Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Apollo (3)

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 8th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Apps have no internet connection on secured wifi

Hello

After a long time of fiddling around I've managed to connect to my university's wifi network.

However the wifi only works in the web browser, and not in any applications that use an internet connection. The connection is through a proxy server and also requires you to log in with your student account.. the prompt appears for your login details when using the web browser (it seems to save them, I haven't had to input them more than once), so I'm kind of thinking that anything else is unable to connect because it doesn't know the login details and doesn't prompt for them either.

e.g. the YouTube application, any Twitter applications, the downloader application (that is opened whenever you try to download something from within the web browser) all have no connection and won't function, but the web browser is perfectly fine.

I haven't had any problems when I'm on my (non-account locked, unproxied) home network. This is on a version 2.1 Samsung Apollo.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old March 8th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

what about connecting to you university wifi through a laptop?

It should like the proxy you're going through have some sort of filter that only allows http (port 80) traffic.
Old December 13th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

I'm having similar issues with my Samsung Android and its been almost a month now. Most apps will not function for failure to connect with the internet, email links will not function and http files on email do not open. The browser will normally function well but lately has started having trouble connecting online.
Old December 13th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

When faced with a proxy situation, I've sometimes found that using the browser to login to the proxy, and only then starting the required app (eg Youtube) sometimes works.

Samsung Galaxy Apollo
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy Apollo is a European Android Phone aimed at pleasing the budget phone shopper. The Galaxy Apollo includes a 3.2-inch screen, 3MP camera, 3.5mm headset jack, and is packed into a rather small frame which some people prefer. W... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Apollo (3)