June 30th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device(s): T-mobile G1 (CM6), Google Ion (1.6), Motorola DROID (2.1), Samsung Behold II (OTA 1.6 Tweaked), Nexu
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Getting the 1.6 update OTA
- This is old sh#t since FEB, but hope it will help some newbies. (Apparently it doesn't work for everyone, otherwise everybody would have done it already)
- This worked for me (as well as for the original poster of the method, who's apparently just another newbie who posts old sh#t as if it is an innovative idea), and will not necessarily work for everyone. It is NOT an innovative idea, just a method I tried that actually worked for me (as opposed to waiting for the past week or so, and receiving no update)!
- Not sure what would happen if you try this and Twiz is not running (I had stock 1.5 w/Twiz)
- Sorry for the repost (I posted this as a reply in another thread, but thought it's important enough to have its own thread), and for bothering some people with this old sh#t and with giving them the impression I feel this is an innovative idea.
- I've lost track of the progress on the OTA 1.6 rom, so this could be redundant for some people.
- One more disclaimer: if you've read all these disclaimers, and still feel the urge to make jackass comments, go right ahead!
That said, if you haven't received the update yet, try the following:
- dowload the application "Any Cut" by Jeff Hamilton
- after it is installed, long press on an empty area of your home screen, then select Shortcut -> Any Cut -> Activity -> Device Management
- Click the OK button to add the shortcut to your home screen
- Tap the icon to get in to device management
- Click "1. Start DM"
- Wait.... (try not to do anything with your phone) then follow on screen instructions to install the update.
- I was in an Edge area, and it took forever to do anything! So I went into an area with 3g coverage, and tried it again. (Not sure if it won't work on edge, or it is just slow. Haven't tried Wi-fi either).
- The phone got very slow and unresponsive while it was checking for updates. The 3g activity icon was lighted (red) all the time.
Last edited by fjmustak; June 30th, 2010 at 07:30 PM.
Reason: Edited in response to behold_this