Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid RAZR / RAZR MAXX > RAZR / RAZR MAXX - All Things Root

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 298
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default ADB Drivers for Razr

Hi,

I got as far as the start screen for DooMLoRD, where it directs me to:

"(1) make sure u have installed adb drivers for ur device."

Where do I get the ADB drivers for this device (Razr)?

I have rooted a few phones in the past, but this is always a re-learning process.

Also, is there ANYthing else I need to download/do first? Or do I just get/install the adb drivers, then run the program and follow the instructions?

Thanks

iploya is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
rnlcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 232
 
Device(s): Droid Ultra
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 30 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iploya View Post
Hi,

I got as far as the start screen for DooMLoRD, where it directs me to:

"(1) make sure u have installed adb drivers for ur device."

Where do I get the ADB drivers for this device (Razr)?

I have rooted a few phones in the past, but this is always a re-learning process.

Also, is there ANYthing else I need to download/do first? Or do I just get/install the adb drivers, then run the program and follow the instructions?

Thanks

When you plug your phone into your pc it will install some driver files, now change it over to pc mode and it will install some more drivers, then just run the program, boom your rooted.

That's how I did it and it took all of 5 mins.

P.S. I'm using Win 7 so YMMV
rnlcomp is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rnlcomp For This Useful Post:
iploya (December 20th, 2011)
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 298
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

How badass is that!

Thanks for the tip (and of course thanks to the geeks/developers).

That was the fastest root ever, once I got pointed in the right direction. Also using Windows 7. It did lots of da-DAH. DAH-da. da-DAH. DAH-da. Then I switched to PC mode, same thing. I even installed the Moto software, though the phone is still too new and I don't know what all the stuff is yet. Then I ran the DoomDeath program thingy and it was totally automated!

Now, if only I could figure out how to get that darned Vcast Manager popup to quit....
iploya is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iploya For This Useful Post:
Shakkalakka (March 3rd, 2013)
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 298
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iploya View Post
Now, if only I could figure out how to get that darned Vcast Manager popup to quit....
Oh, nice surprise - the MotoCast software has a setting I just happened to discover that does just that. Right click in the system tray on the MotoHelper icon, select do Nothing when connected.
iploya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Podivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 3,545
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy S4, Rooted Asus TF700, Stock HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 529
Thanked 824 Times in 546 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnlcomp View Post
When you plug your phone into your pc it will install some driver files, now change it over to pc mode and it will install some more drivers ... P.S. I'm using Win 7 so YMMV
It appears that the MotoCast program must be installed on the PC for this to work. Or at least it worked that way for me, also on Win 7.
Podivin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I personally hate MotoCast. It took me forever to remove all the components from loading when Windows started, along with its dozens of notification icons next to the clock. I wasn't a big fan of the Moto Media opening all the time either. I prefer the MotoDeveloper drivers, there's less bloat.
annabomber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
rnlcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 232
 
Device(s): Droid Ultra
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 30 Times in 23 Posts
Default

One other thing I forgot to note about ADB drivers, if you get your phone into fastboot flash mode via vol^v + power buttons then plug usb cable in, Windows7 Professional will automaticaly install ADB drivers. I don't know if any other version of 7 or operating system will do that.
rnlcomp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Behind joo
Posts: 204
 
Device(s): Moto RAZR
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 21 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabomber View Post
I personally hate MotoCast. It took me forever to remove all the components from loading when Windows started, along with its dozens of notification icons next to the clock. I wasn't a big fan of the Moto Media opening all the time either. I prefer the MotoDeveloper drivers, there's less bloat.
On the motocast subject... It was a cool concept, but trying to sync my entire media drive = catastrophic failure for the phone. It does NOT like 40k songs.
executor485 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Podivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 3,545
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy S4, Rooted Asus TF700, Stock HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 529
Thanked 824 Times in 546 Posts
Default

40k songs?!?
That's something like 2700 CDs.
Download much?
Podivin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Behind joo
Posts: 204
 
Device(s): Moto RAZR
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 21 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhotovec View Post
40k songs?!?
That's something like 2700 CDs.
Download much?
Been collecting music for over 15 years now, so not unreasonable. And also my DVD collection, but that's a different story all together...
executor485 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 6th, 2012, 04:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by executor485 View Post
Been collecting music for over 15 years now, so not unreasonable. And also my DVD collection, but that's a different story all together...
And you are trying to carry 15 years of music on your phone? Have you tried buying a dedicated DAP for that? Might be a better idea here.
__________________
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i, BB8100, W880, N95-2, P1i, Ignito, W880, X1, MS1, MS2, TP851, XT910, GTab 10.1, SGS3, SGS4, SGNote 10.1, Nexus 7 II
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
IcellPhones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NoVa - A-Town Southside
Posts: 52
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 running Carbon rom
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I have about 10k songs which i have been collecting for about 20 years, which equal about 30 gigs of music at 128 bitrate, using google music to upload and stream whenever lets me have all my music within reach and not take up any memory on my phone, before i had to pick and choose which songs go onto the memory card, and i had an 8 gig card, 8 gigs internaly with my htc incredible, not gonna spend something like $100-200 for a 32 gig card that is pricey.
IcellPhones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcellPhones View Post
I have about 10k songs which i have been collecting for about 20 years, which equal about 30 gigs of music at 128 bitrate, using google music to upload and stream whenever lets me have all my music within reach and not take up any memory on my phone, before i had to pick and choose which songs go onto the memory card, and i had an 8 gig card, 8 gigs internaly with my htc incredible, not gonna spend something like $100-200 for a 32 gig card that is pricey.
$100-200 is more like a 64GB SDXC. I see one on Amazon.co.uk from Sandisk at 90GBP = $140

128kbps is not the greatest quality though.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid RAZR / RAZR MAXX > RAZR / RAZR MAXX - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.