I have been facing this problem since 2 days after I bought the Galaxy Ace
When I am at home
, the phone connects successfully to Wi-Fi
and I can browse the web normally using opera.
My home router is a D-Link and it uses WEP security.
The problem is that the Android Web Browser
, all Android applications and some others hardly get the Wi-Fi internet or don't get it at all
! If it gets it, it takes between one and five minutes to load the google homepage!
What is weird:
- The Android Web Browser works perfectly with WAP mobile package.
- The Android Web Browser works perfectly with the University's Wi-Fi (they use a complicated security system to connect to Wi-Fi, and it's WPA2)
- The Android market is not working anymore (hardly gets the Internet).
I tried all this but it didn't solve the problem:
- Applications: "Wifi Fixer" and "FXR Wifi fix and repair"
- FACTORY RESET
- Uninstalling Opera
- Turn Sync Off
- Turn Packet Data off
- Logout then login to the google account
- Clear the cache of Android Market, Android Web Browser, Download Manager etc....
The Android Version is 2.2.1 (Middle East) and the phone is not rooted.
ANY SUGGESTION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED A SIMILAR CASE, PLEASE SHARE IT HERE