Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:04 PM   #201 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I just called TMO. It was hard to be too upset since I got the phone free (well, with a 2 yr contract extension) about a month ago. I focused totally on the 2.x upgrade and didn't complain about the other problems, mostly because I have been running BH man's roms so I don't even know what those problems are.

First of all she already knew all about the phone not getting 2.x. But here is the interesting thing. I kept complaining and then she put me on hold. When she came back she still couldn't do anything but I swear she said exactly this "Unofficially... you may see 2.1, which is better than 2.0 anyway". I had never said anything about 2.0 or 2.1, just version 2. I'm not actually even sure if she meant on this phone or not. Then she gave me Samsung's phone number and encouraged me to complain to them (like that's going to help!)

Anyway I saw that someone earlier said that TMO and Samsung are talking about this problem... maybe there is still a chance...

Advertisements
Last edited by grennis; June 2nd, 2010 at 10:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to grennis For This Useful Post:
the_whole_truth (July 17th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:28 PM   #202 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Google Nexus 7 (32GB Model)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathclutch View Post
the phone itself.. as in the hardware.. isnt bad.. the camera is really good imo.. but.. the rest of it.. is... imo a pile of dung... if you have just recently bought your phone.. just wait.. it will either grow on you.. or you will despise samnsung.. one of the two lol
Yeah it will grow on you like foot fungus........

...................................nobody likes foot fungus.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:10 PM   #203 (permalink)

Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up

Quote:
Originally Posted by areUmahDADA View Post
so a telemarketer called me this morning and woke me up.
ended up hanging up just before i figured out who she was...

seems tmobile hired someone to call me cause i recently bought the behold II
And what does this have to do with anything?
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:14 PM   #204 (permalink)

Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up

Quote:
Originally Posted by grennis View Post
I just called TMO. It was hard to be too upset since I got the phone free (well, with a 2 yr contract extension) about a month ago. I focused totally on the 2.x upgrade and didn't complain about the other problems, mostly because I have been running BH man's roms so I don't even know what those problems are.

First of all she already knew all about the phone not getting 2.x. But here is the interesting thing. I kept complaining and then she put me on hold. When she came back she still couldn't do anything but I swear she said exactly this "Unofficially... you may see 2.1, which is better than 2.0 anyway". I had never said anything about 2.0 or 2.1, just version 2. I'm not actually even sure if she meant on this phone or not. Then she gave me Samsung's phone number and encouraged me to complain to them (like that's going to help!)

Anyway I saw that someone earlier said that TMO and Samsung are talking about this problem... maybe there is still a chance...
umm no samsung was claiming that it was not upgradeable past 1.6 why would they update us to 2.x? it doesn't add up.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:42 PM   #205 (permalink)

Device(s): Behold 2 w/ BH_MAN Galaxy 1.6 / R7 Do Not PM me With Problem's Post in Thread!

Thanked 1,678 Times in 433 Posts

Okay guys!
Just wanted to let everyone Know I am Sporting the Slide now & I have completely restored Faith in TMO.. The Rep I've been dealing with for the Last week / two Weeks really came through for me tonight.

Not only has she shown great interest in my issue, but she also Corrected the issue as well. In exchange I got the Slide, but had to return the Behold 2 & everything that was included with it as well, but I was more than okay with doing that..

So, If you're Reading this ( The Rep that Took care Of me ) Thank you! Thank you!
Like I said, My Faith is Fully Restored.. ( Just so Glad She knew about Android!!! )..

Just Remember everyone, TMO Does care, You just have to play nice & Tell them the Issue's you are having & be very Clear.. If not, they don't know!

P.S
Don't Focus on the 2.x if you want the Upgrade, You have to Show cause for the Return & going through the ringer of exchanging Phone.. Tell them all the Issue's with the Phone!!
Last edited by BH_MAN; June 2nd, 2010 at 11:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BH_MAN For This Useful Post:
mwl1119 (June 3rd, 2010)
Old June 3rd, 2010, 12:27 AM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH_MAN View Post
Okay guys!
Just wanted to let everyone Know I am Sporting the Slide now & I have completely restored Faith in TMO.. The Rep I've been dealing with for the Last week / two Weeks really came through for me tonight.

Not only has she shown great interest in my issue, but she also Corrected the issue as well. In exchange I got the Slide, but had to return the Behold 2 & everything that was included with it as well, but I was more than okay with doing that..

So, If you're Reading this ( The Rep that Took care Of me ) Thank you! Thank you!
Like I said, My Faith is Fully Restored.. ( Just so Glad She knew about Android!!! )..

Just Remember everyone, TMO Does care, You just have to play nice & Tell them the Issue's you are having & be very Clear.. If not, they don't know!

P.S
Don't Focus on the 2.x if you want the Upgrade, You have to Show cause for the Return & going through the ringer of exchanging Phone.. Tell them all the Issue's with the Phone!!
That is what I did........ just hounded them about every issue.

I didn't get the Slide but I got the Cliq and word is June 28th I will get 2.1 so this phone should tide me over until T-mobile rolls out a non-samsung powerhouse Android (1.5GHz!!).

When you talk to customer service DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT NOT GETTING ANDROID 2.X they are not required to give it to you but they are required to give you a non-defective phone and we all know this phone has many defects. Get it swapped out 3 times and you get a different phone. This may seem like it will take forever but if you say the second one had the same issue and you put in a friends sim card and it still happened they will express ship your next two Behold 2's and your new model phone free. And when you get the different model it will be brand new not a refurb.

I am happy with the Cliq. Truth be told I couldn't decide if I wanted the Cliq or the Slide if I had the option to choose. I didn't, but oh well.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 12:37 AM   #207 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl1119 View Post

I didn't get the Slide but I got the Cliq and word is June 28th I will get 2.1 so this phone should tide me over until T-mobile rolls out a non-samsung powerhouse Android (1.5GHz!!).
So the Cliq is getting 2.1 and the BH2 is not? Doesn't the BH2 have the same, if not faster processor?
Old June 3rd, 2010, 12:42 AM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheenachatze View Post
So the Cliq is getting 2.1 and the BH2 is not? Doesn't the BH2 have the same, if not faster processor?
The same 528MHz ARM11

Behold 2 has more ROM 320MB vs the Cliq's 256

The update thing is just what I have read on numerous sites.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 12:57 AM   #209 (permalink)

Device(s):

Samsung updated the Moment for Sprint, so maybe it's TMO that does not want to update the phones it carries? Did TMO officially update so far ANY Androids?
Old June 3rd, 2010, 12:58 AM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
Samsung updated the Moment for Sprint, so maybe it's TMO that does not want to update the phones it carries? Did TMO officially update so far ANY Androids?
Well the Moment does have a different processor.

Dunno what the model number but it runs at 800MHz

Sorry if I sound like an ass kisser here but it really is not TMO's fault that Samsung and Motorola (at the moment) have yet to do an update. Its motoblur/touchwiz that makes programmers have to do more work to get the update and since both manufacturers make phonesw for all carriers and T-mobile has the least amout or customers we get the short end of the stick with our updates being late or never coming.
Last edited by mwl1119; June 3rd, 2010 at 01:03 AM.
sponsored links
Old June 3rd, 2010, 01:06 AM   #211 (permalink)

Device(s):

I'm just saying that maybe TMO management, for whatever reason, does not want to update the BH2, because Sprint obviously wanted the Moment to be updated, and Samsung did the work.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 01:16 AM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm just saying that maybe TMO management, for whatever reason, does not want to update the BH2, because Sprint obviously wanted the Moment to be updated, and Samsung did the work.
The Moment sold better plus sprint has a bigger user base.

That means more pull and potential sales. Period.

Who is Samsung going to sell the Behold 2 to?

Its ugly, has bugs galore, a first gen processor........ is ANYONE going to come to TMO for that phone? Nope. And Tmo does not have the user base to sell enough of them to make 2.1 porting profitable to Samsuck.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 01:21 AM   #213 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Vibrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH_MAN View Post
Okay guys!

P.S
I am also sporting the slide. The rep I dealt with was very nice and helpful, however I still believe I shouldn't have had to pay for mine (even though they did make me re-eligible for the full discount).

Either way, I absolutely love this phone. Very fast, and I actually really like this Espresso Sense UI.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:13 AM   #214 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have someone purchasing my behold from craigs on friday for 140. Can't complain.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:13 AM   #215 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
I am also sporting the slide. The rep I dealt with was very nice and helpful, however I still believe I shouldn't have had to pay for mine (even though they did make me re-eligible for the full discount).

Either way, I absolutely love this phone. Very fast, and I actually really like this Espresso Sense UI.
Few questions ...
-So how much did you have to pay? I got my Behold II for $24.99 (upgrade fee)
-Did you get Samsung Slide? I can't find that model on T-mobile site
-Does Samsung Slide run Antroid?
Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:15 AM   #216 (permalink)

Device(s):

Just curious, does anyone knoe a tmobile email address, their site doesnt list one. just a place to drop 200 words in a comment style box that doesnt seem to work tight now.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM   #217 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Vibrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Few questions ...
No no... we're talking about the MyTouch3G Slide. The Behold II is dead to me.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:48 AM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Few questions ...
If samsung had a Slide you would probably fall off of it.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:54 AM   #219 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl1119 View Post
If samsung had a Slide you would probably fall off of it.
and thanks spiz for clarifying that you are talking about T-Mobile myTouch 3G ...I will talk to TMO rep and see how far do I get.
Old June 5th, 2010, 01:29 AM   #220 (permalink)

Device(s):

Our petition has almost 1000 signatures, but still no sponsor. Under the Sponsored Links it says "Ads by Google". Maybe Google would agree to sponsor the petition too?
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #221 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

I just got a response from my State AG. Basically they forwarded my complaint to Samsung, and asking for a response within 10 days. Hopefully I'll get a no BS response from Samsung.

If anyone really cares I can put the letter up here...and I will definitely share any response I get.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to euph_22 For This Useful Post:
brmayhem (June 11th, 2010), cheenachatze (June 13th, 2010), NowVoyager (June 26th, 2010)
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #222 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II

Thanks for doing that.
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #223 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
I just got a response from my State AG. Basically they forwarded my complaint to Samsung, and asking for a response within 10 days. Hopefully I'll get a no BS response from Samsung.

If anyone really cares I can put the letter up here...and I will definitely share any response I get.
Sure and tell us (me) more, I will do the same here with my state AG.
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #224 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Samsung
400 Valley Road, Suite 201
Mt. Arlington, NR 07856-2136

Dear Sir/Madam:

The Minnesota Attorney General's Office has received correspondence from _________ ________ regarding Samsung. Mr. ________ may be contacted at _______ _____ St S, _________, MN _________.

Mr. __________ states that on Feb 17, 2010 he purchased a Samsung Behold 2 in the amount of $390 from T-Mobile. He states that he received promotional material stating that Samsung would be releasing an upgrade from Android 1.5 to Android 2.0 at a later date. He states that Samsung as since announced that it will not be releasing this update even though Android 2.0 has been released to Samsung since October of last year, and several other phone models with lower performance capabilities will be receiving this update. He states that he believes that he has been misled by Samsung and that he wants Samsung to provide the promised update or issue a refund or allow him to exchange the phone.

I ask that Samsung review Mr. ____'s concerns and provide an explanation of the events that have transpired as well as a proposal to bring this matter to a satisfactory resolution. Please send your written response in this matter within ten (10) business days from the date of this letter to my attention at the above referenced address.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Please feel free to contact me with any question or comments. Please refer to the above file number and consumer's name in any contact with our Office.

Sincerely,

Ms. ________ ________
Consumer Services Division
Last edited by euph_22; June 26th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to euph_22 For This Useful Post:
deathclutch (June 11th, 2010), dyh (June 21st, 2010), KevinMemphis (June 26th, 2010), mikoo (June 14th, 2010), the1who (June 13th, 2010), yahma (June 27th, 2010)
Old June 26th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #225 (permalink)

Device(s):

Haha, I had voiced some of these exact same concerns from within Samsung. And it lost me my job, after they had recruited me from the US and moved me to Korea!
Old June 26th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #226 (permalink)

Device(s):

Blush

Yowsa! I'm sorry to hear that, buddy. At least you proved yourself to be someone with principles. I hope everything turned out all right for you.
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #227 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
Samsung
400 Valley Road, Suite 201
Mt. Arlington, NR 07856-2136

Dear Sir/Madam:

The Minnesota Attorney General's Office has received correspondence from _________ ________ regarding Samsung. Mr. ________ may be contacted at _______ _____ St S, _________, MN _________.

Mr. __________ states that on Feb 17, 2010 he purchased a Samsung Behold 2 in the amount of $390 from T-Mobile. He states that he received promotional material stating that Samsung would be releasing an upgrade from Android 1.5 to Android 2.0 at a later date. He states that Samsung as since announced that it will not be releasing this update even though Android 2.0 has been released to Samsung since October of last year, and several other phone models with lower performance capabilities will be receiving this update. He states that he believes that he has been misled by Samsung and that he wants Samsung to provide the promised update or issue a refund or allow him to exchange the phone.

I ask that Samsung review Mr. ____'s concerns and provide an explanation of the events that have transpired as well as a proposal to bring this matter to a satisfactory resolution. Please send your written response in this matter within ten (10) business days from the date of this letter to my attention at the above referenced address.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Please feel free to contact me with any question or comments. Please refer to the above file number and consumer's name in any contact with our Office.

Sincerely,

Ms. ________ ________
Consumer Services Division
Any news regarding this letter yet?
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #228 (permalink)

None...can't say I'm horribly surprised.
Last edited by euph_22; June 27th, 2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old June 28th, 2010, 03:43 PM   #229 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanks, but unfortunately what this situation taught me was that Samsung punishes, rather than rewards, principles...
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #230 (permalink)

I got a call from my AG's office. Apparently somebody at Samsung US asked for an extension because "they had to talk to Korea". I'll let you know what they end up telling me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to euph_22 For This Useful Post:
brmayhem (July 13th, 2010), DynamitePress (July 13th, 2010), NowVoyager (July 13th, 2010), suyash1 (July 12th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old July 12th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #231 (permalink)

Device(s):

euph_22, any update? Very Curious!

Cool
Old July 13th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #232 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold 2

glad to see that somebody with more resources/know-how than myself is pushing this. even with all of its problems, I'd still choose the B2 over any other phone right now (price is a big factor in that decision, and my lack of a data plan) but I do agree that even my favorite company shouldn't be able to get away with simply dropping a commitment like that. I love Samsung, and I understand why they did it, but would very much like to see 2.0 or above, or some sort of compromise that would let us take the reins in that department. something.

so....kudos, euph_22! if this gets is somewhere, AWESOME. if not, thank you for trying.
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #233 (permalink)

From Samsung:

Dear ________

Please be advised that on or about may 28, 2010 Samsung published the following statement regarding the Behold II and Android upgrade:

"Samsung Mobile and T-Mobile USA are planning to update the Behold II to Android 1.6 which provides access to Google Maps Navigation, Google Voice Search capability and guick search box for Andrdoid. The update will also supply additional benefits including Swype, an improved Media Player, updated core Android applications and improved Bluetooth capabilities. However, the Behold II is not upgradeable beyond Android 1.6."

Samsung then released Android 1.6 and it is now available for update.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for the opportunity to resppond to this matter.

Sincerly,
Greg Crenshaw
Executive Customer Relations and Management Response
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #234 (permalink)

I just got a copy, that was actually sent to the AG's office. And they didn't include contact information for the Samsung ECR. It does have his employee number on it, I think, so I probably could track him down if I wanted to.

And I have to say that this update is exactly as insulting as I was expecting.

But I probably won't go any farther with this, since I don't have the phone anymore.
Last edited by euph_22; July 16th, 2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old July 17th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #235 (permalink)

Device(s): Behold II

I have the video saved. I also have spoke with legal counsel and there is a case SPEAK AND BE HEARD... Contact me
Last edited by the_whole_truth; July 17th, 2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:48 PM   #236 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II, HTC T-Mobile Mytouch Slide (Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_whole_truth View Post
I have the video saved. I also have spoke with legal counsel and there is a case SPEAK AND BE HEARD... Contact me

try to find our petition, that should prove enough evidence that there is already a crowd that wants something done.
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_whole_truth View Post
Did you hear that Elvis died?

Just in case you are late to everything

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2