January 11th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device(s): Teletype Model 35ASR
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
*** Transfer Files from PC to Android via WiFi ***
Need some files copied from a Win or Linux machine and you don't have a USB cable or a flash card reader. If the PC has WiFi you're in luck.
1) Install Wireless Tether for Root Users from the Android market.
2) Run Wireless Tether and connect the PC to the android device.
3) On the PC download & run HFS (Http File Server), it is only 600kB (works in WINE in Linux)
4) From the HFS drop down menu add files or a folder with files to be downloaded.
5) On the Android device use a browser to navigate to the PC's IP address (displayed in the address bar of HFS).
6) Download the files...
HFS ~ HTTP File Server
*** Using WiFi File Explorer by itself is a simple alternative but it will not upload to the Android device with the free version.
Last edited by sillyname; January 11th, 2012 at 06:35 AM.