Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 25th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #101 (permalink)
psz

Device(s): Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Oghami is correct:

Samsung writes the software. T-Mobile (or AT&T or Verizon or Sprint) pushes to the phones via their networks (Hence Over The Air)

sponsored links
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #102 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalHoney View Post
Behold II owners just don't deserve another slap in the face, we can only take so much, you know?
I became B2 owner yesterday. I was thinking 1.6 would make this a decent phone, at a decent (off contract, Ebay purchase) price.

I'm wondering if I'm going to join the torch-wielding mob by Monday.
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #103 (permalink)

Device(s): Behold 2

I don't understand. 35 reboots, 1 factory reset; still no update. WHY HATH T-MOBILE FORSAKEN US. haha no but seriously. it's getting to be ridiculous.

Wow. what a letdown.
Last edited by Bluesword92; June 26th, 2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Recount:
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #104 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold 2

I can wait till they release the update here bh_man we are all waiting and are gratefully you are doing this as well as the others that are doing it
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #105 (permalink)

Device(s):

i think it's time for a class action lawsuit people! Just like samsung loss a lawsuit that they have to fix each and every dlp tv that experience the dark shadow on 1/4 of the screen. They deserved it.
Old June 26th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #106 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Re: 1.6 ota update........

I was thinking this morning I'd get it. Nope looks like we got shafted

Sent from my android device using tapatalk
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:23 AM   #107 (permalink)

Device(s):

Same problem here in Northern VA as many other people. Reboot the phone, get the red and blue arrows (NOT the sync arrows) in the top left, Device Connect Management message and then nothing.. I have an stock phone less them 3 months old with nothing unusual on it.

If you are as annoyed by all this as I am, write a polite email to the T-Mobile CEO Robert Dotson at robert.dotson@t-mobile.com telling him how annoyed you are by this whole mess. You can cc the Senior VP, Customer Loyalty, Mr. John Birrer using the same email format.

Be polite but let them know what a mess this is and how their own CS people have no real idea what is going on and that there is no discernible support for the phones that we are buying from them in good faith.
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #108 (permalink)

Device(s):

Once again samsung = fail
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #109 (permalink)
psz

Nope

THIS time it's T-Mobile.

Samsung made the update, but so far only some people got it. T-Mobile pushes the update. THIS is all on them.

This is also why I don't like OTA-only updates. My brother's AT&T phone over the past year has gotten "Update Notifications" at least a dozen times, and I THINK he actually got two updates. Give me the option of downloading the update.
Old June 26th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #110 (permalink)

Device(s):

Blackberry updates are downloadable from the web. Windows Mobile updates are downloadable from the web. Updates for Android are OTA only. Makes no sense.
sponsored links
Old June 26th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #111 (permalink)

Device(s):

I got the Red/Blue arrows as well. Spoke with T-Mobile in Charlotte NC this morning but they seemed unaware (of anything) of the date the update(1.6) will be pushed through. All they know is they don't (surprise) have it. My wife is on pins and needles as well. She has the Cliq and hasn't been updated to 2.1 yet. Motorolla promised Q2 update which endsthis week. Thinking Nexus one might have been a better choice. More cash out of pocket but better in the long run.
Old June 26th, 2010, 10:49 AM   #112 (permalink)

As of 11:30 this morning; nothing. is there going to be another OTA Update tonight? possibly?
Last edited by Bluesword92; June 26th, 2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #113 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bui713 View Post
Blackberry updates are downloadable from the web. Windows Mobile updates are downloadable from the web. Updates for Android are OTA only. Makes no sense.
I agree I think that is just plain stupid. And this is supposed to be the "Open" OS. Ha!
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #114 (permalink)

Device(s):

For those who haven't received the update...this is found elsewhere in this thread but for your best chances:

1. Be as stock as possible (not rooted, no home replacement etc...as dictated by TMO, and must have received the 1.5 update)
2. I would turn off any task killers. Don't touch anything when it reboots either.
3. Connect the phone to your power cord so you have full power (not USB)
4. During the push hours, turn off your phone, take out the battery. Reboot the phone. If the Device Management arrows come up in the notification area but then go away...
Change your APN settings from internet2.voicestream.com or whatever they are to epc.tmobile.com
Make sure you are connecting via 3G (not WiFi)
Make sure you have the setting to ALLOW BACKGROUND DATA SERVICES and DATA CONNECTION AT BOOT set to ON
Turn off the phone, take out battery. Put back in, reboot
Watch for the Device Management arrows, if they stay on for more than a minute or so and your 3G connection is showing active, you are getting the update. Follow on screen instructions when its done.

For more information see my complete post on the first page of this thread.

Those are the steps that got me the update. Your mileage may vary.

P.S. I don't have a data plan (just WAP T-Zones and it still worked for me)
Last edited by inaz4sun; June 26th, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #115 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have gone 24+ hours now on my SD card that was previously giving me problems in 1.5 (the widely reported corrupted errors). Trying it now on 1.6, so far no issues. I think the longest it ever went without and issue before was maybe 2 days or so, so still too soon to tell. But hope springs eternal.
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #116 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaz4sun View Post
For those who haven't received the update...this is found elsewhere in this thread but for your best chances:

1. Be as stock as possible (not rooted, no home replacement etc...as dictated by TMO, and must have received the 1.5 update)
2. I would turn off any task killers. Don't touch anything when it reboots either.
4. During the push hours, turn off your phone, take out the battery. Reboot the phone. If the Device Management arrows come up in the notification area but then go away...
Change your APN settings from internet2.voicestream.com or whatever they are to epc.tmobile.com
Make sure you have the setting to ALLOW BACKGROUND DATA SERVICES and DATA CONNECTION AT BOOT set to ON
Watch for the Device Management arrows, if they stay on for more than a minute or so and your 3G connection is showing active, you are getting the update. Follow on screen instructions when its done.

How about you make a odin image and uploaded to 4shared or something not going to go back to stock from take5 I like it to much and from what I hear not to much of difference of apps and etc. just the performance of touchsuck or touchwiz what ever you call it.
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #117 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by psz View Post
Nope

THIS time it's T-Mobile.

Samsung made the update, but so far only some people got it. T-Mobile pushes the update. THIS is all on them.

This is also why I don't like OTA-only updates. My brother's AT&T phone over the past year has gotten "Update Notifications" at least a dozen times, and I THINK he actually got two updates. Give me the option of downloading the update.

Not exactly, according to some CSRs the push is actually coming from Google (Android) just via the TMO network, so it is Google pushing it, just using TMO network to do it.

But who knows, I think companies now purposefully get into two party or three party agreement/coops like this just so no one has to take ultimate responsibility for anything (See Dell and Microsoft etc...)
Old June 26th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #118 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

I am confused your step 4. how do u reboot the phone without the battery? thanks.
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #119 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just got the update. Its practically the same thing just new market n navigation. Oh yea i live in houston texas
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Not exactly, according to some CSRs the push is actually coming from Google (Android) just via the TMO network, so it is Google pushing it, just using TMO network to do it.

But who knows, I think companies now purposefully get into two party or three party agreement/coops like this just so no one has to take ultimate responsibility for anything (See Dell and Microsoft etc...)
No. TMobile CSR's are completely ******ed and get paid to literally do nothing. Google makes the initial software. Samsung (and other manufacturers - HTC, Motorola, Etc..) is responsible for making that software work on their phones (i.e. TouchWiz, Sense, Blur). The carriers (TMobile, Verizon, Sprint, etc..) then receive said software and are responsible for pushing it OTA to their customers.
sponsored links
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #121 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenmd View Post
I am confused your step 4. how do u reboot the phone without the battery? thanks.
I assumed people would be smart enough to figure out that putting it back in was a given. Guess I was proved wrong.
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #122 (permalink)

Device(s):

1-1 US just scored. looks like i will get my phone update today....

Quote:
I assumed people would be smart enough to figure out that putting it back in was a given. Guess I was proved wrong.
i'm so tired of this phone.....so sad about us soccer performance too, so far. hope they play better second half.
Last edited by nguyenmd; June 26th, 2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #123 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

Just tried this and got the arrows for about 10 seconds then they disappeared
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #124 (permalink)

Device(s):

Smile

1-1 US just scored. looks like i will get my phone update today....

i'm so tired of this phone.....so sad about us soccer performance too, so far. hope they play better second half.[/QUOTE]
Old June 26th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #125 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandism View Post
Same here.
Old June 26th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #126 (permalink)

Device(s):

I tried to switch networks. This is bizarre:

Under "Network selection" I choose "search now". It disabled my connection, and then it gave me the option of only one network, AT&T.

What the???? I chose it. It works. It says 3g is working.
Old June 26th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #127 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II

Received the update late this afternoon.

Firmware version

Baseband version
T939UVJE2

Kernel version
root@sep-56 #1
Tue May 4 19:02:25 KST 2010

Build number
76XXCSCBALUM63**

Only differences I see right away is a camcorder app that I don't believe I had earlier, and an alert in my notification bar that states "low on space - phone storage space is getting low." If I click on it, it takes me to manage applications. Again, since I'm not a tech person, I don't know what's new or not. Hopefully, one of you guys can use the info above. I'm in Cedar Hill, TX (18 miles south of Dallas). My battery was low when I received the notice, so I plugged into the wall charger and then updated. Took about 15 minutes.
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #128 (permalink)

Device(s): T-mobile G2x Behold II

Does anyone know if the OTA update downloads to the phone or memory card? I was wondering if not having enough memory could prevent the update from downloading.
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:31 PM   #129 (permalink)

Device(s):

how do i post my own thread
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:

So i've done everything that was suggested to do, still nothing. Any ideas?

OH device MGMT arrows don't ususally come up when I reboot the phone
Last edited by Bluesword92; June 26th, 2010 at 11:42 PM.
sponsored links
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #131 (permalink)

Device(s):

[QUOTE]how do i post my own thread[/QUOTE

Are you joking?

sent from my android phone using tapatalk
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:47 PM   #132 (permalink)

Device(s):

I wonder if the people who used Odin flasher and flashed the first update are the only ones not receiving the ota?

Has anyone that's been running root and returned to stock received the update?

Old June 26th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #133 (permalink)

Device(s):

[QUOTE=blackerwater;1019180]
Quote:
how do i post my own thread[/QUOTE

Are you joking?

dude im an idiot take it easy and tell me please
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #134 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerwater View Post
I wonder if the people who used Odin flasher and flashed the first update are the only ones not receiving the ota?

Has anyone that's been running root and returned to stock received the update?

I would say no, because I've kept my phone stock since i've had it in Dec. and still haven't received the update how ever I've seen the red/blue arrows in the upper left of the screen multiple times.
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #135 (permalink)

Device(s):

No I just wasn't sure if you were serious or joking. Maybe you should ask questions and learn a bit before you get flamed. What did you want to start a thread about?

Old June 26th, 2010, 11:56 PM   #136 (permalink)

Device(s):

ok i didnt mean thread i meant forum whoops
={P
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:58 PM   #137 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Quote:

Has anyone that's been running r
I would say no, because I've kept my phone stock since i've had it in Dec. and still haven't received the update how ever I've seen the red/blue arrows in the upper left of the screen multiple times.
So you were rooted at one time then.

Old June 26th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:

dude im an idiot take it easy and tell me please
Check out the blue new thread buttom on the top of the page.

As a future reference try to post your questions in the forum that pertains to it. In this case HERE.
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #139 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
ok i didnt mean thread i meant forum whoops
={P
that my friend would take me a looong time to explain to you : )

Old June 27th, 2010, 12:03 AM   #140 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Check out the blue new thread buttom on the top of the page.

As a future reference try to post your questions in the forum that pertains to it. In this case HERE.
i dnt see it
sponsored links
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandism View Post
I'm doing it right now and the arrows are staying for a significant amount of time. They do shut off eventually though...tinkering with more stuff to make sure that the way is clear for the update.
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:14 AM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamitePress View Post
I'm doing it right now and the arrows are staying for a significant amount of time. They do shut off eventually though...tinkering with more stuff to make sure that the way is clear for the update.
Good luck to you. I only get the arrows after the reboot for 5-15 secs. I hope the stock ODIN image isn't keeping me from getting the update.
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #143 (permalink)

Alright so this is odd, I did the steps, It said it found an update needed to reboot. The Behold rebooted and nothing happened.
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesword92 View Post
Alright so this is odd, I did the steps, It said it found an update needed to reboot. The Behold rebooted and nothing happened.
That always happens to me with the "Device management tip". I don't know if anyone has gotten lucky doing this but maybe the OP.
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #145 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Quote:
I'm doing it right now and the arrows are staying for a significant amount of time. They do shut off eventually though...tinkering with more stuff to
Good luck to you. I only get the arrows after the reboot for 5-15 secs. I hope the stock ODIN image isn't keeping me from getting the update.
This is what I'm getting at... if you go into device management mentioned run the check for update let it do its thing then hit results what does it say?? There are also a settings option when you press menu I wonder if we can put the needed settings in those fields. .

Old June 27th, 2010, 12:35 AM   #146 (permalink)

Device(s):

Will the op go and run what he did with the Dm and hit results and post what the window says thanks.

Old June 27th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #147 (permalink)

Okat, It came up again & here it is - and what i received in the Messages;

Congrats. a new software update for your device.
To proceed Press next.

This will take 10 minutes, you can't make calls etc etc.
*clicks start*
Your Phone will now reboot.

Reboots; and everything looks the same like nothing happened. No status bar, no packet unloading, nothing. Now I could be wrong but the Dev Man. arrows pop up for like 5 seconds after this part. And the 3G Icon shows usage for about 2 seconds.

After anxiously waiting 10 minutes (again) *also during the 10 minutes no 3g(apparently being used, and no alerts*

Boom! nothing.
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #148 (permalink)

so how long did it take to download the update? i'm getting the arrows for a very long time but nothing yet. although signal keeps dropping in and out occasionally...they say uninterrupted signal, but it can't possibly start over every time, can it? usually these things are smart enough to resume instead.
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #149 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
So you were rooted at one time then.

I have never rooted my phone it has been STOCK since I bought the phone in Dec. 2009 I did receive the minor patch that caused more problems.
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:50 AM   #150 (permalink)

well as far as I can tell, even though it says it found an update, it doesn't seem to install it or even do anything for that matter. I wonder what could be the problem. haha

PS. I totally can make calls. while that's happening.
Last edited by Bluesword92; June 27th, 2010 at 12:55 AM.

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2