Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Continuum

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default samsung continuum glitching...

Help!!, I bought a used samsung continuum, and it worked fine for a week and half maybe. But now it glitching. every 25 secs maybe less the screen blacks out like it freezing than it goes back to the lock screen. i dont know what going on with it but its driving me crazy. i cant even get a text message in before it blacks out and goes to lock screen. sidenote i did download a app from the app store and maybe 10 mins after it started doing it, could it be that?? do i need a new battery. someone please help me before i throw it out the window!!

danij8807 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wherever my 18 wheels take me
Posts: 286
 
Device(s): Samsung Continuum Rooted 2.2.2 EC07 Deodexed
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 53 Times in 41 Posts
txwolf1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danij8807 View Post
Help!!, I bought a used samsung continuum, and it worked fine for a week and half maybe. But now it glitching. every 25 secs maybe less the screen blacks out like it freezing than it goes back to the lock screen. i dont know what going on with it but its driving me crazy. i cant even get a text message in before it blacks out and goes to lock screen. sidenote i did download a app from the app store and maybe 10 mins after it started doing it, could it be that?? do i need a new battery. someone please help me before i throw it out the window!!
It sounds like your framework is force closing, causing a reboot (not a full reboot. Your status bar probably stays up). Question. Is your phone rooted (you can tell by seeing if you have superuser in your app drawer).
txwolf1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwolf1980 View Post
It sounds like your framework is force closing, causing a reboot (not a full reboot. Your status bar probably stays up). Question. Is your phone rooted (you can tell by seeing if you have superuser in your app drawer).
It shouldnt be rooted because i did a factory reset on it and nothing else. is it anything i can do to fix the problem or should i get rid of it?? im about to buy a battery for it, but if its its beyond im not gonna put more money in to it.
danij8807 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wherever my 18 wheels take me
Posts: 286
 
Device(s): Samsung Continuum Rooted 2.2.2 EC07 Deodexed
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 53 Times in 41 Posts
txwolf1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danij8807 View Post
It shouldnt be rooted because i did a factory reset on it and nothing else. is it anything i can do to fix the problem or should i get rid of it?? im about to buy a battery for it, but if its its beyond im not gonna put more money in to it.
Factory reset wouldn't take away root. What app did you download? Have you tried deleting it? I dont think that was the cause, but its a first step. Check for that super user in the app drawer. As for fixing it, if deleting the app doesn't work, then yes. But, if you aren't rooted, it will require you to do so. I have a couple of posts up on how to do so. But, if you aren't comfortable with the idea, let me know and I'll walk you through it.
txwolf1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Transform Ultra, HTC EVO 4G rooted running Unofficial CM9, Rooted Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default My friend has the same problem after froyo update

Hi! Just recently today, I updated my friend's Continuum from Android 2.1 to android 2.2. The update went through successfully and both updates (one from verizon and one from samsung) went through. At first, when she boots up the phone, it froze constantly when she tried to open the app drawer. I told her to leave it on for about an hour or so. After that, it stopped crashing and freezing alot. However, she still experiences that issue when she opens an app or sends a text. The screen goes black. the status bar is still there. then it takes her to the lock screen. She has atleast 7 pages full of apps. Could you help me find a solution to this? Thanks!
defective_azn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 49
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I've got the same problem with my Continuum, but I'm chalking it up to "this was a marginally crappy phone in it's heyday, and it's completely overwhelmed by the internet of 2012."

Try switching to the lightest loader you can find, set a black background, no animations, no effects, kill as many background processes as possible, NEVER multitask! Basically, try to make things as easy as possible for the poor device, it's got one foot in the grave already
gone down sout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Continuum
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Continuum is an incredibly unique Galaxy S phone, unlike any other smartphone you've seen. The screen is actually split up into 2 sections: a 3.4-inch touchscreen on top a 1.8-inch ticker screen just below it. Samsung has customized... Read More

Tags
samsung continuum


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Continuum
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.