Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Apollo (3)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Apollo, Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Sudden Battery Life Issues

I've had my phone for roughly a year and a half. I've had no serious issues with battery life until 1 - 2 months ago.

Typically I charge my phone via usb while I am at my computer through the evening, and it then remains off the charger until the next evening, unless needed at which point I will use either usb or wall charger. I can charge my phone up full and it will last me approximately 18-20 hours, mostly being idle, sending and recieving occasional IMs and SMS messages. If I do anything like make calls life decreases.

Now here is the big thing, if I enable data (not wifi) and try to do something like facebook or browse the net my battery within a min or so drain completely to red and force the phone to shut down.

As always I keep apps up to date. The only changes I've made to my phone are...

• New SD card, 16gb class 10
  • Rooted the phone with superoneclick 1.7
  • Installed terminal emulator
  • installed titanium backup
  • Installed App cache cleaner
  • Installed Adfree
  • Removed several system apps (safe ones; twidroyd/ubersocial, samsung apps, layar, daily breifing, allshare)
  • Moved all apps, except avg, to sd card
I didn't change or do anything else (other than attempt to update superuser (but reverted back due to binaries not wanting to update). I don't know if it's the phone or the battery. Not sure if or where I can get another battery to test it.

Any and all suggestions or help is appreciated. If there's anything you want to know just ask and I will do what I can to provide that info.

sponsored links

Samsung Galaxy Apollo
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy Apollo is a European Android Phone aimed at pleasing the budget phone shopper. The Galaxy Apollo includes a 3.2-inch screen, 3MP camera, 3.5mm headset jack, and is packed into a rather small frame which some people prefer. W... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Apollo (3)