Hi everyone, for me, anything about root is a brand new world (but i've done my iphone unlocked and jailbroken by myself), then I've moved to metropcs until now (my phone is samsung caliber with other family members). I just bought a used indulge (metropcs). I have some questions about it:
1. How to determine if my indulge has been rooted or not (i've asked on the "introduction" thread that this is the first step i have to see when buying a used android phone)?
2. Is it possible to trans my phone# now to my indulge?(because it is not buying from them/ i've not asked them yet for sure)
3. What is the order: verifying the esn to them, verifying the root or not, ask the phone's # trans, activated the phone, then root thing OR.. any other? or root thing then activated?
4. On the "all things root"/indulge; I see there is at least two files that are needed (windows driver and aio file) and a link to the premium ones; are those similar files basically or two different things?
5. Would somebody please can point to me a link about how to/step by step to root this phone because on all thing root(indulge section); i dont see (or maybe I misread) an order how to root the indulge like the way on jailbreaking/unlocking an iPhone (first, to push the power button for certain seconds then following to push the home button while pushing the power button for certain seconds, then click some steps on the jailbreaking program..etc...). i see on others the step by step but it is not for indulge.
I am sorry if my question is soooo.....noob; yes, i am totally noob here *
*I wish i can ask these on the member introduction but it is "not" allowed" to ask question there.
Thank you at last..., but I have read it already. That step by step instruction seems very nice organized (Konane);it is noob friendly. By using that very nice tut, I believe many people have no problem (we can see them on his thread; much much... people are happy than problems; in fact, almost all ppl who don't have problem will not ask/reply on a thread).
Also, according to that tut, phone has to be rooted. I am almost sure to make a phone rooted is not a rocket science; I think I've misread somewhere about how to step by step to root indulge on the internet/others. I'll double check. Thanks again..cheer
I did it!! about an hour after I activated my phone. But the battery is like crazy..compare with my previous metropcs phone (caliber; i know it is NOT android but it's about 3 times). Now, I have no idea to compare between before and after rooted about the battery consumption. How do i know if my setting is *good enough for the battery or not?
* So far I've done to save battery: least for the brightness with checked on the auto, no wifi, no gps, no vibrate at all; what else I should do? last question (maybe is the dumbest question), is that "market" thing only available after rooted or has been there before it was rooted? This "market" thing remind me a "cydia" on iPhone hacking/jailbraking; cydia only availabe after being jailbroken/rooted; I did not even mention this "market" thing before rooted thing. What is the biggest deal between after and before rooted/mod rom applied (metropcs on my case)? On an iPhone the biggest one is you can use it with any gsm in the world. I only used this indulge without rooted for less than 30 minutes.
Last edited by Androidkucool; December 4th, 2011 at 07:09 PM.
"........phone look like a brick...." A...what? Hm...I'll try to get the extn version if it is not thicker than the regular one. Also, I mention there is no sound at all when I set a timer. Previously, the phone had no sound at all but i deleted something...no sound thingS in the memory card root, then there is sound, but i did not check the timer/alarm sound on that time. Did i miss something?
"....Currently, there's no way to set a sound for the timers...." I am the parking meter abuser...... Yes, you r right the alarm work; it is not a big deal I still can use the alarm. Thanks to point out this bug....
I am curious about "root explorer/ ES file explorer" things. I see on the all root, somebody suggested go to menu, setting, scroll down to the bottom,but I don't see anything close with those above. Also, about how to go to the rom files thing; can somebody point me about this please? Thanks...
Add: are those from the market? or come with basix?
Last edited by Androidkucool; December 5th, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
last night, i did battery calibration with CWM (yellow) in rom manager. I could not do it by the purple one. But right now, it's about 65% already (only some texting and calling). Tonight, I'll do it again.