Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II, HTC T-Mobile Mytouch Slide (Black)
Carrier: Not Provided

Default lets face it, no one got the update, did they?

We have been lied to, forgetten about, and now we have been spit upon without the courtesy of calling it rain.

We've taken more beatings than jesse james has gotten from his nazi mistresss.

sponsored links
Old June 27th, 2010, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
psz

Device(s): Samsung Vibrant

Actually quite a few people got it and are helping to release an ODIN image for those of us who didn't.
Old June 27th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

what's ODIN? I just want a wiFi Hotspot thru root. too much to ask?
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
psz

ODIN == Program used to put all of the (now months old) custom 1.6 ROMs onto the Behold II (They come pre-rooted and don't require you to do anything "hack" like to your phone)
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Mytouch 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetman View Post
what's ODIN? I just want a wiFi Hotspot thru root. too much to ask?
Wi-Fi Hotspot??? You mean wireless tethering?....which is impossible on the behold2 because samsung wont release the drivers for the kernel that we need! Its the same reason we cant overclock and install 2.1!
Old June 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

I did.
Old June 27th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Alright dude Im just gonna say it, Ive been holding this in for awhile but Android sucks. Its not at all what I expected and Im tired of acting like it is. Its crap. Especially This Samsung Behold Bull. I mean really. Samsung Really gives Android a bad name. Come to think of it, the behold is probably the reason why I hate Android so much now. Has anyone ever held an HTC hero in their hands?? Its pure awesome and the bulid quilty of the phone feels alot better. I cant explain it, you have to see it for yourself. So Anyway F samSUCK and Google should just not let SamSUCK make anymore phones with Android on them anymore. Or suffer the consequences.

"Hi My Name is HendyZero and I Approve This Message :-) !"
Old June 27th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

maybe you should go get the evo... it would ease the stress you've just built up in the past few weeks : )
Old June 27th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

lol, yeah, but I'm no longer with sprint Im with Tmobile. I switched because of cheaper plans and sprint had no android phones at the time. But its cool. Im probably just gonna goto Virgin Mobile for now with Their Cheap 25 dollar plan :-). no android but who can beat a 25 dollar plan with with unlimited text and data and 300mins. I dont really use mins so 300 is enough. Thanks for the advice tho :-) :-).
Old June 27th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HendyZero20 View Post
Alright dude Im just gonna say it, Ive been holding this in for awhile but Android sucks. Its not at all what I expected and Im tired of acting like it is. Its crap. Especially This Samsung Behold Bull. I mean really. Samsung Really gives Android a bad name. Come to think of it, the behold is probably the reason why I hate Android so much now. Has anyone ever held an HTC hero in their hands?? Its pure awesome and the bulid quilty of the phone feels alot better. I cant explain it, you have to see it for yourself. So Anyway F samSUCK and Google should just not let SamSUCK make anymore phones with Android on them anymore. Or suffer the consequences.

Lol. You don't hate android, you hate samsung. Doesn't the hero have andoid on it too?

The behold is actually a good phone but the support sucks.

The evo has a ton of problems of its own.

But I do fail your pain. I have felt it before. I'm not new on this ride and I'm not like other traders that jump all over samsung once they released galaxy s.

I'm now anti samsung
sponsored links
Old June 27th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

This is the reason I'm going back to HTC. I had a G1 which I was accustomed to and was drawn into Android by it's hack-ability. Samsung takes all that joy away. While were sitting here with 1.6, no wifi tether, no real custom roms (like a sense ui rom or froyo) HTC phone owners are enjoying all that stuff. So screw Samsung. I'm real glad I didn't pay for this phone cause I would feel terrible knowing I gave them money.
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

I love it. People are sitting around getting antsy for a 1.6 update, they don't get it, and it's back to the Samsung hate fest. This is TMobile's problem this time guys. Get a clue.
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
psz

Meh, I've given up explaining that ;->
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psz View Post
Meh, I've given up explaining that ;->
Heh
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
I love it. People are sitting around getting antsy for a 1.6 update, they don't get it, and it's back to the Samsung hate fest. This is TMobile's problem this time guys. Get a clue.
At least for me I can tell you that I've been defending this phone for awhile. I still agree there is nothing wrong with this phone it's not as bad as people think it is. Since we already have a few 1.6 roms already I don't know why people are getting so antsy over a couple of bug fixes. Now that doesn't mean I'm in love with it either. It will do just fine until my next phone but I expected a lot out of this phone and because Samsung is not playing by the rules in giving out the drivers like it's stated in the GPL then I will state that my displeasure. Samsung is a sucky Android phone provider in my opinion. It's an operating system that is all about community and when you don't treat it like that then you are going to get shit talked about you.
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
psz

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think proprietary hardware drivers are covered by the GPL....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psz For This Useful Post:
psychoace (June 27th, 2010), yahma (June 29th, 2010)
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoace View Post
At least for me I can tell you that I've been defending this phone for awhile. I still agree there is nothing wrong with this phone it's not as bad as people think it is. Since we already have a few 1.6 roms already I don't know why people are getting so antsy over a couple of bug fixes. Now that doesn't mean I'm in love with it either. It will do just fine until my next phone but I expected a lot out of this phone and because Samsung is not playing by the rules in giving out the drivers like it's stated in the GPL then I will state that my displeasure. Samsung is a sucky Android phone provider in my opinion. It's an operating system that is all about community and when you don't treat it like that then you are going to get shit talked about you.
True. My only point is that during this current debacle, TMobile is solely to blame. Samsung has done their part in creating 1.6 for the phone. TMobile has a history of failing at pushing updates to people.

And I think most people are antsy about this because it could very well be an operating system that's manageable. BH_MAN's roms are awesome, but they do have their issues since he never had an official release to work off. So far, the people that have received the update are reporting it being much faster. To me, that's just fine. I only have to wait a few more weeks for my new phone.
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

But it's Not GPL, android is under the Apache license. And under the license Samsung doesn't have to release anything relating to proprietary hardware. It's a loophole they could drive a tractor trailer through. A tractor trailer packed to the roof with crappy, unsupported phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to euph_22 For This Useful Post:
psychoace (June 27th, 2010)
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
But it's Not GPL, android is under the Apache license. And under the license Samsung doesn't have to release anything relating to proprietary hardware. It's a loophole they could drive a tractor trailer through. A tractor trailer packed to the roof with crappy, unsupported phones.
Quote:
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think proprietary hardware drivers are covered by the GPL....
Thanks for correcting me. It's still bs from Samsung to jump into an open source product and not come in with an open source state of mind like the best of the Android manufactures
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
True. My only point is that during this current debacle, TMobile is solely to blame. Samsung has done their part in creating 1.6 for the phone. TMobile has a history of failing at pushing updates to people.

And I think most people are antsy about this because it could very well be an operating system that's manageable. BH_MAN's roms are awesome, but they do have their issues since he never had an official release to work off. So far, the people that have received the update are reporting it being much faster. To me, that's just fine. I only have to wait a few more weeks for my new phone.
Same but I hope to get an HTC Aria. I really hate that some of the best Android phones are either on Verizon/Sprint or are unsubsidized. I really wanted a Dell Streak but it's not being subsidized so Aria is the next best thing on AT&T. Here's hoping they get something better before August.
sponsored links
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

I am pretty convinced some people wouldn't be happy with any phone, they complain about everything, every company, every OS, it's never good enough etc... etc... Which phone is the perfect or best phone then? Whichever you say, I bet I can find a forum of people bashing it to bits. Let's get a little perspective here.

I have a device that fits in my hand that has built in GPS with satelite maps of virtually every inch on earth, it makes and receives phone calls without being connected by a wire, it connects to computers, it can use bluetooth, it can play MP3, take and play videos, take and play 5MP photos, browse the internet use any of 10,000+ apps which do practically everything. And I have all that for free and a $30 a month fee (in my case anyway). That's pretty freaking amazing if you ask me. I would be the most powerful person on earth just a few short years ago. Most of this stuff couldn't even have been dreamed of when I was a kid. A little perspective, that is all I am saying.
The Following User Says Thank You to inaz4sun For This Useful Post:
paul89 (June 27th, 2010)
Old June 27th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

Device(s):

if you can get an A grade on a test, why do you only make a B, and let your parent unhappy ^^!
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritran18518 View Post
if you can get an A grade on a test, why do you only make a B, and let your parent unhappy ^^!
But what if your asking for that from a C+ student?
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #24 (permalink)

This phone lacks in a few features because of Samsung such as "hacking" features like teathering and overclocking and nandroid backup! Other than that this phone blows the G1 (which I previously owned) out of the water hardware wise! It has alot of great features, and had alot of potential, but quickly withered away by Samsung . I am 99% happy with this phone if I can just recieve a rooted 1.6 OTA update! I believe it would hold me over till I save up money to get a phone that has the features that the Behold 2 is lacking. I am an Android nut and I love to hack on it and install new roms, damn I wish I knew how to make them! The problem with Android is that they have way to many phones out! Making it hard for all phones to be updated to the latest OS version. Some phones a just meant to stay behind. But I do not believ that the behold 2 deserved an upgrade only to 1.6. Android should have only had a few phones realesed from google just like they have the Nexus One. They should have made a line of phones by themselves and thats it.
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I am pretty convinced some people wouldn't be happy with any phone, they complain about everything, every company, every OS, it's never good enough etc... etc... Which phone is the perfect or best phone then? Whichever you say, I bet I can find a forum of people bashing it to bits. Let's get a little perspective here.

I have a device that fits in my hand that has built in GPS with satelite maps of virtually every inch on earth, it makes and receives phone calls without being connected by a wire, it connects to computers, it can use bluetooth, it can play MP3, take and play videos, take and play 5MP photos, browse the internet use any of 10,000+ apps which do practically everything. And I have all that for free and a $30 a month fee (in my case anyway). That's pretty freaking amazing if you ask me. I would be the most powerful person on earth just a few short years ago. Most of this stuff couldn't even have been dreamed of when I was a kid. A little perspective, that is all I am saying.
I have to ask. . .is that to say that you've never had any problems out of your Behold 2? Never had your SD card randomly mount and unmount every five minutes? Never had your SD card completely wiped out? Never had apps or contacts disappear? Had the phone reboot itself randomly in your pocket or during a phone call? Had it stop receiving, sending calls? Had text messages arrive a full day after someone sent it to you? Had the lock button completely stop working, and thus having the screen turn on while it's in your pocket? Has it ever gotten so over-heated that you couldn't stand to hold it in your hand? Had the touch screen become erratic and unresponsive?

If not, then you are one of the lucky ones. I have experienced all of these problems and more.

The phone has a lot of bugs that I and many others were falsely led to believe would be fixed in one fell swoop with the upgrade to 2.1. Now, we can't even get upgraded to 1.6 properly and in a timely fashion (again, it seems you have been one of the lucky ones). Owners of this phone have every right to be angry.

Although, I do agree that every phone has its problems, those with the Behold 2 have been particularly egregious.
The Following User Says Thank You to brightsn For This Useful Post:
paul89 (June 27th, 2010)
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
But what if your asking for that from a C+ student?
1. Samsung is one of the biggest phone companys.
2. other phones with same hardware like BH2 can run 2.1,2.2 ^^!
===> so there is no C+ student in here. The only reason is: samsung doesn't want to do what they can do.
Last edited by tritran18518; June 27th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:48 PM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsn View Post
I have to ask. . .is that to say that you've never had any problems out of your Behold 2? Never had your SD card randomly mount and unmount every five minutes? Never had your SD card completely wiped out? Never had apps or contacts disappear? Had the phone reboot itself randomly in your pocket or during a phone call? Had it stop receiving, sending calls? Had text messages arrive a full day after someone sent it to you? Had the lock button completely stop working, and thus having the screen turn on while it's in your pocket? Has it ever gotten so over-heated that you couldn't stand to hold it in your hand? Had the touch screen become erratic and unresponsive?

If not, then you are one of the lucky ones. I have experienced all of these problems and more.

The phone has a lot of bugs that I and many others were falsely led to believe would be fixed in one fell swoop with the upgrade to 2.1. Now, we can't even get upgraded to 1.6 properly and in a timely fashion (again, it seems you have been one of the lucky ones). Owners of this phone have every right to be angry.

Although, I do agree that every phone has its problems, those with the Behold 2 have been particularly egregious.

I had one of my SD cards out of 4 have the problem, so it can't just purely be the phone, has to be related to the SD card quality. But haven't had any of those other problems you mentioned. It really works pretty flawlessly for me 99% of the time, it's a million times better than my TMO Dash on Windows Mobile, so it's a big move up for me on that level.

I agree the upgrade stuff is totally bogus. I think its super ass-backwards way to do things, and I thought the whole idea of an Open OS was to avoid all these kind of issues. Guess not, I think the phone makers and service providers are hell bent on always corrupting everything, just to force people to keep buying new phones, I mean what else could it be. And why do we need 50 phones from each manufacturer? Can't they make like a couple and actually get them right and come out with maybe a new one once a year (see iPhone). Seems like they churn out new phones every month.

Oh well. I am happy for now with my phone. 2 years from now, I'll upgrade again for free to the next cool thing, by then they will probably shoot lasers and microwave pizzas. (I would like to see a radar detector for cars, now that would be a cool integration).
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaz4sun View Post
I had one of my SD cards out of 4 have the problem, so it can't just purely be the phone, has to be related to the SD card quality. But haven't had any of those other problems you mentioned. It really works pretty flawlessly for me 99% of the time, it's a million times better than my TMO Dash on Windows Mobile, so it's a big move up for me on that level.

I agree the upgrade stuff is totally bogus. I think its super ass-backwards way to do things, and I thought the whole idea of an Open OS was to avoid all these kind of issues. Guess not, I think the phone makers and service providers are hell bent on always corrupting everything, just to force people to keep buying new phones, I mean what else could it be. And why do we need 50 phones from each manufacturer? Can't they make like a couple and actually get them right and come out with maybe a new one once a year (see iPhone). Seems like they churn out new phones every month.

Oh well. I am happy for now with my phone. 2 years from now, I'll upgrade again for free to the next cool thing, by then they will probably shoot lasers and microwave pizzas. (I would like to see a radar detector for cars, now that would be a cool integration).
Ya I'm not sure thet will microwave pizzas lol, but to be more realistic, it will be the norm to have projectors in them as some phones already do! Maybe they will have holo graphic images come out of them lol!
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #29 (permalink)

Device(s):

they will have 3D display.
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:02 AM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul89 View Post
This phone lacks in a few features because of Samsung such as "hacking" features like teathering and overclocking and nandroid backup! Other than that this phone blows the G1 (which I previously owned) out of the water hardware wise! It has alot of great features, and had alot of potential, but quickly withered away by Samsung . I am 99% happy with this phone if I can just recieve a rooted 1.6 OTA update! I believe it would hold me over till I save up money to get a phone that has the features that the Behold 2 is lacking. I am an Android nut and I love to hack on it and install new roms, damn I wish I knew how to make them! The problem with Android is that they have way to many phones out! Making it hard for all phones to be updated to the latest OS version. Some phones a just meant to stay behind. But I do not believ that the behold 2 deserved an upgrade only to 1.6. Android should have only had a few phones realesed from google just like they have the Nexus One. They should have made a line of phones by themselves and thats it.
You're just wrong about android. For starters, the Nexus one launcher demonstrated pretty clearly why google SHOULDN'T be selling hardware, they suck at it. And if Android was Google exclusive, it'd just be another iPhone, with a slightly better development cycle. The number of android phones on the the market is making it hard for all the phones to be updated? That's just silly, for the very simple reason that the OEM is responsible for porting the new versions of Android to their devices. So Samsung only has to update 4 devices. 4, and they've dropped 2 of them, and resisted updating atleast one of them. HTC has 11 devices, and almost all of them are up to date, or will be shortly (G1 is the only one not getting 2.1, except for possibly some magics).

If anything Google should work to make the android universe more open, so it can be have better community support.
sponsored links
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:11 AM   #31 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!

Quote:

Precisely +1 x infinity
Old June 28th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #32 (permalink)
psz

Never had the SD card problems with either card (The included Samsung-branded one, or the current "AData" 16GB card)

Never lost contacts (Though from the multiple ROM upgrading I do have some dupes I need to clear out...)

Had the phone reboot once, and that was on No-TWix

Only time I had a problem with calls was with Warheads (Phone wouldn't "hang up")

Text messages? Please. You never owned a Razr if you think this is the only phone that would "miss" text messages ;-> Hell, I've seen Blackberries that go a day or two "missing" texts, and THAT'S WHAT THEY WERE DESIGNED FOR :-P

I have had the screen turned on while in my pocket. Of course, I keep things other than just my phone in my pocket (keys, change, etc).

Overheating? Only on Warheads.

My personal BIGGEST problem was, is, and always will be the delicate balance one must provide to avoid the dreaded No Sleep bug :-/

When that's taken care of, I get 35+ hours of battery, even on stock. When even ONE APP decides to turn it off for some reason, I'm lucky to get 10 hours :-/
Old June 28th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
psz

And of course, at around 1pm my SD card decided to unmount and claim to be bad :-P

(I reverted to stock 1.5 a couple of days ago to try and get the Official 1.6)

So there ya go, if you ever want a piece of hardware to NOT **** up, just don't mention that it HASN'T :-P

(Pulled the card, re-inserted, and it's working fine, now)
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Samsung gave out everything they were required to by the GPL. Unfortunately, this is not enough, and does not include the hardware drivers.
Old June 29th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahma View Post
Samsung gave out everything they were required to by the GPL. Unfortunately, this is not enough, and does not include the hardware drivers.
It's not GPL, its the Apache License. And you're 100% right that they fulfilled the licensing requirements.
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:51 PM   #36 (permalink)

Device(s): BEHOLD 2 soon to BEHOLD SCREWED

Send a message via AIM to DJEXEX Send a message via Yahoo to DJEXEX

Quote:
Actually quite a few people got it and are helping to release an ODIN image for those of us who didn't.
So....where can I get the odin files for 1.6? Btw I called t-mobile and they said that phones are crashing with the update so they stopped it. And said I would get a text saying that I would be getting the update soon. So..... Has anyone's phone crashed?
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:15 AM   #37 (permalink)

Device(s):

A few people on the T-Mobile forum and at least one at tmonews.com are reporting bricked phones from the update. A few more have lost internet and service. It's funny you just got that response, because someone just posted on the T-Mobile forum that a CSR just told them that everyone should have the update by Thursday morning and, if not, they are supposed to exchange their phone.

I think that the one thing we can all count on, is that CSR's are hopelessly clueless and not to be trusted.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
A few people on the T-Mobile forum and at least one at tmonews.com are reporting bricked phones from the update. A few more have lost internet and service. It's funny you just got that response, because someone just posted on the T-Mobile forum that a CSR just told them that everyone should have the update by Thursday morning and, if not, they are supposed to exchange their phone.

I think that the one thing we can all count on, is that CSR's are hopelessly clueless and not to be trusted.
Hmmm...this sounds like the fabled Cliq OTA. Only this time it wasn't an accidental release.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #39 (permalink)

Lol I'm going back to the BH_MAN roms and waiting until the 21st. So silly waiting for this fail update.
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:54 AM   #40 (permalink)

Device(s):

I am not sure if this is what you guys mean by not being able to tether, but I can tether with my Behold II using EasyTether and the latest Galaxy ROM...
sponsored links
Old June 30th, 2010, 02:33 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychopathic View Post
I am not sure if this is what you guys mean by not being able to tether, but I can tether with my Behold II using EasyTether and the latest Galaxy ROM...
"wireless" tether is the key word!
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:37 AM   #42 (permalink)
psz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEXEX View Post
So....where can I get the odin files for 1.6? Btw I called t-mobile and they said that phones are crashing with the update so they stopped it. And said I would get a text saying that I would be getting the update soon. So..... Has anyone's phone crashed?

It's not up yet. Not unless you want one of the three unofficial ROMs that are based on a 1.6 build from March.
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #43 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Any cut method works

I received th update after using any cut down load it from the market and long touch a blank area and then tap short cuts then tap any cuts then activity and then device manger you dont have to name it then on your home screen tap the folder I did it it took some time i was running twiz when I did I also recieived the first update this works just yry it did.received after.6 am it took alot if.trys.good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to See eye For This Useful Post:
fjmustak (June 30th, 2010)
Old June 30th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #44 (permalink)

Device(s): T-mobile G1 (CM6), Google Ion (1.6), Motorola DROID (2.1), Samsung Behold II (OTA 1.6 Tweaked), Nexu

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by See eye View Post
I received th update after using any cut down load it from the market and long touch a blank area and then tap short cuts then tap any cuts then activity and then device manger you dont have to name it then on your home screen tap the folder I did it it took some time i was running twiz when I did I also recieived the first update this works just yry it did.received after.6 am it took alot if.trys.good luck
Thanks! worked for me!
steps:
1- from market, I downloaded "Any Cut" by Jeff Hamilton
2- once it's installed, on the home screen, long press -> Shortcut -> Any Cut -> Activity -> Device Management -> OK
3- click the shortcut
4- Click start DM (took forever when I was on edge, so I went to a 3g coverage area)
5- slowed down my device while it ran, and the 3g indicator was constantly active (red), and after several minutes, it told me that there was an update available, and I just followed the on screen instructions from there.
Finally donut (which I've had on my G1 for ages) is here, I'm sure this phone will suck a lot less now!
Old June 30th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #45 (permalink)

And it only took Samsung 10 months to get us donut. So the Spiz should be seeing froyo on his Vibrant sometime next May.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #46 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
And it only took Samsung 10 months to get us donut. So the Spiz should be seeing froyo on his Vibrant sometime next May.
Yeah, around the time the Behold III will be coming out with Android 1.6 with a 2.3 promised update

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2