Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #101 (permalink)

Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl1119 View Post
Android 2.2 has flash so once it gets that update your set.

Unless your talking about camera flash the no it does not but what is the point of led flash anyway? Its always too bright or not bright enough anyway.
Flash is great for taking quality pictures in horrible lighting area and a flash light.

sponsored links
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #102 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Google Nexus 7 (32GB Model)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslied73 View Post
I think I'll start the lemon process with mine and stretch it out until the Galaxy S comes out. I don't really want another Samsung phone, but the main reason I got this phone was for the camera with a flash and the Android update. None of the other Android phones have a flash, so they are not comparable for me. At least I won't have an obselete phone.
Cliq XT has flash.
Old June 12th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Cliq XT has flash.
Cliq XT sucks though. Motorola's Milestone XT720 now that is something.
Old June 12th, 2010, 11:54 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FR35H View Post
Cliq XT sucks though. Motorola's Milestone XT720 now that is something.
Have you ever checked out the XT? It is actually quite nice, my girlfriend has it. 5MP camera with flash, flash lite player, swype keyboard out of the box, and motoblur...... all in a nice sturdy package with great battery life.

The XT720 has an overclocked 550MHz processor (the one in the Droid) running at 720MHz....... all with the same battery found in the XT....... good luck keeping that charged through the day. The XT runs at 528MHz but once its been rooted (which I would expect after its updated to 2.1) it too can be overclocked to 700+MHz.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:50 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you ever checked out the XT? It is actually quite nice, my girlfriend has it. 5MP camera with flash, flash lite player, swype keyboard out of the box, and motoblur...... all in a nice sturdy package with great battery life.

The XT720 has an overclocked 550MHz processor (the one in the Droid) running at 720MHz....... all with the same battery found in the XT....... good luck keeping that charged through the day. The XT runs at 528MHz but once its been rooted (which I would expect after its updated to 2.1) it too can be overclocked to 700+MHz.
Yeah I messed with the cliq xt a few times not too great. Although I do say I lke the finish they used for the sides but the rubber feel of the front panel just doesn't appeal to me. and actually false the milestone xt720 got a chip upgrade not the same as droid's because droid's is a TI OMAP3430 and the Motorola Milestone XT720 uses a TI OMAP3440 clocked at 720mhz. It wasn't overclocked.

Its much better in specs as well Xenon flash, 8mp's camera, 720p video recording 3.7 inch screen.... but if you like the cliq XT to each their own I guess.
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I messed with the cliq xt a few times not too great. Although I do say I lke the finish they used for the sides but the rubber feel of the front panel just doesn't appeal to me. and actually false the milestone xt720 got a chip upgrade not the same as droid's because droid's is a TI OMAP3430 and the Motorola Milestone XT720 uses a TI OMAP3440 clocked at 720mhz. It wasn't overclocked.

Its much better in specs as well Xenon flash, 8mp's camera, 720p video recording 3.7 inch screen.... but if you like the cliq XT to each their own I guess.
Never said the XT was pretty. I hate how it looks but under the hood I feel its the second or third best option on t-mobile behind the slide and maybe the original cliq because it already has nice software touches, decent hardware, and is confirmed to be updated to 2.1.

The xt720 is better hardware but is not confirmed on tmobile and could easily follow its older brother motoroi to secondary carriers like cincinnati bell or us cellular.
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:30 AM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Never said the XT was pretty. I hate how it looks but under the hood I feel its the second or third best option on t-mobile behind the slide and maybe the original cliq because it already has nice software touches, decent hardware, and is confirmed to be updated to 2.1.

The xt720 is better hardware but is not confirmed on tmobile and could easily follow its older brother motoroi to secondary carriers like cincinnati bell or us cellular.
True in the case that it could follow cincinatti bell or us cellular but it has T-mobile's 3G bands isn't that enough to say its Tmo confirmed or in the least works with tmobile?

Currently yeah I would agree its tmo's 2nd or 3rd best after the slide though.

I can't wait till Galaxy S and maybe Motoroi(Milestone XT720) is released on tmobile so that I can compare the two. I am gonna prolly do a months to two months of research before buying so that by the time I buy the device it is already rooted and just waiting on Custom Roms like what we did here. Galaxy S already seems great being that its still getting awesome reviews in europe there should be no reason its any different in america. If Nexus reaches stores by then I will compare that as well. Although Nexus one should have came in different colors like black or glossy white. I think colorware does something similar but its expensive.
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
True in the case that it could follow cincinatti bell or us cellular but it has T-mobile's 3G bands isn't that enough to say its Tmo confirmed or in the least works with tmobile?

Currently yeah I would agree its tmo's 2nd or 3rd best after the slide though.

I can't wait till Galaxy S and maybe Motoroi(Milestone XT720) is released on tmobile so that I can compare the two. I am gonna prolly do a months to two months of research before buying so that by the time I buy the device it is already rooted and just waiting on Custom Roms like what we did here. Galaxy S already seems great being that its still getting awesome reviews in europe there should be no reason its any different in america. If Nexus reaches stores by then I will compare that as well. Although Nexus one should have came in different colors like black or glossy white. I think colorware does something similar but its expensive.
I am not going to buy a Galaxy S but I want it to come to T-mobile so that other manufacturers have competition. I still look for T-mobile to blunder this and end up with the Galaxy Apollo or some shit like it though.
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
I am not going to buy a Galaxy S but I want it to come to T-mobile so that other manufacturers have competition. I still look for T-mobile to blunder this and end up with the Galaxy Apollo or some shit like it though.
Well I am not getting a Nexus One thats for sure now. The people I have seen who have them act all high and mighty thinking its the greatest device in the world just because its Google's Phone getting faster updates. I swear they are worse than Apple Fanboys. I can't be on the same phone as people like that. So for me Motoroi or Galaxy S for now but I do agree hopefully Galaxy S can bring on the competition for the higher end phones. Hopefully the new CEO can pull through. Tmo might be getting iPhone 4 but Im not going to that evil OS unless I get it for free even then it would be secondary to a newer android phone.

I might wait till early next year to upgrade but who knows I have to test run my phones before I buy em.
Old June 13th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #110 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Well I am not getting a Nexus One thats for sure now. The people I have seen who have them act all high and mighty thinking its the greatest device in the world just because its Google's Phone getting faster updates. I swear they are worse than Apple Fanboys. I can't be on the same phone as people like that. So for me Motoroi or Galaxy S for now but I do agree hopefully Galaxy S can bring on the competition for the higher end phones. Hopefully the new CEO can pull through. Tmo might be getting iPhone 4 but Im not going to that evil OS unless I get it for free even then it would be secondary to a newer android phone.

I might wait till early next year to upgrade but who knows I have to test run my phones before I buy em.
OH stop it. You sound like a hater by saying that about Nexus One owners. Ya.. you're gonna have your fan boys and you're gonna have your haters... it's the nature of the game.

Nexus One is not the greatest device in the world, but it's a very solid phone! And people that own that phone get excited knowing they will get updates from Google directly.

And why would you want to buy another Samsung phone? They just proved again with the Behold 2(a phone which I owned) they don't support the phones they make. The Motorola Motori sounds like a good phone to get. Since it will have atleast 2.1 and will get supported by Motorola. And it has a bad ass camera with the Xenon Flash!

I sure wish Kodak(owned a Motorola Zine Zn5 before the behold 2) would slap a camera on a Android phone! Man that Zn5 sure took great pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/Jonathan.BreatheElectro
sponsored links
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #111 (permalink)

I am having a hard time deciding what to do here.

T-mobile gave me a Cliq and let me keep my Behold 2 which I just sold for $150 on craigslist.

I still have my upgrade coming to me in 8 days and have been thinking about selling my Cliq for around $200 and using that to by the MT3GS which I was trying to get when I got the Cliq but since I have only been with Tmo since the G1 the Cliq is all I could get. Should I bite the bullet and get the Slide? I have heard bad things about the slide action on the MT3GS (loose feel on the screen, buttons seem to rub) but for the most part I hear its pretty sweet. Or do I stay with the Cliq I do happen to enjoy the cliq even though it does seem a little sluggish while multi-tasking and currently is only running 1.5 but it should be updated to 2.1 in the coming weeks. If I do this I can use the Cliq on 2.1 until some more powerful phones come out and have the best phone on 2.2 that Tmo offers. I am stuck in a dilemma.
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreatheElectro View Post
OH stop it. You sound like a hater by saying that about Nexus One owners. Ya.. you're gonna have your fan boys and you're gonna have your haters... it's the nature of the game.

Nexus One is not the greatest device in the world, but it's a very solid phone! And people that own that phone get excited knowing they will get updates from Google directly.

And why would you want to buy another Samsung phone? They just proved again with the Behold 2(a phone which I owned) they don't support the phones they make. The Motorola Motori sounds like a good phone to get. Since it will have atleast 2.1 and will get supported by Motorola. And it has a bad ass camera with the Xenon Flash!

I sure wish Kodak(owned a Motorola Zine Zn5 before the behold 2) would slap a camera on a Android phone! Man that Zn5 sure took great pictures.
I know I still own the Zine ZN5 too although its now more of a back up but since that phone Camera Quality is essential to my list of things a phone needs to get me to buy it.

I don't want to buy another samsung but they seem to have specs down that nothing else on tmo is matching. with the huge amount of internal space 8gb's/16gb's(<- this is a MAJOR plus for me) and the high quality screen. Regardless of BH2 sucking, the camera firmware features was awesome and doesn't seem to have changed much. The interface has changed and looks much better than cube twiz 2.0.

Nexus is a great device I am sure but not being sure turns me off as well. I need to test it before I buy so that I know that I like the device as advertised.

Hopefully Kodak slaps their camera on an android soon.
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:

read this in a review of the XT720

"It’s the same ARM Cortex A8 chip as in the MOTOROI, but whereas the Korean phone runs at 720MHz the ZT720 is underclocked to 550MHz. Motorola say that’s because the MOTOROI had to do much more with its CPU than the XT720 – it had handwriting recognition, for instance, and an analog TV tuner – but we can see unlocking the full potential of the processor being an early challenge for the Android homebrew community. To be fair, much of the XT720 experience is slick and lag free, particularly navigating through photo galleries and the like..."

I must say this phone (the xt720) may be my next phone if it comes to T-mobile after reading the review,

Motorola XT720 hands-on [Video] - SlashGear
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #114 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I know I still own the Zine ZN5 too although its now more of a back up but since that phone Camera Quality is essential to my list of things a phone needs to get me to buy it.

I don't want to buy another samsung but they seem to have specs down that nothing else on tmo is matching. with the huge amount of internal space 8gb's/16gb's(<- this is a MAJOR plus for me) and the high quality screen. Regardless of BH2 sucking, the camera firmware features was awesome and doesn't seem to have changed much. The interface has changed and looks much better than cube twiz 2.0.

Nexus is a great device I am sure but not being sure turns me off as well. I need to test it before I buy so that I know that I like the device as advertised.

Hopefully Kodak slaps their camera on an android soon.
Well you just might get your chance to play with the Nexus One! Latest rumor has it, The Nexus One will be in T-mobile store on June 19th. Haha.. wouldn't that be sweet if that phone is included in the free phone day?
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #115 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Well if that's the case, it's about time. They finally let you actually buy the thing (without dealing with google's customer service, or lack there of), just when it's supplanted by other phones. Granted its still one of the best phones out there, just not quite THE absolute best (but not by much).
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreatheElectro View Post
Well you just might get your chance to play with the Nexus One! Latest rumor has it, The Nexus One will be in T-mobile store on June 19th. Haha.. wouldn't that be sweet if that phone is included in the free phone day?
I think you are mixing and combining rumors. The rumor was June 19th may be the day the Nexus would go on sale in store through T-mobile or a phone sale. Not both.
Old June 14th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #117 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I think you are mixing and combining rumors. The rumor was June 19th may be the day the Nexus would go on sale in store through T-mobile or a phone sale. Not both.
Just speculating on those two rumors supposedly happening on the same day.

A free phone sale on the 19th for all tmobile phones. And possibly the Nexus One goes on sale(not saying it would be a free phone too but would be awesome, But that's not gonna happen.)

Going by here: T-Mobile Making All Phones Free June 19th | Android Phone Fans

And Nexus One: Operation Relaunch: Nexus One Coming to T-Mobile Retail Stores On June 19th? | Androidheadlines.com
Last edited by BreatheElectro; June 14th, 2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old June 15th, 2010, 09:09 AM   #118 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Flash is great for taking quality pictures in horrible lighting area and a flash light.
Exactly. Then I don't need to always have my camera too.
Old June 15th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslied73 View Post
Exactly. Then I don't need to always have my camera too.
Maybe someone can do a lil custom mod or something to it so that we could have it but I just imagine that would detract from the beauty of it though. They manage to add froyo's capabilities without having froyo (wifi tethering, flash browser) etc but forgot to add LED Camera how do they just forget that?
Old June 16th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #120 (permalink)

Device(s): Behold2

with the mytouch3g slide now having root has to be a thought
sponsored links
Old June 20th, 2010, 11:11 PM   #121 (permalink)

Just got off the phone with T-mobile.

Got me a MT3G Slide free since Amazon is offering it free with an upgrade.
Old June 20th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadrider123 View Post
with the mytouch3g slide now having root has to be a thought
Its still not going to be able to play the great android games like Speed Forge so no more thought for me and plus not a fan of slide out keyboards.
Old June 20th, 2010, 11:31 PM   #123 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Quote:
Its still not going to be able to play the great android games like Speed Forge...
why not?
Last edited by euph_22; June 20th, 2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old June 21st, 2010, 01:28 AM   #124 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!

My phone of choice is the HTC Desire, due to drop in August. Hopefully Tmo will get it. The rumor mill has been crankin' on this one since January when we all started talking about the Bravo/Passion/Desire possibilities. I want an adult phone, not a glorified Sidekick. The HTC Desire is a beauty. I am sure that they will update the specs prior to launch in the US. And with 2.2 onboard, that will cinch it for me. But make no mistake with a few tweaks, that HTC Desire will be a contender...Yep, that's my baby! Buh-bye Samsung!!!

YouTube - HTC Desire first impressions
Last edited by NowVoyager; June 21st, 2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:18 AM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
why not?
The processor can't handle it.

games with that kind of quality require 1ghz processor no lie.
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:56 AM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Its still not going to be able to play the great android games like Speed Forge so no more thought for me and plus not a fan of slide out keyboards.
I have an Xbox and a 55 inch HDTV don't need games on my phone.
Old June 21st, 2010, 04:33 AM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
I have an Xbox and a 55 inch HDTV don't need games on my phone.
Great for you then. You still can't take them with you everywhere. Mobile gaming. Get on it. Of course its not a need just like mobile phones don't need android to make a call or text. By your logic here you don't need games. All we need is bread, water, and meat and certain vitamins and protein. What does this have to do with anything? Nothing really. basically this is just me ranting.

Back to the topic sure you have a lot of things but it would be a hell lot better to have one device that does it all don't you say?
Old June 21st, 2010, 05:20 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Great for you then. You still can't take them with you everywhere. Mobile gaming. Get on it. Of course its not a need just like mobile phones don't need android to make a call or text. By your logic here you don't need games. All we need is bread, water, and meat and certain vitamins and protein. What does this have to do with anything? Nothing really. basically this is just me ranting.

Back to the topic sure you have a lot of things but it would be a hell lot better to have one device that does it all don't you say?
This is true.

My logic though is that I want a phone with a flash on the camera, a slide out keyboard to keep my screen from having a million fingerprints, and a decent battery life.

My Cliq can make it through a whole day but if it had a 1+ GHz processor and I was playing games a lot on it I would have to charge it contantly.

Its not exactly games on the go when you have to be plugged in all the time.
Old June 21st, 2010, 05:32 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
This is true.

My logic though is that I want a phone with a flash on the camera, a slide out keyboard to keep my screen from having a million fingerprints, and a decent battery life.

My Cliq can make it through a whole day but if it had a 1+ GHz processor and I was playing games a lot on it I would have to charge it contantly.

Its not exactly games on the go when you have to be plugged in all the time.
Well that is true as well. I too wish this phone had a flash camera that is the only flaw I see in this phone and I hate slide out keyboards I rather just have a touch screen only phone. The battery life I am sure will be fine. Galaxy S is perfect for me aside from the one flaw but I am most likely not gonna sell my BH2 so that i would just have that as a camera more so. Plus through wifi tethering I could send the pictures to the Galaxy S over Galaxy S's wifi
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:17 AM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Well that is true as well. I too wish this phone had a flash camera that is the only flaw I see in this phone and I hate slide out keyboards I rather just have a touch screen only phone. The battery life I am sure will be fine. Galaxy S is perfect for me aside from the one flaw but I am most likely not gonna sell my BH2 so that i would just have that as a camera more so. Plus through wifi tethering I could send the pictures to the Galaxy S over Galaxy S's wifi
I used to prefer the all touch phones until I got my Cliq. Swype is ok but I found myself often times not being able to remember where a letter is mid-word and not being able to locate it because my finger was in the way. My main keyboard I used was better keyboard because it has voice to text. Now that I have a hardware keyboard I don't despise typing long texts or using it to type on the web (like I am now). After the experience I won't buy a phone without a keyboard.
sponsored links
Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:11 AM   #131 (permalink)

For those waiting on the Samsung Vibrant the prerelease version of at&t's Galaxy S the Captivate is said to be "sluggish despite the fast processor".

Sounds familiar.............. glad I went with the Slide.............

http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/1579/
Last edited by mwl1119; June 23rd, 2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #132 (permalink)

The vibrant just went on sale on Tmobile's site:

Unsupported Browser

To all those that waited for it....................... GOOD LUCK!

*EDIT* LOL the link to the page came up as "Unsupported"............

.......well if that aint a freakin' omen right there!
Last edited by mwl1119; July 15th, 2010 at 02:10 AM. Reason: language...
Old July 15th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #133 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!

Quote:
The vibrant just went on sale on Tmobile's site:

Unsupported Browser

To all those that waited for it....................... GOOD LUCK!

*EDIT* LOL the link to the page came up as "Unsupported"............
Prescient!!! ROTFLOL
Last edited by noonehereyet; July 15th, 2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old July 15th, 2010, 01:47 AM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
I used to prefer the all touch phones until I got my Cliq. Swype is ok but I found myself often times not being able to remember where a letter is mid-word and not being able to locate it because my finger was in the way. My main keyboard I used was better keyboard because it has voice to text. Now that I have a hardware keyboard I don't despise typing long texts or using it to type on the web (like I am now). After the experience I won't buy a phone without a keyboard.
My experience was different with the cliq granted I only used it for minutes due to it being my sisters but i felt it being more of a bother. Although that ain't the first time I messed with a slide out qwerty I also used to mess with the Sidekick slide also was my sister's I kinda liked it but I am addicted to T9 and predictive text since all of my phones had them so I texted faster with them using only one finger. So swype is ideal for me since it allows me to continue that but T9 isn't the same on touch screen because it doesn't have that button pushing feel but I still like touch opposed to qwerty. I guess because I would have to use Two hands rather than one. Then also I tried my friends impression the touch screen sucked and as well as the samsung highlight god that thing needs a physical keyboard so hard to type on the screen.
Old July 15th, 2010, 01:55 AM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
For those waiting on the Samsung Vibrant the prerelease version of at&t's Galaxy S the Captivate is said to be "sluggish despite the fast processor".

Sounds familiar.............. glad I went with the Slide.............

Viddler.com - Samsung Captivate preview - Uploaded by engadget
Haha thats probably because they replaced it with AT&T's Bloatware lol bing instead of google how dare they. They cripple everything Android no surprise to me that it would be sluggish lol.

But The Vibrant reviews were great though the guy who tested it had nothing but positives and only one negative to say about it. That negative was lack of camera flash. He even went as far enough to say that he LOVED TOUCHWIZ 3.0.
Old July 15th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #136 (permalink)
Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 32GB Gold iPhone 5s - 16GB Nexus 7 (2nd gen) - Chromecast

Just got thru playing with the Vibrant at a T-Mobile store and even though I'm hell bent against Samsung. I have to say that is one sleek device. The screen is amazing and it weighs close to nothing.

If I wasn't enjoying the goodness of froyo on my mytouch. I would probably have to consider it as an alternative.
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #137 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Sensation 4G, MyTouch 3G Slide

Quote:
Haha thats probably because they replaced it with AT&T's Bloatware lol bing instead of google how dare they. They cripple everything Android no surprise to me that it would be sluggish lol.
FYI AT&T did not replace google with bing on the captivate (their first android phone that wasn't stuffed with bing). It's the same all flash no substance phone on all 4 carriers for better or worse, with the exception of a keyboard and newly launched yet soon to be obsolete wimax (spirnt will be switching to LTE in 2011 and phasing out wimax).
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by behold_this View Post
FYI AT&T did not replace google with bing on the captivate (their first android phone that wasn't stuffed with bing). It's the same all flash no substance phone on all 4 carriers for better or worse, with the exception of a keyboard and newly launched yet soon to be obsolete wimax (spirnt will be switching to LTE in 2011 and phasing out wimax).
T-Mo may go the way of LTE and Sprint May merge with Tmobile all are just rumours right now. Either whatever problem AT&T's version had is not the same case for T-Mobile's Version it is not all flash no substance and benchmark tests prove it Literally the BEST android phone on the market.

Durability proves it

Storage proves it.

Hating on it because Samsung made it is unnecessary. Its the best device and will be continued to supporting.

Humming bird beat snapdragon and motorola's processor.
Old July 15th, 2010, 08:02 PM   #139 (permalink)

Read up neither of those are the newest or best processor. Droid x processor is not a snapdragon first of all and is faster with multitasking browsing and opening apps. Galaxy has a better graphics processor so better for games and video so it's not the all around fastest phone. It depends what u want to do with your phone. Droid x scores higher running 2.1 then galaxy running 2.1 but loses graphics benchmarks. Read up you're going by outdated (one week ago could be outdated) and incorrect info.
Old July 15th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #140 (permalink)
Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 32GB Gold iPhone 5s - 16GB Nexus 7 (2nd gen) - Chromecast

I must add, all the reports off the galaxy s being sluggish is a lie. That thing flies.

Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by shawn1224; July 15th, 2010 at 08:19 PM.
sponsored links
Old July 15th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #141 (permalink)

See and it lagged big time for me in these areas: opening dialer, opening contacts from the dialer, and opening MSG app and txt. Sound familiar same slow spots the b2 has. Apps load fast, video loads and refesh rate is fast, web browsing is on par with most phones in it's league. All in all it's a very decent phone, but not an almighty superphone! It's average among other top tier phones. It's a great phone for tmo, but it is nothing special!!
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
See and it lagged big time for me in these areas: opening dialer, opening contacts from the dialer, and opening MSG app and txt. Sound familiar same slow spots the b2 has. Apps load fast, video loads and refesh rate is fast, web browsing is on par with most phones in it's league. All in all it's a very decent phone, but not an almighty superphone! It's average among other top tier phones. It's a great phone for tmo, but it is nothing special!!
I got my hands on the Galaxy tonight at the Tmo store down the street and I must say I agree with what you said. It also had a hard time connecting to the market while my slide did just fine side by side.

I do like the vibrant more after playing with it minus the issues stated above and the size of it.

I still love my Slide more
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:28 AM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Read up neither of those are the newest or best processor. Droid x processor is not a snapdragon first of all and is faster with multitasking browsing and opening apps. Galaxy has a better graphics processor so better for games and video so it's not the all around fastest phone. It depends what u want to do with your phone. Droid x scores higher running 2.1 then galaxy running 2.1 but loses graphics benchmarks. Read up you're going by outdated (one week ago could be outdated) and incorrect info.
You should note that I have never said that droid 2 or x processors were snapdragon who the hell cares if the processor is new if it out performs more than 90% of devices out right now? TI OMAP 1GHZ and Samsung Hummbird are based on the same technology. Being the Cortex A8.

One week is NOT outdated information. It's highly relevant. What makes you think it will change unless the firmware is different?

Either way its put the galaxy s series has a better gpu + cpu combination than the droid x. Apparently according to a source they have found a fix to where Samsung's Processor Matches the TI OMAP CPU and with that combination its most definitely unstoppable. Droid X vs Galaxy S and more with Quadrant Professional | Android Phone Blog
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #144 (permalink)

Device(s): Exhibit II running CM9 Beta

Now where's my brick phone?? Never had any of these problems with that thing
Old May 6th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #145 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One S, LG G2x, Behold II, Nokia N95, and a drawer full of dinosaurs

Send a message via Yahoo to mmandros mmandros
Notsure

Nearly Dead Thread.

It is time for me to move on and these suggestions are so old there are new phones. Any insight refreshed for May 2011? I may have the funds to switch and would welcome the thoughts of this community.

Thanks

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2