Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Question Req:1.6 Update Reports - Is it any good?

Please only respond to this thread if you have the 1.6 update running.

How is it?
How does it compare to the Take5/Galaxy ROMs?
Is it still crashing during calls?

Thanks!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Can compare it to anything but 1.5 on my BH2, but for me it's WAY faster. It's not dramatically different in terms of the OS, but the Google Navigation is great, and the new Market is cool. It's definitely better than 1.5. I have gone 3 days with no issues with my previously always corrupting memory card either. All in all I am happy with the improvements. Yes its not 2.x but it's better than 1.5.
The Following User Says Thank You to inaz4sun For This Useful Post:
sisquoc15 (June 29th, 2010)
Old June 29th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus One, Xoom WiFi, Behold 2

As I posted in another thread, (a) my battery life is dropping much faster, and it's not just a calibration issue, since it died completely for the first time in months the other day (this is without any gps/wifi/location/3g/etc. setting changes). Taskiller seems to be helping some today, but I'll see how it goes. Calibration is also an issue, but I don't think that's the full picture.

(b) I'm finding I have to remove and reinstall some apps because they have somehow lost permission to write to the sdcard. It's annoying, but removing/reinstalling does seem to be a workaround.

(c) I don't think the random reboot problem has been solved; I haven't seen it reboot so far, but there have been some app resets that only happen after a reboot or an explicit kill.

Edit:
Confirmed, the random reboot still occurs.

It's nice to finally be able to access a few more apps that require 1.6. I'm not willing to say that it's actually faster yet. It definitely hasn't changed my mind about ditching this phone, which I plan to do later this week.
Last edited by fwph; June 29th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fwph For This Useful Post:
sisquoc15 (June 29th, 2010)
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): [s]Samsung Behold 2[/s] Motorola CliqXT

The 1.6 from the update is better and more stable than the EARLY release 1.6 TWIZ. However the battery life has dramatically decreased.
Old June 29th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Behold2

the navigation thing is sweet, getting apps that are not 1.5 is sweet, getting swype is cool.

having the battery die in 10 hours SUX, crazy force closes on everything from stock android settings force closing to other apps FC'ing SUX.

losing spare parts due to FC's SUX, i find my phone slower SUX,

having to uninstall every app and reinstall to try and speed up/stop the force closing SUX.

It looks like i am just going to pay the EFT and get a iPhone 4 and hold it correctly. (need to find a way to explain that expense to the wife, but i will still try)
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): [s]Samsung Behold 2[/s] Motorola CliqXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by culo77 View Post
the navigation thing is sweet, getting apps that are not 1.5 is sweet, getting swype is cool.

having the battery die in 10 hours SUX, crazy force closes on everything from stock android settings force closing to other apps FC'ing SUX.

losing spare parts due to FC's SUX, i find my phone slower SUX,

having to uninstall every app and reinstall to try and speed up/stop the force closing SUX.

It looks like i am just going to pay the EFT and get a iPhone 4 and hold it correctly. (need to find a way to explain that expense to the wife, but i will still try)
I disagree. I think that this version of 1.6 is a lot more stable. It runs a lot faster as well. I used to get many FCs on the earlier leak, however so far I have yet to receive a FC on the updated version. But of course I do agree about the battery life being a lot worse now.
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Vibrant

This is getting annoying that I (and the majority of other users) haven't received the update yet. Should I call and check the IMEI number or whatever?
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
This is getting annoying that I (and the majority of other users) haven't received the update yet. Should I call and check the IMEI number or whatever?
Yes...I know TMO had a lot of wrong IMEI numbers (including mine for both my original and replacement BH2). And it's possible that they could force the update for you.
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

Only the CSRs are telling everyone who calls that it simply isn't possible to push the update to a single phone.
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Vibrant

So I contacted CSR to see if my IMEI was correct. Sure enough, it was listed as my old phone. Nice work TMobile. What a douchy company.
sponsored links
Old June 29th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsn View Post
Only the CSRs are telling everyone who calls that it simply isn't possible to push the update to a single phone.
Exactly. They say that the OTA resides on a server and that the server kicks out the update - (in the case of the June 21st-25th run) nightly btw 11PM and 6AM. They also say that there may be an extension. However, a few days ago, I put in a trouble ticket regarding it so that they know via my IMEI specifically, that I did not receive the update.

Nothing rec'd yet. Worst case: They issue me *yet* another B2 which has the update on it. I have tentatively decided to get the HTC Desire in August and call it a day. There isn't another phone out there other than the N1 or The Droid X that appeals to me.
Old June 29th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowVoyager View Post
Exactly. They say that the OTA resides on a server and that the server kicks out the update - (in the case of the June 21st-25th run) nightly btw 11PM and 6AM. They also say that there may be an extension. However, a few days ago, I put in a trouble ticket regarding it so that they know via my IMEI specifically, that I did not receive the update.

Nothing rec'd yet. Worst case: They issue me *yet* another B2 which has the update on it. I have tentatively decided to get the HTC Desire in August and call it a day. There isn't another phone out there other than the N1 or The Droid X that appeals to me.
does the Desire work on an Stateside network?
I have the Droid Incredible which is aptly named. The desire should be almost as good.
Last edited by euph_22; June 29th, 2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old June 29th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

Got it last night and am very pleased with it. The swype keyboard is great!!! The market update looks good along with all the new things available for download. It's a shame Samsung has left this phone for dead as this update shows the potential the phone has if given some attention by the makers. I read 2.2 used fewer resources than 2.1 or 1.6....curious how it would run on BH2. I'm afraid we'll never know.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
does the Desire work on an Stateside network?
I have the Droid Incredible which is aptly named. The desire should be almost as good.
As-is...no. The European version of the Desire is said not to be 3G/UMTS compatible. But according to HTC's official Twitter account posting Twitter / HTC: It?s official ?HTC Desire ..., the USA version will drop in August. I cannot believe that they would bring it here w/o 3G at a minimum and preferably with 4G capabilities and Froyo on board . That is my wish of course. The Desire is such a gorgeous beast.

Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s): Behold II

Send a message via MSN to Emi2010

the only issue that iv had with the update so far is that it randomly jus restarts, but its a little bit faster, and it is better other then my problem
Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowVoyager View Post
As-is...no. The European version of the Desire is said not to be 3G/UMTS compatible. But according to HTC's official Twitter account posting Twitter / HTC: It?s official ?HTC Desire ..., the USA version will drop in August. I cannot believe that they would bring it here w/o 3G at a minimum and preferably with 4G capabilities and Froyo on board . That is my wish of course. The Desire is such a gorgeous beast.

The Desire is Just a better looking N1.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:50 AM   #17 (permalink)

Device(s):

I'm going back to the BH_man take5 1.6 with no touch wiz.

The official seems ok, but the bloatware, no thanks.
Old July 7th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II, HTC T-Mobile Mytouch Slide (Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenile View Post
I'm going back to the BH_man take5 1.6 with no touch wiz.

The official seems ok, but the bloatware, no thanks.

There is a 1.6 oem update rom with no bloatware.

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More

Tags
1.6, behold 2

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2