Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Europa (5)

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 18th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Samsung Galaxy 5 update firmware problems.

When updating my firmware to Froyo via Kies, everything works via the Kies end but my phon stays on the "Downloading" flash screen with the little android digger icon. I've tried it around five times now, and I think the maximum I've left it must have been around 6 hours, and no updates have been successful.

When I turn it back onto keys it says firmware update unsuccessful/emergency recovery. I've not met anybody who have had these problems, my dad and my sister both have Galaxy S phones and theirs updated in the matter of minutes.

Cheers for any help in advance.

sponsored links
Old March 18th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Oh, just realised the update isn't for Froyo at all, but the update is from O2 to fix the repeat text message problem (where it constantly sends you the same text from the same person over and over again). However, it doesn't really fix the problem as it's not successfully updating. Help?
Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

And after trying 100 times on 6 different computers finaly made it... installed android 2.2 froyo through kies.. don't know what did it this time... all I did is unplugged usb cable right after it finished downloading firmware and then immediately plugged it back in and it upgraded... stupid KIES..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DusanT For This Useful Post:
GabyBR (March 8th, 2012), philippa65 (August 12th, 2011)
Old May 15th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusanT View Post
And after trying 100 times on 6 different computers finaly made it... installed android 2.2 froyo through kies.. don't know what did it this time... all I did is unplugged usb cable right after it finished downloading firmware and then immediately plugged it back in and it upgraded... stupid KIES..
does your galaxy 5 support multitouch after upgrading to froyo?
Old May 16th, 2011, 03:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Considering the hardware doesn't support multitouch, no Android update is ever going to add multitouch to the Galaxy i5500.
Old May 16th, 2011, 04:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted- View Post
Considering the hardware doesn't support multitouch, no Android update is ever going to add multitouch to the Galaxy i5500.
Perhaps not everyone knows the hardware limitations of the device
Old May 16th, 2011, 07:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted- View Post
so samsung i5500 will never have multitouch?? ouh
Old May 16th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalamms View Post
so samsung i5500 will never have multitouch?? ouh
Correct. It's a hardware function.
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie_C View Post
Correct. It's a hardware function.
It's both actually. But 2.1 was already perfectly capable of multitouch with the right hardware.
Old June 11th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

Haha was having the same issues you had. My Galaxy 5 was just hanging on the download screen for ever. Stumbled on this post, pulled the battery out, reinserted, tried again, same thing. Then I tried what you did - unplugged my phone after the firmware download finished, replugged, and what do you know... updates in a matter of minutes... dunno what it is that makes it work but yeah, I'm not complaining ahaha my thanks sincerely for the post I guess I would have gone through several computers and several hundred attempts too if you hadn't put this up XP Stupid Kies hehe
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikenzkr For This Useful Post:
GabyBR (March 8th, 2012), philippa65 (August 12th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old August 5th, 2011, 05:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Kies not quite wrong, just annoying

Kies, does says to 'restart' the phone by removing and replacing the USB cable. Just wait for the que, AND READ WHAT IT SAYS ON THE SCREEN! .
Old August 12th, 2011, 08:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenzkr;
my thanks sincerely for the post I guess I would have gone through several computers and several hundred attempts too if you hadn't put this up XP Stupid Kies hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Krakatoa View Post
Kies, does says to 'restart' the phone by removing and replacing the USB cable. Just wait for the que, AND READ WHAT IT SAYS ON THE SCREEN! .
My thanks to DusanT and the confirmation from mikenzkr, you have saved me hours if not days wasted trying to get my europa firmware updated!!! I had already struggled for half a day trying several times with the yellow digger man just hanging around on my phone!!!!!
Unplugging and plugging in the cable work just how you said.

Now Darth_Krakatoa I can assure you THERE IS NO CUE FOR YOU TO UNPLUG THE CABLE AFTER DOWNLOAD!!!!!.... As I read your post before attempting the above suggestion I was looking for the cue that you mentioned..... IT'S NOT THERE.... there is one AFTER the UPDATE is COMPLETED.......but nothing between the download and the update and it only works if you disconnect between the download and the up date.
Now I suggest you should not be so quick to treat others like idiots to try to make yourself feel superior!!! If it was not for those you accused of not READING WHAT IT SAID ON THE SCREEN I would not have the update and therefore got rid of those annoying repeating messages. So once again thanks DusanT and mikenzkr.

PS I normally do not write in forums but Darth_Krakatoa's patronising statement encouraged me, so I suppose without him (or her) you would not know of my gratitude....of some use then ehh!
Last edited by philippa65; August 12th, 2011 at 08:50 AM. Reason: quote not inserted
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

i got a galaxy 5 (gt-i5503) i'm tring to update it via samsung kies each time it tells me your device can't be updated any 1 got any help?????
Old August 17th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Europa - Running CWM, CynogenMod7 2.3.7 Gingerbread

i have never updated through kies sounds like you would have been better off flashing a new rom using odin? Galaxy 5 will never support multi-touch
Old September 9th, 2011, 04:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just did a firmware update on my i5500 via Kies - but I had to go back to my Windows XP machine to do it. The advice I was given by the authorised service centre was that Kies does not yet run correctly on W7 64 bit and my experience confirms that. Once I was on XP I had no problems - with the firmware upgrade, anyway!
Old March 8th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi!

I just came here to thank you for sharing your accomplishments. I was having trouble while upgrading firmware of my Galaxy 5 by Kies and did that:

Quote:
all I did is unplugged usb cable right after it finished downloading firmware and then immediately plugged it back in and it upgraded... stupid KIES..
It worked perfectlly fine and now I have back my phone with all functions! After being through several minutes with yellow robot on screen and Kies frozen in 94%, I found this topic and try that. At first try it worked!

Stupid Kies!!!

Thanks DusanT , mikenzkr and philippa65 !
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Device(s):

I am using GT-I5503 also . My problem is , when I installed the kies , it started to upgrade my firmware w/c was 2.1 . When my phone reboots , it does'nt open , it keeps restarting . Can somebody help me with this ? Thanks in advance
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s):

I am using GT-I5503 also . My problem is , when I installed the kies , it started to upgrade my firmware w/c was 2.1 . When my phone reboots , it does'nt open , it keeps restarting . Can somebody help me with this ? Thanks a lot .

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Europa (5)