January 20th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Accidentally Solved Charging Issues - But Not Sure Why This Behavior is "Exhibited" :-)
I am not sure why or how something like this happens but I will briefly explain: My nephew's Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II 4G (T-Mobile) would not charge... Tried everything but something strange happened after I unlocked the phone with the subsidy unlock code...
1. Updated to New Firmware using Kies
2. Unlocked it with the subsidy unlock code...
3. Charging issue persisted, so I took the phone apart to clean the port manually.
4. Must have been holding down power button while working on it and fully discharged memory.
5. On restart, the date was set to April 12, 2012 (Not Jan 20 2013).
6. Plugged in random charger, charged immediately with no issues.
7. Updated the date to be correct, PHONE NO LONGER WOULD CHARGE.
8. Set date back to April 12, 2012, Turned off phone.
9. Took out battery, fully discharged by holding down the power button for a minute or so with no battery in.
10. Powered phone back on, PHONE CHARGED NO WITH NO ISSUE...
Phone still charges as long as the date is incorrect and it does not sync automatically with the network...
Any Ideas Why This Would Happen?