients think one is worse than the other, put down the ganj, soak your head, get a clue...whatever.

Both the last moron and the current idiot were and are utter failures. Absolutely worthless. Same circus, different clowns.

Don't people ever get tired of voting for the "best" of the worst? You really believe either of those bruised turds for one second has any of our best interests at heart? Not a damn chance.
+1

Acting like this guy is the solution just make you look as stupid as they want you to be.
3devious is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #91 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK_9 View Post
Honestly if any of you mental patients think one is worse than the other, put down the ganj, soak your head, get a clue...whatever.

Both the last moron and the current idiot were and are utter failures. Absolutely worthless. Same circus, different clowns.

Don't people ever get tired of voting for the "best" of the worst? You really believe either of those bruised turds for one second has any of our best interests at heart? Not a damn chance.
Please. Bush was a moron, a wooden-headed puppet manipulated by dick cheney. Obama is far from perfect, but he inherited an incredible mess from Bush, and considering that the Republicans in Congress are doing everything they can to stymie him, I'm amazed he has posted any significant accomplishments, and he has.

I don't see anyone on the GOP side who would do half as well as Obama for this country. About all the Republicans would do is further destroy what remains of the middle class in order to further enrich the wealthy, just like they always do.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #92 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
Thread Author (OP)
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,827
 
Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100 View Post
Please. Bush was a moron, a wooden-headed puppet manipulated by dick cheney. Obama is far from perfect, but he inherited an incredible mess from Bush, and considering that the Republicans in Congress are doing everything they can to stymie him, I'm amazed he has posted any significant accomplishments, and he has.

I don't see anyone on the GOP side who would do half as well as Obama for this country. About all the Republicans would do is further destroy what remains of the middle class in order to further enrich the wealthy, just like they always do.
Yep becuase spending triple the amount of GWB of money we don't have, his massive failure with the BP oil spill response, and bowing down to muslim kings is really great for our nation.

I still say Robin Williams for president. Or maybe Bruce Willis ha!
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #93 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
Yep becuase spending triple the amount of GWB of money we don't have, his massive failure with the BP oil spill response, and bowing down to muslim kings is really great for our nation.

I still say Robin Williams for president. Or maybe Bruce Willis ha!
Just what do you think the White House should be doing in re: the BP disaster, in addition to what it already has done and is doing? The federal government does not possess the technical manpower or the equipment needed to clean up BP's mess. All it can do is work with the oil industry.

Perhaps after this, the government will commission the design and manufacture of better clean up equipment, and train a coterie of workers who will know what to do. I hope so, because the environment is too valuable to trust to corporate interests.

I'm sure Williams or Willis would do better than any of the semi-announced Republicans who want to be president, but none of them would do a decent job.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:09 PM   #94 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakr100
Please. Bush was a moron, a wooden-headed puppet manipulated by dick cheney. Obama is far from perfect, but he inherited an incredible mess from Bush, and considering that the Republicans in Congress are doing everything they can to stymie him, I'm amazed he has posted any significant accomplishments, and he has.

I don't see anyone on the GOP side who would do half as well as Obama for this country. About all the Republicans would do is further destroy what remains of the middle class in order to further enrich the wealthy, just like they always do.


Yep becuase spending triple the amount of GWB of money we don't have, his massive failure with the BP oil spill response, and bowing down to muslim kings is really great for our nation.

I still say Robin Williams for president. Or maybe Bruce Willis ha!
Wow, the more I see from this guy the more I understand how the US has become what it is. Two wrongs NEVER equal a right.
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Wow, the more I see from this guy the more I understand how the US has become what it is. Two wrongs NEVER equal a right.
lol

Also, I'm not sure what the "2 wrongs" are in hakr100's post you are referring to.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #96 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hakr100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,005
 
Device(s): HTC/Verizon Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
lol

Also, I'm not sure what the "2 wrongs" are in hakr100's post you are referring to.
I don't know how anyone could disagree with the indisputable fact that Dubya is a wooden-headed moron who was manipulated by Dick "Call me Darth" Cheney.
hakr100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #97 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
Thread Author (OP)
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,827
 
Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Wow, the more I see from this guy the more I understand how the US has become what it is. Two wrongs NEVER equal a right.
exactly. I saw we need 3rd, 4th, and 5th + polictical parties to fix things.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #98 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
I saw we need 3rd, 4th, and 5th + polictical parties to fix things.
I don't know how anyone could disagree with this. 2 parties will naturally do anything they can to make the other as nonproductive as possible in order to get reelected. It's completely counter productive. In fact is was one of George Washington's warnings before he left office that we should avoid forming parties at all.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #99 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nexusville
Posts: 1,151
 
Device(s): Gnex, N5,N7
Carrier: AIO

Thanks: 202
Thanked 134 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenze View Post
lol

Also, I'm not sure what the "2 wrongs" are in hakr100's post you are referring to.
Don't worry about it, it went right over your head...or read some of what I've said here and you'll see that the whole "bush did it too" rubs me the wrong way.
Crude is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crude For This Useful Post:
IOWA (June 13th, 2010)
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
Zenze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
 
Device(s): HTC Inc
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude View Post
Don't worry about it, it went right over your head...or read some of what I've said here and you'll see that the whole "bush did it too" rubs me the wrong way.
Nvm I see your meaning. I misread it the first time because the quotes in your post were messed up.
Zenze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Politics and Current Affairs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.