Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Apollo (3)

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): samsung galaxy apollo I5800 android 2.2 (refurbished replacement)
Carrier: Not Provided

Default crashing/stalling - camera, gallery, OS, security

Hello
this samsung galaxy I5800 was a refurbished replacement for mine that went for repair. Though it came back with the same problem as this replacement...

At times the phone shuts itself down into an endless loop like the start up two screens ('samsung' and 'GT-I5800 samsung') then suddenly boots. A few times this happened while trying to switch off the phone.

The camera worked OK in the shop, but since then stalls/freezes/screen goes dark/screen returns to homepage (one or all). When there it takes photos fine (though may have a problem with focus) but not always possible to review pics.

The gallery may or may not recognise images are there, and does so very slowly. Impossible to scroll through all of them once one is enlarged - 2 or 3 at a time with a black screen in between. Though it's likely to have dropped back to the home screen before then.

A few times error messages appeared, eg

The App Camera (process com.sec.android.app.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I am at my wits end... the original problem with the original phone was liveable with yet I was talked into sending it off for repair, and its taken up so much time since with even bigger problems.

please can someone guide me through how to correct these problems if they can be done or shall I smash it and go and buy a new phone on Monday?

Robin (trying not to scream)

Advertisements
sponsored links

Samsung Galaxy Apollo
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy Apollo is a European Android Phone aimed at pleasing the budget phone shopper. The Galaxy Apollo includes a 3.2-inch screen, 3MP camera, 3.5mm headset jack, and is packed into a rather small frame which some people prefer. W... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Apollo (3)