Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

View Poll Results: Getting the Galaxy S?
Yes 8 21.62%
No 29 78.38%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
yatimameiji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 471
 
Device(s): Samsung Vibrant + Nero v4 + Voodoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 43 Times in 38 Posts
Default Who is leaving for the Galaxy S?

So yes I do feel some bitterness with this whole hoopla over the Behold II, but I'm a gadget whore and well I'm leaving for the Galaxy S. Just wondering who else has this in mind.

__________________
"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it."
-- Richard P. Feynman
yatimameiji is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Samsung Behold II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Call me stubborn but even though the Galaxy S looks to be a good contender I just can't purchase another Samsung phone.
brmayhem is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brmayhem For This Useful Post:
euph_22 (June 10th, 2010), ImABoss (June 10th, 2010), Mastermind278 (June 11th, 2010), mwl1119 (June 10th, 2010)
Old June 10th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 129
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I got my Behold II for free, it works just fine for me and anything I want to do, so I don't have any need to switch for quite awhile.
inaz4sun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
GODMODE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 199
 
Device(s): G1, MT4G.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to GODMODE
Default

I've never owned a samsung smartphone. I'm curious to know the quality. I usually go with htc or moto, sharp. I'm in the usa on tmobile... tmo really needs a serious android phone.
__________________
: : all your mode are belong to us : :
www.godmode.com
GODMODE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
rleal2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 385
 
Device(s): Samsung Behold II, HTC T-Mobile Mytouch Slide (Black)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Default

People are traders! They ride along with the crowd that hate samsung, and as soon as samsung puts out something better, they just right on their bandwagon.

Nevermind that they wasted 200 dollars for an unsupported phone.

Its kind of like a gf that cheats on you, and you say, "I will never go back to her" and then comes naked right before you, and you get tempted and think "well she said that she'll treat me nice if i took her back".

Over for me means OVER.
rleal2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rleal2010 For This Useful Post:
ImABoss (June 11th, 2010)
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
cracked_reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): BH2 BH_MAN 1.6 Factory no Twiz
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I won't say never, but after the BH2 problems, I'm going to wait and see after the SGS has been out for a while... I don't need the biggest and best hardware, but I want what I do have to do what I need it to do. It's 50/50 with the BH2.
cracked_reality is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,635
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 290
Thanked 595 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Just so you know, when you buy the Galaxy S, Samsung drops support after 6 months...I will be there. Pointing and laughing.
euph_22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
cracked_reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): BH2 BH_MAN 1.6 Factory no Twiz
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
Just so you know, when you buy the Galaxy S, Samsung drops support after 6 months...I will be there. Pointing and laughing.
How do you know that Samsung drops support after 6 months?
cracked_reality is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,635
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 290
Thanked 595 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracked_reality View Post
How do you know that Samsung drops support after 6 months?
I don't...but considering they dropped support for the Behold 2 and the Galaxy. And they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to support the Moment. I won't be surprised if they start bringing the Galaxy T online and drop the S like a stone. Honestly, I think they will support it for awhile (1 year+)...but they've demonstrated a willingness to Screw there customers.

At some point there are no victims, just volunteers.
euph_22 is offline  
Last edited by euph_22; June 10th, 2010 at 11:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
cracked_reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): BH2 BH_MAN 1.6 Factory no Twiz
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

That wasn't at all meant as an attack (re-reading it, I thought it could be construed that way), and your argument for it makes a lot of sense. I'm not familiar with the moment, but know about the BH2 and Galaxy "issue" all too well. Being reminded of the reasons makes me shy away from Samsung.

yatimameiji, sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.
cracked_reality is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Posts: 920
 
Device(s): Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 55
Thanked 130 Times in 81 Posts
Default

LOL I love the assumption that Samsung is going to drop all support after 6 months. You do realize that there won't even be another Android update for another year right? At that point, a lot of us will be going for the next big thing. So really, whether or not Samsung updates this phone beyond 2.2 is really a moot point.
spiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,635
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 290
Thanked 595 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
LOL I love the assumption that Samsung is going to drop all support after 6 months. You do realize that there won't even be another Android update for another year right? At that point, a lot of us will be going for the next big thing. So really, whether or not Samsung updates this phone beyond 2.2 is really a moot point.
Yup, Ginerbread is targeted for Q4, 2010...Android 3.0 Gingerbread Announced (6 months from now, for those playing at home)

And if you're ok spending $1700 on phones every 2 years to my $200, then yes it's a moot point.
And again, I'm not assuming they'll drop support. I just won't be surprised if they do.
euph_22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Samsung Behold II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
LOL I love the assumption that Samsung is going to drop all support after 6 months. You do realize that there won't even be another Android update for another year right? At that point, a lot of us will be going for the next big thing. So really, whether or not Samsung updates this phone beyond 2.2 is really a moot point.
Your argument is always at how OS updates will soon be yearly but have you considered minor bug fixes, OTA, etc?

I'm in no way telling you or anyone else to not buy the phone. I do hope it works out for all future buyers.
brmayhem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2FR35H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,224
 
Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 167
Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleal2010 View Post
People are traders! They ride along with the crowd that hate samsung, and as soon as samsung puts out something better, they just right on their bandwagon.

Nevermind that they wasted 200 dollars for an unsupported phone.

Its kind of like a gf that cheats on you, and you say, "I will never go back to her" and then comes naked right before you, and you get tempted and think "well she said that she'll treat me nice if i took her back".

Over for me means OVER.
No a trader would be switching from android to apple's iOS lol

and hey some gf's do deserve a second chance.
2FR35H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NowVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 558
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 275
Thanked 515 Times in 443 Posts
Default

Caveat Emptor
NowVoyager is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Posts: 920
 
Device(s): Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 55
Thanked 130 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Your argument is always at how OS updates will soon be yearly but have you considered minor bug fixes, OTA, etc?

I'm in no way telling you or anyone else to not buy the phone. I do hope it works out for all future buyers.
That's true. But this is also their first high end, flagship phone. They've only created mid-range devices up until now. I'm willing to believe that they'll change their ways and start supporting this device. There is too much at stake with the publicity it's receiving. None of their previous phones were as highly regarded.
spiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BiGMERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,080
 
Device(s): Transformer Prime and GSM Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 273 Times in 208 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BiGMERF Send a message via Yahoo to BiGMERF Tainosolja@gmail.com
Default Re: Who is leaving for the Galaxy S?

If I were you guys I would never get another samsung phone, after what they did to you.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
__________________
Twitter= BiGMERF
Google Plus = http://bit.ly/vfQSe8
BiGMERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Posts: 920
 
Device(s): Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 55
Thanked 130 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph_22 View Post
Just so you know, when you buy the Galaxy S, Samsung drops support after 6 months...I will be there. Pointing and laughing.
And when they do continue to support it, I will be pointing and laughing that you purchased yet another mid-range device from TMobile.

People... stop comparing the BH2 to the Galaxy S. I paid $79 for my BH2. Many received it for free. Purchase a mid-range device, receive mid-range service.

I admit that I never wanted to buy another Samsung phone, but all it takes is a little research and common sense to understand some simple observations.
spiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,635
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 290
Thanked 595 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
And when they do continue to support it, I will be pointing and laughing that you purchased yet another mid-range device from TMobile.

People... stop comparing the BH2 to the Galaxy S. I paid $79 for my BH2. Many received it for free. Purchase a mid-range device, receive mid-range service.

I admit that I never wanted to buy another Samsung phone, but all it takes is a little research and common sense to understand some simple observations.
Im actually switching to Verizon and getting a droid incredible ( once samsung makes a screen for it ). (Im moving, and tmobile has nothing but gprs there)

And we all bought a midrange phone and got NO service. Just about every phone in the us market is getting eclair, except us. As a BA in math, I can tell you that is NOT midrange.

And for people who think Samsung will support it for pr reasons, if samsung saw the value in appearing to stand by their products, why would they cut us loose just before the rollout? What makes you think that will change?
euph_22 is offline  
Last edited by euph_22; June 11th, 2010 at 02:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NowVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 558
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 275
Thanked 515 Times in 443 Posts
Default

When the Behold 2 dropped, it was Tmo's Top of the line Android @ $229. It was touted to be a contender, with its AMOLED display, its 5 megapixel camera, proprietary garbage notwithstanding...I was not ashamed to put it on the table in a business meeting when I first got it...It didn't look like a teenager's toy. Unfortunately, it soon came apart like a cheap suit in terms of the deluge of faulty internal issues. Fast fwd to today. And like the Galaxy and Behold buyers before us, we too were left out in the cold.

What makes you believe that anything will be any different this next time? Because they are dangling yet ANOTHER carrot? (This is your light bulb moment). What we have experienced seems like a pattern. When I want to throw away money, I'll go to Vegas. I have better odds!
NowVoyager is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
rleal2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 385
 
Device(s): Samsung Behold II, HTC T-Mobile Mytouch Slide (Black)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Default

GUYS GUYS,

Its not fair to say that samsung will drop support for its new, because it didn't stop supporting its galaxy phone.......

.........its just that you have to pay another $200+ for samsungs support to continue after 6 months (Galaxy S).


So all of you with behold II's, dont draw negative attention to samsung because you THINK it dropped support for you, when you should know very well that support will continue in the form off a "BEHOLD III", (and another $200+ charge for it)

(i'm completely against samsung if you couldn't tell lol)

and whats up with all these people going after the best phones all the time? It reminds me of all the kids in high school when they would follow the "popular" kid, until he became "un-cool" lol
rleal2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
yatimameiji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 471
 
Device(s): Samsung Vibrant + Nero v4 + Voodoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 43 Times in 38 Posts
Tongue

Heh its like putting a stick in an ant hill. Anyways yes we all have been burned by what has happened with the BHII, but I think things are very different considering how Samsung is handling the launch. They are heavily promoting this phone throughout the world, which is something the other phones did not get. Their promo site is very high quality and even shows off a home dock, something else the other phones never had. I feel confident that they plan on supporting this phone consider how much effort has gone into their marketing over seas. Once its launched here in the states, I'm sure we'll see even more. Samsung has even used this phone to do a bit of trash talkin to Apple and their iPhone 4. You guys should seriously get out of the forums and go read the tech blogs, lurking in shadows is not good for your skin :P
yatimameiji is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Posts: 920
 
Device(s): Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 55
Thanked 130 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleal2010 View Post
GUYS GUYS,

Its not fair to say that samsung will drop support for its new, because it didn't stop supporting its galaxy phone.......

.........its just that you have to pay another $200+ for samsungs support to continue after 6 months (Galaxy S).


So all of you with behold II's, dont draw negative attention to samsung because you THINK it dropped support for you, when you should know very well that support will continue in the form off a "BEHOLD III", (and another $200+ charge for it)

(i'm completely against samsung if you couldn't tell lol)

and whats up with all these people going after the best phones all the time? It reminds me of all the kids in high school when they would follow the "popular" kid, until he became "un-cool" lol
If anyone actually paid around $200 for the BH2, that's more of a personal mistake than anything. The BH2 received no advertisements, and during the time, the MT3G was TMobile's big thing. I bought the BH2 because it was significantly cheaper than the MT3G at the time.

And to answer your question about having the best phone all the time... a lot of people here consider this more of a hobby than just purchasing a phone for normal use. It's a techy thing I guess.
spiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Posts: 920
 
Device(s): Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 55
Thanked 130 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatimameiji View Post
Heh its like putting a stick in an ant hill. Anyways yes we all have been burned by what has happened with the BHII, but I think things are very different considering how Samsung is handling the launch. They are heavily promoting this phone throughout the world, which is something the other phones did not get. Their promo site is very high quality and even shows off a home dock, something else the other phones never had. I feel confident that they plan on supporting this phone consider how much effort has gone into their marketing over seas. Once its launched here in the states, I'm sure we'll see even more. Samsung has even used this phone to do a bit of trash talkin to Apple and their iPhone 4. You guys should seriously get out of the forums and go read the tech blogs, lurking in shadows is not good for your skin :P
Exactly. People are butt hurt that their POS phone was dropped and can't get over it. When a phone is free, it should be a sign that it sucks and the company has no intention of paying any more attention to it.
spiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NowVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 558
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 275
Thanked 515 Times in 443 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
If anyone actually paid around $200 for the BH2, that's more of a personal mistake than anything. The BH2 received no advertisements, and during the time, the MT3G was TMobile's big thing. I bought the BH2 because it was significantly cheaper than the MT3G at the time.
The mistake was buying Samsung and trusting their advertising. The phone's cost at launch was not cheap and it was NOT mid-range... It was the most expensive Android phone that Tmobile offered at that time. The only alternative was not to purchase at all...which as I said was where I made my mistake.

@Yati - The fact that Samsung is going large with their advertising is not necessarily an indication of better service. It is possibly more an indication of arrogance. It is simply a thrust to gain more market share. Historically, they have tanked in the "service to existing phone customer" department. I'm the type person who bases my opinion on what you *do* rather than what you *say*...My experience with Samsung has confirmed that ideology for me.

For me, riding with Samsung again, is sort of like a woman who dates a guy with a shaky reputation - thinking that he won't do to *her* what he has done to all who preceded her. BIG MISTAKE. HUGE. Her friends have to standby and "be there" for her when she later has to press charges and gets dumped. Well, yeah...there will always be that friend who'll say, "I told ya!" We love that friend. We just don't invite her out anywhere

By all means if the Galaxy appeals to you that much, get it. But don't be surprised if in a few months you get that sinking feeling and you feel a tinge of deja vu. Just keep an account at Craigslist and at the four month mark...run for it!!!
NowVoyager is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NowVoyager For This Useful Post:
euph_22 (June 11th, 2010)
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Samsung Behold II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
If anyone actually paid around $200 for the BH2, that's more of a personal mistake than anything. The BH2 received no advertisements, and during the time, the MT3G was TMobile's big thing. I bought the BH2 because it was significantly cheaper than the MT3G at the time.

And to answer your question about having the best phone all the time... a lot of people here consider this more of a hobby than just purchasing a phone for normal use. It's a techy thing I guess.
PERSONAL MISTAKE?

I bought my Samsung for $449 when it first came out. Why? Because I was told by a Tmo salesman AND Samsung that it would get 2.x. It did receive advertisements (TV, radio, and internet) and every single time I went in a store I always heard how great of a phone it was from every single rep along with seeing posters on the walls and I certainly do not recall the BH2 being cheaper than the MT3G. Your posts make no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
Exactly. People are butt hurt that their POS phone was dropped and can't get over it. When a phone is free, it should be a sign that it sucks and the company has no intention of paying any more attention to it.
Again. Are you serious? Maybe we are "butt hurt" because I don't like throwing money out the window and being lied to. I know, I should just get over it and buy another Samsung. They certainly won't do it now. I mean, it's their flagship device and they even have " a very high quality web-site and even shows off a home dock, something else the other phones never had. " You guys are ridiculous.
brmayhem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
rleal2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 385
 
Device(s): Samsung Behold II, HTC T-Mobile Mytouch Slide (Black)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Default

guys guys,

Its all about perspective.

If you have tons of money, like my good friend spiz (nice to see you again), and everyone else, then of course you want to have the best phone on the market.

Hello! these phone are not just handheld devices, they are also attention getters. I mean look at the ipad and iphone 4, they get a lot of attention.

But anyways, yes we are "butthurt", if thats what you want to call it. I call it a lesson learned. Maybe everyone else would like a phone company to screw them with one hand and feed them with the other, but I'm not like that. I'm a human being and I have feelings. "Trusting" is one of those feelings, and if I feel that a company is just using me to fatten their wallets, then I'm sorry to say that i'm not going to trust them in my world. Not now, not ever!

To all the band wagon people, heres a drink a to ya!
rleal2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Posts: 920
 
Device(s): Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 55
Thanked 130 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
PERSONAL MISTAKE?

I bought my Samsung for $449 when it first came out. Why? Because I was told by a Tmo salesman AND Samsung that it would get 2.x. It did receive advertisements (TV, radio, and internet) and every single time I went in a store I always heard how great of a phone it was from every single rep along with seeing posters on the walls and I certainly do not recall the BH2 being cheaper than the MT3G. Your posts make no sense.
Ok, we can all drop the excuse about the video. Most of you people didn't even know about that video had it not been for these forums. And the real issue here is that you were lied to by a TMobile salesman. Imagine that. A salesman stretched a story to get you to buy a product. It sounds like your beef should be with TMo here.

When I purchased the BH2 in December, the rep I worked with said it would get 1.6 according to his Samsung rep, but had never heard anything about 2.x. So I wasn't expecting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Again. Are you serious? Maybe we are "butt hurt" because I don't like throwing money out the window and being lied to. I know, I should just get over it and buy another Samsung. They certainly won't do it now. I mean, it's their flagship device and they even have " a very high quality web-site and even shows off a home dock, something else the other phones never had. " You guys are ridiculous.
Has Samsung ever had this much publicity for another phone? No. So you can't compare past phones to this one.
spiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spiz For This Useful Post:
2FR35H (June 11th, 2010)
Old June 11th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Samsung Behold II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Most definitely not an excuse. Call me crazy but I tend to research my ass off before I spend my hard earned money. I saw the videos, and researched the hardware and concluded that the phone described back in November of 2009 was perfect for me.

Since when does it mean that a highly publicized product has to turn out to be as good as it should?
brmayhem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,635
 
Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 290
Thanked 595 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Most definitely not an excuse. Call me crazy but I tend to research my ass off before I spend my hard earned money. I saw the videos, and researched the hardware and concluded that the phone described back in November of 2009 was perfect for me.

Since when does it mean that a highly publicized product has to turn out to be as good as it should?
Same here (in Febuary). Theres differences between marketing and support. Actually Samsung putting some much effort into marketing might work AGAINST the phone getting gingerbread. When the next phone comes along in 6 months, right when Gingerbread should be coming online, they'll want to Market it. They'll want people to buy it. They won't want people keeping the Galaxy S, so do you think upgrading the old phones OS will be a priority.
euph_22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2FR35H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,224
 
Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 167
Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowVoyager View Post
When the Behold 2 dropped, it was Tmo's Top of the line Android @ $229. It was touted to be a contender, with its AMOLED display, its 5 megapixel camera, proprietary garbage notwithstanding...I was not ashamed to put it on the table in a business meeting when I first got it...It didn't look like a teenager's toy. Unfortunately, it soon came apart like a cheap suit in terms of the deluge of faulty internal issues. Fast fwd to today. And like the Galaxy and Behold buyers before us, we too were left out in the cold.

What makes you believe that anything will be any different this next time? Because they are dangling yet ANOTHER carrot? (This is your light bulb moment). What we have experienced seems like a pattern. When I want to throw away money, I'll go to Vegas. I have better odds!
How about the 110 countries its being launched in opposed to behold 2's America only? Thats a LOT of money wasted and bad PR if Samsung drops support after 6 months. Behold 2 was Tmo's top of the line android but still behind Verizon's droid and Sprint's Moment.
2FR35H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:23 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2FR35H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,224
 
Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 167
Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Most definitely not an excuse. Call me crazy but I tend to research my ass off before I spend my hard earned money. I saw the videos, and researched the hardware and concluded that the phone described back in November of 2009 was perfect for me.

Since when does it mean that a highly publicized product has to turn out to be as good as it should?
Why not search the reviews for yourself? the Galaxy S is getting good ones in Europe.

you all seem to not understand that by releasing a device world wide like this to 110 countries will ensure that support is not dropped within the first 6 months. They won't just leave this for a new one in 6 months because it would look bad on them and pissing off 110 countries doesn't look good for business. they would lose more money by not supporting the device. This device is on level with the HD2 on Tmobile. It will be Tmo's flagship android and it won't be abandoned in the first 6 months I guarantee it.
2FR35H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Posts: 920
 
Device(s): Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 55
Thanked 130 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Most definitely not an excuse. Call me crazy but I tend to research my ass off before I spend my hard earned money. I saw the videos, and researched the hardware and concluded that the phone described back in November of 2009 was perfect for me.
Well you could be an exception to my post... but I'd say the majority of BH2 owners on these forums claimed to have purchased a BH2 because of that video, when in reality, they never even saw that video prior to coming to these forums AFTER they had already purchased the phone. Whether or not they admit that is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Since when does it mean that a highly publicized product has to turn out to be as good as it should?
It doesn't. I'm merely saying that Samsung has never put this much money and effort into advertising a smart phone like they are with the Galaxy. To me, thats a sign that they want to to back this phone up. Keep in mind that they have publicly declared war against Apple. This is the phone to compete against the iPhone4. In order to do so, they know that they had better damn well take care of this phone and its users.

Aside from those obvious points, my source has given me plenty of intel that has made me want to give Samsung another chance. I guarantee if you find BH_MAN, and ask him to talk to his Samsung rep, he'll tell you the same thing.
spiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Posts: 920
 
Device(s): Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 55
Thanked 130 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FR35H View Post
Why not search the reviews for yourself? the Galaxy S is getting good ones in Europe.

you all seem to not understand that by releasing a device world wide like this to 110 countries will ensure that support is not dropped within the first 6 months. They won't just leave this for a new one in 6 months because it would look bad on them and pissing off 110 countries doesn't look good for business. they would lose more money by not supporting the device. This device is on level with the HD2 on Tmobile. It will be Tmo's flagship android and it won't be abandoned in the first 6 months I guarantee it.
Thank you. Common sense is not always so common.
spiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:45 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2FR35H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,224
 
Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 167
Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
Thank you. Common sense is not always so common.
Yup unfortunately that is true.
2FR35H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #36 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): mytouch 3g cyanogen 5.08
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

that Galaxy s will be a nice hardware phone, but so was the bh2 at the time.............and yes there is the possiblity that this phone will be dropped in 6 months considering that motorola has promoted a 2ghz processor by years end in an android phone, and other companies are promoting dual processor phones by year end. so will samsuck follow through and support a phone that will be behind the current technology by years end or drop support again and simply focus on a new flagship phone? spend your money how you like............and if your happy with the phone be happy but be informed and dont cry about it IF it does happen again. They won't just leave this for a new one in 6 months because it would look bad on them and pissing off 110 countries doesn't look good for business. they would lose more money by not supporting the device (2FR35H). they actually can drop support by saying that they want to bring the latest and greatest, which is something samsung does.
fm335 is offline  
Last edited by fm335; June 11th, 2010 at 04:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Posts: 920
 
Device(s): Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 55
Thanked 130 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm335 View Post
that Galaxy s will be a nice hardware phone, but so was the bh2 at the time.............and yes there is the possiblity that this phone will be dropped in 6 months considering that motorola has promoted a 2ghz processor by years end in an android phone, and other companies are promoting dual processor phones by year end. so will samsuck follow through and support a phone that will be behind the current technology by years end or drop support again and simply focus on a new flagship phone? spend your money how you like............and if your happy with the phone be happy but be informed and dont cry about it IF it does happen again. They won't just leave this for a new one in 6 months because it would look bad on them and pissing off 110 countries doesn't look good for business. they would lose more money by not supporting the device (2FR35H). they actually can drop support by saying that they want to bring the latest and greatest, which is something samsung does.
Yeah I read that about Motorola. They don't even have a 1ghz processor yet. And the Droid 2 has a 750mhz processor. I don't think Samsung is concerned with what they're doing because they are catering to the mid-range market.
spiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2FR35H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,224
 
Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 167
Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm335 View Post
that Galaxy s will be a nice hardware phone, but so was the bh2 at the time.............and yes there is the possiblity that this phone will be dropped in 6 months considering that motorola has promoted a 2ghz processor by years end in an android phone, and other companies are promoting dual processor phones by year end. so will samsuck follow through and support a phone that will be behind the current technology by years end or drop support again and simply focus on a new flagship phone? spend your money how you like............and if your happy with the phone be happy but be informed and dont cry about it IF it does happen again. They won't just leave this for a new one in 6 months because it would look bad on them and pissing off 110 countries doesn't look good for business. they would lose more money by not supporting the device (2FR35H). they actually can drop support by saying that they want to bring the latest and greatest, which is something samsung does.
Sure of course they CAN but they would be ABSOLUTELY STUPID to do so like I said Samsung doesn't want to piss off 110 countries its bad PR and would cost them much more than they would and do put into the device itself. The CEO already guaranteed Froyo. On a global scale if you don't follow through on keeping it amazing nobody is going to buy their next product. Word of mouth spreads fast might I tell you. Behold 2 got across on the blogs and boards of the android community already even on engadget. If they do what they did with the behold 2 absolutely nobody will care to trust them again. Of which would mean an end to Samsung being a high end smartphone manufacturer.

Samsung is evil to an extent but they aren't stupid business wise.
2FR35H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:31 PM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NowVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 558
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 275
Thanked 515 Times in 443 Posts
Default

Galaxy. Behold. Behold 2.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. ~George Santayana
NowVoyager is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2FR35H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,224
 
Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 167
Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowVoyager View Post
Galaxy. Behold. Behold 2.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. ~George Santayana
Of course people remember the past but even in the past all those phone weren't as worldly released as Galaxy S so that is invalid not to mention regular behold was not an android.
2FR35H is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Samsung Behold II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FR35H View Post
Why not search the reviews for yourself? the Galaxy S is getting good ones in Europe.
What does that have to do with anything I've said in this post? I'll say this for the last time, the Galaxy S seems to be a great phone right now. Stable software (incredibly distasteful and unoriginal IMO), and great hardware. It's been receiving good reviews (bad ones too) but my question lies on future support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FR35H View Post
you all seem to not understand that by releasing a device world wide like this to 110 countries will ensure that support is not dropped within the first 6 months. They won't just leave this for a new one in 6 months because it would look bad on them and pissing off 110 countries doesn't look good for business. they would lose more money by not supporting the device. This device is on level with the HD2 on Tmobile. It will be Tmo's flagship android and it won't be abandoned in the first 6 months I guarantee it.
First of all you can't "guarantee" anything. Second of all, I could careless if this country was being released worldwide and sponsored by the pope. It's my own damn opinion and if you don't like it then stop reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiz View Post
Thank you. Common sense is not always so common.
How is it that I don't have common sense? Because I don't agree with your thesis? Give me a break...
brmayhem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2FR35H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,224
 
Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 167
Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
What does that have to do with anything I've said in this post? I'll say this for the last time, the Galaxy S seems to be a great phone right now. Stable software (incredibly distasteful and unoriginal IMO), and great hardware. It's been receiving good reviews (bad ones too) but my question lies on future support.



First of all you can't "guarantee" anything. Second of all, I could careless if this country was being released worldwide and sponsored by the pope. It's my own damn opinion and if you don't like it then stop reading it.



How is it that I don't have common sense? Because I don't agree with your thesis? Give me a break...
You lack common sense for the first sentence of the quote above. It was a reply to your comment saying how do we know its going to be as good as described. The software isn't going to change until an OS or Maintenance update occurs.

Yeah I can guarantee it, I just did. The CEO CONFIRMED already that this device will receive 2.2 Froyo the only update left to worry about is gingerbread which won't be released til much later in the year. Devices hardly even have Froyo yet. Everyone is still stuck on Android 2.1. Even Nexus One is still waiting on official 2.2 froyo. NOBODY has an OFFICIAL 2.2 UPDATE! The one that anyone has now is a BETA meaning it is still being worked on. Your opinion is nonsense. I already to you why. If you think anyone is going to just up and quit support for a product released like this with as many GREAT reviews as this then you are out of your mind. Its common sense that they will support this device with future updates. Updates are becoming less and less of a question any how because after gingerbread google won't release another android variant till NEXT YEAR!! Do you not realize almost no other phone was released to so many places as the Galaxy S? 110 COUNTRIES it would be financially stupid for Samsung to not support the device. If they drop support for this phone a LOT of people will be pissed. 110 countries will be pissed I know for a fact Samsung doesn't want to do that. Otherwise Samsung will go out of the smartphone business because 110 countries boycotting samsung is not a good look.
2FR35H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Samsung Behold II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Okay let's break this down just for you because it seems to be too much for you to handle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Most definitely not an excuse. Call me crazy but I tend to research my ass off before I spend my hard earned money. I saw the videos, and researched the hardware and concluded that the phone described back in November of 2009 was perfect for me.

Since when does it mean that a highly publicized product has to turn out to be as good as it should?
At the time I've purchased the phone there were great reviews on the hardware of the phone but very little on the software. I purchased it because of the promises of software upgrade given to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FR35H View Post
Yeah I can guarantee it, I just did. The CEO CONFIRMED already that this device will receive 2.2 Froyo the only update left to worry about is gingerbread which won't be released til much later in the year. Devices hardly even have Froyo yet. Everyone is still stuck on Android 2.1. Even Nexus One is still waiting on official 2.2 froyo. NOBODY has an OFFICIAL 2.2 UPDATE! The one that anyone has now is a BETA meaning it is still being worked on. Your opinion is nonsense. I already to you why. If you think anyone is going to just up and quit support for a product released like this with as many GREAT reviews as this then you are out of your mind. Its common sense that they will support this device with future updates. Updates are becoming less and less of a question any how because after gingerbread google won't release another android variant till NEXT YEAR!! Do you not realize almost no other phone was released to so many places as the Galaxy S? 110 COUNTRIES it would be financially stupid for Samsung to not support the device. If they drop support for this phone a LOT of people will be pissed. 110 countries will be pissed I know for a fact Samsung doesn't want to do that. Otherwise Samsung will go out of the smartphone business because 110 countries boycotting samsung is not a good look.
Still can't guarantee anything, keep telling yourself that. THE CEO OF SAMSUNG PROMISED.....wow please, by all means let's trust him!!! Anyone but the CEO of the almighty Samsung! Great guy by the way. I won't trust anything coming out of the guy's mouth. And for the love of god can you please stop repeating how this is a flagship phone, that it will be launched in 110 countries.... it just has to be true.
brmayhem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NowVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 558
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 275
Thanked 515 Times in 443 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FR35H View Post
Of course people remember the past but even in the past all those phone weren't as worldly released as Galaxy S so that is invalid not to mention regular behold was not an android.
My point about the Behold is that it was a $399 Touchscreen Smartphone when it launched and not long after, the owners found their only update path was to buy another phone with a DIFFERENT OS...enter the Behold 2.

Seriously. It's your money. You could throw it out the window and get a better return on your dollar if the wind is blowing in your face. But, if you're thinking that the leopard will suddenly change its spots because the spider has more flies in its trap (wider world release)...It remains to be seen. And as long as you know that going in, you'll be fine.
NowVoyager is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NowVoyager For This Useful Post:
euph_22 (June 12th, 2010)
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2FR35H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,224
 
Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 167
Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowVoyager View Post
My point about the Behold is that it was a $399 Touchscreen Smartphone when it launched and not long after, the owners found their only update path was to buy another phone with a DIFFERENT OS...enter the Behold 2.

Seriously. It's your money. You could throw it out the window and get a better return on your dollar if the wind is blowing in your face. But, if you're thinking that the leopard will suddenly change its spots because the spider has more flies in its trap (wider world release)...It remains to be seen. And as long as you know that going in, you'll be fine.
Its not throwing money away its a great device spec wise even if it gets stuck at froyo of which I am sure it will be updated to gingerbread when the time comes it will still be better than nexus, iPhone 4, and faster than anything verizon has and it was already shown to be faster than nexus. Gingerbread is the only thing I need worrying about but after gingerbread there is no new android OS released by google for a year so worrying would be needed no more. As a matter of fact only thing to worry about for me is who is going to be the developer for the device although galaxy S won't really need it. Its always good to have one.

Throwing money away is getting a MyTouch Slide when its only slightly better than a G1.

Its either Galaxy S or Milestone XT720 for me 4inches of Super Amoled speaks louder though. Not to mention the onboard memory will be much morethan milestone xt720's 512 mb's it may be 2gb's 8gb's or even 16gb's much more apps to store without a2sd I can't wait to compare speeds though the 720mhz is something to be desired but could it be better than N1's or Galaxy S? I do not know.
2FR35H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:39 AM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2FR35H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,224
 
Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 167
Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Okay let's break this down just for you because it seems to be too much for you to handle...

At the time I've purchased the phone there were great reviews on the hardware of the phone but very little on the software. I purchased it because of the promises of software upgrade given to me.

Still can't guarantee anything, keep telling yourself that. THE CEO OF SAMSUNG PROMISED.....wow please, by all means let's trust him!!! Anyone but the CEO of the almighty Samsung! Great guy by the way. I won't trust anything coming out of the guy's mouth. And for the love of god can you please stop repeating how this is a flagship phone, that it will be launched in 110 countries.... it just has to be true.
Are you mentally challenged or something? You had asked me what does me saying check the reviews the Galaxy S had good ones had to do with anything. this quote below is what it has to do with it. If it wasn't living up to its hype don't you think people would give this an absolutely horrible review? but oh wait you lack common sense I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Since when does it mean that a highly publicized product has to turn out to be as good as it should?
I did guarantee it you see it there in writing. The video for bh2 wasn't a CEO and the behold 2 was released only in the USA. The Behold 2 got CRAPPY Reviews. BH2 sold to very few. There are four factors changed here.

1. a 110 COUNTRY RELEASE
2. a CEO CONFIRMED it to receive 2.2 froyo.
3. GREAT REVIEWS!
4. A lot of people already bought the device in europe.

With those four factors in play it ensures that support will be brought. How? like I didn't say this a million times. A world release of a high end iPhone 4 competitor doesn't just up and drop support. If they don't follow through on froyo 110 countries will be pissed a LOT OF PEOPLE BOUGHT this device as opposed to the few bh2 owners. I keep bringing up the fact that this is a flagship phone because you don't grasp it enough and that you don't understand what a flagship phone means to the company. Flagship ensures that support is brought upon due to high popularity flagship devices don't get left behind.
2FR35H is offline  
Last edited by 2FR35H; June 12th, 2010 at 02:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Samsung Behold II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Holy shit, get it through your thick skull: THE PHONE MAY BE GREAT RIGHT NOW, I JUST HAVE DOUBTS THAT IT WILL RECEIVE PROPER FUTURE SUPPORT. I did not ask you or anyone else about the phone's hardware and software. Again, it may be living up to its hype today but its life will be short lived.
brmayhem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 03:02 AM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2FR35H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,224
 
Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 167
Thanked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Holy shit, get it through your thick skull: THE PHONE MAY BE GREAT RIGHT NOW, I JUST HAVE DOUBTS THAT IT WILL RECEIVE PROPER FUTURE SUPPORT. I did not ask you or anyone else about the phone's hardware and software. Again, it may be living up to its hype today but its life will be short lived.
This is no short life or short supported phone get that through your thick head dude.
2FR35H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:27 AM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NowVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Left Coast
Posts: 558
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II aka The Beast!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 275
Thanked 515 Times in 443 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmayhem View Post
Holy shit, get it through your thick skull: THE PHONE MAY BE GREAT RIGHT NOW, I JUST HAVE DOUBTS THAT IT WILL RECEIVE PROPER FUTURE SUPPORT. I did not ask you or anyone else about the phone's hardware and software. Again, it may be living up to its hype today but its life will be short lived.
Don't waste any more time with this one. If he refuses to see the PATTERN of lack of future support that has been the BUSINESS MODEL THUS FAR, he is *exactly* the kind of person that they are looking to catch.

We all (Galaxy owners, Behold owners, Behold 2 owners) bought the hype of "great hardware and specs"... And believe it or not, many Behold 2 owners who bought our phones last year *did* do our research and *did* buy into promises of future support not only from that video which appeared to be Samsung sanctioned but also from the reps who sold us the phones. It was all a LIE.

The Behold 2 had great hardware and specs at launch...its architecture still has great potential! Yet it was abandoned (and we faithful buyers right along with it). And here we are just six months from purchase with a phone that is at its end of life (not to mention its shaky daily performance).

And "oh joy!" this time with yet another launch, It is said that the CEO has promised Froyo! Whoopeee!!! Call it damage control...an attempt to "save face." It is the historical performance that I base my conclusions upon...not some air based promise that has yet to be fulfilled or have any preceding concrete evidence to support it. I will never believe another word from Sammie regarding Smartphones and "future support" based upon their own actions to date towards existing customers.

But to those who want the phone, get the phone and do so as quickly as possible.
NowVoyager is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:16 AM   #50 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I'm happy with the htc evo .
boostedscooby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.