May 21st, 2012, 05:50 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 176 Times in 68 Posts
How To Fix Samsung Indulge Screen
This is video repair guide for the Samsung Indulge. Following this guide will allow you to safely and quickly disassemble your Indulge and replace a cracked screen, danged LCD, or other internal parts. Each step is shown to fully disassemble the Indulge and perform the necessary repairs.
This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Indulge part(s):
- Samsung Indulge Touch Screen Digitizer
- Samsung Indulge LCD Screen
- Safe open pry tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Heat Gun / Hair Dryer
Samsung Indulge Repair Guide:
- The first step for taking apart the Indulge will be to remove the back battery cover, from there we can remove the battery and sim card.
- We can now begin removing the six (6) small Phillips screws as shown in figure 1.
- With the screws removed, we can now use a safe open pry tool to remove the back housing from the device. Simply glide the tool around the edges and release all of the plastic clips holding the housing in place.
- We now have full access to the motherboard. Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the two (2) screws as shown in figure 2.
- There will be one (1) large pop connector located on on the left side of the motherboard which will also need to be released. Simply use a pry tool to gently lift the pop connector.
- Using a safe open pry tool we can now remove the motherboard from the rest of the device.
- Now, using a small Phillips screwdriver, remove the seven (7) screws located in figure 3.
- Gently lift the slide flex cable which is held to the keyboard housing with two (2) small pins and a bit of adhesive.
- Fully remove the keyboard housing.
- There will be four (4) small Phillips screws, one in each corner that will need to be removed.
- Move the metal slide onto the other side of the device and begin using a pry tool to release the clips holding the back of the screen assembly in place.
- With the back of the LCD screen exposed we can release four (4) jaw connectors, located in figure 4.
- The LCD screen can now be lifted away from the front housing using a safe open pry tool.
- The LCD screen can now be replaced.
- To remove the touch screen from the front housing you will need to use a heat gun or hair dryer to warm the adhesive holding the screen and flex cable in place. Use quick movements around the outside edges on a medium setting for about 45 seconds on the front and 10 on the back where the touch screen flex cable sits.
- You can now lift the touch screen flex cable away from the housing. Once this is complete, use a pry tool to begin prying in between the screen and housing. Work your way around all four (4) edges as shown in figure 5.
- Carefully slide the flex cable through the slot in the housing. You can then replace the touch screen digitizer.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only
. Please click here for details
Learn about restrictions on reproduction
and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.