Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy 551

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 27th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nokia 5233 (Icebeat 2 Belle Ed.), Nokia E5, Samsung Galaxy 551 (Arkas 1.5 Einherjar), Nokia N95, Nok
Carrier: Not Provided

Default My 551's screen's got messed up

Hello guys! Today when I switched off my 551 for some work with the sim, and then switched it on again, the screen looked totally messed up. The icons were enlarged and the lock screen sliders were enlarged and jumbled up. Not more than 3 lines of text could fit in the screen. The screen indicators are huge and in the notification bar, not a single notification can be fully seen without scrolling all the way down and down. I guess it is a resolution problem, maybe due to display drivers. I have tried to factory reset the phone and switch it on with and without the sim and sd cards. But the problem persists.
I'm running 2.3.6 on my 551 since November and it was running fine since then till today noon.
So what do you guys think the problem is? And what do you suggest me to do now? Will installing Arkas 1.5 or reflashing 2.3.6 solve the problem??
Thanks

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,300 Posts

It's probably a build.prop botch up .the dpi must have been set to lower than 120 dpi .Flash Arkas 1.5 (or 1.6 or 1.7 ) and it should return to normal ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Tresezk For This Useful Post:
Imperial_Raj (March 30th, 2012)
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nokia 5233 (Icebeat 2 Belle Ed.), Nokia E5, Samsung Galaxy 551 (Arkas 1.5 Einherjar), Nokia N95, Nok

Thanks bro! Already flashed Arkas, problem solved and totally loving it. The boot animation is awesome. Just wanted a better framework, but rest is perfect and speedy. Anyways, thanks again and sorry for off-topic, but seriously

Samsung Galaxy 551
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Here comes Samsung with yet another phone in the Galaxy line. This time it's in the form of the full QWERTY Samsung Galaxy 551. With a 3.2 inch screen and a full slide out QWERTY keyboard, the Galaxy 551 is a nice mid level Android phone f... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy 551