Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Droid Charge

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid, Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 122 Times in 107 Posts
Default Buy a Charge at Costco if you're going to buy one

Costco is a much better deal for the Charge; $250 instead of $300, they waive the restocking fee if you want to cancel your contract within 14 days, and (best part), you can return the phone within 90 days and buy another phone from them and stay on your existing contract. Good idea for those of you who, like me, are reluctant about the Charge; I don't think I'm keeping mine so I'm so happy I bought from Costco.

Advertisements
__________________
Current phone: Droid Charge @ 1200MHz. ROM jumping, waiting for CM to arrive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Just put your phone in airplane mode and tell him you loaded an iPhone 4 simulator on your Droid.
shadowdude777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Redflea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,623
 
Device(s): Droid2, Rooted Tweaked Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 295 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdude777 View Post
Costco is a much better deal for the Charge; $250 instead of $300, they waive the restocking fee if you want to cancel your contract within 14 days, and (best part), you can return the phone within 90 days and buy another phone from them and stay on your existing contract. Good idea for those of you who, like me, are reluctant about the Charge; I don't think I'm keeping mine so I'm so happy I bought from Costco.
Copy-cat, I just posted that in another thread.... ;-)

Yeah, my wife is likely going to buy a Charge at Costco tomorrow for those very reasons. Two more benefits:

- Only pay tax on $299 instead of $599 (saves another $25 or so)
- Claimed they provide more accessories w/the phone than VZW stores do

The only down-side on the 90 day return is that you have to exchange it for a phone they have at Costco, which does not include all the phones that VZW has. But still better than the VZW deal by far.

BTW - what are the top reasons you're returning your Charge?
Redflea is offline  
Last edited by Redflea; May 20th, 2011 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid, Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 122 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
Copy-cat, I just posted that in another thread.... ;-)

Yeah, my wife is likely going to buy a Charge at Costco tomorrow for those very reasons. Two more benefits:

- Only pay tax on $299 instead of $599 (saves another $25 or so)
- Claimed they provide more accessories w/the phone than VZW stores do

The only down-side on the 90 day return is that you have to exchange it for a phone they have at Costco, which does not include all the phones that VZW has. But still better than the VZW deal by far.

BTW - what are the top reasons you're returning your Charge?
Oh really? I didn't see your post, I promise, haha!

Yes, Costco provides a car charger, case, and crappy earbuds.

But yeah, that's what makes me apprehensive about keeping past the 14 days; I don't know if a phone will come out within those other 76 days that has what I want AND that Costco carries.

The reason I'm returning is that I don't feel like this phone is very revolutionary. UI-wise, it's barely faster than my Droid 1; it's MUCH slower than my mom's Droid 2 and my dad's Droid X. It just feels laggy. I expect CyanogenMod 7 to make it better because it replaces the horrible RFS with ext4, but still... I dunno. Also, no notification LED really bothers me and I'm hoping the Droid 3 will have LTE because I LOVE physical keyboards, but since the Droid X2 is just 3G, the Droid 3 will probably be as well.

But yeah, Costco really is the best. I ONLY buy electronics from them. Electronics nowadays are just too downright horrible and too shoddily built to buy anything without a good return policy/warranty, and Costco has that covered by selling all electronics with 90 return and all computers with 2 year warranty as well.

Oh, just want to mention: If the phone weren't so downright GORGEOUS, it'd already be returned.
shadowdude777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Do they offer the Charge without a contract and if so, how much?
tuanster1119 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 1,280
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 86
Thanked 143 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Forget LTE in D3. It will be also 3G phone like DX2. The next LTE phone is LG revolution dropping soon later. After that, it's anyone's guess. No one knows when Bionic will return and if SGSII will have LTE or not.
jinwons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 59
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

you are aware that you will have to pay full price for your next phone after 14 days correct? You will not be able to get your second phone at the upgradeable price You would be better off selling the phone on ebay or even on this forum to someone who is off contract or unable to currently upgrade and make money on it rather than return it to costco

Just saying...
zachd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jfoey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 529
 
Device(s): Motorola XooM - Stock, Motorola Bionic - Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 148 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jfoey22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachd View Post
you are aware that you will have to pay full price for your next phone after 14 days correct? You will not be able to get your second phone at the upgradeable price You would be better off selling the phone on ebay or even on this forum to someone who is off contract or unable to currently upgrade and make money on it rather than return it to costco

Just saying...

Are youh sure about that? That wouldn't seem to make much since.
jfoey22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 07:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid, Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 122 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachd View Post
you are aware that you will have to pay full price for your next phone after 14 days correct? You will not be able to get your second phone at the upgradeable price You would be better off selling the phone on ebay or even on this forum to someone who is off contract or unable to currently upgrade and make money on it rather than return it to costco

Just saying...
Please read the post first. Costco has a 90 day no-questions return policy across the board on all electronics. That includes the phones sold at their Verizon kiosk. The only catch is you'll either have to pay an ETF or exchange it for a different phone Costco also offers. Their selection is fairly limited.

Just as a by the way, I went to Costco the other day to ask if they're getting the Revolution, DX2, D3, or Samsung Function (the name of their Galaxy S2 variant). They didn't know about three of them, but they did show me the Droid X2 and said they have them but aren't allowed to sell them yet.
shadowdude777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 07:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 251
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Wish I had a Costco within 3 hrs of me!
WildH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jfoey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 529
 
Device(s): Motorola XooM - Stock, Motorola Bionic - Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 148 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jfoey22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdude777 View Post
Please read the post first. Costco has a 90 day no-questions return policy across the board on all electronics. That includes the phones sold at their Verizon kiosk. The only catch is you'll either have to pay an ETF or exchange it for a different phone Costco also offers. Their selection is fairly limited.

Just as a by the way, I went to Costco the other day to ask if they're getting the Revolution, DX2, D3, or Samsung Function (the name of their Galaxy S2 variant). They didn't know about three of them, but they did show me the Droid X2 and said they have them but aren't allowed to sell them yet.

I think right now the only meaning full phone(s) they don't have is the thunderbolt and the fruit.
jfoey22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Redflea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,623
 
Device(s): Droid2, Rooted Tweaked Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 295 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachd View Post
you are aware that you will have to pay full price for your next phone after 14 days correct? You will not be able to get your second phone at the upgradeable price You would be better off selling the phone on ebay or even on this forum to someone who is off contract or unable to currently upgrade and make money on it rather than return it to costco

Just saying...
That makes no sense...as far as I know, at VZW you can return a phone in 14 day window, pay restocking fee (which Costco doesn't charge), and you just go back to your old phone, no harm, no foul..., why would Costco have a different penalty, they are authorized Verizon dealers.
Redflea is offline  
Last edited by Redflea; May 21st, 2011 at 10:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid, Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 122 Times in 107 Posts
Default

These are Costco's terms:

- Within 14 days: No restocking fee, phone returned, contract cancelled, upgrade restored
- Within 90 days: No restocking fee, phone returned but must be exchanged for a new one or an ETF is charged. Contract is maintained, upgrade remains used.
shadowdude777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowdude777 For This Useful Post:
ItsAboutTime (June 5th, 2011), zachd (May 27th, 2011)
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid, Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 122 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoey22 View Post
I think right now the only meaning full phone(s) they don't have is the thunderbolt and the fruit.
The TB is better than the Charge in my eyes because of the dev community... we have not a single dev so far.

I couldn't care less about the fruit.

I don't think they carry the Incredible/Inc2, but they are pretty good about keeping the Droid line maintained, actually. They even have the unloved Droid Pro!? I'm just afraid they'll decide not to carry the Revolution, because I really do want it. They said they didn't get the TB because everyone complained about battery. A complaint I have never heard from any of my 3 friends with the TB, just by the way.
shadowdude777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 200
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdude777 View Post
Costco is a much better deal for the Charge; $250 instead of $300, they waive the restocking fee if you want to cancel your contract within 14 days, and (best part), you can return the phone within 90 days and buy another phone from them and stay on your existing contract. Good idea for those of you who, like me, are reluctant about the Charge; I don't think I'm keeping mine so I'm so happy I bought from Costco.
I confirmed with 2 different Costcos that you have only 14 days to swap models after that for the remainder of the 90 days you can only exchange for same model phone.
addictedtocars is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid, Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 122 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Interesting, I was told differently... VERY differently. I have to go clarify, in that case. AND possibly return my phone very soon, because I don't think the Charge is a keeper.
shadowdude777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 200
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdude777 View Post
Interesting, I was told differently... VERY differently. I have to go clarify, in that case. AND possibly return my phone very soon, because I don't think the Charge is a keeper.

So my current thinking is that I may want to wait for a dual core LTE device, but I can get a Charge from Costco and test drive it for up to 90 days, if I decide at that time to bail on it I woudl likely go purchase a DX2 off contract, thus I woudl just transfer my number to the DX2 maintain my plan and return the Charge to Costco for a full refund. From what I am reading on their web site under the terms it seems I can do that and no pay any ETF since the contract is for my service not that I keep the Charge. Thus if the Charge is a keeper I am fine and if not I have a good fail back plan to a DX2 which I'll use until they eventually ship the Bionic.
addictedtocars is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 1,280
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 86
Thanked 143 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtocars View Post
I confirmed with 2 different Costcos that you have only 14 days to swap models after that for the remainder of the 90 days you can only exchange for same model phone.
That's not true. I actually changed to different phone at Costco after 80 days of purchase.
jinwons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 40
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Having 90 days to exchange it is a big plus for me... so I bought it yesterday.
So far so good!
mmpotash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jfoey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 529
 
Device(s): Motorola XooM - Stock, Motorola Bionic - Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 148 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jfoey22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmpotash View Post
Having 90 days to exchange it is a big plus for me... so I bought it yesterday.
So far so good!

Great but be careful because Costco doesn't always carry the latest phones. For example, currently they do not sell the Thunderbolt or Revolution.
jfoey22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

The Costco I went to had a tb dummy phone but it wasnt on display. I wonder if that means they don't sell it.

I would also take advantage of their 90 days exchange policy, but they said if I exchange it for a different phone, I would have to pay full retail price. Which makes no sense to me.
navigatn is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jfoey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 529
 
Device(s): Motorola XooM - Stock, Motorola Bionic - Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 148 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jfoey22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigatn View Post
The Costco I went to had a tb dummy phone but it wasnt on display. I wonder if that means they don't sell it.

I would also take advantage of their 90 days exchange policy, but they said if I exchange it for a different phone, I would have to pay full retail price. Which makes no sense to me.

Oh, I didn't realize they even had a dummy of the thunderbolt. It isn't listed on their website.

I am returning my charge this weekend within the 14 day policy but will ask them about the 90 day policy.
jfoey22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 1,280
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 86
Thanked 143 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoey22 View Post
Oh, I didn't realize they even had a dummy of the thunderbolt. It isn't listed on their website.

I am returning my charge this weekend within the 14 day policy but will ask them about the 90 day policy.
Just curious. Why are you returning Charge and which one are you getting after that?
jinwons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jfoey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 529
 
Device(s): Motorola XooM - Stock, Motorola Bionic - Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 148 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jfoey22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinwons View Post
Just curious. Why are you returning Charge and which one are you getting after that?

First, my intent from day one was to return the phone and Sunday is my 14 day contact return period. Initially, i was going to keep it for the 90 return policy for the exchange, but I am getting nervious nothing I am willing to settle with will be available in that time.

As for the phone, i think it will become really old really quick and I can't see myself with it for two years. Which to be fair, that is probably the case for any phone (shame on vzw for doing away with one year deals). Other than the screen and 4g, it isn't much of an improvement over my incredible.

Some other things I don't like about it are; gps seems slower to find location than my incredible. Overall i feel the UI seems cartoonish, although I am zeam. Still reminisce of cheese wiz. 3g coverage doesn't seem as good as my incredible. Lastly, i don't believe there will be much dev support.


**added, I read this somewhere and agree. Not sure the build will hold up for two years. I have dropped it a few times softly and it already had a few dings. Of course if I was going to keep it I gotten a protective cover.
jfoey22 is offline  
Last edited by jfoey22; May 27th, 2011 at 05:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jfoey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 529
 
Device(s): Motorola XooM - Stock, Motorola Bionic - Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 148 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jfoey22
Default

Ok, I returned my charge to Costco and asked about the return policy. The associate told me you do in fact get the subsidised price on a new phone if you return within 90 days.
jfoey22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 1,842
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid, Samsung Droid Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 122 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Well I already returned my Charge just to be safe but good to know you can indeed get a different subsidized phone within the 90 days. I'm waiting on a phone like maybe the Bionic/Targa/whatever it is now or the Samsung Function if it has LTE.

Oh, by the way, they do carry the TB now. The guy asked me if I was sure I didn't want to exchange for it when I returned the Charge. I said to just cancel the contract so I can think on it.
shadowdude777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jfoey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 529
 
Device(s): Motorola XooM - Stock, Motorola Bionic - Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 148 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jfoey22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdude777 View Post
Well I already returned my Charge just to be safe but good to know you can indeed get a different subsidized phone within the 90 days. I'm waiting on a phone like maybe the Bionic/Targa/whatever it is now or the Samsung Function if it has LTE.

Oh, by the way, they do carry the TB now. The guy asked me if I was sure I didn't want to exchange for it when I returned the Charge. I said to just cancel the contract so I can think on it.
Yeah, I also asked about the Thunderbolt and Revolution. I am not exactly sure Costco's Wireless business model but you can't find either phone on their website. However, they had a Revolution dummy unit in store. When I asked about the Revolution and Thunderbolt they said I could order it but it would take a few days to come in.
jfoey22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Not sure if anyone else saw this, but I just got my Costco coupon pack in the mail today. Says up to $120 off a Droid Charge. As is par for the course with Costco, their advertisements/coupons never list the price on the item, even if it's just an advertised automatic discount (w/o coupon). I would presume they'll be offering the Charge for $179, probably for new contracts.

Edit: Forgot to add that this is listed as valid June 9 through July 3.
__________________
LG G2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i515) (1/12-9/13), Samsung Droid Charge (6/11 - 1/12), HTC Incredible (4/10 - 6/11)
Blackberry Torch, Blackberry Curve (11/11 - 6/12), Blackberry Storm (9/09 - 10/11)
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kyler13 For This Useful Post:
YankeeDudeL (June 3rd, 2011)
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Well to start, I work at a Costco cell phone kiosk for a company called wireless advocates. We now carry all mainstream smartphones for verizon, att, and t-mobile. The charge will be going on sale in June at Costco for a price around $150 if your looking for one. We now include a car charger, case and screen protectors. We carry every phone you guys have mentioned and said we don't have. Some phones will be ordered to the house, these phones are the one that are not nearly as popular such as the Revolution, Thunderbolt, Droid 2 in white. If those phones get more business then Costco brings them to the store. All our VERIZON phones get a 14 day return in which we reverse the contract. After 90 days we do a return/exchange policy. If you decide to return after 90 days we will give you your money back but will NOT reverse the contract. At that point you can choose to cancel yourself or use an old phone. The Thunderbolt and Revolution sell for $229 right now but I can guarantee that they drop steeply after the charge sale ends. If you read the back of the coupon it will tell you how much an upgrade will cost. It comes off a $299 price. Also we do a 90 price match, although this is only used as a last resort to make a sale if it offered at all costco's but not advertised. Do not ask the salesmen about this as a lot of us are told not to tell you but Costco will offer it. You have to remember we work for a seperate company called Wireless Advocates so we cannot tell you that without Costco's permission. For those of you wondering if you stop by the kiosk we usually have release dates that we can give away before the Verizon store will if your looking for new models. Note we are commission based so please see the representative you talked to for the purchase, they will appreciate it.
BigForce79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigForce79 For This Useful Post:
doxepin (July 4th, 2011), YankeeDudeL (June 3rd, 2011)
Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigForce79 View Post
Well to start, I work at a Costco cell phone kiosk for a company called wireless advocates. We now carry all mainstream smartphones for verizon, att, and t-mobile. The charge will be going on sale in June at Costco for a price around $150 if your looking for one. We now include a car charger, case and screen protectors. We carry every phone you guys have mentioned and said we don't have. Some phones will be ordered to the house, these phones are the one that are not nearly as popular such as the Revolution, Thunderbolt, Droid 2 in white. If those phones get more business then Costco brings them to the store. All our VERIZON phones get a 14 day return in which we reverse the contract. After 90 days we do a return/exchange policy. If you decide to return after 90 days we will give you your money back but will NOT reverse the contract. At that point you can choose to cancel yourself or use an old phone. The Thunderbolt and Revolution sell for $229 right now but I can guarantee that they drop steeply after the charge sale ends. If you read the back of the coupon it will tell you how much an upgrade will cost. It comes off a $299 price. Also we do a 90 price match, although this is only used as a last resort to make a sale if it offered at all costco's but not advertised. Do not ask the salesmen about this as a lot of us are told not to tell you but Costco will offer it. You have to remember we work for a seperate company called Wireless Advocates so we cannot tell you that without Costco's permission. For those of you wondering if you stop by the kiosk we usually have release dates that we can give away before the Verizon store will if your looking for new models. Note we are commission based so please see the representative you talked to for the purchase, they will appreciate it.
So what kind of information can you provide us on new model releases?
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigForce79 View Post
Well to start, I work at a Costco cell phone kiosk for a company called wireless advocates. We now carry all mainstream smartphones for verizon, att, and t-mobile. The charge will be going on sale in June at Costco for a price around $150 if your looking for one. We now include a car charger, case and screen protectors. We carry every phone you guys have mentioned and said we don't have. Some phones will be ordered to the house, these phones are the one that are not nearly as popular such as the Revolution, Thunderbolt, Droid 2 in white. If those phones get more business then Costco brings them to the store. All our VERIZON phones get a 14 day return in which we reverse the contract. After 90 days we do a return/exchange policy. If you decide to return after 90 days we will give you your money back but will NOT reverse the contract. At that point you can choose to cancel yourself or use an old phone. The Thunderbolt and Revolution sell for $229 right now but I can guarantee that they drop steeply after the charge sale ends. If you read the back of the coupon it will tell you how much an upgrade will cost. It comes off a $299 price. Also we do a 90 price match, although this is only used as a last resort to make a sale if it offered at all costco's but not advertised. Do not ask the salesmen about this as a lot of us are told not to tell you but Costco will offer it. You have to remember we work for a seperate company called Wireless Advocates so we cannot tell you that without Costco's permission. For those of you wondering if you stop by the kiosk we usually have release dates that we can give away before the Verizon store will if your looking for new models. Note we are commission based so please see the representative you talked to for the purchase, they will appreciate it.
what about if I buy the charge, and then 45 days later a better device comes out on Verizon, can I bring back the charge and upgrade to the better device for the (subsidized) price difference, or will it cost me full retail for the newer phone after the 14 day period, but within the 90 day??
katoom400 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:50 AM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jfoey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 529
 
Device(s): Motorola XooM - Stock, Motorola Bionic - Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 148 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jfoey22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoom400 View Post
what about if I buy the charge, and then 45 days later a better device comes out on Verizon, can I bring back the charge and upgrade to the better device for the (subsidized) price difference, or will it cost me full retail for the newer phone after the 14 day period, but within the 90 day??
+1, would love to know this answer.
jfoey22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can Costco do early upgrades? Like if the website says I'm eligible on July 6th (20 months after I bought my Droid1), then can I buy it at Costco?
oresteez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oresteez View Post
Can Costco do early upgrades? Like if the website says I'm eligible on July 6th (20 months after I bought my Droid1), then can I buy it at Costco?
haha, I am eligible on the same day. Costco told me not until that day. but call Verizon when it gets close, they have the ability to change the date in the system 7 days prior to that date.
katoom400 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katoom400 For This Useful Post:
oresteez (June 2nd, 2011)
Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:17 AM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

nice, thanks for the tip...now i have 4 weeks to go, instead of 5! haha
oresteez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 03:51 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 200
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
Not sure if anyone else saw this, but I just got my Costco coupon pack in the mail today. Says up to $120 off a Droid Charge. As is par for the course with Costco, their advertisements/coupons never list the price on the item, even if it's just an advertised automatic discount (w/o coupon). I would presume they'll be offering the Charge for $179, probably for new contracts.

Edit: Forgot to add that this is listed as valid June 9 through July 3.
I see the charge on the cover of my coupon bookelt, but where does it say $120, I don't see aseperate coupon for theCharge, am I missing it?
addictedtocars is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 200
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtocars View Post
I see the charge on the cover of my coupon bookelt, but where does it say $120, I don't see aseperate coupon for theCharge, am I missing it?
OK I'm an idiot I looked over booklet 4 times and never saw it gf looks at booklet and goes here it is... must be my aging eyes. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, then go back after 9th to get the $120 credited.
addictedtocars is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtocars View Post
OK I'm an idiot I looked over booklet 4 times and never saw it gf looks at booklet and goes here it is... must be my aging eyes. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, then go back after 9th to get the $120 credited.
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 06:31 AM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 146
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoey22 View Post
+1, would love to know this answer.
still waiting for a confirmation on this please?
katoom400 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 05:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 200
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

So I did it, I got the DC today at Costco. They have the X2 for $119! makes it tempting since even with 350 ETF after 3 months the etf is 320 making anything after 3 months cheaper than buying it off contract. The kiosk folks did not know about the coupon, but said just bring the coupon in next week to get the $120 difference back, depending on sale price next week. Sonfar the DC is sweet, battery was about half and I used it moderate on and off and got 6.5 hour. Will fully test tomorrow. Did have a few issues
when I left 4G to a 3G area where phone had trouble connecting. New to smartphones so still a lot to learn.
addictedtocars is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 40
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I verified with my Costco that within 30 days of purchase they will honor the coupon final price. I should bring in all my paperwork plus the coupon to the service desk, not the wireless kiosk.
mmpotash is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 5th, 2011, 02:15 AM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 437
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

bought one today. they know of the coupon and will honor it. said just come in with it, or actually even without it, they will give me 120 back.
boatman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

To answer your question, yes. Anytime within the 90 days we can exchange to any.model of your choice, you will only pay the differance. This is awesome because it allows you to find the right device and try some out, just note coatco will ussually stop you after 4-5 exchanges. Hope this is helpful to you guys. Any.more questions let me know, we wont know of any new verizon devices until july due to so many releases in the past 30 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoom400 View Post
what about if I buy the charge, and then 45 days later a better device comes out on Verizon, can I bring back the charge and upgrade to the better device for the (subsidized) price difference, or will it cost me full retail for the newer phone after the 14 day period, but within the 90 day??
BigForce79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigForce79 For This Useful Post:
doxepin (June 30th, 2011), ItsAboutTime (June 6th, 2011), YankeeDudeL (June 5th, 2011)
Old June 5th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jfoey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 529
 
Device(s): Motorola XooM - Stock, Motorola Bionic - Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 148 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jfoey22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigForce79 View Post
To answer your question, yes. Anytime within the 90 days we can exchange to any.model of your choice, you will only pay the differance. This is awesome because it allows you to find the right device and try some out, just note coatco will ussually stop you after 4-5 exchanges. Hope this is helpful to you guys. Any.more questions let me know, we wont know of any new verizon devices until july due to so many releases in the past 30 days.

Sweet, thanks for the info. Any rhyme or reason to what phones Costco carries and when? For example, i didnt see the Revolution or Thunderbolt on the Costco website until this past weekend. Can I be pretty sure that when the next big phone comes out they will carry it? That is my only hesitation with Costco is will they have all the phones and have them immediately.
jfoey22 is offline  
Last edited by jfoey22; June 5th, 2011 at 10:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 1,280
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 86
Thanked 143 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Costco now carries Thunderbolt, Revolution, Xperia Play when I checked my local store on Friday. Sometimes they don't have new phones when it's released, but it eventually makes into Costco I think.

Regarding their 90 days exchange policy, you will pay only the difference in subsidized pricing for new phone. But the store guys said that you can exchange the phone only once, not multiple times.
jinwons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 437
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

My understanding is that after 14 days if you keep the phone you lose the upgrade?
boatman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jfoey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 529
 
Device(s): Motorola XooM - Stock, Motorola Bionic - Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 148 Times in 52 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jfoey22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
My understanding is that after 14 days if you keep the phone you lose the upgrade?
I believe that is wrong, please see a few post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigForce79 View Post
To answer your question, yes. Anytime within the 90 days we can exchange to any.model of your choice, you will only pay the differance. This is awesome because it allows you to find the right device and try some out, just note coatco will ussually stop you after 4-5 exchanges. Hope this is helpful to you guys. Any.more questions let me know, we wont know of any new verizon devices until july due to so many releases in the past 30 days.
jfoey22 is offline  
Last edited by jfoey22; June 6th, 2011 at 09:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Redflea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,623
 
Device(s): Droid2, Rooted Tweaked Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 295 Times in 143 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinwons View Post
Costco now carries Thunderbolt, Revolution, Xperia Play when I checked my local store on Friday. Sometimes they don't have new phones when it's released, but it eventually makes into Costco I think.

Regarding their 90 days exchange policy, you will pay only the difference in subsidized pricing for new phone. But the store guys said that you can exchange the phone only once, not multiple times.
My costco had the X2 in stock before it was in the Verizon store, which was interesting (but it was available on the VZW web site online).
Redflea is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 437
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtocars View Post
OK I'm an idiot I looked over booklet 4 times and never saw it gf looks at booklet and goes here it is... must be my aging eyes. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, then go back after 9th to get the $120 credited.
just got my costco book today. I too don't see the coupon for the charge. I picked up the phone on sat, where is the coupon. I am going to be very dissappointed if there is none! Can anyone tell me where the coupon is?
boatman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 200
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
just got my costco book today. I too don't see the coupon for the charge. I picked up the phone on sat, where is the coupon. I am going to be very dissappointed if there is none! Can anyone tell me where the coupon is?
4th page bottom right corner, it is easy to miss the coupon says soemthing like save up to $320 as it is for several phones.
addictedtocars is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 437
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtocars View Post
4th page bottom right corner, it is easy to miss the coupon says soemthing like save up to $320 as it is for several phones.
thanks! easy to see once you piont it out!
boatman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung DROID Charge
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Droid Charge was the 2nd phone released in a lineup of 4G LTE enabled smartphones for Verizon's network. It comes with a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen (no more Pentile Matrix), physical buttons just beneath the screen, 8MP rea... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Droid Charge
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.