Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Notsure won't connect to 4G or sms

I've bought the phone just over a month and a half ago, it is in good condition even in a protective case, it has worked flawlessly up until this evening.

I was able to "send" my texts but other would not receive them, I too wasn't receiving texts from anyone.
The other issue is I could connect to my home wifi without any issues, but if I turned off wifi my phone would no longer connect to the internet; whereas before it would just use my 4G data. Now the 4G icon doesn't even appear.

I have tried a standard reset, a powercycle, and now a factory reset.
Nothing has worked, and now I have lost all my contacts and settings too which isn't awful but frustrating

The only thing I could think of is that I work outside and it was cold, but I have worked outside all winter with my phone in my pocket, and I am currently using KiK over wifi without any problems.

Suggestions?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Sounds like a network issue

Maztor

It sounds like you have done everything that you can do on your end, especially if youíve already completed a Factory Data Reset. If you reset the phone and itís still having issues then you can rule out an incorrect setting and most software issues.

If youíre still having problems sending and/or receiving messages and if you are having problems with your cellular data then give your Service provider a call. Itís probably a provisioning error on their end. Itís NOT a down tower or anything like that but just their system talking to your phone incorrectly.

Ask for the tech department and see if they can get it fixed. This DOES NOT sound like a device related issue (not if a reset didnít fix it), so you shouldnít panic; your phone shouldnít need replacing.

If it was your antenna then you wouldnít be able to connect to your service provider or even make calls for that matter.

As for your contacts, try logging into your Gmail account again. A Gmail typically syncs the contacts and calendar on an Android phone automatically. Logging back into your Gmail can help you recover a lot of information.

If you canít remember your original Gmail account then write down your new one and use that Gmail to backup your Android phone and keep it backed up. That way if you lose your phone or it gets stolen or even malfunctions you wonít lose anything.

Good luck Maztor

~James~

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is a mid-range handset. It's a decent looking follow-up to the original but it still positions itself in the mid-range market in this day and age. It houses a 3.2 inch TFT display, an 800MHz processor, 768MB of RAM, Blu... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Ace 2