The Nexus 2 looks to be a Samsung S phone... this is good news if you have a Samsung S already since the firmware will likely be interchangeable between the Samsung S phones. anyways all the info comes out on NOV 8th..
And rumors claim that it will be actually called Nexus S. It is supposed to have the same specs as Galaxy S have and to be released with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
The device will be the Nexus S
* It will be branded as a Google experience device featuring Android 2.3
* It will have the same 4" SAMOLED screen seen on the Galaxy S devices
* It will feature the same Hummingbird processor from the Galaxy S handsets
* It will be easily rootable like the Nexus One was
* It will be at least GSM, unknown about carrier or CDMA
* It will have no hard buttons on the face, similar to a Vibrant
this is very good news for us, 'coz we may be able to have Nexus Two goodies and seems like Gingerbread will be ported to Galaxy S (if not officially released) very easily.