July 15th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Join Date: May 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adrienne87
Hi, i am using galaxy mini, total phone internal memory is 181 mb out of which 150 mb is occupied. my phone has external memory of 8 GB (25% is utilized up to date).
Problem i am having is related to storage setting, i.e, i want that the new apps i download in future must utilise SD card and not phone memory. Recently i tried to download a game of ~50 mb from android market, but my download did not occur and give the error that "enough memory is not available, plz remove the current applications to download this app." i figure out that app i tried to download tried to utilize internal phone memory. i even bought a 8 GB aditional memory card to download more stuff...
Let me explain "my research" i did to solve the issue:
1. i search in "setting" and i found no option in it to set SD card as primary storage devise.
2. i go to settings > application > manage applications > running > setting storage (v 2.2.1). All the options (i.e. force stop, uninstall, clear data, move to SD card) is "off". ( i am getting impression that the function is disable??)
if someone using the same phone reading my question then kindly explain me this and help me out, i am feeling that i cannot install any apps as my internal memory is nearly full??
Hi you can use Android SDK tool kit which you can download from internet. You have to install it. Now follow these steps:
1.Connect your phone to PC.
2. Open up command prompt and type cd c:\program files\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools (or the location of the folder if you installed somewhere else).
3. type adb devices. It will open a port probably 5037 and will list a device.
(if you dont see any device with its number then drivers for your device has not been installed on your PC. To do this you need Samsung Kies to be installed on your PC).
4. Once device is listed, type adb shell and it will go down to next line. type pm setInstallLocation 2 (Type exactly same letters with small and big letters)
Thats it, now every app you install will go directly to sdcard, if you need to move existing apps to sdcard that can only be done if your device is rooted and you have proper app to move apps e.g App2SD or Link2SD.)