Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By quickaudi
  • 1 Post By mogelijk
  • 2 Post By NSutherl
  • 1 Post By NSutherl
  • 1 Post By NSutherl

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 12th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Codec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 430
 
Device(s): Google Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Default When is the OTA for JB coming to Verizon?

My phone is rooted so I don't work with Wi-Fi update.

Codec is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 12th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
quickaudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 2,956
 
Device(s): VZW G'Note2 VZW SGS3 VZW Galaxy Nexus Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 100
Thanked 348 Times in 288 Posts
Send a message via AIM to quickaudi
Default

nobody knows, including Verizon
Crashumbc likes this.
quickaudi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: O-town Florida
Posts: 817
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx HD (wife)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 150 Times in 117 Posts
stevenrothermel@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codec View Post
My phone is rooted so I don't work with Wi-Fi update.
what?

if you are rooted you can already run 4.2.1. i have been on it for a couple weeks now i think. there are CM10.1 and AOKP as well as some fully stock 4.2.1 builds available for Toro (the VZW Gnexus)

backup your apps with titanium
download the ROM and GAPPS package
boot into recovery
make a backup
wipe data/factory reset
install ROM
install GAPPS
reboot
Profit
__________________
Android Junkie
Turdbogls is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 122
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Default

what fully stock 4.2.1 builds do you recommend?
indianajonze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,458
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus HSPA+, Nook HD+, HP Touchpad w/ CM10 and Nook Color (previously rooted)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 123
Thanked 484 Times in 301 Posts
Default

Although I'm sure you meant when 4.2 will be available from Verizon, I will point out that Jellybean has already been released (4.1.1) by Verizon for the GNex. As someone using 4.2 on a Galaxy Nexus, I can't think of much reason to want 4.2 over 4.1 right now.
ZackyZombieface likes this.
mogelijk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Codec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 430
 
Device(s): Google Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
Although I'm sure you meant when 4.2 will be available from Verizon, I will point out that Jellybean has already been released (4.1.1) by Verizon for the GNex. As someone using 4.2 on a Galaxy Nexus, I can't think of much reason to want 4.2 over 4.1 right now.
The OTA update had been released? I never got it, only the Wi-Fi.
Codec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
NSutherl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): Samsung GNex (LTE)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 360
Thanked 150 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
what fully stock 4.2.1 builds do you recommend?
mmuzzy's stock 4.2 JOP40D build is the smoothest 4.2 ROM out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codec View Post
The OTA update had been released? I never got it, only the Wi-Fi.
If you got an update over wi-fi it is still the OTA. Didn't you say you are rooted? If you are rooted, there's a 95% chance you have a custom recovery installed (ClockworkMOD, TWRP, etc), in which case you won't receive an OTA.
Crashumbc and ZackyZombieface like this.
__________________
Samsung GNex (CDMA/LTE) Rooted
mmuzzy 4.2.2 JDQ39
FK01/FK02 Radios
NSutherl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Codec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 430
 
Device(s): Google Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSutherl View Post
mmuzzy's stock 4.2 JOP40D build is the smoothest 4.2 ROM out there.



If you got an update over wi-fi it is still the OTA. Didn't you say you are rooted? If you are rooted, there's a 95% chance you have a custom recovery installed (ClockworkMOD, TWRP, etc), in which case you won't receive an OTA.
i have ClockworkMOD, what do i do?
Codec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
NSutherl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): Samsung GNex (LTE)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 360
Thanked 150 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codec View Post
i have ClockworkMOD, what do i do?
See here. Click "How to flash a ROM via ClockworkMod custom recovery"
NSutherl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nj02vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marlton, NJ
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,345
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Transformer Infinity, Transformer Prime, Too many things
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 624
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

There is no 4.2 OTA update for Verizon GNex models, only 4.1.

If you want 4.2, the only option right now is to install a custom ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSutherl View Post
If you got an update over wi-fi it is still the OTA. Didn't you say you are rooted? If you are rooted, there's a 95% chance you have a custom recovery installed (ClockworkMOD, TWRP, etc), in which case you won't receive an OTA.
Unlocking, Rooting or having custom recoveries installed won't prevent you from receiving the OTA. In fact, as long as you've made no direct system changes, it won't even prevent you from installing the OTA.

I've installed many OTAs over CWM with no issue.
nj02vette is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B'more
Posts: 1,768
 
Device(s): S4 (VZW) , (old)Galaxy Nexus (LTE), (old)HTC Incredible, (oldest phone)Samsung SCH-i760
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,631
Thanked 787 Times in 482 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj02vette View Post
There is no 4.2 OTA update for Verizon GNex models, only 4.1.

If you want 4.2, the only option right now is to install a custom ROM.


Unlocking, Rooting or having custom recoveries installed won't prevent you from receiving the OTA. In fact, as long as you've made no direct system changes, it won't even prevent you from installing the OTA.

I've installed many OTAs over CWM with no issue.
Your experience is contrary mine and many others then. You may get a notification of a OTA if your rooted. But I've never had one succeed to install with a custom recovery.
Crashumbc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, Nexus 10 32g
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 8
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashumbc View Post
Your experience is contrary mine and many others then. You may get a notification of a OTA if your rooted. But I've never had one succeed to install with a custom recovery.
Same, I have never had an OTA work with CWM installed on my Galaxy Nexus. I am rooted and unlocked but no custom recovery on my N10 and I can install the OTA no issues.
Ravenwjf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
NSutherl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): Samsung GNex (LTE)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 360
Thanked 150 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj02vette View Post
Unlocking, Rooting or having custom recoveries installed won't prevent you from receiving the OTA. In fact, as long as you've made no direct system changes, it won't even prevent you from installing the OTA.

I've installed many OTAs over CWM with no issue.
An unlocked bootloader will not prevent you from receiving OTA updates, but having a custom recovery will. Maybe what you did was install the update via CWM with a flashable zip made from OTA?

Usually what happens is someone who has a locked bootloader with stock recovery will receive the OTA from Verizon, grab the source files, and post it on XDA. Then devs will take the OTA files and turn them into a flashable zip so those who have an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed can receive the update.
Crashumbc likes this.
NSutherl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nj02vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marlton, NJ
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,345
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Transformer Infinity, Transformer Prime, Too many things
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 624
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSutherl View Post
An unlocked bootloader will not prevent you from receiving OTA updates, but having a custom recovery will. Maybe what you did was install the update via CWM with a flashable zip made from OTA?

Usually what happens is someone who has a locked bootloader with stock recovery will receive the OTA from Verizon, grab the source files, and post it on XDA. Then devs will take the OTA files and turn them into a flashable zip so those who have an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed can receive the update.
Admittedly, I could be completely wrong.

I installed many OTA updates on my older rooted Droid X with CWM installed....but with a locked (encrypted) bootloader. It was never an issue. But with the bootloader locked, perhaps recovery was done differently.

Similarly, many OTA updates on my unlocked/rooted GNex, but with no CWM installed.

So that may be the difference.
nj02vette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
NSutherl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): Samsung GNex (LTE)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 360
Thanked 150 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj02vette View Post
Admittedly, I could be completely wrong.

I installed many OTA updates on my older rooted Droid X with CWM installed....but with a locked (encrypted) bootloader. It was never an issue. But with the bootloader locked, perhaps recovery was done differently.

Similarly, many OTA updates on my unlocked/rooted GNex, but with no CWM installed.

So that may be the difference.
While I can't speak for the DX, the fact that you can accept OTA's on your GNex makes sense, since you don't have a custom recovery installed. A custom recovery (not an unlocked bootloader) is one of the red flags that OTA's check for when determining if your phone is eligible for the OTA.
Crashumbc likes this.
NSutherl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, Nexus 10 32g
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 8
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

So I have had my Nexus 10 since right before Thanksgiving and it came with 4.2 and had the 4.2.1 update right out of the box. So..... Around a month and a half 4.2.1 has been out. I am hoping Verizon hasn't just quit on doing updates already. I haven't ROM'd yet because I have actually been enjoying stock but if no update by the end of February I think I am finally going to go with Shiney. I wish there was some word. I know that Verizon is several updates behind now.....
Ravenwjf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
quickaudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 2,956
 
Device(s): VZW G'Note2 VZW SGS3 VZW Galaxy Nexus Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 100
Thanked 348 Times in 288 Posts
Send a message via AIM to quickaudi
Default

VZW is so behind that they (Moto?) released (on accident?) a 4.1.2 update for the Droid Razr/Maxx that would have put it officially ahead of the VZW Nexus.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.
quickaudi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy Nexus Nexus 7 Rooted HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

There's really no point in waiting on a VZW update that will probably never come. If you're already rooted and want a stable stock ROM, there are plenty that are better now than the offical OTA (if it ever gets pushed) will be. If you don't like it, you can always go back to your stock backup.

Also, read up on the file directory changes that occur when going from 4.1 to 4.2 and have your recovery up to date. That way you're not freaked out when you upgrade and your backups are "missing".
DWasilew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 665
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus Droid Eris, Condemned CM7 v. 24 (retired)
Carrier: Verizon (Personal); AT&T (Work)

Thanks: 48
Thanked 67 Times in 53 Posts
Default

I suspect we have seen the last official update for the VZW Nexus. Verizon is not good about supporting the devices on their network, but won't relinquish the control to the manufacturers. They are much more interested in selling new phones than supporting the ones already on their network.

When you buy a new phone from Verizon, you need to either be willing to live with it the way it is for the life of the contract, or Root/ROM it. If you do get an OTA update, consider it a bonus.

Mine shipped with ICS and I got the official JB upgrade in late September (I think). I don't really care about the newer JB. I'll probably start to feel some regrets when phones running KLP come out. I'm sure I'll root the phone when/if KLP-based ROMS are out for the VZW Nexus.
nomarsgirl is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
trophynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SouthEastern US
Posts: 5,491
 
Device(s): Iphone 5
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1,823
Thanked 1,847 Times in 1,182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarsgirl View Post
I suspect we have seen the last official update for the VZW Nexus. Verizon is not good about supporting the devices on their network, but won't relinquish the control to the manufacturers. They are much more interested in selling new phones than supporting the ones already on their network.

When you buy a new phone from Verizon, you need to either be willing to live with it the way it is for the life of the contract, or Root/ROM it. If you do get an OTA update, consider it a bonus.

Mine shipped with ICS and I got the official JB upgrade in late September (I think). I don't really care about the newer JB. I'll probably start to feel some regrets when phones running KLP come out. I'm sure I'll root the phone when/if KLP-based ROMS are out for the VZW Nexus.
I think you'll see another official update from VZW for the G Nex.

Also lets not forget that VZW doesn't and isn't capable of getting their hands on the Iphone update process. Apple handles it 100%. Google could do the same if they wanted to spend the money to pay VZW to look the other way. Or whatever black magic voodoo it is that Apple did to achieve that.
trophynuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson Mississippi
Posts: 465
 
Device(s): CDMA Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophynuts View Post
I think you'll see another official update from VZW for the G Nex.

Also lets not forget that VZW doesn't and isn't capable of getting their hands on the Iphone update process. Apple handles it 100%. Google could do the same if they wanted to spend the money to pay VZW to look the other way. Or whatever black magic voodoo it is that Apple did to achieve that.
Apple tells Vzw and whoever else, this is the way it is if you want our product and since everyone wants apple products on the shelf the have to go for it. Its the same way the big boys in agriculture tells walmart this is the price of the product deal with it.

I wish google would boss up and put up some type of regulations on android, something, anything. No phones less than 2 versions behind, updates must go out within 6-8 weeks, something!!!!!!!
kinfolk248 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,364
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,725
Thanked 5,830 Times in 3,292 Posts
jhawkkw
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinfolk248 View Post
Apple tells Vzw and whoever else, this is the way it is if you want our product and since everyone wants apple products on the shelf the have to go for it. Its the same way the big boys in agriculture tells walmart this is the price of the product deal with it.

I wish google would boss up and put up some type of regulations on android, something, anything. No phones less than 2 versions behind, updates must go out within 6-8 weeks, something!!!!!!!
Basically due to the success that the iPhone had on AT&T, Apple felt they had the right to dictate all terms about their device, even on Verizon's proprietary network. Verizon apparently thought it was worth it and yielded to Apple's demands. I do wonder how things would be these days if Verizon continued to tell Apple to shove it.
__________________
Site Rules/Guidelines / Meet the Team
If something needs attention, Report it .
If someone helped you, hit to show it.

Current Devices: Nexus 5, HP 14 Chromebook (Data Enabled), Google Glass, (2013) LTE Nexus 7, Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, (2012) WiFi Nexus 7, Asus TF700, Nexus 4
jhawkkw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson Mississippi
Posts: 465
 
Device(s): CDMA Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
Basically due to the success that the iPhone had on AT&T, Apple felt they had the right to dictate all terms about their device, even on Verizon's proprietary network. Verizon apparently thought it was worth it and yielded to Apple's demands. I do wonder how things would be these days if Verizon continued to tell Apple to shove it.
Thats an easy answer, verizon wouldnt have it...
kinfolk248 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,458
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus HSPA+, Nook HD+, HP Touchpad w/ CM10 and Nook Color (previously rooted)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 123
Thanked 484 Times in 301 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinfolk248 View Post
Apple tells Vzw and whoever else, this is the way it is if you want our product and since everyone wants apple products on the shelf the have to go for it. Its the same way the big boys in agriculture tells walmart this is the price of the product deal with it.

I wish google would boss up and put up some type of regulations on android, something, anything. No phones less than 2 versions behind, updates must go out within 6-8 weeks, something!!!!!!!
The problem is, Google isn't the one that needs to do it (other than the Nexus). While Google does make Android, it is the phone manufacturers that create the drivers for the individual phones, as well as compiling the Android source code to run on their processor. In Apple's case, since there are technically the manufacturer (despite subbing it out to Foxconn), they update both the OS and the drivers.

Basically, it is companies like Samsung that need to take control from Verizon (no GS4 for you unless we control the updates...). Unfortunately, I can't see Samsung or any of the other manufactures willing to do that -- they don't see how it adds to their bottom line, if anything it slows down people from buying new phones to get the new OS. Though maybe if Motorola did it (since they are owned by Google), if they stole sales from other manufacturers it might force them into providing the updates.
mogelijk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson Mississippi
Posts: 465
 
Device(s): CDMA Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
The problem is, Google isn't the one that needs to do it (other than the Nexus). While Google does make Android, it is the phone manufacturers that create the drivers for the individual phones, as well as compiling the Android source code to run on their processor. In Apple's case, since there are technically the manufacturer (despite subbing it out to Foxconn), they update both the OS and the drivers.

Basically, it is companies like Samsung that need to take control from Verizon (no GS4 for you unless we control the updates...). Unfortunately, I can't see Samsung or any of the other manufactures willing to do that -- they don't see how it adds to their bottom line, if anything it slows down people from buying new phones to get the new OS. Though maybe if Motorola did it (since they are owned by Google), if they stole sales from other manufacturers it might force them into providing the updates.
Yea i know, thats why i say google should stop putting old versions of android open like it is. 4.2.1 is the current version, so 4.1 could be the oldest that samsung, lg, whoever could use as a platform. Stop letting people use 4.0 at stage late in the game...

there are ways to unify android put i dont think google really cares. They are just selling and making profits, but down the line I see this coming back on them!
kinfolk248 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
nj02vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marlton, NJ
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,345
 
Device(s): Verizon LG G2, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Transformer Infinity, Transformer Prime, Too many things
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 624
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophynuts View Post
I think you'll see another official update from VZW for the G Nex.

Also lets not forget that VZW doesn't and isn't capable of getting their hands on the Iphone update process. Apple handles it 100%. Google could do the same if they wanted to spend the money to pay VZW to look the other way. Or whatever black magic voodoo it is that Apple did to achieve that.
Not only Apple, but Microsoft has complete control of updates as well on the new Windows phone 8 that are on their network.

No, something else is going on behind the scenes.
nj02vette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #27 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): HTC One M8, Nexus 10 32g
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 8
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Well I said to heck with Verizon and flashed Shiny ROM!!! I now have JB 4.2.1 and am very happy with it. This is why I love Android and having a Nexus..... Cuz I don't have to wait on Verizon to decide whether or not they are going to support this phone anymore. Good luck everyone!!!!
Ravenwjf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
quickaudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 2,956
 
Device(s): VZW G'Note2 VZW SGS3 VZW Galaxy Nexus Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 100
Thanked 348 Times in 288 Posts
Send a message via AIM to quickaudi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinfolk248 View Post
Yea i know, thats why i say google should stop putting old versions of android open like it is. 4.2.1 is the current version, so 4.1 could be the oldest that samsung, lg, whoever could use as a platform. Stop letting people use 4.0 at stage late in the game...

there are ways to unify android put i dont think google really cares. They are just selling and making profits, but down the line I see this coming back on them!
Agree to disagree on this one. 4.0 is quite solid as a performer, and worlds ahead of GB that it replaced. Also, and this is why opinions are fun, Google hasn't nailed down all the issues on the 4.2 releases (or arguably even 4.1); why else would 4.2 not have DECEMBER, and we all know how bad 4.2.1 blows when it comes to BT issues. Heck, you should see the stack of bugs posted about the Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 on their own site, and that doesn't even take into consideration battery drain from Google Now. I think they have a ways to go before they can call 4.2.x stable.
quickaudi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Galaxy Nexus
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Galaxy Nexus is the third official phone contracted by Google and the first phone to come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Specs include a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 16/32GB of internal storage, a 4.65 inch 720p HD Super AMOLED... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.