November 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose, California
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch; Asus Nexus 7 wi-fi 32GB; Sprint Galaxy S3
Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts
It sounds like you upgraded your phone to ICS and now you're having problems. You may need to try a hard/factory reset.
If you bring your phone to Sprint, that is the first thing they will try. You can do it yourself ... this will erase your installed apps and return your phone to the factory new condition. Either way below will work to reset your phone...
Performing a factory data reset using phone buttons
Performing a factory data reset using dialpad
- Turn off SGS2. Remove the battery, wait a minute, then put it back in.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Release all buttons when you see SGS2 Logo.
- Android system recovery will be loaded then.
- Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home button)
- Select Yes — delete all user data.
- Finally, select reboot system now.
- Warning ~ no turning back after you key in the numbers below.
- Bring up dialpad.
- Key in *2767*3855#
- Finally, SGS2 will be rebooted and factory data reset.