May 29th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Join Date: May 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I found this, it worked very well for me i had v2.1 I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT IF U DO THIS ITS AT YOUR OWN RISK, but as mentioned this worked fine for me, no problems yet! btw this isnt the root but the costum rom
NOTE: Me are not responsible any problems caused by installed kernels.
So, Do it at your own Risk..!
For flashing this kernel is need the root access, because it will use SetCPU or similiar tool for managing the frequency.
1. Download the needed file --> TASS_OC.7z
2. Extract TASS_OC.7z
3. Run S5570_Odin Multi Downloader v4.38.exe
4. Click OPS button and choose TASS_v1.0.ops
5. Clink PDA buton and choose CODE_S5570DXKA8_REV02_OC.tar.md5
6. Power up Phone to Download Mode (Center key + Vol Down key + Power key)
7. After Odin detected the Phone, Click Start button
8. Wait for flashing process is finnished, and install SetCPU or similliar tool.
After that, you can configure the frequency...
For back to stock kernel, the step is same as above. but you choose the CODE_S5570DXKA8_REV02.tar.md5 for PDA.
Note: If the phone is hang or reboot, choose the lower frequency until you find the stable frequency.
I can play AngryBird RIO very smooth on 825MHZ with Performance for Scaling profile..
sorry that the links dont work but just search the filname in google and u got it!
Last edited by baran; May 29th, 2011 at 12:28 AM.
Reason: adding link to thread where i found this.