Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Ace

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rpmdheena1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): samsung galaxy ace android version 2.3.6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post problems with gingerbread 2.3.6

Hi all, i have upgraded my galaxy ace to android 2.3.6 using odin...

i love the changes in interface as mentioned above by some of our frnds...

my problem is that...

1. i'm getting a tone whenever i send a msg ( for last call charge in india)...

2. even if i put my mobile in silent mode and send a msg its vibrating for the same reason, though i have disabled vibration in my settings...

3. for delivery report too i'm getting notification sound...

4. sometimes when i enter into any message suddenly after getting into my inbox, my screen is flashing once or twice and coming out of the particular message.

more than this its cool... but these four things annoying me a lot...

anyone have a solution for this????

thanks in advance...

Advertisements
rpmdheena1989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: India
Posts: 161
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Ace
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Do you have s5830 or s5830i?
galaxyace152 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rpmdheena1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): samsung galaxy ace android version 2.3.6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

galaxy ace s5830
rpmdheena1989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: India
Posts: 161
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Ace
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Did your clear the cache after updating from the recovery menu?
galaxyace152 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
rpmdheena1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): samsung galaxy ace android version 2.3.6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tongue

yes i did clear the cache!!!! did a factory reset too....
rpmdheena1989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Ace Gingerbreab 2.3.6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Have u tried to google those problems? Maybe u can find the answerfrom there.
zZzACEzZz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

HEY GUYS ...i`m new user of android phone !!..i don`t have much information about android phone!!....Recently i got samsung ace..which have 2.3 gingerbread o.s!!..

1- I want to update my o.s from 2.3 to 4.0(ics) ? AND

2-I want FLASH PLAYER to work in my ace!

for dat can anyone tell me how to do it!!..with proper "PROCEDURE" n even tell me d "PROBLEM" after upgrading n installing flash in the cell phone !!

n for upgrading we have to "ROOT" ...PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THAT ALSO !!...
akshaygharge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,275
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 244 Times in 226 Posts
Default

rpmdheena1989, which firmware did you flash and from where did you get it?
i have never heard of a bug like this.
__________________
Device: Samsung GT-S5830 Galaxy Ace
ROM: AOKP 4.2.2
Scripts: CronMod INT2EXT4+
Kernel: 2.6.37.6-jellybean+marco@pc5 #14
CPU Frequency: 245MHz - 800MHz, SmartassH3
ayush29k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,275
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 244 Times in 226 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaygharge View Post
HEY GUYS ...i`m new user of android phone !!..i don`t have much information about android phone!!....Recently i got samsung ace..which have 2.3 gingerbread o.s!!..

1- I want to update my o.s from 2.3 to 4.0(ics) ? AND

2-I want FLASH PLAYER to work in my ace!

for dat can anyone tell me how to do it!!..with proper "PROCEDURE" n even tell me d "PROBLEM" after upgrading n installing flash in the cell phone !!

n for upgrading we have to "ROOT" ...PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THAT ALSO !!...
Please create a separate thread for your queries, this thread is supposed to be for rpmdheena1989's problems. It would be disrespectful to interrupt like this.
Personally the questions you are asking have already been answered a million times in these forums. Please search for them in the sticky threads or use the search button, you'll get your answers easily.
ayush29k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: Male
Posts: 252
 
Device(s): SGA GT-S5830 Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 GT-P3100 Galaxy SIII GT -I9300
Carrier: IT

Thanks: 19
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
www.google.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdheena1989 View Post
Hi all, i have upgraded my galaxy ace to android 2.3.6 using odin...

i love the changes in interface as mentioned above by some of our frnds...

my problem is that...

1. i'm getting a tone whenever i send a msg ( for last call charge in india)...

2. even if i put my mobile in silent mode and send a msg its vibrating for the same reason, though i have disabled vibration in my settings...

3. for delivery report too i'm getting notification sound...

4. sometimes when i enter into any message suddenly after getting into my inbox, my screen is flashing once or twice and coming out of the particular message.

more than this its cool... but these four things annoying me a lot...

anyone have a solution for this????

thanks in advance...

the first three points are not basically a problem with the phone but its a new rule set up by TARI where the user is informed about the call cost through a flash message.. (not sure if it can be disabled on phone are through carrier)
you getting the tone is just the way galaxy ace handle this flash messages..
this notifications saved me a tone of money since my sms plan expired few days back and i started getting this notification for this.....


i to get annoyed by the delivery report so i disabled it all together...

the lag in opening the messages or call log seams to be a glitch in the 2.3.6 update... hope sammy will fix this.....
Mackinon is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 8th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,275
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 244 Times in 226 Posts
Default

Quote:
the first three points are not basically a problem with the phone but its a new rule set up by TARI where the user is informed about the call cost through a flash message.. (not sure if it can be disabled on phone are through carrier)
you getting the tone is just the way galaxy ace handle this flash messages..
this notifications saved me a tone of money since my sms plan expired few days back and i started getting this notification for this.....


i to get annoyed by the delivery report so i disabled it all together...

the lag in opening the messages or call log seams to be a glitch in the 2.3.6 update... hope sammy will fix this.....
I am getting that flash message notification from the service provider since the last 4 years, please do tell how you were you able to disable it.
Its one BIG annoyance!!

But these messages never give any kind of sound to me, neither did i have the message problem, its not the lag shes talking about, the messages are closing by itself, its no fc problem.
ayush29k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: Male
Posts: 252
 
Device(s): SGA GT-S5830 Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 GT-P3100 Galaxy SIII GT -I9300
Carrier: IT

Thanks: 19
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
www.google.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush29k View Post
I am getting that flash message notification from the service provider since the last 4 years, please do tell how you were you able to disable it.
Its one BIG annoyance!!

But these messages never give any kind of sound to me, neither did i have the message problem, its not the lag shes talking about, the messages are closing by itself, its no fc problem.
delivery report i disabled by going to message setting and unchecked the delivery report....

but that doesn't stop the flesh messages just the delivery reports.
Mackinon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): Galaxy Spica i5700 Galaxy Ace S5830i Galaxy Advance i9070
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdheena1989 View Post
Hi all, i have upgraded my galaxy ace to android 2.3.6 using odin...

i love the changes in interface as mentioned above by some of our frnds...

my problem is that...

1. i'm getting a tone whenever i send a msg ( for last call charge in india)...

2. even if i put my mobile in silent mode and send a msg its vibrating for the same reason, though i have disabled vibration in my settings...

3. for delivery report too i'm getting notification sound...

4. sometimes when i enter into any message suddenly after getting into my inbox, my screen is flashing once or twice and coming out of the particular message.

more than this its cool... but these four things annoying me a lot...

anyone have a solution for this????

thanks in advance...
I've upgrade my Ace S5830i from to 2.3.5. 2.3.5 is stable and great battery performance.
arughoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 229
 
Device(s): Galaxy Ace Black
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Default

I also upgraded over odin but I didnt do a factory reset, that to me seemed pointless and I think only needed on custom rom updates (since they are installed over CWM instead). I havent noticed any of the problems you posted.

Rest of my thoughts are.

The swipe to unlock is much better. Before was too hard on 2.3.3.
So far early indications are battery life is improved but only had it on 12 hours at the moment.

In terms of preserving apps/data, I had previously setup sd-ext for apps with a cf-root kernel as well. When the upgrade was done I was unrooted and apps not available (other than system apps), after cf-root was reinstalled all my apps were back, in addition all my contacts etc. were preserved. However I did have to do some manual work to get a2sd fully functional again, with a2sd as the a2sd binaries were missing so I couldnt adjust settings, wipe dalvik cache use the gui a2sd app etc. But someone not using sd-ext wouldnt have these issues, and in the end turned out minor work to fix.

However defenitly do a nandroid backup first before you start so you can roll back if you need to, by that I mean a CWM backup. Also put the backup on your pc as well incase something happens to the SD card.
chrcol is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 08:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdheena1989 View Post
Hi all, i have upgraded my galaxy ace to android 2.3.6 using odin...

i love the changes in interface as mentioned above by some of our frnds...

my problem is that...

1. i'm getting a tone whenever i send a msg ( for last call charge in india)...

2. even if i put my mobile in silent mode and send a msg its vibrating for the same reason, though i have disabled vibration in my settings...

3. for delivery report too i'm getting notification sound...

4. sometimes when i enter into any message suddenly after getting into my inbox, my screen is flashing once or twice and coming out of the particular message.

more than this its cool... but these four things annoying me a lot...

anyone have a solution for this????

thanks in advance...
me also having the same problems with my s5660 after upgrading it to 2.3.6
sakthyprasad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 01:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: Male
Posts: 252
 
Device(s): SGA GT-S5830 Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 GT-P3100 Galaxy SIII GT -I9300
Carrier: IT

Thanks: 19
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
www.google.com
Default

GT-S5830

I got this problem many times after i updated to official 2.3.6.
when i pick a call the screen doesn't go off immediately problem is when i start speaking something touches the screen and the call goes on hold... is any one else having the same problem or is it just with my phone.. any way do let me know if any one have a solution for this...
Mackinon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy Ace
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy Ace is an Internation/European Android phone with a 3.5-inch screen and 800MHz processor. Samsung describes it as minimal yet sophisticated and we'd have to agree. While the specs aren't top notch, the Galaxy Ace still co... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Ace
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.