Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Galaxy S2 memory problem

I've had a Galaxy S2 for about a month now and can't really figure out how to use the Music Player or Gallery. When I try to open either of them I get a message saying "Not enough memory. Delete some items" and then it immediately closes.

I've put some music and pictures on the phone but according to the figures in settings I've got 1,97GB of internal storage free, 160KB of USB storage (whatever that is) and 30GB of SD card storage space available.

So has anyone got any idea why I can't open the Music Player or Gallery?

I've tried restoring it to factory settings which made no difference. I also expected the reset to delete all the music I'd put on the phone but if I go to My Files it's all still on there, so I'm a bit baffled at the moment.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Edit: I've just noticed that I've put this in the wrong forum. Would a mod be kind enough to move it for me. Thanks

Last edited by FourHorsemen; February 8th, 2013 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Add text
sponsored links
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

A factory reset would not usually delete things like mp3s from phone storage so that bit is fine.

The other bit is more confusing.

I though maybe you'd somehow copied the music or photos to phone memory instead of phone storage. A factory reset ought to have sorted that issue out, though.

Have you checked what else you have in phone memory? The error message is probably nothing to do with the mp3s and photo files: it's probably that phone memory is filled with other things to the extent that the music player and gallery don't have enough space left to work.

Only problem with this explanation is that a factory reset ought to have fixed that as well! Did you re-install lots of apps etc after the factory reset and before you tested the gallery / music player, maybe ..?
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

No I'm not really into Apps. There's nothing on there that wasn't there when it was new. The very first thing I did was to sync it with Windows Media Player to put some music on it. Other than phoning and texting I only use it as a music player and camera.
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

check if you probably have this problem Gallery app Not enough memory Jelly Bean !
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): GT-I9505, SM-T310, GT-I8160, GT-P3110, Palm Pre

160KB of USB storage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourHorsemen View Post
No I'm not really into Apps. There's nothing on there that wasn't there when it was new. The very first thing I did was to sync it with Windows Media Player to put some music on it. Other than phoning and texting I only use it as a music player and camera.
There is your problem.
Windows media player sync.

To fix the problem you need to look into what Windows stored in your phone.
You need to access the usb storage and move the files into your external SD card.

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is a mid-range handset. It's a decent looking follow-up to the original but it still positions itself in the mid-range market in this day and age. It houses a 3.2 inch TFT display, an 800MHz processor, 768MB of RAM, Blu... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Ace 2