Originally Posted by wizzard
I have been reading the posts on this forum for a while and here is my problem. First off i am new to all these terms so i will try to give the best description i can.
I have a magic 32A 1st edition which i rooted(using the relentless software) and then installed a hero software(no idea which version-sorry) Maybe this one: (RUU_Sapphire_Rogers_WWE_2.17.631.2_release_signed _NoDriver)
All is working but since rogers has been blocking data with this phone i left it alone and asked them to send me a new magic which they did. So i have 2 magics right now one pre911 and one with the update.
I need help in changing the ROM in my rooted one so that i can use it on my current rogers data plan. I read on this forum that u can now use the Cyanogen 5.0.7 (Android 2.1) (GBD post)
If someone can guide me in installing the new rom into my rooted rogers pre911(i do not want to play with the updated magic for now), i would be appreciative.
Here are some informations:
SPL version HBOOT -1.33.2005(sapp50000)
Radio version 3.22.2017
Recovery version ???
ROM version or Kernel version ? Some type of hero rom(2.6.29-myhero)
I hope this helps.
Thanks for the help
Hello and welcome to AndroidForums!!
Your data has been cut off by Rogers because of the Radio version that you are using. the version that you have is from before the mandatory 911 update and if Rogers detects it on their network they will cut your Data.
You will have to change the radio to the post E911 radio from the Dream. I know it's a different phone but the radio is compatible. Since it's a post E911 radio and if you are running it in the Magic, Rogers will leave your data alone.
The radio version that you need to be running is 18.104.22.168. The basic procedure you need to follow is to flash a new recovery and radio and then flash the cyanogenMod ROM and EBI1 Kernel port, then finally the Google addons.
SPL 1.33.2005 is compatible with all 2.X and 3.X radio's so you should be good to go with flashing the Dream radio. As with any time that you flash radio or SPL there is always a chance, however slim that you could brick your phone. It's your decision to proceed with the following steps and thus I'ts your responsibility if you do end up bricking the phone.
1. Download the files on lines 1,6,7,8,9 and 11 from my guide. If you already have the Android SDK you can forget Line 1. Rogers post E911 Magic to CM 5.0.7 (Android 2.1) with Dream E911 Radio The GreatBigDog Report
2. Extract the Android SDK to the hard drive on your PC. Find the Tools folder in the SDK and copy it to the root of your drive c:
Copy all the .Zip files to the root of your SD card (should be 3 of them)
3. Copy the "recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.6.2H.img” and "22.214.171.124.radio.img" files to the c:\tools folder
4. Power down the phone.
5. Restart phone by holding the power button and volume down keys, phone will boot into fastboot and you will see 3 Androids on skateboards at the bottom. Press the back key.
6. Open a command prompt on your computer and go to c:/tools
7. Run the following commands
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.6.2H.img
fastboot flash radio 126.96.36.199.radio.img
8. Turn the phone off, turn back on again holding the home key until the phone boots into recovery.
9. Perform a nandroid backup
10. Perform a Wipe
11. Flash Zip from SD card (In the following order)
a) update-cm-5.0.7-DS-signed.zip (Or whatever the current CM release is)
b) bc-5.0.7-ebi1-signed.zip (Make sure it matches the CM release)
33. Power the phone off and then back on and you are now running CyanogenMod 5.0.7 using the E911 radio from the Dream
Anybody else feel free to chime in if you think that I've missed any thing.