Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Apollo (3)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Confused Icons disappear from home screen

Anyone have issues with their Galaxy 3 home screen icons disappearing? Using Froyo. Seems to be only apps on sd card.

Last edited by hiyaks; August 24th, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
sponsored links
Old August 26th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): samsung apollo kyrillos' ROM v9.1 G3 mod kernel 2.1_OC+ 83-1336 GHz ondemand :0)

had a couple go missing a few times after i upgraded, think a task killer was to blame.
The Following User Says Thank You to skivit For This Useful Post:
hiyaks (August 30th, 2011)
Old August 30th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skivit View Post
had a couple go missing a few times after i upgraded, think a task killer was to blame.
Thanks for the reply! Do you know a fix for this? It's not the end of the world, but kind of irritating...
Old August 30th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): samsung apollo kyrillos' ROM v9.1 G3 mod kernel 2.1_OC+ 83-1336 GHz ondemand :0)

nope, and its still happening, random (i think) apps vanishing from the home screen. i flashed xjp4 with live wallpapers, its only been happening after that. task killer been uninstalled for a week or so, so its not to blame after all.....

maybe a search of the forums to see if any other gsm has the same problem, but not now, i'm off for w#rk!! )
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

this is a irritating problem but persists in all stock froyo roms.

you can install another launcher such as launcher pro, adw launcher, etc and the problem will be solved
Old September 12th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickgenius View Post
you can install another launcher such as launcher pro, adw launcher, etc and the problem will be solved
I am using Launcher Pro, and I have this same problem, so that does not resolve it for me. After every reboot (and sometimes without a reboot), all of my SDCard-installed apps disappear, their icons turn to generic android icons, and I get the message that the apps aren't installed when I try to run them. I switch to the built-in Launcher (twLauncher) and have the same problem. takes multiple reboots, removing the SD card, replacing it, rebooting, i don't know what all, and eventually, the problem will go away, but I will be left with not knowing what exactly I did to resolve it. Meanwhile I am without my apps for sometimes hours, or the rest of the day. (Sometimes my apps are all there when I go to bed, but are all gone when I wake up. Not sure if a reboot happened during the night, or what.)

This has only been happening the last month or so, and i have had this phone for a year (on Froyo for more than six months). Not sure if there was some update, or something I did to cause this, but it is very frustrating.

I reset back to factory, and reinstalled apps, then moved them to SD Card, and had the same problem.

Also, I rooted my phone about the same time this started, so I assumed that was the culprit, but I have unrooted, wiped out the phone, and started over, and still the problem persists.

Anybody have any idea what is causing this?

Thanks for any help,

Griffin

P.S. I have a Samsung Epic 4g, which only has about 400Mb of internal storage available for apps, so no way to fit all of them on there.
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

h
Last edited by skivit; September 13th, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

flashed Indroid 3.0 at the weekend, and all apps have stayed in place so far.....

Samsung Galaxy Apollo
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy Apollo is a European Android Phone aimed at pleasing the budget phone shopper. The Galaxy Apollo includes a 3.2-inch screen, 3MP camera, 3.5mm headset jack, and is packed into a rather small frame which some people prefer. W... Read More

Tags
applications, apps, aps, bugs, disappear, froyo 2.2, icon, icons, sd card

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Apollo (3)