February 23rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Galaxy S2 / Scala G4 / Voice Talk / Navigate problems
Sorry if some of this sounds like gobbledigook with the G4 talk.
I had been using my Scala G4 helmet headset for the last year with my LG Optimus Elite with no problems. I was talking to a friend about how jealous I was of the iPhone's capabilities using Siri; Push your headset button once and you can command your phone to navigate you somewhere, look up a business number, text a friend, whatever. I was told that the Voice Talk on the newer Android OS could do the same, so I splurged and paid $400 for the Galaxy S2 on Virgin Mobile. Man, am I disappointed.
1. First major problem I'm seeing is that I can't say "Navigate to (Contact name)'s house."
2. When Navigate opens and needs more information ("Did you mean: For your end point"), it isn't read to me, even in Driving Mode.
3. Voice Talk doesn't confirm with me what destination I gave it. I just now told it "Tiara Street" and it started giving me directions to Philadelphia. Good thing I'm not on my bike.
4. In Navigation, the audio immediately switches back to my phone instead of my headset.
5. I can't tell it to cancel or change the trip over the headset.
Seeing as the problem is in both Voice Talk and Navigate, does anyone have alternative apps they'd suggest to fix the problems? I rather like Voice Command Full, but when it reads the alternate addresses in Navigation it reads them ALL out with no command to make it shut up, still can't direct me to a contact, and for whatever reason it doesn't understand the word "yes."