Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy 551

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:42 AM   #101 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Notsure

Hi.
I 'm Mah nii, from Tehran.
I have this phone for 5 month.
I have problem for my phone battery, it is empy soon, and newly my opera doesn't work, it say check the connection .
can any body help me, I check the connection and the opera setting, but donot be effective.
مهاجرت کانادا

mahni1390 is offline  
Last edited by mahni1390; June 25th, 2011 at 06:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 24th, 2011, 02:52 AM   #102 (permalink)
New Member
 
stupidmoron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): Samsung G 5510
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stupidmoron macangadungan
Default

hi, i'm from Indonesia, Galaxy user. you can call me Maria.
got a little problem with the wi-fi, sometimes it say error when i try to active wi-fi connection. but i can get use to it, i always reboot it when it happen.

i just got my galaxy rooted yesterday and still looking for the simplest way to moved apps to SD card without root explorer or using desktop. help could find any clue in this forum, still browse the topics now.
stupidmoron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:07 AM   #103 (permalink)
New Member
 
stupidmoron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): Samsung G 5510
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stupidmoron macangadungan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrckumar View Post
Hi,

I am from Hosur (Bangalore), I bought this phone in Jan. Some of my experiences.

1. Low memory. - Rooted with z4root, created second partition on my 32GB sd card, moved apps (linked technically) from phone to SD card using link2SD. Now I have 2 GB of memory to install apps.


Thanks,
VRC.
hi Hosur, i rooted my G551 with Universal Androot (the best app for rooting IMO), created partition with Root All to SD, but i doesn't satisfied me since Root All to SD just moved some small part from an app.
And now, i cannot use my galaxy on USB mode. pretty annoying...

I've download link2SD though, still trying to find how to use it properly. I dont want to use root explorer since i think i have to be an advance user to try that.
stupidmoron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:11 AM   #104 (permalink)
New Member
 
stupidmoron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): Samsung G 5510
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stupidmoron macangadungan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
Hi guys,

I get annoying phone calls from a particular number and I intend to block all calls and messages from that number. Also,I don't want any sort of notifications regarding calls from that number. Are there any features within the phone which I can use? I've tried call blockers from the Android market,but I still get missed call notifications. Any free app which blocks call without calls featuring in the call log.

Please help.

Thanks,
DG

try download Call Filter from market.
stupidmoron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #105 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Gangstar and Nova and swype for you and help for Fifa for me.

Hi guys,
I have Samsung Galaxy i5510. I have heard many people saying that this phone is not good like no good internet no good games. But trust me there are a hell lot of people trying to fix games for this phone. Also if all of you guys try to send a message to the developers then maybe they will think that there are many people who want that respective game. Anyway I can tell you all a way to download Nova and Gangstar West Coast Hustle for this phone.
Nova: nova 240x320 .rar
Gangstar West Coast Hustle: gangstar 240x320.rar
They are not full screen but they can be played. Once I am able to get full screen I will surely help you.
You can download swype at beta.swype on your phone.

Guys even I need a help from you people, hope you will help for me helping you.
I have EA Fifa 10 on my phone. It works perfectly but the only problem is its controls and onscreen keys. If I tap the keys then they will not respond. I have to slide on them. Even while playing and while selecting the kick off etc, options. Any help will be appreciated.
adarsh2397 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 05:42 AM   #106 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default hi :)

hi . im jerald from Philippines..
do we have a drawer wallpaper for android galaxy 551?
and i just have heard we can no longer get the gingerbread update ?
jeralddeleon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #107 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hey!! im chetan! how do i send music via bluetooth from the music player??
Chetan.Viper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #108 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan.Viper View Post
hey!! im chetan! how do i send music via bluetooth from the music player??
no, u cant send songs via music player, u must go to the external memory folder and there find the music folder and send it there .
jeralddeleon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 05:55 AM   #109 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i am the one from turkey.flash player __??__
mburaksayici is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 04:37 AM   #110 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hi...

Hi,
This is himanshu from delhi, india
I bought galaxy 551 in Feb'11.
I want to know how to update system software (Android version) in this phone.2.3.3 is available now.
Thanks
himanshu83in is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 5th, 2011, 04:43 AM   #111 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruba View Post
I have bought my Galaxy 551 5 days ago and till now I have found mainly one problem. The impossibly short battery life. It doesn't even last for a day of moderate use. And once I saw it stopped working during standby and there were two displays in the same display. One reset corrected that problem. Angry Birds is not always smooth in this phone. Thats all I can say till now.


Turn off internet while playing this game...
this is because of ads displyed while playing
himanshu83in is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #112 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu83in View Post
Hi,
This is himanshu from delhi, india
I bought galaxy 551 in Feb'11.
I want to know how to update system software (Android version) in this phone.2.3.3 is available now.
Thanks
Nope Samsung has ditched Galaxy 551 off the upgrade list AFAIK.
So no upgrade to 2.3.3 for Galaxy 551 .
Tresezk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #113 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hello,
i am havin a bit problem with the gprs.
i dont know how to turn it on or off...................
its really pissing mi off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plzzz dude help mi out
anurag300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:40 AM   #114 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hello mumthiaz..............
dis is anurag.
plzz tellmi how to turn on gprs
anurag300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #115 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag300 View Post
hello,
i am havin a bit problem with the gprs.
i dont know how to turn it on or off...................
its really pissing mi off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plzzz dude help mi out
settings(left button) -->Wireless & Networks --> Mobile Networks -->Data Enabled
Manual Page 92.
Get apn settings from network provider FIRST!!
Tresezk is offline  
Last edited by Tresezk; July 5th, 2011 at 10:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #116 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s): Galaxy 551 , Xperia x10 mini pro
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

minor problem .. so din feel like starting a new thread

my launcher's AUTOROTATE has STOPPED working ... apps and other menus still autorotate but the home screen and application menu just wont....

any ideas..?

ps: i was experimenting with other launchers yesterday .. but i remember it was working after that

UPDATE : tried BOTH a soft factory data reset(from settings) and a HARD RESET using the reset code .. both din work .. autorotate works fine with all other menus and aplications..
udayvir is offline  
Last edited by udayvir; July 7th, 2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: update
Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #117 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayvir View Post
minor problem .. so din feel like starting a new thread

my launcher's AUTOROTATE has STOPPED working ... apps and other menus still autorotate but the home screen and application menu just wont....

any ideas..?

ps: i was experimenting with other launchers yesterday .. but i remember it was working after that

UPDATE : tried BOTH a soft factory data reset(from settings) and a HARD RESET using the reset code .. both din work .. autorotate works fine with all other menus and aplications..
Which Launcher/What app .TwLauncher has faulty Auto rotate.It's annoying .
Open slid keyboard to check whether it rotates.If it does that means it can rotate but the launcher is not accepting the orientation sensor.

P.S. :-It's better to make a seperate thread so it is easier for others with same problems to view.
Tresezk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #118 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s): Galaxy 551 , Xperia x10 mini pro
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

created a new thread ....

btw... should i go in for a screen guard.. if yes do you recommend some specific company ....
udayvir is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #119 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

1.ne1 find flash player in android market.
2.i have a problem with the charging of my phone, when i plug in charger sometimes it charge the phone sometime not.
for charging, i have to wait for 8 to 10 hours or switching off the device and after it phone starts charging.

3.how can i install SPB SHELL 3D for free.
sunill1989 is offline  
Last edited by sunill1989; July 10th, 2011 at 09:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #120 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool

1
sunill1989 is offline  
Last edited by sunill1989; July 10th, 2011 at 09:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #121 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidmoron View Post
try download Call Filter from market.
try call control from android market.
you see only missed call from that number means notification only

sunill1989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #122 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahni1390 View Post
Hi.
I 'm Mah nii, from Tehran.
I have this phone for 5 month.
I have problem for my phone battery, it is empy soon, and newly my opera doesn't work, it say check the connection .
can any body help me, I check the connection and the opera setting, but donot be effective.
مهاجرت کانادا
continue charging about one hour more after it shows battery full or 100%.
sunill1989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #123 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan.Viper View Post
hey!! im chetan! how do i send music via bluetooth from the music player??
go to file manager and choose share file
list of option is displayed, select bluetooth
sunill1989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #124 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai India
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy 551 I5510
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
ravi.exe@gmail.com
Default

hi friends how are you all, im ravi thread starter really was busy did not get time to come and check this thread, lots of users have galaxy 551 now i guess, now im happy with this phone battery backup increases as time passes and as the phone is used ,, then only you can get about 2 days or 1.5 days with normal use...

am looking for some hack to install gingerbread update, so checking out that now, any helps, suggestions
rsk11584 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #125 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hello guys,
I hav been using this phone since a month and i m quite satisfied..
Considering price tag of Rs9,300 it s a value fr money..
However my phone seems to have a defect
When I am composing a txt msg & try using voice input error msg is displayed saying "connection error", however voice recorder works fine..
The problem is with msging and voice search...
Could any one help...
Also is there going to be a andrd 2.3 update? I knw samsng hav nt releasd yet... But any chance in near future?
Soori is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 02:36 AM   #126 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk11584 View Post
hi friends how are you all, im ravi thread starter really was busy did not get time to come and check this thread, lots of users have galaxy 551 now i guess, now im happy with this phone battery backup increases as time passes and as the phone is used ,, then only you can get about 2 days or 1.5 days with normal use...

am looking for some hack to install gingerbread update, so checking out that now, any helps, suggestions
Check out my Arkas thread in All things Root and Enigma dev Forum !!
It's a Froyo mod ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soori View Post
Hello guys,
I hav been using this phone since a month and i m quite satisfied..
Considering price tag of Rs9,300 it s a value fr money..
However my phone seems to have a defect
When I am composing a txt msg & try using voice input error msg is displayed saying "connection error", however voice recorder works fine..
The problem is with msging and voice search...
Could any one help...
Also is there going to be a andrd 2.3 update? I knw samsng hav nt releasd yet... But any chance in near future?
Voice input for message .Why do you want to do that .And you need net connection to use voice input.
Voice recording and Input are two entirely different features.
It's Inaccurate ,useless and just a marketing gimmick.

No chances at all for official gingerbread ,None,NADA ,zero .Samsung is not interested in 551 .Period.
Tresezk is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tresezk For This Useful Post:
Soori (July 11th, 2011)
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #127 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

how to keep call on hold in i551 and receive call in waiting?
TD41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 07:30 AM   #128 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD41 View Post
how to keep call on hold in i551 and receive call in waiting?
Usually it is automatic.When you decide to answer the second call it automatically puts first call on hold.Page 34-35 of instruction manual .
Tresezk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2011, 03:26 AM   #129 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usman123 View Post
hey i just bought a samsung galaxy 551 a week ago and even when i have charged the phone for 3 hours the battery widget doesnt show the battery to be 100% and EVEN if sometimes the battery level goes to 100 , when i unplug the charger and use the phone for like 5 minutes , the battery drops to 80% , besides the battery doesnt last 24 hours of moderate use, is it just me or anyone else having the same problem or maybe the battery life of this phone is not so good, any suggestions will be appreciated .
hello,
it takes time, you must, plug in until, the notification sound ring, and report that you reach the 100 % of the charge, after that, it must remain for half a day 95% almost, but this phone 's battery is not very good. and is empty for almost 2 days.
مهاجرت کانادا
mahni1390 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2011, 05:08 AM   #130 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry help for fifa 10

Guys please help me out. I have this game fifa 10 downloaded from 4shared.com. I have samsung galaxy i5510 and when I try to play this game on my phone it works but I have to slide ON THE CONTROLS to get them working on my phone. Pls help me
adarsh2397 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 19th, 2011, 06:12 AM   #131 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

@adarsh2397
No discussion regarding warez.If you have purchased the app,the developer will help you .
Tresezk is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tresezk For This Useful Post:
novox77 (July 19th, 2011)
Old July 19th, 2011, 07:12 AM   #132 (permalink)
Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
 
novox77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,968
 
Device(s): Evo 4G, 3D, LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,190
Thanked 3,268 Times in 1,410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh2397 View Post
Guys please help me out. I have this game fifa 10 downloaded from 4shared.com. I have samsung galaxy i5510 and when I try to play this game on my phone it works but I have to slide ON THE CONTROLS to get them working on my phone. Pls help me
androidforums.com has zero-tolerance of piracy and discussion of piracy (even in private messages), and your account here is subject to termination if the policy is violated. Please refer to the forum rules posted in my signature. As karandpr succinctly and eloquently put it, the developer of the app will support his/her software if you've legally purchased it.
__________________

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Help me out: Sign up with Dropbox and we both get 500MB extra space. Thanks!
novox77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #133 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi, I am Manjunath, from Bangalore, took this phone on 10th of July.
ManjunathM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:52 AM   #134 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Hi
especially to karandpr
I have a question.
I don know what is keypas sweeping, and how it is working?????!!!!
could you explain for me.
I see the sweep site but, try it and doesnot work.
مهاجرت کانادا
mahni1390 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 03:58 AM   #135 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahni1390 View Post
Hi
especially to karandpr
I have a question.
I don know what is keypas sweeping, and how it is working?????!!!!
could you explain for me.
I see the sweep site but, try it and doesnot work.
مهاجرت کانادا
It's not available on built in Samsung keypad for 551
if you have market/custom software keyboard like AnySoftKeyboard you have choice between
QWERTY,normal dialpad ,symbol.
Instead of using buttons like ?123 on default keyboard you can just sweep to change the keypad form QWERTY to Symbol and vice versa
This feature is known as keypad sweeping and it has nothing to do with swype
Tresezk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 08:49 AM   #136 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

hi ok thank you
I install Swype from the Swype site, and now I have keypad Swyp, thats wonderful. I love it.
مهاجرت کانادا
mahni1390 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #137 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default C compiler ?

Hi Guys

I need a c compiler app dat wrks on my phone. I need it to compile offline too. i.e, compile without net access. Anyone who knows abt such an app pls reply.
Soori is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:25 PM   #138 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My galaxy 551 simply wont connect to my computer. Any suggestions?
gordieborg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #139 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default arabic support

Hello

I have a Samsung Galaxy 551 (GT-i5510M) with Android 2.2.2. My Kernel Version is 2.6.32.9-perf. Build number is FROYO.UGKC5
I am looking for a way to be able to see arabic writing rom messages i get from facebook or others, all what I see is squares
Can anyone help please
nijlet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #140 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15
 
Device(s): Galaxy 551 , Xperia x10 mini pro
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

hi can any of u recommend a good t9 keyboard ...many a times its difficult to type using the onscreen keyboard or the hardware one ..
udayvir is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #141 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,
just got that Phone a few days ago, my biggest Problem is the following:
I cant unsinstall stuff that was there i started the phone, all options are greyed out.
I really want to get rid of the Trial Games, also this ist my first android phone or first smartphone in general, so i dont now nothing about rooting
and nand etc.
Ultimately i want to gain total control over the phone, but since i dont know too much about root etc it would be nice if someone sends me in the right direction.


Thanks and greets from Germany,
one question can you read what im writing without too much hassle ? Its the first time i write in english in years.
Nyarlathothep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #142 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarlathothep View Post
Hi,
just got that Phone a few days ago, my biggest Problem is the following:
I cant unsinstall stuff that was there i started the phone, all options are greyed out.
I really want to get rid of the Trial Games, also this ist my first android phone or first smartphone in general, so i dont now nothing about rooting
and nand etc.
Ultimately i want to gain total control over the phone, but since i dont know too much about root etc it would be nice if someone sends me in the right direction.


Thanks and greets from Germany,
one question can you read what im writing without too much hassle ? Its the first time i write in english in years.
No worries .
Check the all things root thread
Rooting the phone
nandroid backup currently is unavailable on android
To remove system apps(bundled apps) ,you will need apps like Titanium backup and Super Manager.
Tresezk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #143 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default more featues hidden

I own this phone for the past one month and this thread has been really helpful to me
1. Got my phone rooted with super one click.
2. Enabled live wallpapers.
And a host of other minor tweaks.

The problem I face is regarding internal memory of the phone.. I bumped upon few replies which project that using the app linktosd will help to overcome the problem but I came to know that than also all the data of the app won't be transferred to sthe sd card. I want to know if anyone using this facility is havin any problem
Besides that if there is anything that I can do with the phone like enabling live wallpapers and stuff which is cool and attractive.
I am not experienced in techno things so if a thread with an explanation is attached it will be great.

And any good softwares for rooted phone will be good. I mean suggestions.
Thanx looking forward to reply.
anasahmad18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #144 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by anasahmad18 View Post
I own this phone for the past one month and this thread has been really helpful to me
1. Got my phone rooted with super one click.
2. Enabled live wallpapers.
And a host of other minor tweaks.

The problem I face is regarding internal memory of the phone.. I bumped upon few replies which project that using the app linktosd will help to overcome the problem but I came to know that than also all the data of the app won't be transferred to sthe sd card. I want to know if anyone using this facility is havin any problem
Besides that if there is anything that I can do with the phone like enabling live wallpapers and stuff which is cool and attractive.
I am not experienced in techno things so if a thread with an explanation is attached it will be great.

And any good softwares for rooted phone will be good. I mean suggestions.
Thanx looking forward to reply.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-551/326620-low-memory-problem.html
How many apps you plan on installing ?
I once had nearly 300 apps on 551 with Link2SD .Currently I have 120+ apps installed .
Tresezk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #145 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey guys,
I dont wanna be a kill joy but ever since I bought this phone its been giving me nightmares. The battery sucks big time and so does the OS.

I rooted the phone (with one click root) in order to get a little better out of the phone and put in a 16 gb sd card but now half of the time the apps on the sd card do not load,the phone has become very slow and it restarts itself often while installing an app.And sometimes for no reason the screen goes blank and I have to take out my battery to start it.

What should I do guys,its very frustrating,i spent 12.5 k on this piece of shit,help me out...
forevr_cool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #146 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default i have a problem!

how to root this phone properly?alam mo ba?
jaysondesu02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #147 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by forevr_cool View Post
Hey guys,
I dont wanna be a kill joy but ever since I bought this phone its been giving me nightmares. The battery sucks big time and so does the OS.

I rooted the phone (with one click root) in order to get a little better out of the phone and put in a 16 gb sd card but now half of the time the apps on the sd card do not load,the phone has become very slow and it restarts itself often while installing an app.And sometimes for no reason the screen goes blank and I have to take out my battery to start it.

What should I do guys,its very frustrating,i spent 12.5 k on this piece of shit,help me out...
BTW class 2 SD cards are not recommended.
Only class 4 and above work smoothly
I have class 4 16 and it's smooth as butter

depends on what kind of performance you want/expect .
Try our Custom ROM .Arkas 0.4/0.401 if you want to begin .
0.433 if you are a pro
Arkas if 0.5/0.533 if you are a super pro

The official Team Enigma forum
Enigma - Android Forums
My Blog
All about Samsung Galaxy 551 and more


Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysondesu02 View Post
how to root this phone properly?alam mo ba?
Rooting the phone
Tresezk is offline  
Last edited by Tresezk; August 16th, 2011 at 08:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:56 AM   #148 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default galaxy rooted sd linking

@karand: bro i jus recently downloaded an app called root all to sd it made a partition on my sd card and transfeered all the data of my phone to sd even the system data. it was working fine until yesterday..
my phone rebbooted and then all the apps got blown away and luckily i had a backup in titanium so i was able to restore them but i took me awfull lot of time.
so my ques here are:
1. if i use link2sd than what tool shu i use to partition my sd card? and can i retransfer the data i linked to sd if i want to back into my phone.
2. an app that allows me to delete partitons on my sd card coz the partition which root to sd made is useless now and i want my space back.
3. shud i tranfer sysytem data or not?
4. is there any other tweak besides live wallpaper?
and lastly provide me the thread to install stable custom roms with a step by step guide.
anasahmad18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:04 AM   #149 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anasahmad18 View Post
@karand: bro i jus recently downloaded an app called root all to sd it made a partition on my sd card and transfeered all the data of my phone to sd even the system data. it was working fine until yesterday..
my phone rebbooted and then all the apps got blown away and luckily i had a backup in titanium so i was able to restore them but i took me awfull lot of time.
so my ques here are:
1. if i use link2sd than what tool shu i use to partition my sd card? and can i retransfer the data i linked to sd if i want to back into my phone.
2. an app that allows me to delete partitons on my sd card coz the partition which root to sd made is useless now and i want my space back.
3. shud i tranfer sysytem data or not?
4. is there any other tweak besides live wallpaper?
and lastly provide me the thread to install stable custom roms with a step by step guide.
1.)Minitool Partition Wizard or EASEUS partition Wizard .YES but you will need space in internal memory for that
2.)prolly it will be a .ext2 file somewhere in SD card delete it .or delete rallsd folder in SD card
3.)NO
4.)Cant say what you want exactly
5.)N00b ROM installation
Though I cant comment on stability of any ROMs
Tresezk is offline  
Last edited by Tresezk; August 16th, 2011 at 08:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:28 AM   #150 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karandpr View Post
1.)Minitool Partition Wizard or EASEUS partition Wizard .YES but you will need space in internal memory for that
2.)prolly it will be a .ext2 file somewhere in SD card delete it .or delete rallsd folder in SD card
3.)NO
4.)Cant say what you want exactly
5.)N00b ROM installation
Though I cant comment on stability of any ROMs
are the partititon apps available on market?
because root all to sd creates a partititon itslef but it isnt recognized by link2sd..

i deleted the rallsd folder but still my space is taken it hasnt got free..

aand i was saying besides live wallpaper is there anything esle that i can enable? something that is available on high end phones.
and i got flash player for army processor but where to use it?
its installed.
anasahmad18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy 551
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Here comes Samsung with yet another phone in the Galaxy line. This time it's in the form of the full QWERTY Samsung Galaxy 551. With a 3.2 inch screen and a full slide out QWERTY keyboard, the Galaxy 551 is a nice mid level Android phone f... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy 551
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.