Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Rezound > Rezound - All Things Root

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 31st, 2011, 01:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default [ROM] - 1/28 - CleanROM GBE 1.6 - Base: OTA 2.01.605.11

About CleanROM
Quote:
CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Verizon Stock ROM with minor features and enhancements! This is not a themed ROM. All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 1/28/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on official Verizon OTA 2.01.605.11.

If you liked CleanTOOL you are going to LOVE CleanROM!

You must read notes in post #2 before flashing!




Features
Quote:
Removed VZW Bloat
Performance and Battery Tweaks
Swype
ES File Explorer
WiFi Tether and VZW Hotspot
Battery Icon with Percent
4-in-1 Power Menu
Extended Quick Settings
No Location Icon

Removed
Quote:
Adobe Reader, Block Buster, NFL, Golf, Kindle, Slacker, Polaris Office, App Sharing, FaceBook, Flicker, NFS, MY Verizon, VCast Music, VCast Video, Video Surf, VZ Nav, Back Up Assistance, Scan, Twitter, Footprints, Mobile Instant Messenger, Tasks, Watch, Printer

Changes in Version 1.6 - 1/28/2012
Quote:
Rebuilt: OTA Update 2.01.605.11
Added: All Social Networking and VZW Frameworks for easy integration and one less step to deal with
Updated: All apps
Updated: Mainver to 2.01.605.11
Changed: ROM now will reboot to fastboot to auto install kernel. Remember this method will change mainver.
Removed: Ad blocking host file for now




Thanks to
Quote:
dsixda, lllboredlll, erishasnobattery, NilsP, mikeyxda, lrod0175, fernando sor
Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it

Advertisements
scrosler is offline  
Last edited by scrosler; January 29th, 2012 at 01:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post:
ArmchairBear (January 13th, 2012), EarlyMon (December 31st, 2011), leroybrute (January 8th, 2012), Padron26 (December 31st, 2011), PMTerp (December 31st, 2011), scotty85 (January 29th, 2012), tadlock2699 (January 22nd, 2012), teewhiskey (January 12th, 2012), thornev (January 13th, 2012), Zahav (January 16th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old December 31st, 2011, 01:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Special Notes
Quote:
Flashing the boot.img using the automatic method will change your mainver to the latest release from VZW. If you don't know what this means then you need to ask before flashing!

To Use WiFi Tether you must first turn on MSS Clamping and Routing Fix in settings of the app. You cannot connected devices that will not use an ad-hoc connection. If its that important maybe its time to pay for hotspot.

Prerequisites:
Quote:
Must Be HTCDev Unlocked
Must have a custom recovery installed
Instructions to flash:
Quote:
Place ROM on SD Card
Reboot to recovery
Wipe data / Factory Reset
Install ROM. When ROM is finished it will reboot to hboot to auto install kernel. WHen you get to hboot press power to install.
Its not recommended that you restore back ups from prior ROMS! Do fresh install!

Change Log:
Removed Apps:
Quote:
All apps that were removed can be downloaded in one zip file on my site in the downloads section.
scrosler is offline  
Last edited by scrosler; January 29th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Im very excited to introduce CleanROM 1.2!

Changes in this Version:
Quote:
Added: 4 in 1 Reboot Menu (Thanks lllboredlll)
Removed: Quick Boot
Removed: More bloat / logging
Removed: Verizon Tab from launcher
Removed: All Social Networking Framework. Note: After the ROM flashes there will be a Social Network Framework.zip on your SD Card you can flash to add it back in!
Defaulted: Desktop view for Browser




Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pace FL
Posts: 136
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
jamesglewis3@gmail.com
Default

Thanks for your hard work on ROM development. I suspect now that we are unlocked things will pick up steam rather quickly!

I love sense and basic basic ROMs so this looks like the one for me. Your instructions mention the recommendation of not backing up from prior ROMs (which I get) however; if I am coming off of a stock (albeit unlocked/rooted) ROM, I'd rather just run TiBU and use that after I install your CleanROM. Do you think I'd have any problems if I did that or would I be OK? This would be the 3rd or 4th time I will have had to set my phone up from scratch; I'd REALLY rather use TiBU if you know what I mean!!!

Thanks again for your ROM work and appreciate your thoughts when you can.
turbomentor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Scrosler: Ditto what turbomentor said. I have used your products the last few days and really appreciate your work. If things weren't so "tight" because of the holidays, I would show my appreciation in a tangible way. For now, thanks very much for what you do.

Similar question...When I installed Cleanrom1.1, I did a wipe before I installed. Do I need to wipe again going from 1.1 to 1.2? Starting from square one is getting...tedious.
novakrj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomentor View Post
Thanks for your hard work on ROM development. I suspect now that we are unlocked things will pick up steam rather quickly!

I love sense and basic basic ROMs so this looks like the one for me. Your instructions mention the recommendation of not backing up from prior ROMs (which I get) however; if I am coming off of a stock (albeit unlocked/rooted) ROM, I'd rather just run TiBU and use that after I install your CleanROM. Do you think I'd have any problems if I did that or would I be OK? This would be the 3rd or 4th time I will have had to set my phone up from scratch; I'd REALLY rather use TiBU if you know what I mean!!!

Thanks again for your ROM work and appreciate your thoughts when you can.
Well, as long as you dont go too crazy and back up the entire system and try to restore it (yes people do that) you will probably be OK. If you see rand issues then you know your TIB is not going to work. The only advice I can give is this....

Try to restore your data... If you have problems then do a full wipe, clean install and re-set up all apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakrj View Post
Scrosler: Ditto what turbomentor said. I have used your products the last few days and really appreciate your work. If things weren't so "tight" because of the holidays, I would show my appreciation in a tangible way. For now, thanks very much for what you do.

Similar question...When I installed Cleanrom1.1, I did a wipe before I installed. Do I need to wipe again going from 1.1 to 1.2? Starting from square one is getting...tedious.
If your coming from 1.1 to 1.2 you can wipe cache and dalvik. But...... Becuase the way the ROM provisions on first boot after fresh flash you will keep the VZW tab in the launcher. And you will still have quick boot. If thats not an issue to you then dirty flash it. If you want that damn VZW tab gone then full wipe is required. I cant figure out how to force provision the ROM other than a complete wipe
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks Scott. I ended up doing a full wipe/reset yesterday and then flashed 1.2. Works great I think my favorite new feature is the 4 in 1 Restart menu.

My wifi tether is not working but it must be something in my settings because Open Garden tether from the Market doesn't work either, and that one worked after I unlocked and rooted.

Thanks for everything.
novakrj is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to novakrj For This Useful Post:
scrosler (January 3rd, 2012)
Old January 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakrj View Post
Thanks Scott. I ended up doing a full wipe/reset yesterday and then flashed 1.2. Works great I think my favorite new feature is the 4 in 1 Restart menu.

My wifi tether is not working but it must be something in my settings because Open Garden tether from the Market doesn't work either, and that one worked after I unlocked and rooted.

Thanks for everything.
With the WiFi tether that I included in the ROM you need to set MSS Clamping and then Set Routing Fix.

After you do that it shoudl be good to go. I tested it that way and it was fine for me. But I also pay for hotspot so....
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

That did it....thank you.
novakrj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakrj View Post
That did it....thank you.
Good stuff! Dont froget to hit thanks when someone helps you!
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

CleanROM 1.3 is Now Up!




(Too bad benchmarks don't mean anything, right? lol)





Changes in Version 1.3 - 1/7/2012
Quote:
Added: Performance Enhancements
Updated: WiFi Tether 3.1 Pre 115
Removed: A little more bloat
Removed: Location Icon
Replaced: HotSpot with Flashlight in Quick Settings
Defaulted: Fastboot Off in Power Menu
Unlocked: Camcorder in app drawer
Fixed: init.d scripting

You know the drill....

If you like it hit Thanks! If you love it hit Donate
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post:
jeff0r3 (January 7th, 2012), rcrott1 (January 16th, 2012)
Old January 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Love the ROM..

Scrosler, just found a problem that I need some help with.. When I go to send a txt message, I usually just type like the first couple of letters of someones name, and the phone will give the examples... like for example Crystal, I would type cry and the name would pop up with a number. For some reason on this rom, that isn't happening.. Any help?
jeff0r3 is offline  
Last edited by jeff0r3; January 7th, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff0r3 For This Useful Post:
scrosler (January 7th, 2012)
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff0r3 View Post
Love the ROM..

Scrosler, just found a problem that I need some help with.. When I go to send a txt message, I usually just type like the first couple of letters of someones name, and the phone will give the examples... like for example Crystal, I would type cry and the name would pop up with a number. For some reason on this rom, that isn't happening.. Any help?
Yep, your right. I will have to take a look at that.
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post:
jeff0r3 (January 7th, 2012)
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

I found the bug. Its not really a bug but by design... What happens is to speed up the databases the auto complete function is disabled. It adds drastic perforamnce gains but you loose that feature. I can make a pack to revert the db libraries tonight but that will be an optional function to flash.
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Cool... A must have for me!! Awesome to have a Dev so quick to fix a bug!! It's like the OG days for me again!!!
jeff0r3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff0r3 For This Useful Post:
scrosler (January 7th, 2012)
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

I updated the OP to reflect the following:



Special Notes
Quote:
  1. New-> Auto Name Suggestion Note:
    Quote:
    Auto name suggestion for text and email is disabled for performance. If you need this enabled download the attachment to this post. This will bring back auto name suggestion but you will see modest performance hit. Still should get 3K in quads, not much further though.
  2. New-> You need to flash the "Social Network Frameowrk.zip" file on the root of SD Card after you flash the ROM. The social network framework was removed because I dont use it. You flash the zip just like you flash a ROM. It will automagicallly appear after you flash the ROM.

  3. Post #3 will be list of all user contributions and add-ons for the ROM. If you want to share your work post it in the thread and I will add to this list
Going forward I will have that file on the SD card or contemplate putting it back to stock and putting the tweaked version on the SD Card.

With the stock libs I was still hitting about 3K even in Quads....

You guys be the judges... Pure power or Auto Name Suggestion?
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post:
jeff0r3 (January 7th, 2012)
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Careful, They're sharp!!
 
Bob Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midland's, South Carolina
Posts: 7,037
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Big Red

Thanks: 2,599
Thanked 4,219 Times in 1,954 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I updated the OP to reflect the following:



Special Notes


Going forward I will have that file on the SD card or contemplate putting it back to stock and putting the tweaked version on the SD Card.

With the stock libs I was still hitting about 3K even in Quads....

You guys be the judges... Pure power or Auto Name Suggestion?

Pure power
Bob Cat is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Cat For This Useful Post:
scrosler (January 7th, 2012)
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat331 View Post
Pure power
Hehehe... ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Wow... I wouldnt have thought it would slow it down that much.. thanks for taking the time to fix that!
jeff0r3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff0r3 View Post
Wow... I wouldnt have thought it would slow it down that much.. thanks for taking the time to fix that!
Yeah, the whole OS is database driven so depending on your database libraries you can really affect perforamnce. And the changes in this library to remove the auto name suggestion makes it HAUL ASS.

But with the other tweaks I got in here... Even going back to stock libs its still damn fast for a stock kernel and faster than any other version I have made.
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: wherever I can
Posts: 227
 
Device(s): Bionic, Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 68
Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post


About CleanROM





(Too bad benchmarks don't mean anything, right?)



Features



Removed



Changes in Version 1.3 - 1/7/2012



Special Notes



Special thanks the following community members!






Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it
How about a cf-bench and nenamark?
leroybrute is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
How about a cf-bench and nenamark?
Never tried those but what does it score stock?
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: wherever I can
Posts: 227
 
Device(s): Bionic, Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 68
Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Never tried those but what does it score stock?
The best I have gotten stock nenamark is 54.4. I have screens of antutu and cf-bench.

2011-12-18_10-03-25.jpg

2011-12-07_22-48-38 (1).jpg
leroybrute is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
thornev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 309
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB, Stock ROM (VRBMA2), KT747 kernel o/c'ed to 2.1Ghz, Go Launcher EX, TWRP2 rec
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 78
Thanked 95 Times in 84 Posts
Default

Scott - Why can't I find the download for CleanROM 1.3? On the Downloads page I find only as far as 1.2. Thorne
thornev is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornev View Post
Scott - Why can't I find the download for CleanROM 1.3? On the Downloads page I find only as far as 1.2. Thorne
Its there! Sounds like you mike be looking in the Archived ROM Builds.

scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
thornev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 309
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB, Stock ROM (VRBMA2), KT747 kernel o/c'ed to 2.1Ghz, Go Launcher EX, TWRP2 rec
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 78
Thanked 95 Times in 84 Posts
Default

Oy. I clicked on everything EXCEPT "HTC Rezound" which is where that list is. I see it now... and 1.4 ! Woo Hoo! Thanks, Scott.
thornev is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: wherever I can
Posts: 227
 
Device(s): Bionic, Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 68
Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Sorry to have bothered you scrosler.
leroybrute is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
MrSmith317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 101 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Edit: Nevermind
MrSmith317 is offline  
Last edited by MrSmith317; January 10th, 2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Not bringing drama to someone else's thread
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornev View Post
Oy. I clicked on everything EXCEPT "HTC Rezound" which is where that list is. I see it now... and 1.4 ! Woo Hoo! Thanks, Scott.
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
Sorry to have bothered you scrosler.
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
Edit: Nevermind - Reason: Not bringing drama to someone else's thread
What did I miss?
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Careful, They're sharp!!
 
Bob Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midland's, South Carolina
Posts: 7,037
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Big Red

Thanks: 2,599
Thanked 4,219 Times in 1,954 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
What did I miss?
Whatever it was I missed it too.
Bob Cat is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
MrSmith317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 101 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Cool!



Huh?



What did I miss?
I made a comment I shouldn't have made and backed off of it...Nothing more. Wish there was a delete button haha.
MrSmith317 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Changes in Version 1.4 - 1/10/2012
Revamped: Tweaks to help smooth the UI
Fixed: Auto name complete (Quads scores will dip back to normal)
Fixed: FC using Trim function in Gallery
Added: More extended quick settings
Added: Animated sync icon (Rebuild of Fern's)
Moved: Social Network Framework to /sdcard/CleanROM/

So the auto name complete function works without affects performance now? Or am I reading this wrong.. haha.
Wolf3235 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf3235 View Post
So the auto name complete function works without affects performance now? Or am I reading this wrong.. haha.
Nah your reading it right.

I just pulled the sql libs because they were artificially inflating the quad scores. After fruther testing I realized they had no real world affect other than "cheating" quads.

This new version reverts that change... Then it offers real world notable perf gains in UI smoothness and over all performance. Otehr benches are als up.

I can hit about 6800 on cf-bench and about 5900 on Antutu. Quads are still up and down from 2400 to 3K. Quadrant is just not reliable nor is linpack. They deviate from themesleves far to often to get a real reading.

I feel confident that CF bench and Antutu are better indications of actual perf. The sad part is that Antutu benches SD card which is too variable for me... But oh well.

But yeah, first thing you will notice about 1.4 is how smooth the scrolling is in apps. From there its just butter.

-Scott
scrosler is offline  
Last edited by scrosler; January 10th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post:
leroybrute (January 10th, 2012), rcrott1 (January 16th, 2012)
Old January 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Nah your reading it right.

I just pulled the sql libs because they were artificially inflating the quad scores. After fruther testing I realized they had no real world affect other than "cheating" quads.

This new version reverts that change... Then it offers real world notable perf gains in UI smoothness and over all performance. Otehr benches are als up.

I can hit about 6800 on cf-bench and about 5900 on Antutu. Quads are still up and down from 2400 to 3K. Quadrant is just not reliable nor is linpack. They deviate from themesleves far to often to get a real reading.

I feel confident that CF bench and Antutu are better indications of actual perf. The sad part is that Antutu benches SD card which is too variable for me... But oh well.

But yeah, first thing you will notice about 1.4 is how smooth the scrolling is in apps. From there its just butter.

-Scott
That's very interesting...
I'm running it right now and it is pretty flawless right now. Loving the built in Swype because the touch trace on the HTC keyboard is worse than running a mile in mud. Everything is very smooth. And I'm coming from Ineffabilis
Wolf3235 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #35 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf3235 View Post
That's very interesting...
I'm running it right now and it is pretty flawless right now. Loving the built in Swype because the touch trace on the HTC keyboard is worse than running a mile in mud. Everything is very smooth. And I'm coming from Ineffabilis
Cool!

And yeah... that HTC trace is horrid. Always has been.
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi, I'm new to rooting/android in general.
I'm sure I could find an answer to this but not 100% what to search for.

I'm running 1.2 with AmonRa as my recovery,
I have everything the way I like it.. I've backed up everything with Titanium but,
I'm wanting to update to 1.3 (and future releases).

Is there an easy method for me to update the ROM and restore all of my settings/apps or do I have to manually re-install/re-configure everything to my liking?

(again being new not sure)
Could I just flash the new ROM, install titanium and do a complete restore?


Thanks!
Avuja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
MrSmith317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 101 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avuja View Post
Hi, I'm new to rooting/android in general.
I'm sure I could find an answer to this but not 100% what to search for.

I'm running 1.2 with AmonRa as my recovery,
I have everything the way I like it.. I've backed up everything with Titanium but,
I'm wanting to update to 1.3 (and future releases).

Is there an easy method for me to update the ROM and restore all of my settings/apps or do I have to manually re-install/re-configure everything to my liking?

(again being new not sure)
Could I just flash the new ROM, install titanium and do a complete restore?


Thanks!
Wait for an official reply from Scott, but you could flash the new ROM without wiping data/cache. That will retain all of your installed apps and settings but potentially create problems. This is why wiping is preferable.
MrSmith317 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #38 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avuja View Post
Hi, I'm new to rooting/android in general.
I'm sure I could find an answer to this but not 100% what to search for.

I'm running 1.2 with AmonRa as my recovery,
I have everything the way I like it.. I've backed up everything with Titanium but,
I'm wanting to update to 1.3 (and future releases).

Is there an easy method for me to update the ROM and restore all of my settings/apps or do I have to manually re-install/re-configure everything to my liking?

(again being new not sure)
Could I just flash the new ROM, install titanium and do a complete restore?


Thanks!
Do not, under any circumstances, use TI Backup to restore a complete system. I can assure you that you will have many many issues.

I would do a full system wipe and re-install all apps. Some people just wipe dalvik and cache and are fine. I say nuke the whole thing.
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

CleanROM 1.5 is here!
maximus20895 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #40 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

CleanROM 1.5 is here!

Quote:
Its important to read the Special Notes in post #2!





Changes in Version 1.5 - 1/12/2012
Quote:
REQUIRES: A FULL WIPE / FACTORY RESET!
Revamped: Tweaks for file system performance and battery efficiency.
Added: HTC Keyboard with arrows by lllboredlll
Updated: Google Search 1.3.3.247963
Updated: Google Maps 6.1.0
Updated: Animated Sync Icon (Thanks NilsP)
Moved: WiFi Tether and Polaris Office to SD card in CleanROM folder (Install them using ES file Explorer. I cant stand looking at those icons.)
Removed: More Bloat - Verizon Bloat Services to SD Card in flashable zip format(Needed for NFL Mobile, etc. Must flash right after ROM flash!)
Removed: Redundant "All Settings" in Quick Settings




Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post:
kishin14 (January 13th, 2012), Zahav (January 16th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old January 13th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 213
 
Device(s): DROID MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 43
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Thumbs up Liking this rom so far

I'm on the the 1.5 version. I'm getting very good stand by times. I was on 4G streaming from Pandora for an hour and the battery didn't drain too much.

The rom is also pretty fast, but this phone is always fast so I can't tell if it's the rom.

7.5 hours and I'm down to 70%, but most of that was on stand by, with 1.5 hrs screen on, 1 hr of that on 4G. That's pretty solid to me.

My only question/request: is there a way to flash a mod that will add volume rocker music control? Two questions I guess, I like that the battery icon show's the %, but is there a mod to just show % without the icon?
ArmchairBear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
MrSmith317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 101 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairBear View Post
I'm on the the 1.5 version. I'm getting very good stand by times. I was on 4G streaming from Pandora for an hour and the battery didn't drain too much.

The rom is also pretty fast, but this phone is always fast so I can't tell if it's the rom.

7.5 hours and I'm down to 70%, but most of that was on stand by, with 1.5 hrs screen on, 1 hr of that on 4G. That's pretty solid to me.

My only question/request: is there a way to flash a mod that will add volume rocker music control? Two questions I guess, I like that the battery icon show's the %, but is there a mod to just show % without the icon?
For the second, check out the UOT kitchen. You can get custom icons made for you there and flash them to your phone.
MrSmith317 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrSmith317 For This Useful Post:
ArmchairBear (January 13th, 2012)
Old January 13th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairBear View Post
My only question/request: is there a way to flash a mod that will add volume rocker music control? Two questions I guess, I like that the battery icon show's the %, but is there a mod to just show % without the icon?
Im sure there is but I use the beats headphones so not sure.
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #44 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Running 1.2 and works flawlessly. Have tried installing 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5, and in each case my wi-fi setting says "error." I have tried restarts and battery pulls but no change. All installations have been wipes/factory resets.

Thoughts?
novakrj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 168
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

probably have to reflash the kernel from the rom or your own custom kernel.
bik2101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bik2101 For This Useful Post:
novakrj (January 15th, 2012)
Old January 15th, 2012, 03:13 AM   #46 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakrj View Post
Running 1.2 and works flawlessly. Have tried installing 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5, and in each case my wi-fi setting says "error." I have tried restarts and battery pulls but no change. All installations have been wipes/factory resets.

Thoughts?
What he said.... You need to flash my boot.img so you get the appropriate kernels and modules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post
probably have to reflash the kernel from the rom or your own custom kernel.
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post:
novakrj (January 15th, 2012)
Old January 15th, 2012, 04:35 AM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 213
 
Device(s): DROID MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 43
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Just a quick fyi on battery life. I'm on 1.5, got 9 hrs on light use with 80% left, a few short phone calls and texts. 3G, Mobile Data Always On option unchecked, auto brightness.

Very good standby time. Very stable.

Great job on this Rom!
ArmchairBear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #48 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairBear View Post
Just a quick fyi on battery life. I'm on 1.5, got 9 hrs on light use with 80% left, a few short phone calls and texts. 3G, Mobile Data Always On option unchecked, auto brightness.

Very good standby time. Very stable.

Great job on this Rom!
Good deal! Glad to hear that!
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 52
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 142
Thanked 45 Times in 12 Posts
Default

I keep trying to download this ROM from the scottsroms site and every time, it fails to complete. I have tried this on my home connection on my pc as well as the Rezound's own 4g connection(faster lol). Is there a mirror for this file? By the way, your stuff is great.
Zahav is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #50 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fargo
Posts: 334
 
Device(s): All the good ones!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 262 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahav View Post
I keep trying to download this ROM from the scottsroms site and every time, it fails to complete. I have tried this on my home connection on my pc as well as the Rezound's own 4g connection(faster lol). Is there a mirror for this file? By the way, your stuff is great.
I just tested it and it downloaded quick and complete.

Sorry no mirrors of my work are allowed.
scrosler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Rezound > Rezound - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.