Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Sensation 4G, MyTouch 3G Slide
Carrier: Not Provided

Default 1.6 it's update has been pulled!

Tmo has stopped pushing the update due to problems it causes with the phone. Read up here:

Samsung Behold 2 Update Pulled, Behold 2 Users Cry In Dismay | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Google Nexus 7 (32GB Model)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by behold_this View Post
Tmo has stopped pushing the update due to problems it causes with the phone. Read up here:

Samsung Behold 2 Update Pulled, Behold 2 Users Cry In Dismay | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more
Gee another Samsuck fail........... lol.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

could this be another chance to take a strike at getting tmobile to swap me a new phone?
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Go for it! Aim high.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II, HTC T-Mobile Mytouch Slide (Black)

maybe you can swap for the partial discount of the samsung vibrant, o wait, thats been their plan all along.
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Typhoon, HTC Juno, Samsung T939

Can't the "signal quality issues" be fixed by using the last AMSS version like some users here?
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 32GB Gold iPhone 5s - 16GB Nexus 7 (2nd gen) - Chromecast
Carrier: Verizon

I had to send my wife's Behold back to Samsung because it was freezing and the color banding on the screen ... and this was after she downloaded the update.

Just a mess of a phone.
Old July 16th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus One 2.2.1 Rooted Stock, Samsung Behold II 1.6 TwzLite/Clockwork 0.2 [Where's my OC kernel ? :)

Default Not so fast......Galaxy S reception issues

Samsung Vibrant for T-Mobile USA review

If you have a look here, and elsewhere....turns out the Galaxy S isn't such a savior for Samsung....seems like lots of people are reporting reception issues. One blog has said maybe it's a little overblown hype, but going from my own IN-HANDS impression. Last night at the TMO store, the Vibrant was rockin' EDGE, while my BH2 actually had HSPA !! Ouch ....Considering the phones were right next to one another running the same "Antennas" application from the App Market ( An application that gives you an idea of signal strength, to which tower you're connected, and other towers in your area ), I'm a bit disappointed. I checked and the Vibe didn't have 2G-only set ( before someone goes asking ).

I can't say I'm not surprised. I wish I had purchased this phone directly from TMo, instead of 2nd hand, because at this point, I think I would've approached some attornies to open a class action. Regardless, I don't think that necessarily indemnifies Samsung, but ( not to stir the pot that's there ) someone who hasn't defected to the MT3GS should consider stepping up as the prime plaintiff and open a Class Action. It's not like they're not getting enough bad press right now.

I'm just sayin.
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo_lopez View Post
Samsung Vibrant for T-Mobile USA review

If you have a look here, and elsewhere....turns out the Galaxy S isn't such a savior for Samsung....seems like lots of people are reporting reception issues. One blog has said maybe it's a little overblown hype, but going from my own IN-HANDS impression. Last night at the TMO store, the Vibrant was rockin' EDGE, while my BH2 actually had HSPA !! Ouch ....Considering the phones were right next to one another running the same "Antennas" application from the App Market ( An application that gives you an idea of signal strength, to which tower you're connected, and other towers in your area ), I'm a bit disappointed. I checked and the Vibe didn't have 2G-only set ( before someone goes asking ).

I can't say I'm not surprised. I wish I had purchased this phone directly from TMo, instead of 2nd hand, because at this point, I think I would've approached some attornies to open a class action. Regardless, I don't think that necessarily indemnifies Samsung, but ( not to stir the pot that's there ) someone who hasn't defected to the MT3GS should consider stepping up as the prime plaintiff and open a Class Action. It's not like they're not getting enough bad press right now.

I'm just sayin.
The problem you speak of is a non issue, people have been able to replicate the situation and test it and they came to the conclusion that while it may display edge service speedtests have shown otherwise so basically its only a problem with the signal display. Actual speeds aren't affected.
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus One 2.2.1 Rooted Stock, Samsung Behold II 1.6 TwzLite/Clockwork 0.2 [Where's my OC kernel ? :)

Default suggestion...

There's a suggestion. I'll go and try that out...the TMO store isn't too out of my way on the way home, so I can see for myself.
sponsored links
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!

I'm out. I took the Cliq XT which will be updated in August according to this:
T-Mobile’s End of the Year Road Map Leaked : AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

I just need a working phone that will hold up until the HTC Desire (or whatever it will be called by the time it drops) - hits the shelves.

The Vibrator is not inspiring any "mania" behind its launch. No long lines. Not sold out. No waiting list. Just meh. It's $149.99 on Let's Talk with a $50 mail-in rebate, bringing it down to $99. - Shades of Behold 2...
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s):

Yeah i have to say I tested one yesterday with a speedtest app and was getting 2 to 3 mbits where my BH2 only get 500 - 700 kbits if I'm lucky.
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:22 AM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II, HTC T-Mobile Mytouch Slide (Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowVoyager View Post

The Vibrator is not inspiring any "mania"....

Look I'm really sorry, but what in the world were you thinking about lol!!!!

Do you mean the VIBRANT!?!?!? lmao!!!!

OMG you made my day lol
Old July 17th, 2010, 03:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowVoyager View Post
I'm out. I took the Cliq XT which will be updated in August according to this:
T-Mobile’s End of the Year Road Map Leaked : AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

I just need a working phone that will hold up until the HTC Desire (or whatever it will be called by the time it drops) - hits the shelves.

The Vibrator is not inspiring any "mania" behind its launch. No long lines. Not sold out. No waiting list. Just meh. It's $149.99 on Let's Talk with a $50 mail-in rebate, bringing it down to $99. - Shades of Behold 2...
Well maybe because people don't wait in lines for vibrators? Especially when sex is just a moment away. If you wait in line for a vibrator you must be VERY lonely.... LOL

In any case lets get back to speaking about the samsung vibrant... This is the first Samsung Galaxy S series that has been released others will be released on or after the 21st. Some would consider the 15th a soft launch. Anywho a great device is not measured by how big a line is or a name is its measured by performance and this has outperformed the htc desire, nexus one, evo 4g etc. If you think hype is all that matters by all means hop onto the iPhone 4 and have fun with a closed source OS because its soo great because of the hype right? Comparing Vibrant(Samsung Galaxy S series) to the behold 2 is like comparing Apples to Oranges. Its irrelevant. Galaxy S isn't a T-Mobile exclusive its a world phone. Every Carrier has one. Not to mention how much more this can do.

Letstalk isn't T-mobile so thats irrelevant not to mention price has no factor in being a great device either. You must be one of those trend followers huh? It is highly foolish to buy a device because of hype, sold out, long lines and high price. High price doesn't equal quality nor performance and same goes for hype and selling out.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2FR35H For This Useful Post:
Puraw Wave (July 17th, 2010)
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus One Samsung Behold II

Hey one things for sure, you can hold the phone anyway you want to :P
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleal2010 View Post
Look I'm really sorry, but what in the world were you thinking about lol!!!!

Do you mean the VIBRANT!?!?!? lmao!!!!

OMG you made my day lol
Like I said Real, you're new around here, LOL - People who know my sense of humor know that I tend to "coin phrases" to use: I said Vibrator on PURPOSE. Just as I use the word Samsux on purpose. I also refer to the Behold 2 as the SB2 and MoCliq for the Motorola Cliq.

But since it made you laugh, that was the goal. Though I cannot take credit for being the first to call the Vibrator (another poster did that, I simply borrowed it) by its better descriptive name, it fits, LOL
Last edited by NowVoyager; July 17th, 2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old July 17th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Keep to the facts...samsung said that "leak" of a galaxys 2 were faked and the guy who made up the rendering of the fake admited that he made it for a design project.
Old July 17th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Keep to the facts...samsung said that "leak" of a galaxys 2 were faked and the guy who made up the rendering of the fake admited that he made it for a design project.
Well that's certainly a shame would have made a great device probably expensive but great device nevertheless oh well.
Old July 17th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

I tell ya this...that would have been a monster of a device no doubt but if the gs2 was already ready that would be a very bad sign for the vibrant as it would already signal an end of life for the original gs. I'm sure there will be more s phones as it is part of a series of devices in the s-life brand. But to already be in testing before the original was released not the best sign IMO
Old July 17th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I tell ya this...that would have been a monster of a device no doubt but if the gs2 was already ready that would be a very bad sign for the vibrant as it would already signal an end of life for the original gs. I'm sure there will be more s phones as it is part of a series of devices in the s-life brand. But to already be in testing before the original was released not the best sign IMO

Thats true.
sponsored links
Old July 17th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
OFWGKTA

Device(s): EVO, DROID

If you 2 want to go back and forth at each other do it via PM next time. Infractions will be the next course of action if this continues.
Old July 17th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FR35H View Post
I just hate people dissing products for null reasons especially when its a great product in regards to everything basically. the only people able to compete performance wise with samsung is motorola. HTC can't compare. yeah it may get dual core first but you best believe once Samsung produces dual core at the same size it will out perform. Regardless of all the problems with samsung their build quality is excellent.

Its called being sensible. Diss and Boycott Samsung all you want but they are great competitors with their build quality and hardware.

In the mobile world today where else would you find an android phone with 16gb's built in? and still have an expandable 32gb's of storage? Motorola possibly but Samsung is cheaper and somewhat more efficient. Samsung is forever adapting to the popular market and bringing something new. In America the first Amoled device was the BH2 guess who caught on? everyone. Now they created Super Amoled and you know who will catch on eventually? everyone.
Whether the phone has impeccable specs or not, the company BEHIND it and their policies toward their users are what mean the most to me ongoing. Can you trust that company to stand behind that phone? Or will that phone have an early EOL?

Regarding purchasing a phone on specs alone: If one disposes of a phone each time a new one drops, the above becomes a moot point. If you are only planning to keep your phone for a short time, I understand this logic.

To those of us with families who need to watch our bottom line, it is important to do our due diligence and spend wisely. The most glaring point for me is that this company has a proven abandonment rate which cannot be ignored. "Once bitten, twice shy."

No company is previewing a phone today with lousy specs. It's a competitive playing field. That being said, tomorrow's phones will have greater specs and so on. The Galaxy is not the be-all-end-all in cell phones.

Tmo is said to be dropping at least 6 new Android phones before the year ends. 3 - Motos, 2 - HTC'S and 1 LG. - I don't for one moment believe that ANY of these phones will be under-spec'd. - Which means that I don't have to compromise my integrity to NOT patronize Samsux, in order to get a top-of-the-line Android phone.

There are two supposed Tmo branded HTC's that interest me coming down the pike: The Vanguard and the Emerald Project (either of which may be my formerly named HTC Desire).

Until then, my warranty replacement will suffice.

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2