Originally Posted by crzylibra77
Hello I recently rooted my samsung exhibit 2 4g and have questions regarding root apps. I appologize if these questions have been answered in the forums somewhere but I have had problems finding answers to some of my questions.
Any help will be much appreciated and thanks for mking rooting my phone so easilly done and expkained.
Here is a list of apps I have with super user access.
SD Speed Boost
Busy Box Pro
SD Maid (I Use Regularly)
Ghost Command (File Manager)
ES File Manager, Task Manager, and Security (3 Apps)
Can I eliminate any of these apps due to similiar functions?
Is it ok to move these apps 2 External SD Card?
Is there anyway to speed up my Internet Browser?
Can I Overclock and Unerclock my Samsung Exhibit 2 4g and if si what is a safe setting for both?
I would like instructions on how to use Busy Box Pro and ROM Toolbox.
What are Terminal Emulator, Lucky Patcher, Battery Callibtation, Quick Boost, SD Speed Boost, and Diagnosis Apps used for?
Is there any rooted apps I dont have that i should?
I would like to download a file called root for dummies or something like that but cannot find an active link to do so.
I know that i am requesting alot of info but like I said any feedback will be appreciated
- Ghost Command can be removed because you already have ES File Manager.
- Terminal Emulator is a command line app that is usually used for advanced/manual changes to the system.
- Lucky Patcher is an app that has the ability to crack and/or remove Ads from certain Market apps. Open discussion of anything related to piracy is normally prohibited on most forums, so I would avoid discussing those types of apps.
- You should only need to use that battery calibration app if you are having major issues with the battery (like if it drops 20 percent in 5 minutes)
- Quick Boost and SD Speed Boost are optimization type apps. Honestly, you might want to look up "V6 Supercharger script" for this purpose.
- Diagnosis app is probably used by developers to fix problems in the ROM. If you don't use this you can remove it.
- I believe Rescan Media is part of the stock Samsung system and cannot be removed from 2.3 Gingerbread-based ROMs. It's needed to make the storage work.
- ROM Manager/ROM Toolbox type apps are not currently supported for the Exhibit 2. I recommend not using them to avoid bricking the phone.
- Stock "Web" browser is the fastest for stock based ROMs. If you want something faster you might want to update to CM9 ICS ROM and get the Chrome Beta app.
- Overclocking the phone is not supported at this time. For underclocking, never set the minimum speed below 245 and dont set the Maximum speed below 768. This is to ensure the phone stays stable. From underclocking you can expect some improvement in battery life but more lag.
- I don't think Apps2SD works on stock based ROMs. Its one of Samsungs restrictions. If you want full Apps2SD support update to CM9.
The sticky thread in the All Things Root section has the links to more info. I also have guides on my website on my profile.