Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 23rd, 2010, 06:53 PM   #51 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Well, I got mine on sale originally for free with a new 2 year contract. Trust me the subsidy inside that 2year contract means you're still partially paying for the phone.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:08 PM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s): Behold 2 w/ BH_MAN Galaxy 1.6 / R7 Do Not PM me With Problem's Post in Thread!

Thanked 1,678 Times in 433 Posts

Please RT! Looking For a Free Behold 2 or Bricked Behold 2. Must not be Stolen. nor have Water Damage!

I still have a Behold 2 Listed on the Account, but did a Swap at the tmo store ( Don't ask ) lol..
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:10 PM   #53 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanks for the tip masterotaku, I might look into it but idk if I have the kind of negotiation skills needed lol
Old July 24th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #54 (permalink)

Device(s): Vibrant, g2x, epic 4g touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007shinobi View Post
Thanks for the tip masterotaku, I might look into it but idk if I have the kind of negotiation skills needed lol
there's not much to negotiating... to be honest. just explain your issues, state what they need to do to fix them, and don't budge on it. as long as it's not too ridiculous, they'll eventually cave. tmobile is all about customer service, they thrive on making their customers happy. but it doesn't take much to negotiate, just put your foot down. don't budge, don't agree to anything until they start leaning towards what you want. if they feel that you have reason enough to get what you want, then they will do so. it's all about what issues you have been having, how persistant you have been on contacting tmo about those issues, and what they have tried to fix them issues. if you try to fix it, and grow impatient, then they will become open to other options, in order to make you happy. just be persistant, and don't budge.
Old July 24th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanks nemesys06 for the comment, apparently androidforums does have many good members lol or at least it outweighs the bad. I hope to see the results I want, so I can also add to this thread as a person with the vibrant . Only problem is, I am guessing T-mobile Corporate is probably not operating at this time.
Old July 25th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #56 (permalink)

Device(s): Current: HTC ReZound OS: 2.3.4 Stock, Coby 7015 Tablet OS: 2.3.1 Rooted, Retired: Samsung Behol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesys06 View Post
tmobile is all about customer service, they thrive on making their customers happy.
Wow, do you work for TMO or something? cause this does not sound like TMO to me.

I am still awaiting a $150 gift card from them for almost a year over the whole data loss issue with the sidekicks. I have called and called and called. So far I found out they are having a issue with the company that issues the gift cards at first reps were blaming Microsoft/Danger for this.

I think I am going to call that number and ask for the executive Customer service though, in regards to what is owed to me.

Though I too have ongoing issues with the behold 2 as well, such as pictures not saving or becoming corrupted on save and other issues. I will wait until Tmo has some better android based phone on the market. The Galaxy phones seem cool, but by the end of the year there are supposed to be better phones.

Thanks to someone who did not know what they were doing when updating my phone and service contract when I got the BH2 (Cause I also got a 2nd line with a blackberry for my GF), I am still on my original voice contract from my Sidekick and I am at the 2 year mark now on it. This way I can upgrade to a better phone and stay away from Samsung all together.

Also one useful tip for those who are attempting to get a better phone. Use the chat available on t-mo's website to contact support about the issues, so this way there is a paper trail of you experiencing issues with the phone. Print the log at the end to pdf and save that!.

This is the best legal way for you. Using droid apps that record the call can be illegal if not disclosed to t-mo when you call them. Not to mention that some companies reserve the right to disconnect the call if you announce you are recording the conversation. Reps over the phone do not notate everything discussed and calls are randomly recorded, so your call may or not be recorded.

I have worked in Technical support for several ISP's for the past 5 years and I am currently working in Technical Support for a School; The basic rule of thumb for them, if its not noted in the ticket, it did not happen.

Trust and believe that when I had all of my issues with the side kick, prior to the data loss (My last straw) only certain things were noted and it was not to my advantage on the notes.
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:18 AM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadinside View Post
Wow, do you work for TMO or something? cause this does not sound like TMO to me.

I am still awaiting a $150 gift card from them for almost a year over the whole data loss issue with the sidekicks. I have called and called and called. So far I found out they are having a issue with the company that issues the gift cards at first reps were blaming Microsoft/Danger for this.

I think I am going to call that number and ask for the executive Customer service though, in regards to what is owed to me.

T-Mobile is certainly the best customer service out of them all. No sarcasm at all.
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #58 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FR35H View Post
T-Mobile is certainly the best customer service out of them all. No sarcasm at all.
Depressing but true.
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:49 AM   #59 (permalink)

i have been in the chat rooms a number of times, telling them about the issues i have had with the behold2. i do not work for tmobile... i just letting you know my experience with them. i have sent my behold2 in a number of times, and the last time, it didn't work from the very second i turned it on. i have sent a few emails, and got tired of this BS. after a couple of days i have finally got rid of the behold2 and moved onto a different phone. as for the customer service, as frustrating as i have been with the behold2, the service reps have done everything they could within their power to help. it's more than you can say about other carriers... such as sprint! for those still having problems, all you can do is keep in touch with customer service and tech support. send out emails, and mail out letters. be patient, as hard as it may be... and it'll pay off in the end. remember, just cause you don't get the results you really want in the end, doesn't mean the CSR isn't doing their jobs. they can only do so much within their power, and cannot bypass the system. that's when you move on up the chain of command.
Old July 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #60 (permalink)

Device(s):

Well that failed -_-. I've been placed on hold for awhile (of course thats reasonable since their executive corporates). However, all they could do for me was to either exchange the behold 2 for another or give me their "full discount" of the phone. I guess I should try again tomorrow
sponsored links
Old July 26th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #61 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Quote:
Well that failed -_-. I've been placed on hold for awhile (of course thats reasonable since their executive corporates). However, all they could do for me was to either exchange the behold 2 for another or give me their "full discount" of the phone. I guess I should try again tomorrow
if you go for the full discount, would you be able to keep the BH2. Because you could probably sell it for most of the "full discount" price.
Old July 26th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #62 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC G1, Samsung Behold 2, Samsung Vibrant, HTC G2, My Touch 4g, Droid X, Droid 2 Global, Droid 3

i called, e-mailed, and even went in to the tmobile i got the behold 2 from. i got satisfaction. i was on the everything more plus plan so i was paying monthly installments on the phone. i managed to 1. get them to pay the rest of the phone off ($220). 2. put the 6 months of 15 dollar installments i had paid on the behold 2 towards a different phone.

I ended up getting a Gravity 3. While still a samsung product, its not the behold 2. and that makes me happy.
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #63 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Sensation 4G, MyTouch 3G Slide

Not android either...why? Why did you go from a smartphone down to a feature phone? I don't get it. Why not the slide or the now free mytouch 1.2 or hell even the devil spawn that is the vibrant (yes samsung sucks but the vib is alright)?
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #64 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC G1, Samsung Behold 2, Samsung Vibrant, HTC G2, My Touch 4g, Droid X, Droid 2 Global, Droid 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by behold_this View Post
Not android either...why? Why did you go from a smartphone down to a feature phone? I don't get it. Why not the slide or the now free mytouch 1.2 or hell even the devil spawn that is the vibrant (yes samsung sucks but the vib is alright)?
didnt have the money to. only 80$ from it. so if i were to get a my touch i would have had to pay another 100 or so. besides i was getting the gravity 3 for a deal. normally its 179, i got it for 80. im not going to complain. it does basic (all i need) web browsing, and it has social buzz for my facebook fix. it has a 2.0mp camera which actually takes very decent pictures, and i quite like having a keyboard. i've had a g1, bh2, and an iphone. smart phones are awesome but ive had my fix for awhile. ill take a feature phone which is a step up from dumbphone but step down from smart phone. good enough for me. saves me $$$ a month.

besides theres no mega smartphones that are android that have a keyboard. a vibrant would be nice or an evo but im done with touch screens when it comes to texting. i want a keyboard. which means my optinos are mytouch slide (no thank you), droid (meh), or g1 (antique)
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #65 (permalink)

That's cool if it works for you. I don't think I could ever go back personally. keyboard or not if i were you I would have thought about the original mytouch for free cause that's it's price now, but if you need a keyboard I can understand your decision, at least it's not a behold 2 right?
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
That's cool if it works for you. I don't think I could ever go back personally. keyboard or not if i were you I would have thought about the original mytouch for free cause that's it's price now, but if you need a keyboard I can understand your decision, at least it's not a behold 2 right?
i think im confusing you.

because im on the ''everything more PLUS'' plan, i pay for phones full price but get the lower price per month. once you go to everythingmoreplus plan, you cannot go back to everything more. so that means the 80 i paid in monthly installments went toward whatever phone i wanted. thus if i wanted a mytouch i would have had to pay 299 - 80 = 219.

she gave me a sweet deal on the gravity 3. i didnt have to spend a dime more.
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #67 (permalink)

i personally would find it hard going back to buttons. i thought about getting the mytouch slide, however i don't like the slide out keyboards. and i love the android OS.
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Ghost` View Post
i think im confusing you.

because im on the ''everything more PLUS'' plan
Not confused at all I know the different plans I just glossed over the part were you said "plus" before so I didn't realize you were off contract cause you can pay over time on both plans...I just wasn't paying attention...my bad...makes more sense now.
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:05 AM   #69 (permalink)

Device(s): Current: HTC ReZound OS: 2.3.4 Stock, Coby 7015 Tablet OS: 2.3.1 Rooted, Retired: Samsung Behol

Quote:
Lolz

That is an ironic statement. AT&T, Tmo, Cricket, Sprint and a ton of others, with the exception of Verizon use the same third party contract call center. Most notably Teleperformance. Verizon Wireless is the only company I know that is still "in house" The rest of Verizon products rely on 3rd party companies to provide technical support.

http://www.teleperformance.com/uploadedFiles/Global_Portal/Resource_Library/Articles/Journal%2013%20Outsourcing%20for%20the%20Telecommu nications.pdf

Teleperformance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Teleperformance USA: Call Center Of Customer Service Nightmares - The Consumerist

The reason I know this dirty little secret? I used to work for this company as technical support. I worked my way up the ladder to a Quality Analyst lead.

Most American reps starting rates with them are $8.50-$9.00 a hour. The call center gets paid per call handled and each project per contact center makes millions of dollars a month mis-handling calls. 75% of the reps despise their job there and 70% quit within 90 days of working there. This company is the wal-mart of call centers and faced a class action lawsuit regarding OT pay and denying breaks and lunches to employees.
Old July 27th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #70 (permalink)

Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadinside View Post
Lolz

That is an ironic statement. AT&T, Tmo, Cricket, Sprint and a ton of others, with the exception of Verizon use the same third party contract call center. Most notably Teleperformance. Verizon Wireless is the only company I know that is still "in house" The rest of Verizon products rely on 3rd party companies to provide technical support.

http://www.teleperformance.com/uploadedFiles/Global_Portal/Resource_Library/Articles/Journal%2013%20Outsourcing%20for%20the%20Telecommu nications.pdf

Teleperformance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Teleperformance USA: Call Center Of Customer Service Nightmares - The Consumerist

The reason I know this dirty little secret? I used to work for this company as technical support. I worked my way up the ladder to a Quality Analyst lead.

Most American reps starting rates with them are $8.50-$9.00 a hour. The call center gets paid per call handled and each project per contact center makes millions of dollars a month mis-handling calls. 75% of the reps despise their job there and 70% quit within 90 days of working there. This company is the wal-mart of call centers and faced a class action lawsuit regarding OT pay and denying breaks and lunches to employees.

ironic? not at all. A factual statement? yes.

Unsupported Browser

All I hear from Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint customer service is how bad their customer service. Especially from verizon.
sponsored links
Old July 27th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #71 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Google Nexus 7 (32GB Model)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
ironic? not at all. A factual statement? yes.

Unsupported Browser

All I hear from Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint customer service is how bad their customer service. Especially from verizon.
It is not what they say that makes them better. It is what T-mobile lets them do to help out customers. Sprint does not have a no lemon policy on their phones I know that. My girlfriend's sister's Samsung Moment has been services at least 4 times since she got it in May.
Old July 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #72 (permalink)

Device(s):

Assuming that usually upgrades allow you to keep your phone, yes I believe so. I was talking to a guy named Ralph, and I have read some blogs and posts about Ralph and apparently he does not seem to be a great guy to talk to about issues.

edit: has anybody else received a vibrant for free?
Last edited by 007shinobi; July 28th, 2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old July 28th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #73 (permalink)

Screw the Vibrant!

myTouch 3G HD Coming To T-Mobile? | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more
Old July 28th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #74 (permalink)

Device(s):

Alright.. well it took a couple weeks but i talked to the ceo's assistant.. or whom ever it was.. and i had great results!

1. get to keep the behold 2
2. because im doing installments.. they did like the other guy.. pay off what i owed on the phone (roughly $300) and put my 8 installment payments toward the phone of my choice.
3. I chose the mytouch slide

so now i got the behold 2.. which im going to sell immediatly as soon as i get the slide! im excited to get rid of the phone finally! ive only used my buddies slide for about an hour... so hopefully it lives up to my expectations over the course of me having it for awhile... unlike the behold 2.. which i had good expectations of.. and loved for the first month or so.. and then went downhill quickly!
Old July 28th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathclutch View Post
Alright.. well it took a couple weeks but i talked to the ceo's assistant.. or whom ever it was.. and i had great results!

1. get to keep the behold 2
2. because im doing installments.. they did like the other guy.. pay off what i owed on the phone (roughly $300) and put my 8 installment payments toward the phone of my choice.
3. I chose the mytouch slide

so now i got the behold 2.. which im going to sell immediatly as soon as i get the slide! im excited to get rid of the phone finally! ive only used my buddies slide for about an hour... so hopefully it lives up to my expectations over the course of me having it for awhile... unlike the behold 2.. which i had good expectations of.. and loved for the first month or so.. and then went downhill quickly!
The Slide is great hardware. Not a powerhouse phone but it will do what you need it to do. It even has working GPS
Old July 28th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #76 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl1119 View Post
The Slide is great hardware. Not a powerhouse phone but it will do what you need it to do. It even has working GPS

well, the ones i have used seem to be substantially faster then the bh2... with that said.. i dont play games or watch movies on my phone. (maybe short youtube clips.. couple every 2 or 3 months? lol) i mainly use it for web/email and camera phone(which samsung did pretty well with)... so i couldnt think of a better phone! Having used the qwerty keyboard on the slide, i really like it better than software! but i mostly used the qwerty for long emails/texts and forums lol.. i found short messages that swype works great for! and since ive been using swype for months now on the bh2, ive gotten pretty good at it! So in short.. i dont really need a power house phone which is why i went with it.....oh yea.. and im sticking to my guns by not supporting samsungs cellphone products! ( i have samsung big screen and desktop monitor.... both of which are and have performed amazing!... samsung should stick to those and get away from cellphones imho)

what do you mean by working gps? i thought the gps worked on the bh2.. atleast for me! or is it an accuracy thing?
Last edited by deathclutch; July 28th, 2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old July 28th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #77 (permalink)

He's referring to the vibrants gps issues which there is a fix for on xda but you shouldn't have to fix it! It should work outta the box which many units did not! Samsung FTL
The Following User Says Thank You to behold_this For This Useful Post:
deathclutch (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #78 (permalink)

Device(s):

yeah i agree.. especially something like gps!
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
He's referring to the vibrants gps issues which there is a fix for on xda but you shouldn't have to fix it! It should work outta the box which many units did not! Samsung FTL
FTL=for the loss?
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #80 (permalink)

Device(s):

I'm assuming nobody else got the vibrant for free? lol
sponsored links
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
I probably could if I wanted it

Got rhe Behold 2, cliq, and Mytouch Slide free.

I will wait for the Mytouch HD to push my luck again
Old July 29th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #82 (permalink)

Device(s):

Well guys its official I did what Masterotaku did and wrote Robert Dotson last night expressing all my problems with my Behold 2 and the promise of 2.0. The next day in the morning i receive a call from one of the executive reps and she asked me what has been going on. I explained everything and she cut me off in the middle of my sentence and said "How bout we just send you 2 Samsung Vibrants to replace yours and your wifes behold 2s." So yeah they sending me 2 vibrants no more behold 2 =D
Old July 29th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #83 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanks for the advice Masterotaku. If it wasn't for you I probably would be stuck with the behold 2 till my contract was up.
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #84 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

i could have, however i expressed my concern for how shotty of a company samsung is when it comes to cellphone devices... and how i didnt trust them to make a "decent" phone
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl1119 View Post
FTL=for the loss?
you are correct sir
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
no i took my free slide two months ago!
Old July 29th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #87 (permalink)

Device(s): 3 Nexus S 4G's, Ex-Samsung Vibrant, Ex-MyTouch Slide, Ex-Motorola Cliq, Ex-Samsung Behold 2, E

Send a message via AIM to the1who Send a message via MSN to the1who Send a message via Yahoo to the1who Send a message via Skype™ to the1who

What is the area code of the number you're getting on the incoming calls from Dotson's office? Just so I won't skip it when I am busy working else wise. I have wrote to them Monday, have yet to receive a call.
Old July 29th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #88 (permalink)

just to be clear guys the phone call does not come for dotson's personal office or personal assistant! it comes from "assistants to the president" in the "office of the president, executive response division" which is actually located in new mexico. dotson's office is in bellevue, washington! its kinda like how the white house cheif of staff doesn't work in the presidents office (oval office) but still works in the office of the presidency.

the phone number for you to call is 877-290-6323, however, the number they call you on will be local (new mexico) at least it was for me. to use the number though you will need an extension of someone in the office.
Last edited by behold_this; July 29th, 2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #89 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1who View Post
What is the area code of the number you're getting on the incoming calls from Dotson's office? Just so I won't skip it when I am busy working else wise. I have wrote to them Monday, have yet to receive a call.
I received the call from 1-800-937-8997. And Behold_this is right they are located in Albuquerque, NM. I can't believe they haven't called you yet, i wrote them the email at 8pm at night and the next day at 11AM i receive a call from them and got my Vibrants coming
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:31 PM   #90 (permalink)

It took me three days from my email to them calling me. Then I waited about a week for the slide to be released. The lady called me back again the day the slide came out (June 2) and let me know my phone was being shipped three day select from ups and apologized again and yada yada phone showed up only 2 days later. They hooked it up to 2nd day air! It was a nice surprise.
sponsored links
Old July 30th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #91 (permalink)

for those who are avoiding the vibrant because of the mess samsung made with the behold2, i have to tell you that you are missing out on a great phone. i am loving the vibrant. as for the support, i highly doubt the support will be as bad for the vibrant as it was for the behold2. the galaxy s line is samsung's baby. they will support it alot better than any other phone they released. the biggest difference between the galaxy s line and their other android phones... in the past, each phone was completely different. look at the samsung moment, and the behold2. both were way different from eachother, inside and out, so to upgrade, they had to create two firmware updates. now, with the galaxy s lineup, all phones are practically the same, with each carrier having their own perks to each galaxy phone. because of this, all samsung has to do now is create one firmware update for all phones, with maybe very minor tweaks to fit each version of the phone. it'll be alot easier and cheaper for samsung to do this. and with the effort they are putting behind the galaxy s, i have alot of faith in samsung and the galaxy s(vibrant). that is why i don't think this will be a repeat of the behold2, and those with sour feelings towards samsung, should give them one more chance. let them redeem themselves... and as for touchwiz, vibrant does have touchwiz 3.0, and i have to admit that i am loving it. it is much better and more reliable then the touchwiz interface we had on the behold2.
Last edited by nemesys06; July 30th, 2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old July 30th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesys06 View Post
for those who are avoiding the vibrant because of the mess samsung made with the behold2, i have to tell you that you are missing out on a great phone. i am loving the vibrant. as for the support, i highly doubt the support will be as bad for the vibrant as it was for the behold2. the galaxy s line is samsung's baby. they will support it alot better than any other phone they released. the biggest difference between the galaxy s line and their other android phones... in the past, each phone was completely different. look at the samsung moment, and the behold2. both were way different from eachother, inside and out, so to upgrade, they had to create two firmware updates. now, with the galaxy s lineup, all phones are practically the same, with each carrier having their own perks to each galaxy phone. because of this, all samsung has to do now is create one firmware update for all phones, with maybe very minor tweaks to fit each version of the phone. it'll be alot easier and cheaper for samsung to do this. and with the effort they are putting behind the galaxy s, i have alot of faith in samsung and the galaxy s(vibrant). that is why i don't think this will be a repeat of the behold2, and those with sour feelings towards samsung, should give them one more chance. let them redeem themselves... and as for touchwiz, vibrant does have touchwiz 3.0, and i have to admit that i am loving it. it is much better and more reliable then the touchwiz interface we had on the behold2.
I am past the whole Support factor. At this point I am mearly holding out for the next generation of processors (ie 2GHz, dual core, etc) and more RAM.

The Hummingbird is a nice processor and spanks the Snapdragon hands down. But it is still only 1GHz at heart.

When we get to the next generation and I am looking at phones I may consider Samsung but if HTC has a closely spec'd device I will choose HTC. Just a preference.
Old July 30th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #93 (permalink)
psz

Device(s): Samsung Vibrant

^^^^

This. That is the main reason I'm not bothering with an update now. 2Ghz and/or Multi-core procs. By that time, too, 3D accelerators will be better on the phones. And 4G will be more than standard :-P
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #94 (permalink)

i was given the choice of a free upgrade, and went with the vibrant. i do see dual core processors in the near future, whether it be 2 GHz, or more or less, we will have to see. The dual core 2GHz processor mentioned on the galaxy s successor was peer speculation, but is probably going to be close. But then again, that is probably also a year away. which, by then i'll be at the end of my contract. I know i seen that Qualcomm has been working on two different processors, one is a 1.3GHz snapdragon, and the other is a dual core 750-800GHz processor. can't quite remember exactly where the official number was. none the less, those are probably ready to be implemented into the next wave of phones. that's probably what it'll take to get them to keep up with the Hummingbird processor. the next wave of phones i don't think will be much more than what we are seeing right now, but next year, probably summer, is when we'll see the next major jump. that's my opinion at least!
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #95 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hey guys, may I ask what assistants you got? The guy I got was Ralph. I want to see if its only this guy not helping others. Btw, how did you go about to get your free phone nemesys06? The only reason I was going to try to get a free upgrade was because I don't I will be able to get the 2 ghz phone as a free upgrade. Oh yeah btw, 750-800 ghz? xD I know that is a normal typo but if only things like that exist O_O
Old July 30th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #96 (permalink)

Device(s):

I am another uphappy BH II owner. I wish I could check this thread before I called TMO. It was the 2nd time I called TMO for BH II issues. A guy offered a replaced BH II, but I have to pay $9.99 shipping fee. is that normal?? Should I call them again and tell them to cancel the replacement? instead, I write an email to Mr. Dotson to complain my phone?

Thanks
Last edited by shahn18; July 31st, 2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old July 30th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #97 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hello shahn18, I recommend giving an email to robert dotson. Apparently, calling them will either give you nothing, or the vibrant if your lucky. However, if I analyze correctly, I think taking the email method is the way to go. Even if it will take some persistence, I think it will work. If you do get a vibrant for free, please do give me a pm so I can prove my hypothesis. I am also thinking of doing this method.
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:30 AM   #98 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Hello shahn18, I recommend giving an email to robert dotson. Apparently, calling them will either give you nothing, or the vibrant if your lucky. However, if I analyze correctly, I think taking the email method is the way to go. Even if it will take some persistence, I think it will work. If you do get a vibrant for free, please do give me a pm so I can prove my hypothesis. I am also thinking of doing this method.

Yes, I am going to send an email to Mr. Dotson. But do I need to call TMO first and ask them not to ship the replacement, which is another BH II? Otherwise, when someone in Executive Customer Service Team gets my email, checks my account and finds a replacement has been shipped, he/she would say, "you already got a solution".

BTW, everybody who got a replacement, vibrant or not, was charged a shipping fee like me??? I though it should be their responsibility.

Thanks again
Old July 31st, 2010, 01:11 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey guys, may I ask what assistants you got? The guy I got was Ralph. I want to see if its only this guy not helping others. Btw, how did you go about to get your free phone nemesys06? The only reason I was going to try to get a free upgrade was because I don't I will be able to get the 2 ghz phone as a free upgrade. Oh yeah btw, 750-800 ghz? xD I know that is a normal typo but if only things like that exist O_O

i meant 750-800 MHz... not GHz... lmao!
Old July 31st, 2010, 01:16 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahn18 View Post
Yes, I am going to send an email to Mr. Dotson. But do I need to call TMO first and ask them not to ship the replacement, which is another BH II? Otherwise, when someone in Executive Customer Service Team gets my email, checks my account and finds a replacement has been shipped, he/she would say, "you already got a solution".

BTW, everybody who got a replacement, vibrant or not, was charged a shipping fee like me??? I though it should be their responsibility.

Thanks again
i didn't pay anything for shipping. never have. i have a couple other phones on my account, blackberries to be exact. i am paying enough for my service, the last thing i need is to pay even more everytime i need to replace my phone. as for emailing dotson, it will go to the executive branch. they do things on a case to case basis. the results one person got, might be different from what you get. it depends on the situation... i.e. how many issues you had with the phone, how many times you exchanged it, how often you contacted customer service and so forth. i am finally happy, and have a reliable phone. like i said, i have an android phone and two black berries, i am paying alot for my service. since i am paying top dollars, i expect top notch service.
The Following User Says Thank You to nemesys06 For This Useful Post:
shahn18 (July 31st, 2010)

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2