Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 29th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #151 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Sensation 4G, MyTouch 3G Slide
Carrier: Not Provided

Thank you T-Mobile!!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old May 29th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #152 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by behold_this View Post
Thank you T-Mobile!!
Something happen? Or is that sarcasm :-P
Old May 29th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #153 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

<-------- They took care of me
Old May 30th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #154 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Vibrant

Quote:
<-------- They took care of me
Took care of you or gave you a "discount" on the Slide? Any money coming out of your pocket isn't "taking care of you," just so we're clear on that.
Old May 30th, 2010, 02:57 AM   #155 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Clear
Old May 30th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #156 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH_MAN View Post
To Sign the Petition to Help Make Samsung Keep there Word:
Samsung Needs to Stick to Their Word - Behold 2 Update

To Get the New's Story Posted Vist:
http://www.androidspin.com/2010/05/2...hold-ii-users/

http://androidheadlines.com/2010/05/...onsidered.html

http://www.tmonews.com/2010/05/samsu...2-as-promised/

http://phandroid.com/2010/05/26/is-s...old-ii-update/

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog...android-style/

Please Help, Every Signature Counts..

Thanks,
Eugene

Added Info:

Spec. Sheet that is on Par.
Samsung Behold II Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

Issue's with Behold 2 are:

Dailer Hangs / Force Closes Randomly when Using
Drop Calls ( Never had an Issue on Cliq / G1 / MyTouch )
Launcher Lags & Super Slow
No Update's regarding OS, still stuck on Android 1.5
Samsung promo said we would get 2.0 once it was Avail. ( This was Before 2.0 was released ) Now Samsung Has Removed the Video..
Samsung Has Confirmed that the Behold 2 will Not be Upgraded to 2.X, ( Only Reason I had Bought was due to them Promoting it would be )
Battery only last about 8hr at most if using for txt's & Web, plus a few calls in there.... ( The Cliq & MyTouch easily lasted all day with Much more Use )
SD Card is Constantly getting Error's and Needs reformatted ( Lose of Data is weekly )
SD Card is Constantly un-mounting & Remount its self.
Phone Does not Sleep Correctly after a Phone Call
Display Setting to sleep after 15 seconds causes the phone not to sleep at all..
Randomly Reboots
Battery Does not Charge Fully when the Phone is Off and Charging.
Randomly gets a Black screen ( Froze ) & a battery pull is needed.

Phone Could easily support 2.X

System Memory is 205MB
Video Memory 64MB
Data Storage is 153MB
CPU is 768Mhz that Samsung Crippled to 528Mhz max
Thank you, BH_MAN!

I have long said that the issue is not merely a breach of promise, but also the fact that the Samsung Behold 2 is a lemon of a phone! Now that we have all the facts in one place that includes the Known Issues and System information (which shows that the Behold 2 is capable of an upgrade but seems to be having that upgrade withheld), along with the petition, we now have something concrete to deliver to our Attorneys General, Consumer Advocates, the buying community at large via Social Media, and Samsung itself.

What To Do With This Information:

Please remember to post these links on Facebook, Twitter and Blog sites. If you are on a major list or group on Facebook (and the conversation turns to Android or cell phones etc) place a link in that thread to THIS thread to make people aware of the issue.

For example if on Facebook you are a member of a group that is discussing the iPhone, you can enter the conversation and talk about the Android Community's feisty-ness and point to this thread.

The goal is to get people talking and thinking about our issue. It doesn't matter if they disagree...the goal is to create awareness!

Lastly, copy BH_Man's above post and send it to your Attorney General, post it on your blog if you have one, send it to online communities and of course send a copy to Samsung Corporate - to let them know that we are aware that the Behold 2 is capable of an upgrade to 2.x...so WHERE IS IT??? - The inference is, that we were lied to when told that the Behold 2 is incapable of the upgrade.
Last edited by NowVoyager; May 30th, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old May 30th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #157 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

the OP includes all this info, as well as more, in a little bit clearer and more concise manner. i've also included thank yous to all those that have contributed (like BH_MAN, along with others like spiz and yahma).
Last edited by behold_this; May 30th, 2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old May 30th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #158 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatimameiji View Post
I'm a regular reader of The Consumerist and one of there highly recommended techniques for getting a response out of a company is the Electronic Email Carpet Bomb. Basically you send a mass email to anyone and everyone at the company worth sending to.

Here are two links with email addresses for execs and the like at Tmobile. I consider this to be both an issue with Tmobile as well as Samsung.

Contact T-Mobile Executive Customer Service - The Consumerist
Take Your Tmobile Complaints To The Tippity-Top - The Consumerist

I plan on sending a letter soon, and it would be great if everyone else could send something as well.
Small Claims Court threat worked with me, which I got from consumerist.

Seriously though, Consumerist is the FIRST thing in my Google Reader and improves the quality of my life.
Old May 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #159 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame3202 View Post
Hopefully T-mobile has a little more pull. But I'm with you BH_MAN, I have had pretty good customer service from t-mobile. I'll keep this updated if I get new info.
We pay T-mo, they should take care of this. If someone sells you a phone and supports it and they get all of your money, how are they NOT in some way responsible for this?

They bought the damn phone from samsung and support it, they may seem like they are in the middle but frankly they are responsible in my mind for solving this. (which they did for me with a FREE mytouch slide)

Case in point, t-mo is getting off the hook when they are just as much to blame for this as Samsung IMO. If they let samsung **** us all, they are now responsible for unfucking us.

Who do we send our $$$ to again?
Old May 30th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Clear
Seriously? I may need to give TMo a call this week.
sponsored links
Old May 30th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #161 (permalink)

Device(s):

So behold how exactly did they take care of you, and what were the options
Old May 31st, 2010, 01:36 AM   #162 (permalink)

Device(s):

I will be calling tomorrow to see what happens.
Old May 31st, 2010, 02:06 PM   #163 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus S, Asus Transformer Prime, HTC Magic, Moto Flipout, HTC Dream

Quote:
Ok, for the people using T-mo to cover their phones, we really shouldn't do that yet guys. Why should T-mobile have to pay for Samsung's f up? If they are willing to, then great, but we should find out what happens first.
While it may not be T-Mo's fault there is a very good reason to go after T-Mo, rather than just Samsung alone... power.

Samsung is huge, and no matter how many of you there are, you will be seen as individuals (and thus small) to Samsung, especially when they can treat you as individuals (since you have to contact customer service separately).

T-Mobile, however, has power over Samsung as a LARGE company with buying power.

Demand that T-mobile go to Samsung on your behalf to get the update. tell T-Mobile that you will embarrass them online loudly and make sure that anyone considering making a purchase on an Android phone from T-Mobile will know going in that they might just end up screwed.

If you can get T-Mo on your side, they will have the power to convince Samsung to do something. This is what we had to do when HTC said they wouldn't update the Magic (in Canada).

Emails and calls to HTC did nothing, because they are big, and users are small, but once we targeted Rogers Wireless, Rogers demanded that HTC give us the update, because Rogers was facing a PR nightmare.

Make T-Mo sweat!

Google+
Old May 31st, 2010, 05:55 PM   #164 (permalink)

Device(s):

I got 4 behold, and sold off 2 and now using 1 and have one brand new in the box. I was promise behold 2 2.x and now this. I will call them sometime this week, anyone else have any luck other then the 2 poster in page 3?

Still waiting for my Cliq Xt upgrade 2.x..... Samsung failed me...
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:48 PM   #165 (permalink)

Device(s):

Someone should try taking Samsung to small claims. They are the one who promised the 2.0 upgrade. I wonder what would happen...
Old June 1st, 2010, 01:38 PM   #166 (permalink)

Device(s):

My chat with Tmobile
Quote:
You have been connected to .
Tmo: Hi Steve , welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m xxx and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
Steve: No problem
Quote:
Tmo: Thank you.
Tmo: I see that you are inquiring about getting the update to your Samsung Behold 2 and not receiving a discount on upgrade purchases with the Even More Plus plan, is that correct?
Steve: Yes
Tmo: I would be happy to assist you with that today.
Tmo: I know how important it is for you to have that information.
Steve: I am concerned about the upgrade to the Behold 2 the most. The two main reasons for purchasing the phone was to 1. Be able to take pictures of my baby that's due in the next few days (and the Behold 2 has great camera software)
Steve: and 2. The ability to upgrade the phone.
Tmo: I can definitely understand that.
Steve: And I fear by switching to the EM+, I have lost the ability to have support for the phone
Tmo: With the Even More Plus plan, you are not eligible for discounted upgrades on phone purchases, but that does not mean you will not be eligible for the software upgrade on the Behold II, should it become available.
Steve: I understand that a 1.6 upgrade is in the works from Samsung, but I bought the phone with the understanding that it would be upgraded to a more current version.
Tmo: I can definitely understand that. Unfortunately, the update availability is managed by the manufacturer.
Steve: and T-mobile has no say in the support of the devices that they sell?
Tmo: We support the phone and the functionality of the service, but we are not in charge of the software updates.
Steve: Alright. Thank you for the help.
Tmo: You are very welcome.
Just what I thought, EM+ subscribers are getting screwed. I may call C/S directly when I get a moment, but just thought I'd put this up for others to see.
Last edited by SteveSlimer; June 1st, 2010 at 01:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveSlimer For This Useful Post:
jazzedmurf (June 1st, 2010)
Old June 1st, 2010, 02:15 PM   #167 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus S, Asus Transformer Prime, HTC Magic, Moto Flipout, HTC Dream

Quote:
Tmo: I can definitely understand that. Unfortunately, the update availability is managed by the manufacturer.
Steve: and T-mobile has no say in the support of the devices that they sell?
Tmo: We support the phone and the functionality of the service, but we are not in charge of the software updates.
This part above is complete BS. T-Mobile has buying power and can lean on HTC.

The only reason we got 2.1 for the Magic in Canada is because we leaned on our carrier (Rogers) and they leaned on HTC. Simple as that.

You need to keep punishing T-Mo. Embarrass them online. Find phone numbers and email addresses for management. Don't bother calling customer support, they are programmed drones who can't do anything.
Old June 1st, 2010, 02:25 PM   #168 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Google Nexus 7 (32GB Model)
Carrier: Verizon

A T-mobile rep just called me about my BBB complaint I told him my complaint was not with T-mobile but with Samsung and he told me that T-mobile is trying to work out a deal with Samsung along the lines of all Behold 2 customers getting the update promised, getting the next Samsung Android device on T-mobile(Galaxy S), or T-mobile no longer carrying their products and that I should see something released from T-mobile about this issue in the next month or so.
Old June 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM   #169 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl1119 View Post
A T-mobile rep just called me about my BBB complaint I told him my complaint was not with T-mobile but with Samsung and he told me that T-mobile is trying to work out a deal with Samsung along the lines of all Behold 2 customers getting the update promised, getting the next Samsung Android device on T-mobile(Galaxy S), or T-mobile no longer carrying their products and that I should see something released from T-mobile about this issue in the next month or so.
I'm still thinking that EM+ subscribers are screwed. Any of the "success stories" that I keep hearing about are for regular post-paid accounts. If I knew that I would be screwed even worse to switch to EM+ from my old grandfathered plan, I would have never switched in the first place.

*Edit*
In addition, I would be more than willing to pay the difference in unsubsidized price for the Galaxy S, but I do not think that anyone has mentioned that alternative.
Last edited by SteveSlimer; June 1st, 2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old June 1st, 2010, 02:42 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlimer View Post
I'm still thinking that EM+ subscribers are screwed. Any of the "success stories" that I keep hearing about are for regular post-paid accounts. If I knew that I would be screwed even worse to switch to EM+ from my old grandfathered plan, I would have never switched in the first place.

*Edit*
In addition, I would be more than willing to pay the difference in unsubsidized price for the Galaxy S, but I do not think that anyone has mentioned that alternative.
If this is true then it will help everyone.

There is no way Samsung will give everyone a new phone. NOT HAPPENING.

Samsung currently has nearly 20 phones out now and I am sure a few others ready to be released on T-mobile and all of them are T-mobile branded so they can't just take there stock to AT&T. NOT HAPPENING.

Their only option that won't cost them tens of millions of dollars is to develop 2.X.

Heck I bet Eugene would do it for a few thousand bucks if he had all the tools lol.
sponsored links
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:30 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you actually used them before? I ask cause the walmart site says it's only good at walmart or walmart.com

here is the quote from their site:

"Walmart is providing its customers with a fast, safe and easy way to trade in or recycle electronics. The program is powered by Gazelle, the nation's largest consumer electronics reCommerce service. Our online calculator will determine a value for your items. You send your items to Gazelle and are paid with Walmart Prepaid Visa Cards, which can be used for purchases at Walmart.com or Walmart stores. When items have no trade in value, Gazelle will recycle them responsibly, free of charge. The program accepts items in over 20 categories and is growing every day."

Walmart Electronics Trade In Program
As far as I understand it is sent a prepaid visa which would mean a green dot card.

See here: https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/AcctMgmt/Controls/Walmart/Support/Products.aspx

Walmart giftcards would not use Visa they are just standard non-backed giftcards like this: Walmart.com: Basic Blue Gift Card: Gift Cards

But I will not promise that is the case, from the wording I would guess they are just saying you can spend it here kinda like when t-mobile was selling the Nexus One.......... did you expect them to say oh that phone works on AT&T too?
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM   #172 (permalink)

Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up

Quote:
As far as I understand it is sent a prepaid visa which would mean a green dot card.

See here: https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/AcctMgmt/Controls/Walmart/Support/Products.aspx

Walmart giftcards would not use Visa they are just standard non-backed giftcards like this: Walmart.com: Basic Blue Gift Card: Gift Cards

But I will not promise that is the case, from the wording I would guess they are just saying you can spend it here kinda like when t-mobile was selling the Nexus One.......... did you expect them to say oh that phone works on AT&T too?
Walmart gift cards can be used to buy regular prepaid visa cards that are good everywhere
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:36 PM   #173 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

so you haven't actually used it then? the web site seems to pretty clear say "prepaid walmart visa" and "good at walmart or walmart.com" i am familiar with green dot but there is no mention of green dot in the gazelle section so...yeah...confusing
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:17 PM   #174 (permalink)

Device(s):

called t mobile today and talked to the customer retention department,
was informed that they would give me the full upgrade credit % as if i was out of contract but that is it.

Was told that they have no knowledge of Samsung not upgrading teh phone and I would need to talk to the tech support at tmobile before they would do a swapout and if they did it would only be for another behold 2

I informed her that I was promised a upgrade to 2.0 when i bought the phone and she said that they have not been informed that here would be no upgrade

any Ideas how I can get a swap
Old June 1st, 2010, 10:44 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
so you haven't actually used it then? the web site seems to pretty clear say "prepaid walmart visa" and "good at walmart or walmart.com" i am familiar with green dot but there is no mention of green dot in the gazelle section so...yeah...confusing
Ok just to clear up some of the confusion regarding this.

Walmart is doing this through Gazelle. If you do it through Walmart, yes, your only option is to receive a Walmart card. Which is ******ed in my opinion.

I decided to go to Gazelle's website and do it directly through them. They have multiple options of payments, including a check and PayPal. So far I have not gone through with the entire thing, but I did start the process. A postage labeled box should arrive at my house in the next few days.

Assuming I can't sell this on Craigs List, I plan on sending my wife's and my BH2 in for $126 a piece. And then of course I'll use it towards the Slide.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiz For This Useful Post:
behold_this (June 1st, 2010)
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:39 PM   #176 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II

As an EM+ customer, I would prefer to straight-up swap the BH2 for the Galaxy S. Considering that Samsung is supposed to be releasing the Galaxy S in 110 countries this month, I think they could afford to make the swap happen. At least it would give us newer hardware without giving them our money.
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:54 PM   #177 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Well good luck with that
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:28 AM   #178 (permalink)

Device(s):

This friday I am paying the 200 ETF, and switching to sprint for the 4g. I've been happy with t-mo for the past 5-6 years, but it seems all of their customer reps don't give a shit anymore. Called 3 times and all I've gotten was "it is your sim card. Nobody else with that phone reports these issues. I can send you a new behold 2?" They just read the script of their monitor and don't come outside the box. For less than it would be for me to buy the slide (they said they couildn't give me any discount), I can cancel service and get the evo 4g... Which people on xda already have 2.2 on.

EDUT: And yes, I picked up a new sim card yesterday and GUESS WHAT!? SAME SHIT!
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:31 AM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
This friday I am paying the 200 ETF, and switching to sprint for the 4g. I've been happy with t-mo for the past 5-6 years, but it seems all of their customer reps don't give a shit anymore. Called 3 times and all I've gotten was "it is your sim card. Nobody else with that phone reports these issues. I can send you a new behold 2?" They just read the script of their monitor and don't come outside the box. For less than it would be for me to buy the slide (they said they couildn't give me any discount), I can cancel service and get the evo 4g... Which people on xda already have 2.2 on.

EDUT: And yes, I picked up a new sim card yesterday and GUESS WHAT!? SAME SHIT!
How many times have you swapped out your phone?
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:33 AM   #180 (permalink)

Device(s):

None, every time I called they didn't want to do anything and basically told me to wait for the update. I'm not wasting my time swapping the phone 3 times. I'm too busy for that.
sponsored links
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:39 AM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
None, every time I called they didn't want to do anything and basically told me to wait for the update. I'm not wasting my time swapping the phone 3 times. I'm too busy for that.
Ok...........

Just thought it would save you the $450

Once you have the issue on the second and third device (and hell even if you don't just lie to them like they lied to us) they will give you free rush delivery on your second and third device along with whatever one they put you into.......... and it should be easy getting the Slide at that point and you should be done with the whole process after about 4-5 calls to TMO and two weeks wait time tops.

It is worth it to me.

But to each his own....... hope you do not have ANY problems with Sprint because if you think TMO's customer support sucks....... oh boy.
Last edited by mwl1119; June 2nd, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:53 AM   #182 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzedmurf View Post
As an EM+ customer, I would prefer to straight-up swap the BH2 for the Galaxy S. Considering that Samsung is supposed to be releasing the Galaxy S in 110 countries this month, I think they could afford to make the swap happen. At least it would give us newer hardware without giving them our money.
There is no way that us EM+ subscribers would get a swap straight up. Rumored pricing is in the $700 range and the $490 that I paid for the phone wouldn't make sense. It's over $200 out of their (heavily lined) pockets. Personally, I would pay the difference between the two phones, but I'm not holding my breath that it would happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by behold_this
Well good luck with that
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:23 AM   #183 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II

-shrug- Just being optimistic.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:55 AM   #184 (permalink)

Device(s):

I called tmo today with the same results as im a EM+ i cant get the discount, otherwise I would have...Y did I switch!!!

I guess its sprint evo time or iphone 0s/4
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:37 PM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthecha1n View Post
I called tmo today with the same results as im a EM+ i cant get the discount, otherwise I would have...Y did I switch!!!

I guess its sprint evo time or iphone 0s/4
We might get the iPhone OS 4 but why would you want to betray your android brothers and sisters? lol jk
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:51 PM   #186 (permalink)

Ok I just called tmobile back and they said that whoever authorized my previous order for the MT3GS misinformed me.

I would in fact be billed for half of the phone ($33.33 for 3 months)

I am slightly ticked now. But I am not switching carriers.

Instead I am getting a Cliq for free. I love motoblur so all is good.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:58 PM   #187 (permalink)

Device(s): Behold 2 w/ BH_MAN Galaxy 1.6 / R7 Do Not PM me With Problem's Post in Thread!

Thanked 1,678 Times in 433 Posts

Quote:
Ok I just called tmobile back and they said that whoever authorized my previous order for the MT3GS misinformed me.

I would in fact be billed for half of the phone ($33.33 for 3 months)

I am slightly ticked now. But I am not switching carriers.

Instead I am getting a Cliq for free. I love motoblur so all is good.
so are you getting the slide or the cliq? or both
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:15 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH_MAN View Post
so are you getting the slide or the cliq? or both
Just the Cliq......... I know i know its stuck on 1.5 too

But I love motoblur..... I think it is the best UI out and now that the flipout is official with motoblur on 2.1 it should see an update.

I still keep my upgrade for a snapdragon powered phone when one becomes available.

They were going to send me just a blackberry but once I found out I was actually going to have to pay $100 bucks for the slide I argued with them for a Droid they offered the Cliq XT i told them I didn't want it because my girlfriend has that phone and would cause to much confusion.
Last edited by mwl1119; June 2nd, 2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Just the Cliq......... I know i know its stuck on 1.5 too

But I love motoblur..... I think it is the best UI out and now that the flipout is official with motoblur on 2.1 it should see an update.

I still keep my upgrade for a snapdragon powered phone when one becomes available.

They were going to send me just a blackberry but once I found out I was actually going to have to pay $100 bucks for the slide I argued with them for a Droid they offered the Cliq XT i told them I didn't want it because my girlfriend has that phone and would cause to much confusion.
The Cliq is scheduled for a 2.1 update good choice
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:06 PM   #190 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FR35H View Post
We might get the iPhone OS 4 but why would you want to betray your android brothers and sisters? lol jk
lol if we get it thats fine, im just so fed up over this behold crap. its funny as i switched to the no contract format for the behold! afetr 10yrs of a contract plan..Why!! and now thats preventing me from even getting the slide discount.
If we happen to get the iphone I may stay but if tmobile is now slipping in the android market, there summer flagship phone is crap next to the sprint evo. wtf t mobile
sponsored links
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FR35H View Post
The Cliq is scheduled for a 2.1 update good choice
Yeah I think I should be happy with it. I play with my gf's xt more than my own phone plus I wanted something with a keyboard.

Swype is awesome but you get smear marks on your screen making it impossible to see your screen in the sun.....plus I am sure there is an APK for swype seeing as how the XT has it.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:12 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthecha1n View Post
lol if we get it thats fine, im just so fed up over this behold crap. its funny as i switched to the no contract format for the behold! afetr 10yrs of a contract plan..Why!! and now thats preventing me from even getting the slide discount.
If we happen to get the iphone I may stay but if tmobile is now slipping in the android market, there summer flagship phone is crap next to the sprint evo. wtf t mobile
You can get the discount if you switch to the EM plans and sign a 2 year deal.................. Walmart has it for $130
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:21 PM   #193 (permalink)

Device(s):

yea i was thinking about it, I will wait though till this iphone announcement around the 7th and here some reviews on the evo before I decide if tmobile is worthy.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:02 PM   #194 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!

Quote:
Game, I am *so* with you on that! It is just a stall tactic. And while they are stalling the street value on the Behold 2 is plummeting...virtually eliminating our ability to sell this puppy on the street for any real money. The current price @ Tmo is $99...just two days ago, it was $149, at least giving me a shot at Craigslist for *something*. A $99 retail phone gives me nothing...
(yes, I know that Walmart is offering $126 but that leaves me with no phone for too long. Not an option.)

I hope that Google or some company succeeds in breaking up this monopoly of the big three.

The sweet thing is that my family has 15 unlimited lines between us. We are contemplating leaving Tmobile.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:17 PM   #195 (permalink)

Device(s):

Below is a LONG transcript of a live chat with tmobile, resulting in me calling them and being told that if I had the contract plan I could have got the phone (slide) for the upgrade price, but as I dont F#@k You lol .
nothing too important in it but if you want the slide this is the way to go.
I cut out the first guy they gave me as he was way out of his league and thought a new sim card may help!!

~Simon A has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the Support department to assist you.
You have been connected to ^Kayana J.
^Kayana J: Hi , welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m ^Kayana and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
Gareth : ok, thank you
^Kayana J: Thank you for your patience. We will be more than happy to assist you today.
^Kayana J: I do understand your concern Gareth. I would want my phone to be updated as well. Especially so the phone can have the most updated information. I will review more information for you today about the update.
Gareth : ok
^Kayana J: , did someone advised you that the Samsung Behold 2 wont be updated to 2.1?
Gareth : Yes, i first read it on the Internet, so I email samsung and they said it is "unupdatable" to 2.1 however it will get 1.6, which is what my old g1 had?
^Kayana J: unfornately Gareth we don't have any information available at this time for the 2.1 update.
Gareth : when I paid off my phone last week I asked a rep in the store and he pretty much told me the same thing, and said that 1.6 should be out in about 3 weeks.
^Kayana J: I do understand but we won't know any information about the update until the information is provided from Android.
Gareth : I understand that as you have not been told officially on the situation it hard to act on it, but either way it affects the phone with its current issues and no Im stuck with a less than par phone that cant be upgraded.
^Kayana J: We apologize for the inconvenience being that the information is not presented at this time. If something is wrong with the device we can always go through some steps to see if the issue can be resolved.
Gareth : ok, but if you can see previous note form past calls they have tried allot, but im will to give it another shot
^Kayana J: What is wrong with the device Gareth?
Gareth : "preparing sd card" notification several times a day putting all ringtones back to stock.
the phone is incapable of being typed on reasonably as stock as it is so laggy
^Kayana J: Okay, have the device ever been reset?
Gareth : yes, and swapped out twice.
Gareth : new sim card, new sd card...ect
^Kayana J: Okay, being that the update is not available at this time. That is the only available option is to try to troubleshoot the device.
Gareth : I understand, and when the update doesnt come? I have had the phone since november and am still waiting
Gareth : not that this helps you but this is a part of samungs official statement on the behold 2
^Kayana J: I regret to inform you that we wouldn't be able to determine the time frame. I do understand where you are coming from.
Gareth : Samsung Mobile and T-Mobile USA are planning to update the Behold II to Android 1.6 which provides access to Google Maps Navigation, Google Voice Search capability and quick search box for Android.

The update will also supply additional benefits including Swype, an improved Media Player, updated core Android applications, and improved Bluetooth capabilities. However, the Behold II is not upgradeable beyond Android 1.6.

Gareth : so pretty much 10 years of loyal service gets me stuck with a $400 phone that does not meet its advertised requirements. sorry to sound angry at you, im not just very frustrated
^Kayana J: Okay, I do understand that this can be frustrated because you want the device to be updated a better software.
^Kayana J: Unfornately, we are only able to allow certain devices to get updates once they are available for that particular phone.
Gareth: better software aside, the phone resets all my ring tones several times a day so the problem lies with the phone, and as this is my 3rd one and it still does it, it probaly should not have even made it to the store for sale
^Kayana J: For the phone resetting the ringtone's several times a day would consist of a master reset being done on the device.
Gareth : that has been done, I also swapped the phone out on two different occasions, replaced the sim card and the sd card
^Kayana J: Okay. Are you interested in upgrading to another model device?
Gareth : I like the android phones, are there any with 2.1 and simular feature as the behold, like 5mp cam and flash?
^Kayana J: We do have a New MyTouch Slide that will be available on June 2 at T-Mobile Retail stores.
Gareth : due to the problems with this, would i be able to get it at the discount 'upgrade" price
^Kayana J: It has a 5m camera as well. Unfornately you wont be able to because you have a Even More Plus plan.
^Kayana J: The device will be $429.99.
^Kayana J: Are you still there?
Gareth : It just seems like im going in a circle here, I had problems with the g1 (not as bad a this) so I was convinced to get a behold 2 $450, now I have problems with the behold do and I have to pay full price for the slide. Ive always been taken care of very well with tmobile but this is getting crazy
^Kayana J: We apologize for any inconvience that you have experience with this as well. I understand how important the phone is to you as well. Because you want to be able to enjoy using the phone as well. We do thank you for being part of the family since 05/13/2000 as well.
^Kayana J: Hello Gareth, are you still there?
Gareth: there is no other place that if i purchased a product and it didn't work and had no foreseeable fix that I would have to "wait it out" or buy a new one. I don not want a free phone, just to be able to get a discount for all the trouble ive gone through with this one
^Kayana J: Unfornately we wouldn't be able to provide a discount on the device because you are on a Even More Pus Plan.
Gareth : So I guess im pretty much out of luck.
^Kayana J: I regret to inform you that if you decide to purchase another device that it would have to be at full retail price.
Gareth : but you cant/wont fix the phone I purchased from you at full price last time, I was pretty much sold a faulty phone.
Gareth : What difference does the plan im on have, I have been with you for 10+years so leaving is not really an option
^Kayana J: The plan that you are on is a plan without a contract that is why it's not giving us a option to provide a discount.
Gareth : doesn't it seem right though that if you are unable to live up to your end of the agreement, that is to provide a phone that works and meets its requirement's you might want to fix it any way you can. Its hard to imagine that no one can revue or oversee the discount on any phone for this case
^Kayana J: We have a special department that is available to our loyal, long time customers. We would be happy to see if there is something we can offer you to help with this situation. Simply Dial 1-800-937-8997 or 611 from your T-Mobile handset.
Gareth Ridley: ok, thank you for you time.
^Kayana J: You're welcome.
^Kayana J: Is there anything else outside of this issue that we discussed today we can help you with?
Gareth : no thankyou
^Kayana J: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat, have a great day!
Thank you for using our online help. You may now close this window.
Last edited by offthecha1n; June 2nd, 2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:07 PM   #196 (permalink)

Device(s):

I'm switching to sprint on Friday when the evo comes out. It will still be cheaper than buying a slide which has a lot less specs. We'll see what they offer me when I tell them I'm cancelling :-P
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:59 PM   #197 (permalink)

Device(s):

so a telemarketer called me this morning and woke me up.
ended up hanging up just before i figured out who she was...

seems tmobile hired someone to call me cause i recently bought the behold II
Last edited by areUmahDADA; June 2nd, 2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: BOLD
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:15 PM   #198 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by areUmahDADA View Post
so a telemarketer called me this morning and woke me up.
ended up hanging up just before i figured out who she was...

seems tmobile hired someone to call me cause i recently bought the behold II

so.. have they called back? did you call them back? whats the story?
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:26 PM   #199 (permalink)

Device(s):

they were some third party company that had a boring name...
sorry was half asleep. their number is 2406998960
and no i didnt call them back yet

tho besides SMS notifications not going away because i told it to open under a different program
and battery sooo not lasting long enough, its not actually a bad phone so far
Last edited by areUmahDADA; June 2nd, 2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:56 PM   #200 (permalink)

Device(s):

the phone itself.. as in the hardware.. isnt bad.. the camera is really good imo.. but.. the rest of it.. is... imo a pile of dung... if you have just recently bought your phone.. just wait.. it will either grow on you.. or you will despise samnsung.. one of the two lol

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2