Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Rooted S3 Mini,Rooted Galaxy Ace,Nexus 7 and Lenovo Ideatab A2
Carrier: Virgin

Default Galaxy Ace 2

Has anyone got one of these? I've had my Ace for nearly 2 years now and contracts just about up and tbh I've found it a cracking phone for what I need it for. I've been looking at the Ace 2 for my next contract,I'm not really into the SII orIII for what I need a phone for so has anyone got an Ace 2 and give me a bit of a run down on how well it works etc.

Cheers in Advance

sponsored links
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Real Bass Creator

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 with JellyBeans 6, Nexus 7, (RIP) Galaxy Nexus with 4.4 SlimKat, (RIP) Droid Incredibl
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,806 Posts

Hey Gammer,

I have moved this thread into the Galaxy Ace 2 forums since you are asking about some thoughts on the Ace 2.

Hope this helps

I love this community and so should you! So before posting please read:
Site Rules & Guidelines and Android FAQ's
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I like mine, the only problems being, I cant use the 3G supplier I want, but that's because I'm in Thailand and they use different MHz. The speaker is a bit quiet, but I'm a bit deaf.
Yeah I'm happy enough with it and it is definitely worth the money I paid
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

The ace 2 is a cracking phone

Only thing I have bad to say about it isn't really a problem with the phone and that's Samsung are really really slow with updates.
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
CVL

Device(s):

The Galaxy Ace 2 is a good, affordable smartphone with plenty of power to run tasks such as email, clock, alarm, calendar, web browser, music and video player, youtube and what have you. Anything you'd expect from a modern phone really. You'll also be able to play loads of games and run other applications as well from Google Play. Furthermore, Jelly Bean will be coming to Ace 2 soon making it (probably) even better than it already is.
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Rooted S3 Mini,Rooted Galaxy Ace,Nexus 7 and Lenovo Ideatab A2
Carrier: Virgin

Thanks all,I was going to ask what os it goes up to but if Jellybean is coming to it then I think an upgrade from the original Ace is on the cards.
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

It's not a bad phone.....while it is working. I am expecting my third replacement tomorrow. Maybe they have QA issues at the moment?
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

Countryman, what problems have you had? I've recently noticed my headphone socket is a bit wonky and it makes the volume go up and down and crackle. I made a thread about it but it wasn't very popular
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

Phone 1 - the brightness kept randomly setting itself to minimum. This made navigating by touch screen to get to the settings/brightness to bring it back up to normal brightness, well, shall we say 'challenging'!

Phone 2 - replacement was DOA

Phone 3 - while in the process of trying to find a fix to stop that damn wifi network notification screen from popping up all the time and constantly interrupting whatever it was you were trying to do (and despite having the Notifications set to Off), Orange suggested a Factory Reset. At which point in time, wi-fi stopped working completely.

Phone 4 - replacement was DOA

Phone 5 - replacement exhibits exactly the same wi-fi notification screen.

And please, don't get me started on the drongo's at Samsung who wrote the Kies software for the Mac that contravenes virtually every recommended programming practice for the Mac including disabling you from being able to do anything else on your Mac while the Ace firmware is being updated. That and the useless Kies wifiagent software that fills up the logs with 10 million log entries an hour (well, it seems like it).
Old February 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

What's DOA mean, Dead On Arrival? From a quick google it's either that or a Canadian punk band called Dogs On Acid, which seems somewhat unlikely! The only other problem I've had is the wifi notification thing which I'll comment on in the other thread.

And yeah, Kies is probably the worst piece of software I've ever used (and that's on PC). Can you not do over the air updates? Settings > ABout phone > SOftware update

I'm on Orange but my phone is unbranded and I got a 2.3 update over the air, so haven't had to use Kies yet. I'm hoping I get Jelly Bean OTA as well so I don't have to use it. I had an Orange branded Samsung before this and had to use Kies then. I'm still haunted now.
sponsored links

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is a mid-range handset. It's a decent looking follow-up to the original but it still positions itself in the mid-range market in this day and age. It houses a 3.2 inch TFT display, an 800MHz processor, 768MB of RAM, Blu... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Ace 2