April 16th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 176 Times in 68 Posts
How To Fix Samsung Droid Charge Screen
This written repair guide will show you on taking apart your Samsung Droid Charge i510. Following each step listed to be able to securely install new parts on your phone, such as a LCD+Touchscreen Digitizer Replacement.
This guide will help you install the following Samsung Droid Charge i510 parts(s):
- Samsung Droid Charge i510 LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- And Other Samsung Droid Charge i510 Replacement Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Adhesive Strips
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
Samsung Droid Charge i510 take apart:
- First step is removed the back battery cover, the battery, sim card and memory card.
- Use a small Phillips screwdriver and remove the six (6) screws as shown in Figure 1.
- Next, carefully pry apart the back housing of the phone from the front housing, starting at one end and working your way slowly around the phone to release the clips using a safe pry tool.
- The main pop connector is placed on the left side of Figure 3 and needs to be removed. Apply pressure upwards and the cable will be release using a safe pry tool.
- Next, lightly raise the two (2) flex cables attached to the housing by adhesive. Cautiously pry under the cables to release them from the housing.
- Remove the camera cable from its socket on the motherboard using a safe pry tool.
- The motherboard can now be removed. Work cautiously as to not damage any ribbons or cables while doing the process. Separate the two using a safe pry tool and raise the tape and disconnect the antenna wire.
- The screen assembly and front housing are now left. Apply medium heat using a heat gun or hair dryer at the front of the screen for about 45 seconds. Apply heat around the outside edges of the screen with quick movements.
- Pry between the screen and the housing using a safe pry tool. Cautiously remove the housing. Reheat the held adhesive if needed.
- You can now replace the screen assembly.
Simply reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.