Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy 551

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Angry Google Widget - please confirm working?

Hello all,

I add the google search widget to my homescreen and it appears, but is NOT clickable.. when you click on it, it just highlights an orange box and nothing happens.


That widget, and other market widgets appear to work (like Black Google Search widget) but I would rather not use third party search and prefer to use the native widget.

Would some of you please try adding the google search widget and see if it works?

Thanks!

spiritbear0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 76
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Hi
I ' m using it now It works
after orange box appears, it change the page and goes to search page. that have keyboard to type your word.
مهاجرت به کانادا
mahni1390 is offline  
Last edited by mahni1390; July 2nd, 2011 at 03:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default re: Google Search widget not working

Hi Mahni

Mine does not work. After I click on the search box, it just glows orange and nothing happens.

The one (default) when i click Widget is a grey widget with blue "g" in it and says "Search". This doesn't work.

After I download the new Google+ from Market, there is an blue widget and it says "Google Search". This one works fine.

So why do i have to get Google+ just to get Search widget working. Why doesn't the default one with grey widget work?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahni1390 View Post
Hi
I ' m using it now It works
after orange box appears, it change the page and goes to search page. that have keyboard to type your word.
مهاجرت به کانادا
spiritbear0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,924
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritbear0 View Post
Hi Mahni

Mine does not work. After I click on the search box, it just glows orange and nothing happens.

The one (default) when i click Widget is a grey widget with blue "g" in it and says "Search". This doesn't work.

After I download the new Google+ from Market, there is an blue widget and it says "Google Search". This one works fine.

So why do i have to get Google+ just to get Search widget working. Why doesn't the default one with grey widget work?

Thanks
Faulty widget present in Firmware/phone .Just install another one ,it will work fine .
Install the attached file and replace it
Tresezk is offline  
Last edited by Tresezk; November 25th, 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default re: native google search widget not working

Mahdi

Hi, thanks this one works perfectly. Thanks! I couldn't install it from the web - it said download failed, but I copy it to USB and install from File manager and it said replace stock, I said Yes, and it adds the widget. This is the one which I got by installing Google+ from market, and it works, so that's great.

I believe you are correct that the stock one is defective.

thanks very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karandpr View Post
Faulty widget present in Firmware/phone .Just install another one ,it will work fine .
Install the attached file and replace it
spiritbear0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy 551
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Here comes Samsung with yet another phone in the Galaxy line. This time it's in the form of the full QWERTY Samsung Galaxy 551. With a 3.2 inch screen and a full slide out QWERTY keyboard, the Galaxy 551 is a nice mid level Android phone f... Read More

Tags
widget search google "search widget"


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy 551
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.