Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 26th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Two days with this phone, lord it sucks

I was so excited to get it. When I opened the package, it was even better than the pictures showed. I loved it.

After 48 hours, I'm in the same boat as many other owners. God this is frustrating.

The screen turning off, and needing to be unlocked every time I try to hit a button in voicemail.
The screen unlocking accidentally when I'm on a call, and needing to be locked.
Google Voice not working 50% of the time.
Did I mention this stupid lock button?
The overlapping crap that Samsung added.
The keyboard is totally useless.

I know I can change much of this with rooting and a rom. I'll probably end up doing that as it looks like Tmo didn't get me the update. I'm hoping this thing will work, or it's back to Ebay for it, and I'll get a...??? MyTouch 3g?

The cube works well. It's useless...but it works well.

Last edited by Streetman; June 26th, 2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo
sponsored links
Old June 26th, 2010, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

You are still within the 2 week buyer's remorse period. Just return it.
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by grennis View Post
+1 on this, but if it was me I'd try out either the Behold 2 or Galaxy rom first. They should fix most of your problems. It's possible you might like this more than a MyTouch 3g, or whatever else you'd go with. And if you just flash back to stock they won't know anything if you did.

And the MT3G is a decent phone, and it will be getting froyo (so says TMO). Assuming you don't want to shell out for a slide, it's probably what I would go with if I was you.

EDIT: hmmm...I misread the "back to ebay". So in that case DEFINITELY try out a rom. Or just wait till you either get the OTA, or somebody makes an ODIN out of it.
Last edited by euph_22; June 26th, 2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Google Nexus 7 (32GB Model)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grennis View Post
He said "or it's back to ebay for it"
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetman View Post
I was so excited to get it. When I opened the package, it was even better than the pictures showed. I loved it.

After 48 hours, I'm in the same boat as many other owners. God this is frustrating.

The screen turning off, and needing to be unlocked every time I try to hit a button in voicemail.
The screen unlocking accidentally when I'm on a call, and needing to be locked.
Google Voice not working 50% of the time.
Did I mention this stupid lock button?
The overlapping crap that Samsung added.
The keyboard is totally useless.

I know I can change much of this with rooting and a rom. I'll probably end up doing that as it looks like Tmo didn't get me the update. I'm hoping this thing will work, or it's back to Ebay for it, and I'll get a...??? MyTouch 3g?

The cube works well. It's useless...but it works well.
My Cliq is on ebay. A month old with 8GB SD card for $180. I like it. It runs smooth and with device tune-up gets great battery life. It will get 2.1 soon.
Old June 27th, 2010, 02:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

I had a mytouch and a mytouch slide. The only reason I kept the behold2, is because data plan is only $5.99 or $10 for unlimited 3g.
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Cliq may be the route I choose. MyTouch is too plasticy for me. No offense to anyone who has it. I'm sure yours is cool.

I'm also not doing anything to this while waiting for the update, so that's holding me back, I know. I was going to root whatever I got, for WiFi tether and only learned after I bought this that WiFi tether is a no go for this, regardless of root. grrr...

For now, just help me with a few things:

1) Is there a setting for the screen to stay on during voicemail, or other calls where I have to enter numbers on the keypad?
2) Is there ANY way to circumvent the lock button? I thought the on screen code would do it, but that just added an extra step.
3) Can anyone tell me if Samsung had anyone test this phone in any way for functionality? Lordy, someone had to be annoyed by something.

...or maybe they all just played with the cube all day?
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

I've heard generally good things about the Cliq, and it's getting 2.1. However, it probably won't be seeing 2.2, which will GREATLY improve the performance (like make android run 2-3x faster). And the MyTouch 3g will be getting froyo (so says TMO). Again, it's what I'd go with, but feel free to have a wrong, errr....different, opinion. Just kidding, they're both good phones, both with pros and cons.

2) Try no lock, or if you just want a screen lock try lockbot. I don't have a BH2 anymore, so I'm not sure if they'll do what you want on the BH2, but it's worth a try.
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II, HTC T-Mobile Mytouch Slide (Black)

Quote:
Cliq may be the route I choose. MyTouch is too plasticy for me. No offense to anyone who has it. I'm sure yours is cool.

I'm also not doing anything to this while waiting for the update, so that's holding me back, I know. I was going to root whatever I got, for WiFi tether and only learned after I bought this that WiFi tether is a no go for this, regardless of root. grrr...

1) Is there a setting for the screen to stay on during voicemail, or other calls where I have to enter numbers on the keypad?
2) Is there ANY way to circumvent the lock button? I thought the on screen code would do it, but that just added an extra step.
3) Can anyone tell me if Samsung had anyone test this phone in any way for functionality? Lordy, someone had to be annoyed by something.

Call t mobile and tell them to install visual voicemail, its free. Then look for the visual voicemail and use it. Its waaaaaay better.
Old June 28th, 2010, 02:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

Cliq is a nice phone that gets no respect at all.

It feels 20x more solid than the Mytouch Slide but after a few days of the Slide i went back to the Cliq, had the Slide packed up ready to ship it back but the Cliq now seemed unbearably SLOOOOW. The Slide is a zippy lil ****** I tell ya.

I am still waiting to see 2.1 on the Cliq.

I hope it comes in the next week so I still have the option to send the Slide back even though it was free it used my upgrade.
Last edited by mwl1119; June 28th, 2010 at 02:11 AM.
sponsored links
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleal2010 View Post
Call t mobile and tell them to install visual voicemail, its free. Then look for the visual voicemail and use it. Its waaaaaay better.
Not possible on Tmobiles prepaid service, which is what I have. I don't know why, it's not my rule. When I go to set it up it says for those of us who choose to pay their bill in advance vs. the end of the month, we can't do it.

I know, dumb, like this phone.
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
2) Try no lock, or if you just want a screen lock try lockbot. I don't have a BH2 anymore, so I'm not sure if they'll do what you want on the BH2, but it's worth a try.
I'll give it a shot. it's annoying that i need a work around for everything on this phone. Oh well, might as well give it the ole college try.

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More

Tags
behold ii, ota update, rant

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2