Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > Samsung Galaxy Lite

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Spica
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question How to install Live Wallpapers on JD1

I have upgraded my Spica to the JD1 firmware from Samsung Firmware and would like to install Live Wallpapers on it. Can somebody point me to a simple guide that I can follow? Thanks.

Phone Info:
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Baseband Version: i570EXXJD1
Kernel version: 2.6.29 root@SE-S611 #2 (does this mean my phone is rooted?)

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements
paragk is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 13th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default FC with live wallpapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragk View Post
I have upgraded my Spica to the JD1 firmware from Samsung Firmware and would like to install Live Wallpapers on it. Can somebody point me to a simple guide that I can follow? Thanks.

Phone Info:
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Baseband Version: i570EXXJD1
Kernel version: 2.6.29 root@SE-S611 #2 (does this mean my phone is rooted?)

Thanks in advance.
I donīt think there is anything out there yet. I installed Wallpaper Picker which made "live wallpapers" to show up in wallpaper settings, but whenever I tried to install a live wallpaper I got an FC. So I have given up. For now.
cdresor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Beerkan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Blighty
Posts: 720
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy K Zoom SM-C115
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 168 Times in 124 Posts
Default

try NexusMod

See Nexusmod

Untested by myself, but from user reviews:

By: Dkun
Works fine on samsung spica with 2.1 exept on-touch-effects are shifted to the right
__________________
Phone: Galaxy K Zoom SM-C115: Now using Galaxy TAB 8.4 Pro. Sowheat!!
Beerkan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 120
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdresor View Post
I donīt think there is anything out there yet. I installed Wallpaper Picker which made "live wallpapers" to show up in wallpaper settings, but whenever I tried to install a live wallpaper I got an FC. So I have given up. For now.
What do you mean by FC?

The livewallpaperpicker.apk file needs to be in the /system/app folder & you can ony do this if your phone is rooted.

Mine's rooted but I can't put the file in there as the /app folder is read only & I can't change it - even using the remount command!
rusky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusky View Post
What do you mean by FC?

The livewallpaperpicker.apk file needs to be in the /system/app folder & you can ony do this if your phone is rooted.

Mine's rooted but I can't put the file in there as the /app folder is read only & I can't change it - even using the remount command!
FC=Force close (or something like that). I was able to install live wallpaperpicker and got an icon for it, so I think it placed it correctly. Still think itīs the coding behind it which gives me trouble. And no, itīs not rooted.
Cheers,
c
cdresor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy Lite
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy I7500 was the company's first Android phone and the Galaxy Lite will follow in its footsteps by offering a slightly toned down version of the original Galaxy. Although the Galaxy Lite has a 3.2MP Camera with no flash and 1GB ... Read More

Tags
live wallpaper


Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > Samsung Galaxy Lite
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.