Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Indulge

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:24 PM  
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
airtioteclint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,909
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S3, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Motorola Droid X, BlackBerry Tour
Carrier: MetroPCS, T-Mobile

Thanks: 615
Thanked 854 Times in 617 Posts
Default Help. Stuck in stock reboot screen

Helping out a friend here. It froze and wouldn't boot so i did a hard key reset and factory rest. It goes through all the motions but bootloops at the recovery. It is not rooted and all stock. I am unfamiliar with samsung phones. Any ideas would be appreciated.

__________________
People who leave one star ratings in playstore because of something like not liking the icon should be beaten. And forever banned from using free apps.
airtioteclint is offline  
Last edited by airtioteclint; September 7th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
sponsored links
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:59 PM  
Senior Member
 
Shatterproof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Detroit
Gender: Male
Posts: 626
 
Device(s): LG Connect, Iphone 5
Carrier: MetroPcs/Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 146
Thanked 195 Times in 151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtioteclint View Post
Helping out a friend here. It froze and wouldn't boot so i did a hard key reset and factory rest. It goes through all the motions but bootloops at the recovery. It is not rooted and all stock. I am unfamiliar with samsung phones. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Yeah thts weird... I would pull the battery then try using Odin, do u have the files?
__________________
If I have helped or guided you in any way you dont have to say thank you; you can just THANK THE BUTTON its free...
Shatterproof is offline  
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:24 PM  
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
airtioteclint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,909
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S3, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Motorola Droid X, BlackBerry Tour
Carrier: MetroPCS, T-Mobile

Thanks: 615
Thanked 854 Times in 617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterproof View Post
Yeah thts weird... I would pull the battery then try using Odin, do u have the files?
I am unfamiliar with odin. I checked the root section but the files seem to have been removed. Can you provide along with instructions on how to install? would it be possible to install even with the phone only on recovery? thanks in advance.
airtioteclint is offline  
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:28 AM  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 613
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire, Motorola Xoom, Lg Esteem
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 83
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Default

http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?591-How-to-flash-using-ODIN-to-return-to-stock
pcgamer is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pcgamer For This Useful Post:
airtioteclint (September 8th, 2012), Shatterproof (September 8th, 2012), TheMasterMind (September 17th, 2012)
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:55 AM  
Senior Member
 
Shatterproof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Detroit
Gender: Male
Posts: 626
 
Device(s): LG Connect, Iphone 5
Carrier: MetroPcs/Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 146
Thanked 195 Times in 151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtioteclint View Post
I am unfamiliar with odin. I checked the root section but the files seem to have been removed. Can you provide along with instructions on how to install? would it be possible to install even with the phone only on recovery? thanks in advance.
pcgamer posted the link with everything you need : ) if u still need help just post bk here or ur more then welcome to send me a pm and we will do our best to help.
Shatterproof is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shatterproof For This Useful Post:
airtioteclint (September 8th, 2012), pcgamer (September 8th, 2012)
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:03 AM  
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
airtioteclint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,909
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S3, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Motorola Droid X, BlackBerry Tour
Carrier: MetroPCS, T-Mobile

Thanks: 615
Thanked 854 Times in 617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgamer View Post
Yeah i tried that earlier but no matter what i tried i couldn't get odin to reconize the phone. That link doesn't provide the usb driver so i used the one found in the aio root thread. The install wizard would say it installed correctly but my status bar would say it didn't. Is there another usb driver for the 910?
airtioteclint is offline  
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:08 AM  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 613
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire, Motorola Xoom, Lg Esteem
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 83
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtioteclint View Post
Yeah i tried that earlier but no matter what i tried i couldn't get odin to reconize the phone. That link doesn't provide the usb driver so i used the one found in the aio root thread. The install wizard would say it installed correctly but my status bar would say it didn't. Is there another usb driver for the 910?
Try again, or use a different USB port. Maybe a different USB cable altogether.
pcgamer is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to pcgamer For This Useful Post:
airtioteclint (September 8th, 2012)
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:15 AM  
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
airtioteclint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,909
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S3, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Motorola Droid X, BlackBerry Tour
Carrier: MetroPCS, T-Mobile

Thanks: 615
Thanked 854 Times in 617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgamer View Post
Try again, or use a different USB port. Maybe a different USB cable altogether.
Hmm... I tried every usb ports multiple times. I tried download mode without the battery on each of them and i tried installing drivers and rebooting and reinstalling too. Each time it would say installation success on one end and fail on another. I think that is my problem right there. Tired as hell ima try again in the morning. Thanks.
airtioteclint is offline  
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:46 AM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Samsung Indulge, LG Esteem, Sprint Samsung GS3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtioteclint View Post
Hmm... I tried every usb ports multiple times. I tried download mode without the battery on each of them and i tried installing drivers and rebooting and reinstalling too. Each time it would say installation success on one end and fail on another. I think that is my problem right there. Tired as hell ima try again in the morning. Thanks.
I have had similar issues. make sure your micro USB fits tight. if it is loose at all Odin won't recognize your device. also some USB cables don't work for the indulge. (Ex. LG cables sometimes don't work.)
reno88jt is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to reno88jt For This Useful Post:
airtioteclint (September 8th, 2012)
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:07 AM  
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
airtioteclint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,909
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S3, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Motorola Droid X, BlackBerry Tour
Carrier: MetroPCS, T-Mobile

Thanks: 615
Thanked 854 Times in 617 Posts
Default

Ok i dug up my blackberry cable and got it to work. Odin flashed stock tar successfully bit this didn't fix the problem. Still bootlooping to recovery menu. I think this phone is done for but if anybody have anything else i can try it would be appreciated.
airtioteclint is offline  
sponsored links
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:11 AM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Samsung Indulge, LG Esteem, Sprint Samsung GS3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtioteclint View Post
Ok i dug up my blackberry cable and got it to work. Odin flashed stock tar successfully bit this didn't fix the problem. Still bootlooping to recovery menu. I think this phone is done for but if anybody have anything else i can try it would be appreciated.
You could have a bad download of the tar. you may want to re-download and try again. sometimes it takes a couple times of flashing in odin for the files to stick. I have had to flash 3 times in a row before.
reno88jt is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to reno88jt For This Useful Post:
airtioteclint (September 8th, 2012)
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:22 AM  
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
airtioteclint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,909
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy S3, LG Connect, LG Esteem, Motorola Droid X, BlackBerry Tour
Carrier: MetroPCS, T-Mobile

Thanks: 615
Thanked 854 Times in 617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno88jt View Post
You could have a bad download of the tar. you may want to re-download and try again. sometimes it takes a couple times of flashing in odin for the files to stick. I have had to flash 3 times in a row before.
Heh heh heh. I downloaded option two and it worked perfectly. Thanks much bro.

I learned two things here. Odin is lovely I'm wondering what else can it do and... All cables aren't created equal.
airtioteclint is offline  
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Samsung Indulge, LG Esteem, Sprint Samsung GS3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtioteclint View Post
Heh heh heh. I downloaded option two and it worked perfectly. Thanks much bro.

I learned two things here. Odin is lovely I'm wondering what else can it do and... All cables aren't created equal.
Your welcome. I'm glad I could help.
reno88jt is offline  
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:33 PM  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 613
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire, Motorola Xoom, Lg Esteem
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 83
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtioteclint View Post
Heh heh heh. I downloaded option two and it worked perfectly. Thanks much bro.

I learned two things here. Odin is lovely I'm wondering what else can it do and... All cables aren't created equal.
Congratulations on your learning something new.
pcgamer is offline  
 

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Indulge
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.