Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Admire

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KageBeast

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 6th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cry Call log retrieval?

So I deleted a very important number from my call log by accident. I pressed the number to add it to contacts,but the phone lagged for a moment and instead it went to "remove from call log" before I could save the number to my contacts. Waaaaaahhh! I need that number!

I called Metro PCS and they set me up with a feature called "Call Detail", but when I looked through my recent calls (happened on Oct 2nd) it will only show me the actual number of outbound calls only. For inbound calls it just says "Number Called" then "My Phone Number" .

I called them back and they told me that they do not have a way to show me the numbers of the people that have called me in any feature.

I NNNNNEEEEEDDD that number! I have even dialed about 50 other numbers in attempt to get the right one. I have no other way to access the number or find this person.

Is there ANY possible way I can get this call log retrieval? Im desperate. I will try any suggestions (except the one that wants to charge me $599.99 for "revealing" my deleted files lol).

Any help would be MUCHO appreciated.


Samsung Admire SCH-R720
2.3.4 (yes yes, going to update soon! but didnt want to change anything until I exhausted all options with my call log)

KStarlite is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 6th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
qandres12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,352
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire (Retired), LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 14
Thanked 219 Times in 170 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStarlite View Post
So I deleted a very important number from my call log by accident. I pressed the number to add it to contacts,but the phone lagged for a moment and instead it went to "remove from call log" before I could save the number to my contacts. Waaaaaahhh! I need that number!

I called Metro PCS and they set me up with a feature called "Call Detail", but when I looked through my recent calls (happened on Oct 2nd) it will only show me the actual number of outbound calls only. For inbound calls it just says "Number Called" then "My Phone Number" .

I called them back and they told me that they do not have a way to show me the numbers of the people that have called me in any feature.

I NNNNNEEEEEDDD that number! I have even dialed about 50 other numbers in attempt to get the right one. I have no other way to access the number or find this person.

Is there ANY possible way I can get this call log retrieval? Im desperate. I will try any suggestions (except the one that wants to charge me $599.99 for "revealing" my deleted files lol).

Any help would be MUCHO appreciated.


Samsung Admire SCH-R720
2.3.4 (yes yes, going to update soon! but didnt want to change anything until I exhausted all options with my call log)

sometimes if you make a backup through through cwm you will still keep things have have recently been deleted. im deleted call logs and text messages sometimes and made backups and then later on restored and they show up even though they were deleted before creating the backup. could give this a shot.
__________________
http://www.instagc.com/users/join/40865
Dont just click, JOIN!! No need to be active, but it'd be a lot cooler if you did
qandres12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I will definitely give this a shot. Like I said, I will try literally anything. Aside from a wing and a prayer, my only hope is that someone knows how to do this or HOPE this person calls me back... which is highly unlikely.

Thanks for the suggestion... do you suppose backing up through Titanium Backup will be ok?
KStarlite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
KageBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Twilight Town
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,337
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Exhibit, Samsung Galaxy Attain(retired), Samsung Admire(retired),Huawei Ascend(retire
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 20
Thanked 210 Times in 174 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStarlite View Post
I will definitely give this a shot. Like I said, I will try literally anything. Aside from a wing and a prayer, my only hope is that someone knows how to do this or HOPE this person calls me back... which is highly unlikely.

Thanks for the suggestion... do you suppose backing up through Titanium Backup will be ok?
Well idk about what quandres said. I know any backup made with cwm backs up your messages and call log that you havr at the time the backup was made. And yeah I'd suggest using titanium. I use it to back up my call log and messages before flashing a new rom or restoring a backup so then I can just restore it whenever
qandres12 likes this.
KageBeast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
qandres12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,352
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire (Retired), LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 14
Thanked 219 Times in 170 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageBeast View Post
Well idk about what quandres said. I know any backup made with cwm backs up your messages and call log that you havr at the time the backup was made. And yeah I'd suggest using titanium. I use it to back up my call log and messages before flashing a new rom or restoring a backup so then I can just restore it whenever
i know it sounds really weird but considering that when you delete something in your phone or computer its not really erased. its still in there and its not truly gone unti l it has been overwritten by new information. I swear that this has happen to me a bunch of times. i have around 6 backups and each time that i would erase my message before the making of the backup, they would still be there after id restore.
qandres12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Admire
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Admire is a mid-range smartphone running Android 2.3. The phone falls in line with simiar devices of its class and features an 800MHz CPU, 3.2MP camera, and Samsung's TouchWiz UI. Though the Admire calls the MetroPCS network its h... Read More

Tags
admire, call log, deleted call, deleted call log


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Admire
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.