Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Europa (5)

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 19th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Samsung GT-15500 Loads of probs please help!

Hi folks, Never posted in a forum like this before so if I'm going about it the wrong way, apologies. I have just got a new phone a Samsung GT-15500 and have got loads of questions please that I cannot find the answers to. Will list them in number order to make it easier to reply:-

1. I am having to slide the "unlock phone" icon every single time I go to use the phone, How can I switch the lock off permanently?

2. Likewise, I have to slide the "sound off" icon every single time - how do I lock the sound off permanently? I am scrolling the shortcut menu at the top but it will not lock.

3. When I want to forward a text message it says in the manual to "tap and hold the message and select Forward" but when I tap and hold it it just goes straight to the message, does not give me any options to "forward" only options says "view thread, view contact, delete thread" - how do I forward a text message please?

4. There doesn't appear to be an inbox, outbox, drafts or sent messages options, are there none of these options on this phone?

5. I have been sent some photos in a text message that I would like to save - how do I save the photos and where do I save them please?

6. I have been sent a ringtone via bluetooth that I want to use as my ringtone, how do I set it? The ringtone is stored in "sdcard/LOST.DIR" and it won't let me move it anywhere.

7. I had some saved photos on my sim card from my old phone which used to be in "my camera album" but since putting the sim card in this new phone they have dissappeared! have they gone for good?

8. I've got really long nails and they are accidentally hitting wrong things on the touch screen, can this phone be used with anything other than a finger, ie can a stylus be used etc?????

So,that's the lot! I'd be soooo grateful if someone could possibly help me out here please coz this blimmin phone is doing my head in and I feel like going back to my old as the hills "brick" phone lol.

Thank you for listening and hopefully helping xx

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old July 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung f480 + Galaxy Tab + Galaxy 5 Europe + Galaxy W

Hi. first sorry about my English, but I will try my best. :-)
1my opinion) not good to disable the icon "unlock phone"then youīr phone can make using itīs self maybe call someone - and tap your batterie.

2: donīt think I understand your question right. If you need your phone "sound off" - you use the roll down menu> sound = green then itīs off until you make it grey=on

3+4: I would get an apps like gosms or hancent sms or another there are a lot.

5+6: an apps like Astro

6: make a dir. on your sd card= media and put your tone in there then you can get it as ring-tone

7: try to read your sd card on your pc

8: i have big fingers, I use the one side of my thumb, and have no problems with sms

Hope you understand this and can get some use of it. :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to queeni For This Useful Post:
hertfordshire1 (July 19th, 2011)
Old July 19th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by queeni View Post
Hi. first sorry about my English, but I will try my best. :-)
1my opinion) not good to disable the icon "unlock phone"then youīr phone can make using itīs self maybe call someone - and tap your batterie.

2: donīt think I understand your question right. If you need your phone "sound off" - you use the roll down menu> sound = green then itīs off until you make it grey=on

3+4: I would get an apps like gosms or hancent sms or another there are a lot.

5+6: an apps like Astro

6: make a dir. on your sd card= media and put your tone in there then you can get it as ring-tone

7: try to read your sd card on your pc

8: i have big fingers, I use the one side of my thumb, and have no problems with sms

Hope you understand this and can get some use of it. :-)
Hi, Thank you so much for your reply, I understood you. So what you're saying is that I need to download apps to help store/forward my text messages and also an app to save my photos?

Also, my battery is draing so fast! I have had to charge it 3 times today! Please help, how do I save my battery life?

Thank you again, you have really helped me xxxxx
Old July 20th, 2011, 07:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hi, yes you understood my answer :-)
yes, we "play" allot with the phone in the beginning and that drain the battery:-)

now I charge it every 1-1― day. think thatīs normal for an smart-phone, they drain the battery fast -much faster than my old Samsung F480

save your battery life - close all programs what you donīt use as bluetooth, gps, wifi and so on, there are also a lot of apps that can help you - you see all the apps on AppBrain.com
Old July 20th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Try to read here too Best Android apps of all time: Top 100 | Electricpig
The Following User Says Thank You to queeni For This Useful Post:
hertfordshire1 (July 21st, 2011)
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

1. As said before, having it unlocked permanenty probably isn't a good idea. If you put it into a pocket or a bag you'll start pocketdialing in no time if you do. If you still want to disable it, it should be under "Settings" -> "Security" -> "Screen locking" (or something similar, don't have my phone setup in English).

4. I'll do 4 first cause 3. is kinda related: The phone doesn't have a separate outbox or inbox. Instead it has a threaded view. For each contact it'll just keep a chronological list of received and sent messages. Just open up the message and you'll see all messages for that contact.

3. Which brings us to 3, you can forward messages from within the actual messages screen. Tap and hold and you'll see the menu you are looking for.

7. Pictures can not be stored on a SIM-card. If you meant SD-card, indeed check whether you can still locate them if you put the SD-card in your PC. The mediascanner should be able to find any picture on your SD-card. If they're not on the SD-card (or you didn't have an SD-card in your old phone), the pictures are probably on the internal memory of your old phone.

8. There are special styluses for capacitive displays. But they're not that easy to use. I tried one, and I certainly can't recommend them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted- For This Useful Post:
hertfordshire1 (July 21st, 2011)
Old July 20th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Hi, Thank you both of you, you've been a great help and I will also look at the apps reccommended - I downloaded the Gosms app as I thought that might have an inbox and outbox but it was just the same as the phones message system so I ended up deleting it!

Just got some questions please.

1. I cannot turn off the hapatic sound when texting/touching screen - I go to settings and I've found it but the "tick" will not turn off even though I am pressing it - what should I be doing?

2. When I choose the wallpaper (a kitten) the picture is much too big for the screen - how do I make it smaller?

3. I am with 3mobile contract and there is no setting showing me my usage - am I supposed to download something? I've looked in files and everywhere and there isn't any "MY3" option anywhere to be found!

4. I am having to charge the phone at least twice a day! it also gets boiling hot - I'm only using it for texting and short calls and have turned bluetooth WIFI etc off and yet the battery is draining sooooo fast!! Do they sell extra long life batteries at all? I have down loaded "juice defender" but it's still draining way too fast - any ideas???

Thanks again for all your help, you really have made a difference! xxxxx
Old July 21st, 2011, 03:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hi,
1. when I go settings > sound >down to feedback - I translate from danish now:-) sound for screen touch = no green tick, now mine donīt say anything (but I like the Tick) :-)

2: try to google this problem - I have read about this before.

3: sorry my missing English, but not sure the meaning of your question.

4. you need to have some programs running in the back ground, mine have used 2% of the battery, from 10 yesterday evening and until to day at 9,
you properly need more settings in "juice defender" but i donīt know that program.

But you can start to look in settings> programs > I translate again :-) Running services (no 3) show and control running services and close some you donīt use.
Old July 21st, 2011, 03:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Hi,
1. when I go settings > sound >down to feedback - I translate from danish now:-) sound for screen touch = no green tick, now mine donīt say anything (but I like the Tick) :-)

2: try to google this problem - I have read about this before.

3: sorry my missing English, but not sure the meaning of your question.

4. you need to have some programs running in the back ground, mine have used 2% of the battery, from 10 yesterday evening and until to day at 9,
you properly need more settings in "juice defender" but i donīt know that program.

But you can start to look in settings> programs > I translate again :-) Running services (no 3) show and control running services and close some you donīt use.
Hi, thanks for the fast reply again! Your English is great! Shame I can't speak Danish

Anyway, I have done what you said in answer number 1 but my tick won't turn off!!

I think there may be something wrong with my battery if yours is lasting that long - mine is draining much too fast and I have the juice defender programme set at the highest. Does your phone get boiling hot too?
What app have you got to extend your battery life?

Thank you again Queeni (love the name by the way) xxxxx
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hi again I thought about this - do you have the last android version 2,2 ???

donīt understand about the tick- itīs the same if the tick are green ore not (same heigh) ??

I just made a call for 40 min and 2 hours stand by and the battery use 8%

do you have 3G on all the time ??

In the beginning my phone was boiling hot, too - but now it is almost cold :-)

My name Queeni is my Germen-Shepard dogs name :-)
Last edited by queeni; July 21st, 2011 at 05:05 AM.
sponsored links
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Hi again I thought about this - do you have the last android version 2,2 ???

donīt understand about the tick- itīs the same if the tick are green ore not (same heigh) ??

I just made a call for 40 min and 2 hours stand by and the battery use 8%

do you have 3G on all the time ??

In the beginning my phone was boiling hot, too - but now it is almost cold :-)

My name Queeni is my Germen-Shepard dogs name :-)
Hi, No I don't have the 2.2 version I have the older one (not sure what it's called though). The haptic sound just won't turn off, no matter how many times I touch the tick to trun it off it stays the same, I think I'll have to give up with that.

How do you know how much battery you have used?! What should I click to see how much battery I've used?

Yes the 3G sign is on the whole time! How do I turn it off? What does the 3G actually do? Would I need to turn it back on to text or something?

Thanks, Oh and great name for your dog xx
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

first you have to need to get 2,2 then maybe some of your problems will go.

Then we can take the other things, :-)
I PM you

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Europa (5)