Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Sensation 4G, MyTouch 3G Slide
Carrier: Not Provided

Exclamation Push T-Mobile and Samsung to Support Their Devices!

@everyone: repost this on every blog, every forum and tweet it to Samsung (@SamsungMobileUS, @Samsungtweets, @SamsungService), TMobile (@TMobile_USA) and retweet it for your followers. Thanks!

Proof of Samsung's Promises made about the Behold 2 regarding Android 2.0: (click on the link to download the complete video so it can't be hidden again)

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download full.flv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rksSeDkZ7Mc

How is this proof, you might ask? Well, first the video was copy written by Samsung in 2009(as seen at the end of the video). It was posted to the SamsungMobile youtube page before the Behold 2 was released and features Samsung's very own trademarked logo. Further proof of the video being authentic and produced by Samsung is that the same man that appears in this video appears in other Samsung walk throughs featured on their own youtube page! Here is proof of that:

YouTube - Introduction to the Samsung Omnia II by Verizon Wireless

If we lie down and take this we will get no satisfaction the only way to change any minds is to be vocal and presistant. Let Samusng and TMobile know that we will not be pushed aside and we demand true customer service!

TO SAMSUNG & TMOBILE:

We have been loyal customers and waited patiently for you to honor your commitments to us and release a Android 2.x update. The time for patience is growing thin. We need action on your part! Please do the right thing and release the update now. Thank you.

-behold_this

To Sign the Petition to Help Make Samsung Keep there Word:
Samsung Needs to Stick to Their Word - Behold 2 Update

Please Help, Every Signature Counts

To View Press Coverage Visit the Following Links:

Engadget:
Samsung Behold II fails to fulfill Android 2.0 promise, jilted users contemplating lawsuit (video) -- Engadget

Gizmodo:
Samsung Behold II Owners May Sue Over Android 2.0 Snub

Android and Me:
Samsung Behold II owners consider legal action over lack of Android 2.x upgrade – Android and Me

AndroidSPIN:
http://www.androidspin.com/2010/05/2...hold-ii-users/

Android Headlines:
http://androidheadlines.com/2010/05/...onsidered.html

TmoNEWS:
http://www.tmonews.com/2010/05/samsu...2-as-promised/

Phandroid:
http://phandroid.com/2010/05/26/is-s...old-ii-update/

DroidDog:
http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog...android-style/

To View Many, Many More Sites Running This Story Follow This Link (goes to post #83 of this thread and includes links to several more tech blogs/sites running the story):
Push T-Mobile and Samsung to Support Their Devices!

Here is additional background info:

Spec. Sheet:
Samsung Behold II Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

No updates have been given regarding OS. The phone is still stuck on outdated Android 1.5 after Samsung promo video said we would get Android 2.0 once it was Avail. (this was before 2.0 had been released) Now Samsung has gone as far as to try to removed the video, not too worry though we got it. Samsung has also confirmed through emails to users that the Behold 2 will Not be Upgraded to Android 2.X, (only reason many had bought the phone was due to them promoting it would be).

Issue's with Behold 2 are:

-Dailer hangs / Force Closes randomly when dialing
-Drops Calls (appears not to be a service related issue as other devices work fine)
-TWLauncher lags & is super slow
-Battery only last about 8hr at most if using for txt's & Web, plus a few calls in there (other devices easily last all day with MUCH more Use)
-SD Card is Constantly getting error's and sometimes requires reformatting (loss of Data is weekly)
-SD Card is constantly un-mounting & Remount its self
-Phone does not sleep correctly after phone Calls
-Setting display to sleep after 15 seconds causes the phone not to sleep at all
-Phone will randomly reboot
-Battery does not charge fully when the phone charged while off
-Randomly gets a black screen (Frozen) & a battery pull is needed

Phone Could easily support Android 2.X:

System Memory is 205MB
Video Memory 64MB
Data Storage is 153MB
CPU is 768Mhz that Samsung Crippled to 528Mhz max

(thanks to BH_MAN for putting together the links and additional info also thanks to the other members that have contributed links)

There now seems to be good reason why T-Mobile, inadvertently it seems, helped to spread Samsung's deception:

"At 33:32 into the Thursday (5/20/10) podcast on AndroidGuys, you clearly hear the TMo guy, Kevon, mention that Samsung representatives visited T-Mobile and asserted that they would have 2.1 for the Behold II. HOWEVER....he then goes on to mention that this event was several (6!??) months ago."

(thanks to yahma for posting the above quote)

The more this develops the more it is becoming clear that T-Mobile shares very little of the blame here. It is clear that Samsung mislead T-Mobile as well. We the Behold 2 community would love to see T-Mobile stand with us and would welcome their support with open arms.

Though I am neither for nor against legal action at this point, I have included a link to some background info on Class Action Suits for those interested:
Class Action Suit for 2.0

Advertisements
Last edited by behold_this; May 27th, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to behold_this For This Useful Post:
aequitas3 (May 27th, 2010), BH_MAN (May 26th, 2010), Bugdog (May 31st, 2010), cheenachatze (May 27th, 2010), Jacqda (May 27th, 2010), jazzedmurf (May 26th, 2010), Mastermind278 (May 26th, 2010), NowVoyager (May 23rd, 2010), rudoFF (May 26th, 2010), rustyg (July 13th, 2010), spiz (May 27th, 2010), SteveSlimer (May 27th, 2010), the_whole_truth (July 17th, 2010), yahma (May 25th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
psz

Device(s): Samsung Vibrant

Sorry to break it to you but....

That's a Phones-Online.net video, NOT a Samsung video. It uses the Samsung logo because Phones-Online.net is a *RESELLER* of Samsung products. Hence why they also have videos for other Samsung products. They also sell Motorola, Palm, Blackberry, etc.

The video claims that 'when 2.0 comes out...'. 2.0 is, was, and has always been an exlusive version of Android, specifically designed for the Motorola Droid. It is not, has not, and will never be released on any other phone.

The copyright at the end doesn't claim that this video belongs to Samsung at all. It claims that the Samsung Logo is copyrighted, that the Behold II is copyrighted, and that the screens are simulated, the appearance of the phone may vary (this video was probably produced using a promo-phone before the actual release), and that other names are owned by other copyright holders. Again: No where does Samsung claim to have made this video.

Also, your own link lists the title as "Youtube: Phones-Online.net"

T-Mobile isn't mentioned at all.
Last edited by psz; May 21st, 2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psz View Post
Sorry to break it to you but....

That's a Phones-Online.net video, NOT a Samsung video. It uses the Samsung logo because Phones-Online.net is a *RESELLER* of Samsung products. Hence why they also have videos for other Samsung products. They also sell Motorola, Palm, Blackberry, etc.

The video claims that 'when 2.0 comes out...'. 2.0 is, was, and has always been an exlusive version of Android, specifically designed for the Motorola Droid. It is not, has not, and will never be released on any other phone.

The copyright at the end doesn't claim that this video belongs to Samsung at all. It claims that the Samsung Logo is copyrighted, that the Behold II is copyrighted, and that the screens are simulated, the appearance of the phone may vary (this video was probably produced using a promo-phone before the actual release), and that other names are owned by other copyright holders. Again: No where does Samsung claim to have made this video.

Also, your own link lists the title as "Youtube: Phones-Online.net"

T-Mobile isn't mentioned at all.
actually chief the second was posted by samsung on the samsung mobile youtube channle. get your facts straight and in never said tmobile made a promise but they can put pressure on samsung to live up to theirs. why are you being a punk anyway. if you don't like the post or find it valid move on. hate to break it to you pal but i think my know what i'm talking about been around longer than you.
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
psz

Huh? I'm pointing out the facts as I see them about the video, no need to get hostile.

As for "being around longer", how do you know I haven't been lurking in the forums (Here, T-Mo) for months? Considering I bought this phone on Novemeber 22nd, 2009, I think I've got SOME experience with it, Samsung, and T-Mobile at this point :-P

I only started posting when I saw questions not being answered correctly on these forums and T-Mo's forums (which are an absolute haven of mis-information... I loved seeing people claim that apps couldn't be installed to SD Card, for example)

I still stand by the statement, though, about them claiming to update "when 2.0" comes out... Espeically when you consider 2.0 was out BEFORE the Behold II was.
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Behold 2 w/ BH_MAN Galaxy 1.6 / R7 Do Not PM me With Problem's Post in Thread!

Thanked 1,678 Times in 433 Posts

Please RT ( via Twitter ) If you can... My Last Twitter Post..

Samsung Behold II not Getting 2.x - Legal Action Being Considered - Samsung Behold II not Getting 2.x – Legal Action Being Considered | Androidheadlines.com @SamsungMobileUS @Samsungtweets @SamsungService
Last edited by BH_MAN; May 24th, 2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old May 25th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Vibrant + Nero v4 + Voodoo

I'm a regular reader of The Consumerist and one of there highly recommended techniques for getting a response out of a company is the Electronic Email Carpet Bomb. Basically you send a mass email to anyone and everyone at the company worth sending to.

Here are two links with email addresses for execs and the like at Tmobile. I consider this to be both an issue with Tmobile as well as Samsung.

Contact T-Mobile Executive Customer Service - The Consumerist
Take Your Tmobile Complaints To The Tippity-Top - The Consumerist

I plan on sending a letter soon, and it would be great if everyone else could send something as well.
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psz View Post
sorry to break it to you but....
That's a phones-online.net video, not a samsung video. It uses the samsung logo because phones-online.net is a *reseller* of samsung products. Hence why they also have videos for other samsung products. They also sell motorola, palm, blackberry, etc.
not samsungs video huh? Then why did they remove it with a copywrite claim! Samsung is a bunch of liers. Its time to seriously see what our legal options are and in the mean time we must get the word out to boycott samsung!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to behold_this For This Useful Post:
Beaver6d9 (May 30th, 2010), BH_MAN (May 25th, 2010), Mastermind278 (May 26th, 2010)
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Behold 2 w/ BH_MAN Galaxy 1.6 / R7 Do Not PM me With Problem's Post in Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by behold_this View Post
not samsungs video huh? Then why did they remove it with a copywrite claim! Samsung is a bunch of liers. Its time to seriously see what our legal options are and in the mean time we must get the word out to boycott samsung!
Did Anyone Download the Video?? We are Going to Need it now I think..
I think we Have a Case if they Removed it so Fast!!
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

i was going to cache it a few days ago but didn't. without the video we don't have much without getting real legal representation, but we're not down for the count yet. we must up the pressure. we all need to start posting to all the samsung phone forum on android forums and try to rally more troops especially post in the galaxy s forum to hurt its sales!
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II w/ BH_MAN Galaxy 1.6 FiNaL and Samsung Vibrant (Rooted)

I was going to download it but when i went to get it it was removed.

I emailed the website that posted the video personally to see if they have a video copy of it. Ill get back to you with an answer when i get one.

*Well the email to the Site doesn't work, came back with an error.
Last edited by Bschwartz40; May 25th, 2010 at 05:39 PM.
sponsored links
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): Mytouch 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH_MAN View Post
Did Anyone Download the Video?? We are Going to Need it now I think..
I think we Have a Case if they Removed it so Fast!!
lol this is great! I can't wait to see the outcome of all of this!
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s):

yeah i thought about it a few days ago.. but never got around to it.. god i hope someone did!
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bschwartz40 View Post
I was going to download it but when i went to get it it was removed.

I emailed the website that posted the video personally to see if they have a video copy of it. Ill get back to you with an answer when i get one.

*Well the email to the Site doesn't work, came back with an error.
They won't release it they are prolly the ones that removed it.
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

Does anyone got the Link to the video before it had gotten removed?
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FR35H View Post
Does anyone got the Link to the video before it had gotten removed?
The link was in the Top Post
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Not the original samsung one but this is the one I posted:
www.youtube. com/watch?v=4u0_C8X4RD8

but won't get ya anywhere sadly

FYI had to add a space before the "com" cause kept displaying the removed video window.
Last edited by behold_this; May 25th, 2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Samsung Behold 2 On Video | Android Phone Fans

It's interesting that the out of 4 Bh2 videos, the only one that has "copyright issues" is the one that mentions future firmware updates.

I'm googling furiously in hopes of finding another copy of the incriminating video anywhere.

BTW: I wonder if the video host had hopes and dreams before Samsung lobotomized him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to euph_22 For This Useful Post:
behold_this (May 25th, 2010), BH_MAN (May 25th, 2010), suyash1 (May 25th, 2010)
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Not the original samsung one but this is the one I posted:
www.youtube. com/watch?v=4u0_C8X4RD8

but won't get ya anywhere sadly

FYI had to add a space before the "com" cause kept displaying the removed video window.
This may just be speculation but couldn't we use a wayback machine to view the video on its website as if it was when it was originally posted?
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Quote:
This may just be speculation but couldn't we use a wayback machine to view the video on its website as if it was when it was originally posted?
Couldn't we just use the wayback machine to buy different phones? From a company or companies that realizes that consumers might actually WANT the products they buy to be supported?
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

We just need an easy button app
sponsored links
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

Easy Button v1.0.0 Application for Android | Entertainment

It's not helping

Maybe it needs 2.x for full functionality?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to euph_22 For This Useful Post:
behold_this (May 25th, 2010), jazzedmurf (May 26th, 2010)
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

lmfao
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #23 (permalink)

Let's be honest guys... this phone is dead. Samsung has never cared about what their customers think, and we're a very small portion of the Android community. We would need a much larger following for them to even consider our concerns. Not to mention the thousands of people who own a Behold2 and have no clue about any of this.
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
Couldn't we just use the wayback machine to buy different phones? From a company or companies that realizes that consumers might actually WANT the products they buy to be supported?
You haven't heard of a wayback machine? its basically searches the web for archives as in lets you view pages as if it were still up.
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
You haven't heard of a wayback machine? its basically searches the web for archives as in lets you view pages as if it were still up.
to be honest i don't know anything about it, as i've never even heard that term, but try it out if you know about.
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #26 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Google Nexus 7 (32GB Model)
Carrier: Verizon

i RECORDED THE BEGINNING OF THE VIDEO ON MY WEBCAM BUT IT CAME OUT ROUGH
The Following User Says Thank You to mwl1119 For This Useful Post:
brmayhem (May 25th, 2010)
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl1119 View Post
i RECORDED THE BEGINNING OF THE VIDEO ON MY WEBCAM BUT IT CAME OUT ROUGH
That's amazing news! Did you record at least to the part when he talks about the upgrade?
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

if you can hear the "promise" post it! and keep a backed up copy.
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
to be honest i don't know anything about it, as i've never even heard that term, but try it out if you know about.
tried it. no dice.
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
That's amazing news! Did you record at least to the part when he talks about the upgrade?
yes that and the samsung logo at the beginning but youtube will not let me upload it.

Samsung is pulling some weight....... wait youtube is owned by google...... hmmmm.
sponsored links
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

That makes no sense but ok. Just post the file for us to download then
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #32 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II

Quote:
yes that and the samsung logo at the beginning but youtube will not let me upload it.

Samsung is pulling some weight....... wait youtube is owned by google...... hmmmm.
Glad to hear at least one person thought about doing this.

Yea, just upload it here, to 4shared, photobucket, whatever....Thanks again.
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:

Just upload it to megavideo.com
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #34 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Also you should send file to androidheadlines.com to be added back into article they requested someone send it to them if they have it
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #35 (permalink)

Old May 25th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

for link to download a quality version of the promo video or to simply watch the video in its entirety see the OP now!
Last edited by behold_this; May 25th, 2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

umm HELLO!! did you read? we got it!! its in the OP
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #38 (permalink)

To Get the New's Story Posted Vist:
http://www.androidspin.com/2010/05/2...hold-ii-users/

http://androidheadlines.com/2010/05/...onsidered.html

http://www.tmonews.com/2010/05/samsu...2-as-promised/

http://phandroid.com/2010/05/26/is-s...old-ii-update/

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog...android-style/

Please Help, Every Signature Counts..

Thanks,
Eugene

Added Info:

Spec. Sheet that is on Par.
Samsung Behold II Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

Issue's with Behold 2 are:

Dailer Hangs / Force Closes Randomly when Using
Drop Calls ( Never had an Issue on Cliq / G1 / MyTouch )
Launcher Lags & Super Slow
No Update's regarding OS, still stuck on Android 1.5
Samsung promo said we would get 2.0 once it was Avail. ( This was Before 2.0 was released ) Now Samsung Has Removed the Video..
Samsung Has Confirmed that the Behold 2 will Not be Upgraded to 2.X, ( Only Reason I had Bought was due to them Promoting it would be )
Battery only last about 8hr at most if using for txt's & Web, plus a few calls in there.... ( The Cliq & MyTouch easily lasted all day with Much more Use )
SD Card is Constantly getting Error's and Needs reformatted ( Lose of Data is weekly )
SD Card is Constantly un-mounting & Remount its self.
Phone Does not Sleep Correctly after a Phone Call
Display Setting to sleep after 15 seconds causes the phone not to sleep at all..
Randomly Reboots
Battery Does not Charge Fully when the Phone is Off and Charging.
Randomly gets a Black screen ( Froze ) & a battery pull is needed.

Phone Could easily support 2.X

System Memory is 205MB
Video Memory 64MB
Data Storage is 153MB
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BH_MAN For This Useful Post:
behold_this (May 26th, 2010), Bugdog (May 31st, 2010), deathclutch (May 26th, 2010), fireman1905 (May 28th, 2010), Mastermind278 (May 26th, 2010), NowVoyager (May 30th, 2010), paul89 (May 26th, 2010), yahma (May 26th, 2010)
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #39 (permalink)

Device(s):

Yes this phone is piece of junk, amazingly high rate of dropped calls and it drives me nuts all the time.

I am seriously thinking to back to ATT or any other carrier and never-ever-ever coming back to TMobile.

I found out its definitely worth to pay 200$ early termination fee and get rid of this junk called Samsung Behold II.

Tmobile/Samsung think seriously and take actions fast..
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:49 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirajhshah View Post
Yes this phone is piece of junk, amazingly high rate of dropped calls and it drives me nuts all the time.

I am seriously thinking to back to ATT or any other carrier and never-ever-ever coming back to TMobile.

I found out its definitely worth to pay 200$ early termination fee and get rid of this junk called Samsung Behold II.

Tmobile/Samsung think seriously and take actions fast..
I think I'm just got to stop responding to TMO Hate!!
Honestly, it's not a TMO issue, it's the Phone & Samsung lack of Support..
I've been with every Carrier & I can Honestly say TMO is far better than any I have Dealt with! Customer Support is awesome!

Right now, the Biggest Issue is TMO Sold the Phone, but only with the Info that Samsung gave them, including the False Sales..

Just imo Statement is all...

However, If one Carrier works better for you, then by all means Switch to that Carrier
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BH_MAN For This Useful Post:
Ohgami (May 26th, 2010), thegame3202 (May 26th, 2010), thugjedi91 (May 26th, 2010), yahma (May 26th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #41 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH_MAN View Post

http://www.androidspin.com/2010/05/2...hold-ii-users/...

Phone Could easily support 2.X

System Memory is 205MB
Video Memory 64MB
Data Storage is 153MB
Thanks BH_MAN i have updated the OP with the complete info from the above post.
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #42 (permalink)

Device(s):

Agreed BH_MAN. T-Mobile is just stuck in the middle. Samsung is the company that has to make the update, t-mo really doesn't do anything with it. I just gotta figure out how to get Samsung to see the petition... I need someone high up's email or something.
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #43 (permalink)

Actually, TMobile can (and might) do something about this. I wouldn't place the blame on them for this problem, but they have an insane amount of power over Samsung in this issue.

TMobile would be just fine by solely using HTC as their Android phone manufacturer. They could simply tell Samsung, "Take care of the people who buy your phones, or lose a carrier." I'm sure there are contractual details included, but those are easily worked around in situations like these.
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #44 (permalink)

Device(s):

That's also what I was sorta thinking spiz, I was trying to figure out contact info for someone at t-mo who deals with the manufacturers.

EDIT: Yikes!

BBB Rating for T-Mobile

Based on BBB files, T-Mobile has a BBB Rating of D on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
  • Number of complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved.
  • 24325 complaints filed against business
The Following User Says Thank You to thegame3202 For This Useful Post:
Beaver6d9 (May 30th, 2010)
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #45 (permalink)

Honestly, I'd be Happy with a None Official 2.X from Samsung... They could even go as Far as say... All support is Dropped from here... Just as long as everything worked... Oh, & I forgot, it would have to be a none TouchWiz 2.1 to make me Okay with no more Support..
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #46 (permalink)

Device(s):

Sent an email to the CEO of t-mobile asking for him to help us talk to Samsung. We'll see if I get a response.

"Hi there,

My name is Mike Hamilton. Me and many other Behold 2 purchasers have been told by Samsung that there will not be an Android update beyond version 1.6 coming to us. I realize that you would not normally be the person to help with this, but myself, along with all of the signatures on this list: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/behold2/ are trying to get Samsung to take care of us. We were all hoping that T-Mobile could talk to Samsung for us as well and try to get them to release the update that was promised when we purchased our phones. Our purpose is to resolve this as easily as possible, and with your company's help, I think all of us loyal customers can make it happen. That petition was started 2 days ago, and already has over 300 signatures. Please let me know if you can assist us, or if you could forward this to someone who could. Thank you for your time."
Last edited by thegame3202; May 26th, 2010 at 11:59 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thegame3202 For This Useful Post:
Beaver6d9 (May 30th, 2010), jazzedmurf (May 26th, 2010), mwl1119 (May 26th, 2010), yahma (May 26th, 2010)
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #47 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hey BH_MAN, if we were able to get the drivers, you could write it also couldn't you?
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame3202 View Post
Hey BH_MAN, if we were able to get the drivers, you could write it also couldn't you?
Yes, but Likely wont happen.. Plus, regardless what happens I'm moving to the Slide on June 2nd. I'm still willing to see this through, but getting rid of the Behold 2.. & on the Anti-Samsung band wagon after...
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #49 (permalink)

Device(s):

Holy shit! I already got a response. They are going to look into it for us :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to thegame3202 For This Useful Post:
yahma (May 26th, 2010)
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame3202 View Post
Holy shit! I already got a response. They are going to look into it for us :-)
That is Great New's we had all week so far.

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2