Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Mini 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 16th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Question Samsung galaxy mini 2 viewangle experiences/problem?

Hi All,

My girlfriend bought a galaxy mini 2 today. I noticed something strange with the view angle.
When you look at the screen from the left, top or bottom, the screen looks pretty normal. The screen fades if you move farther toward a side (nothing unusual). When you look at the screen from the right though, the image almost immediately fades out completely. When you move farther towards the right the image gets better again and then fades out as usual.

When looking straight at the screen I also notice a difference between both eyes (the right is a little faded). This makes it hard to focus on the screen and it's uncomfortable to look at.

I found a YouTube video demonstrating the problem: youtube /watch?v=MLKgzOhCmo8&list=UU-meyNt6ZTAiGyWkuOKWi0A&index=1&feature=plcp
(The forum won't let me post links)

I was wondering if this is 'normal' behaviour for this phone, or is it a malfunction in my girlfriend's smartphone. If you have a mini 2 and can answer this question it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance!

sponsored links
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500
Carrier: Not Provided

Seems its normal, same thing happening to me. Can't say I am too bothered by it , though !

Samsung Galaxy Mini 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

A sequel to the Samsung Galaxy Mini has been officially announced and it's simply being called the Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 (S6500). It's a low-end device aimed at the affordable market but depending on pricing, it could be a decent phone for ... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Mini 2