Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Offered MyTouch 3G by T-Mobile

Talked with Customer Loyalty about the issue regarding the Behold II not being updated to Android 2.x as promised. The best offer I have received so far is the MyTouch 3G for $154. No upgrade fee, no shipping fee. What does everyone think? Take it and try it for the 14 day buyer remorse period or hold out for a better deal? They said the Mytouch 3G Slide has been taken off their upgrade list for the time being...?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): MT3G Slide on the way! BeHold 2 kicked to the curb! (99.9% Mac OSX 10.6.2) (00.1% Win XP SP2 dua

I'm on hold as I type with T-Mobile Rep, they are exchanging my BH2 for a MT3G Slide at no cost, no plan extension. I do have to ship back my BH2 though, guess I need to ODIN back to TouchWiz.
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

The rep I talked with said they could not take the Behold II back since it was past the 14 day buyers remorse period.
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

anyone else have an opinion?
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): BH2 BH_MAN 1.6 Factory no Twiz

The only opinion I have is I want something else. Magenta knows what's happening and they knew a lot of BH2 owners were going to be pissed. They should expect it and have something lined up. I would love to be able to do a straight swap like xblue95, but don't have to patience to go round and round with Customer Service.
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Called Customer Loyalty again this morning. Ended up getting the MyTouch 3G Slide for $180 with a $50 mail in rebate. No upgrade fee, no shipping costs, and I do not have to send the Behold II back so I will be able to sell it on Craigslist/eBay. I can live with that. : )
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal69x View Post
Called Customer Loyalty again this morning. Ended up getting the MyTouch 3G Slide for $180 with a $50 mail in rebate. No upgrade fee, no shipping costs, and I do not have to send the Behold II back so I will be able to sell it on Craigslist/eBay. I can live with that. : )
How much did you pay initially for Behold II? I would expect an even exchange? Why do you have to pay $180?
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblue95 View Post
I'm on hold as I type with T-Mobile Rep, they are exchanging my BH2 for a MT3G Slide at no cost, no plan extension. I do have to ship back my BH2 though, guess I need to ODIN back to TouchWiz.
yeah i got a free one and had to send back my behold. even on the em+ plan
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Looks like you guys got a better deal then I did. Thought I got a decent deal at the time. Phone is on its way and I can live with the deal I received. Didn't have to send the Behold II back so when I sell that it will pay for the Slide. Hopefully I wont have another issue like this but if I do I will have to push some more to get a better deal.
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

its funny but I was willing to pay the upgrade price, but ill take a free one anyday lol
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I wasn't looking for a free phone and didn't expect to get something for nothing. I got what I was after. The upgrade price. Kudos to those who were able to get it free!
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s): MT3G Slide on the way! BeHold 2 kicked to the curb! (99.9% Mac OSX 10.6.2) (00.1% Win XP SP2 dua

Quote:
This is the original offer they gave me, but I didn't settle for that. Times are tough and I didn't have an extra $180. I payed about $180 for a MOTO Cliq back in November, went thru 3 Cliq's before swapping out for the BH2, now moving on to HTC MT3G Slide. I hope BH_MAN picked up a SLIDE, his ROM's are the SH$%#T!
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Looks like you guys got a better deal then I did. Thought I got a decent deal at the time. Phone is on its way and I can live with the deal I received. Didn't have to send the Behold II back so when I sell that it will pay for the Slide. Hopefully I wont have another issue like this but if I do I will have to push some more to get a better deal.
Right On Tribal69x, If you're happy, I'm happy for you!!!!! I'm gonna try and talk them out of shipping back the BH2 and give it to my daughter, we'll see!
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Sensation 4G, MyTouch 3G Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblue95 View Post
I hope BH_MAN picked up a SLIDE, his ROM's are the SH$%#T!
he has one, but it doesn't matter cause no one can root this bitch and three dev including eugene are working on it. so awesome roms or not we won't be seeing any until someone can crack the code.
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by behold_this View Post
he has one, but it doesn't matter cause no one can root this bitch and three dev including eugene are working on it. so awesome roms or not we won't be seeing any until someone can crack the code.
First things first, I know! How are you digging your SLIDE behold_this? Are you gonna change your screen name to SLIDE_THIS? UUMMMMM....... maybe not, that doesn't sound so good! LOL!
The Following User Says Thank You to xblue95 For This Useful Post:
behold_this (June 11th, 2010)
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

[QUOTE=xblue95;925050]First things first, I know! How are you digging your SLIDE behold_this? Are you gonna change your screen name to SLIDE_THIS? UUMMMMM....... maybe not, that doesn't sound so good! LOL![/QUOTE

lmfao...i like that a lot, one user suggest mt3gs_this as a joke but your's is actually reaaly funny

as for the phone i absolutely love it! fast, smooth, plenty of room for apps. join us in the slide forum if you'd like more info.
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

xblue95....good luck with trying to hold onto the Behold II for your daughter. I'd give mine to my wife but she's not interested in it. She just likes her basic cell phone. I'm sure I'll be able to sell it on Craislist or eBay.
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s): BH2 BH_MAN 1.6 Factory no Twiz

Every time I try to call CS I get someone who reads their scripts word for word.
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

Device(s):

I would love to swap this phone out for a 3G slide. What phone numbers are you guys calling that they are offering the swap?
The last call to customer service, I was just told that all they can do is exchange it for another Behold II. WTF? Why would I want another one of these? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s):

Was just told by Customer Care that the only way to get a free swap is if you've had 3 warranty exchanges in 90 days. I'm on three when my new Behold gets here next week. Just keep calling and telling them of the issues. When they try to troubleshoot them, and it doesn't work, have them send a new phone. Three times. Not sure what they will offer when i send this one back, though. By the way, does this phone have the proximty sensor to prevent you from hitting buttons during a call? I thought i read somewhere that it does, but I was told by one of the tech guys that i doesn't??!!
sponsored links
Old June 12th, 2010, 07:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
I would love to swap this phone out for a 3G slide. What phone numbers are you guys calling that they are offering the swap?
I had to think a little outside the box for this one, first i searched google for customer service and" higher up" emails as calling was not working( calling always works!!) I found the tmobile ceo email and a executive customer service email. sent a polite yet descriptive email about my 3 exchanges on the behold, the sd card preparing notification message and a few other issues, and that customer services response was after trying to fix it with no success " you can always buy a new phone'' at full price as im EM+.
bottom line was I got a call back the next day form executive customer service about my ceo email, I did not once ask for a free phone or mention no 2.1 upgrade and even said at first I was willing at first to pay the upgrade price. he did tell me that the deciding factor was i had been with them for over 10yrs he would let me have a new phone with behold 2 return.
my suggestion is ask for exceutive customer service/care when you call tmobile or worst case search for some emails
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #22 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid DNA, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Google Nexus 7 (32GB Model)
Carrier: Verizon

If all you want is a phone to get you to 2.1 or 2.2 any phone other than the Behold II will get you there in one way, shape, or fashion.

I for one took the Cliq and did not have to pay a dime, waste my upgrade, sign a new contract, or even send in my Behold II.

It did however take a couple weeks, a lot of phone calls, and three exchanges.

I love my Cliq and now that Motorola has released 2.1 with motoblur to T-mobile I am sure I will love it even more very soon. If not, I may walk to Sprint for the Evo 4G when my contract is up in 9 days.
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I sent an email to executive customer service explaining my issues. I'll let everyone know if and when I get a response.
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #24 (permalink)

Device(s): mytouch 3g cyanogen 5.08

Wink

i got tmo to give me the mt3g v1.2 for free and i didnt have to send back my bh2, im on the em+ plan also. so if i dont like the mt3g im going to sell it to walmart along with my bh2 and that will get me around 270 towards the mt3gs which btw eugene finally rooted last night ftw!
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung vibrant

How did u get the mt3g for free? what did u say to them cuz I wanna do the same thing lol
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #26 (permalink)

Device(s): mytouch 3g cyanogen 5.08

Confused

i called and spoke to pda support about the problems that the bh2 has......phone turning off by itself, in call functions not working, poor reception, things they cant troubleshoot really. they said they could send me a replacement bh2 or a moto clix, said no thanks and that they could cancel my line then........immediately got transferred to customer loyalty and explained again what was wrong with phone(and never said anything about 2.x)they put me on hold for about 15 minutes came back and said they would send me the mt3g and i could keep the bh2....they customer loyalty person did ask basically what i wanted and i told her either the mt3g free or the slide free.........
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I received a call back from Executive Customer Service regarding the e-mail about the Behold II. I missed the call and by the time I called back they were gone for the weekend. I will return the call Monday morning and let everyone know the end result.
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #28 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).

Quote:
I received a call back from Executive Customer Service regarding the e-mail about the Behold II. I missed the call and by the time I called back they were gone for the weekend. I will return the call Monday morning and let everyone know the end result.
Did you miss the call, or the the BH2 just send it to voicemail?
Old June 20th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Euph_22....I just missed the call. I'll update everyone tomorrow.
Old June 21st, 2010, 06:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I just got off the phone with T-Mobile Executive Customer Service. I paid $185 for the Samsung Behold II earlier this year. The deal for the Mytouch 3G Slide was $229 with a $50 mail in rebate. What we agreed on was appyling the $185 I paid for the Behold II towards the $229 due on the Slide. That leaves a balance of $45 for the Slide and I still have the $50 mail in rebate and I am keeping the Behold II to sell on Craigslist/e-Bay. That seemed more then fair to me. Can't beat T-mobile's customer service! Loving the Slide and Android 2.1 btw!
sponsored links
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

Device(s): G1 and behold 2, moto cliq, moto cliq 2, my touch 4g, atrix 4g, atrix 2, atrix hd, s4,s5
Carrier: at&t

hmm that never works for me. i called and said that i have to wait till oct to upgrade. i have the even more plus. but have to finish up my contract first. then she said when my contract expires i can sign a contract and get a good deal. is there anyway around this to get the slide?
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:33 PM   #32 (permalink)

Umm...Even more plus = no contract! so what are you talking about? You got hosed man...hosed bad.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:02 AM   #33 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II

Quote:
Originally Posted by behold_this View Post
Umm...Even more plus = no contract! so what are you talking about? You got hosed man...hosed bad.
Actually you may still have a contract.

In my case I signed up for the EM+ plan back when I was still under a regular contract plan with T-Mobile and still am under contract now. Bottom line is signing up for the EM+ plan does not cancel your previous contract plan.

Being an EM+ user I had to struggle a bit to reach a deal. After numerous calls and respectful and courteous complaints I had Tmo agree to send me a new phone (BB Bold) and keep my BH2. Sold the Bold for $400 and the BH2 for $175 on eBay and now have a good amount of cash for a new phone.

Good luck and don't give up
Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:17 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Behold II R11 Build 5/5/10 Samsung Hightlight (Wife's) TMo Dash 3G w/ Ookba's Win 6.5 Samsun

I had the Behold II for a month & after all of the odin flashing & everything, got sick of it. I went to a T Mobile owned store & started complaining about the Behold II & the LCD was flickering & wanted a different phone. When they said they really couldn't do anything except replace the faulty one. I then asked for the manager & explained everything to him again. I had just recently renewed our contract & was two months into it. I said if they couldn't do anything I would cancel my line & my wife's because Verizon said they would pay my early termination fee if I went with them for two years. I could then sell the phones to make up for the termination fee & make money on the whold deal. (I was bluffing). She then gave me the newer MT3g 1.2 (Which is exactly the same as the Fender) for $99.00 & I got to keep the new Behold II replacement they were sending me. Didn't have to extend contract. I just sold the "new" Behold II on EBay for $199 + shipping. I now have the newer My Touch & flashed it to Cyonagen's 2.1 rom 10 minutes after getting home & it is awesome. It will also be getting the same upgrade as the My Touch slide with the Genius Button.
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #35 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Nice deal kmel6969
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #36 (permalink)

Device(s):

I will never get a samsung, they seem to be crap no matter which carrier you are on.

Samsung Behold 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile greatly improves on the first version of the phone by adding Android to the mix, providing for a powerful combination of hardware and sowftware. With Android, Samsung's custom TouchWiz UI, a 3.2-inch AMOLED Tou... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Behold 2